Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,637 members, 7,801,839 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:31 AM

Why The Drastic Drop In Price Of Honda Accord 2008-2010 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why The Drastic Drop In Price Of Honda Accord 2008-2010 (5555 Views)

The History And Evolution Of Honda Civic / It Will Cost You ₦7.3m To Rent Bugatti Veyron For A Day,Price Of Honda Civic / How Can One Know When The Leg Of Honda Car Is About To Pull Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why The Drastic Drop In Price Of Honda Accord 2008-2010 by segzyndpep(m): 8:00pm On Dec 17, 2017
When i compare the price of Nigeria use accord 2010 and camry 2010 the price diff is much..does it mean that accord has no second hand value or what..want ti know because to me d car is a beast

1 Like

Re: Why The Drastic Drop In Price Of Honda Accord 2008-2010 by wtfcoded: 9:44pm On Dec 17, 2017
Don't use the word 'beast' for an ordinary accord
angry

6 Likes

Re: Why The Drastic Drop In Price Of Honda Accord 2008-2010 by Readonee35L(m): 10:21pm On Dec 17, 2017
The accords you see for that price are not in good condition.
Nobody will sell an accord which was purchased as tokunbo for close to 3million and still maintain it properly and end up selling it for 1.2m after using it for 2 or 3years.

Most of those cars you're are seeing are probably 3rd body. With weak engines .

No good car comes cheap even 9ja used.

8 Likes

Re: Why The Drastic Drop In Price Of Honda Accord 2008-2010 by segzyndpep(m): 11:21pm On Dec 17, 2017
Readonee35L:
Nobody will sell an accord which was purchased as tokunbo for close to 3million and still maintain it properly and end up selling it for 1.2m after using it for 2 or 3years.

Thank you
Re: Why The Drastic Drop In Price Of Honda Accord 2008-2010 by MRLANNISTER(m): 2:21am On Dec 18, 2017
segzyndpep:
When i compare the price of Nigeria use accord 2010 and camry 2010 the price diff is much..does it mean that accord has no second hand value or what..want ti know because to me d car is a beast

Oga, I just bought an 09 accord. Naija for over 2M. It was brought in 2 yrs ago. It is first body and the engine is verified by the inspection guys. I saw plenty for N1.7 and N1.8 but when I inspect na poor interior of signs of engine this or that. Same vein you will see some 09 Camry for 1.5M.

People who want cheap things will fall prey. If you have the money buy the best you can. But if you buy cheap pray you don't have problems. That is not to say that you can't be lucky.

2 Likes

Re: Why The Drastic Drop In Price Of Honda Accord 2008-2010 by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:47am On Dec 18, 2017
Readonee35L:

2 crates of coold origin for you sir.

2 Likes

Re: Why The Drastic Drop In Price Of Honda Accord 2008-2010 by segzyndpep(m): 8:52am On Dec 18, 2017
MRLANNISTER:

Oga, I just bought an 09 accord. Naija for over 2M. It was brought in 2 yrs ago. It is first body and the engine is verified by the inspection guys. I saw plenty for N1.7 and N1.8 but when I inspect na poor interior of signs of engine this or that. Same vein you will see some 09 Camry for 1.5M.

People who want cheap things will fall prey. If you have the money buy the best you can. But if you buy cheap pray you don't have problems. That is not to say that you can't be lucky.

You are bless sir
Re: Why The Drastic Drop In Price Of Honda Accord 2008-2010 by thegame(m): 6:42pm On Dec 18, 2017
A