Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,946 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:45 AM

Fire At Lagos International Trade Complex (Photos) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Fire At Lagos International Trade Complex (Photos) (18966 Views)

Traders Count Losses As Police Demolish Computer Village POWA Complex / Lagos International Trade Fair Reopened After Sudden Closure / BREAKING The Entire Lagos International Trade Fair Complex Sealed Off (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fire At Lagos International Trade Complex (Photos) by ceometromedia: 7:47pm On Dec 17, 2017
Tragedy struck at the Lagos International Trade complex located along Badagry Expressway following a fire outbreak that destroyed goods and property worth over 100 million naira on Saturday morning.

It was gathered that the inferno affected the Association of Progressive Traders (APT) Article Line, Block One section of the complex.

Photos: Fire destroys goods and property worth over N100 million naira at Lagos International Trade complex

According eyewitnesses, the fire which started at about 3am, was ignited from the seething heat emanating from an incinerator sparked off fire from a nearby truck said to be fully loaded with perfumes and other combustible goods.

The fully loaded truck was set to leave for Onitsha before it caught fire, further razing more goods and some nearby shops till the intervention of the officials of the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA).

The fire reportedly took close to 20 hours before it was put off, because it was fuelled by many inflammable materials like perfume, hair products, fire crackers, gas cylinders, vehicle parts and other combustible items.

One of the affected traders that identified himself as Darlington told newsmen that he lost goods worth 10 million Naira, plus N500, 000 Naira cash. He disclosed that he sells local and imported perfumes and is still in shock at his loss.

“I just don’t know where to start from,” he cried to newsmen.

More photos below...

http://www.metronaija.com/photos-fire-lagos-international-trade-complex/

Re: Fire At Lagos International Trade Complex (Photos) by ceometromedia: 7:47pm On Dec 17, 2017

Re: Fire At Lagos International Trade Complex (Photos) by ceometromedia: 7:48pm On Dec 17, 2017

Re: Fire At Lagos International Trade Complex (Photos) by Nobody: 7:54pm On Dec 17, 2017
Jesus....ahn ahn
Re: Fire At Lagos International Trade Complex (Photos) by Yeligray(m): 7:59pm On Dec 17, 2017
Fire service be like, "no water".
Re: Fire At Lagos International Trade Complex (Photos) by KushyKush: 8:37pm On Dec 17, 2017
Now playing
Fia fia...

4 Likes

Re: Fire At Lagos International Trade Complex (Photos) by Alao046(m): 8:38pm On Dec 17, 2017
Some people will soon claim victims, we were their target, bla bla bla bla bla. I did non mention names ooh

9 Likes

Re: Fire At Lagos International Trade Complex (Photos) by slawomir: 8:39pm On Dec 17, 2017
ok
Re: Fire At Lagos International Trade Complex (Photos) by femo86(m): 8:40pm On Dec 17, 2017
Nawa ooooo...

I remembered Eko Idumota market lastyear....Same thing always at year end

God keep us all from bad occurrences...

Peace out

5 Likes

Re: Fire At Lagos International Trade Complex (Photos) by mightyhazel: 8:41pm On Dec 17, 2017
for this buhari regime ?

1 Like

Re: Fire At Lagos International Trade Complex (Photos) by samzzycash(m): 8:44pm On Dec 17, 2017
Re: Fire At Lagos International Trade Complex (Photos) by SmartchoiceNGR: 8:46pm On Dec 17, 2017
Sabotage suspected!

Gavelslam follow up this case.... don't be surprised the traders will be left on their own.

1 Like

Re: Fire At Lagos International Trade Complex (Photos) by BecomeALandLord(m): 8:46pm On Dec 17, 2017
Wow
Sorry for their loss.
What a pity!!!
This incidence will really spoil their mood heading to the yelutide season

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fire At Lagos International Trade Complex (Photos) by veeveejay(f): 8:47pm On Dec 17, 2017
God save us
Re: Fire At Lagos International Trade Complex (Photos) by sunsewa16: 8:49pm On Dec 17, 2017
this news came late,it happened yesterday.

1 Like

Re: Fire At Lagos International Trade Complex (Photos) by cyojunior1(m): 8:50pm On Dec 17, 2017
so happy
Re: Fire At Lagos International Trade Complex (Photos) by casdoruche: 8:51pm On Dec 17, 2017
R
PastorLucifer:
Stop doing money rituals my flattino brothers no go hear.
R

So Mr Adviser, all that your brain can defecate is money ritual. It is obvious that your rectum like brain lacks the most negligible content to make wealth.

If not you would know that fire is Natural and is not peculiar to a tribe.

Or why do we have fire insurance

5 Likes

Re: Fire At Lagos International Trade Complex (Photos) by ZombiePUNISHER: 8:53pm On Dec 17, 2017
cyojunior1:
so happy

Why wont you be
When the progress of others gives you people sleepless nights...
Pathetic things... Keep doing omonile
Laziness is in your genes

7 Likes

Re: Fire At Lagos International Trade Complex (Photos) by Kylekent59: 9:01pm On Dec 17, 2017
It happened yesterday. Was there life and direct.
Re: Fire At Lagos International Trade Complex (Photos) by JoNach: 9:02pm On Dec 17, 2017
Every end of the year one major traders market in Lagos will be engulfed with fire , I really suspect foul play by LASG. Now they will go and renovate the market and lease out the shops with outrageous prices.

1 Like

Re: Fire At Lagos International Trade Complex (Photos) by Nobody: 9:07pm On Dec 17, 2017
Igbos businesses have always been destroyed by wicked and jealous arsonists
every year, until Igbos began to think about developing their own towns and villages and build markets in their own regions these incidents will keep happening.

Why did this market not caught fire From january to november? why in december? when igbo traders are preparing to make money on seasonal sales.

All these is to frustrate them, but they will never learn.
it is very sad and unfair

7 Likes

Re: Fire At Lagos International Trade Complex (Photos) by Nobody: 9:07pm On Dec 17, 2017
Alao046:
Some people will soon claim victims, we were their target, bla bla bla bla bla. I did non mention names ooh

Tribalism and insanity has destroyed you.

What I'm seeing on your dp should be enough motivation for you to do something useful with your miserable life. Onye iberibe!!

1 Like

Re: Fire At Lagos International Trade Complex (Photos) by Nobody: 9:18pm On Dec 17, 2017
JoNach:
Every end of the year one major traders market in Lagos will be engulfed with fire , I really suspect foul play by LASG. Now they will go and renovate the market and lease out the shops with outrageous prices.
Absolutely! there are no two ways About it, you are correct! and you will find that the %99 traders in that market are Igbos and they own the most shops in the market, this arson is perhap to frustrate them, and why in this seasonal sale time? it is very sad! this fire was delibrately lit by jealous and wicked arsonists

1 Like

Re: Fire At Lagos International Trade Complex (Photos) by yondiamekenpach: 9:21pm On Dec 17, 2017
gypsey:
every year, until Igbos began to think about developing their own towns and villages and build markets in their own regions these incidents will keep happening.

Why did this market not caught fire From january to november? why in december? when igbo traders are preparing to make money on seasonal sales.

guy sorry to say but u are a fool
u just read that

"According eyewitnesses, the fire which started at about 3am, was ignited from the seething heat emanating from an incinerator sparked off fire from a nearby truck said to be fully loaded with perfumes and other combustible goods.

The fully loaded truck was set to leave for Onitsha before it caught fire, further razing more goods and some nearby shops till the intervention of the officials of the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA)."

and u are busy talking trash na ppl like you de cause trouble anyhow.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fire At Lagos International Trade Complex (Photos) by Jbuster: 9:23pm On Dec 17, 2017
Hello, good morning. Please help.me fund my wallet. I paid 2000 naira on your access bank account on Monday through my access bank app. And immediately my account was debited. It is so regrettable that since then my wallet has not been credited. Mr victor
ojeanelo please do something. I'm already fed up of this.
(victor ojeanelo & Clubkonnect)
Re: Fire At Lagos International Trade Complex (Photos) by Martin0(m): 9:25pm On Dec 17, 2017
gypsey:
Absolutely! there are no two ways About it, you are correct! and you will find that the %99 traders in that market are Igbos and they own the most shops in the market, this arson is perhap to frustrate them, and why in this seasonal sale time? it is very sad! this fire was delibrately lit by jealous and wicked arsonists

Exactly
Re: Fire At Lagos International Trade Complex (Photos) by Martin0(m): 9:30pm On Dec 17, 2017
gypsey:

Hmmmm na wa ooo,how u take get that idea say dem igbo men are in the time of seasonal sales
Well I nor even need to ask u sha,but u dey surprise pesin ooo,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fire At Lagos International Trade Complex (Photos) by Nobody: 9:31pm On Dec 17, 2017
yondiamekenpach:

guy sorry to say but u are a fool
u just read that

"According eyewitnesses, the fire which started at about 3am, was ignited from the seething heat emanating from an incinerator sparked off fire from a nearby truck said to be fully loaded with perfumes and other combustible goods.

The fully loaded truck was set to leave for Onitsha before it caught fire, further razing more goods and some nearby shops till the intervention of the officials of the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA)."

and u are busy talking trash na ppl like you de cause trouble anyhow.
Thank you! yes! i am a fool! Anything else? grin

you obviously believes that fabricated stories, grin
Do you really think the culprits who ignited that fire and destroyed innocent people's Goods worth millions and means of livelihood will come out and say YES! we did it!

you are one Naive soul! i Admire your naivety, why don't they investigate and find if really it's true how the fire started why conlude Already?
this fire incident has Ulterior motives written all over it.
Re: Fire At Lagos International Trade Complex (Photos) by ifyboy60(m): 9:31pm On Dec 17, 2017
gypsey:

abeg stop bringing tribalism to a natural disaster

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Difference Between A Business Name And Limited Company (cac-wise) / Two Oando Directors Resign As Crisis Deepens / Africa's Growth Potential- And Its "Next 10" Biggest Cities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.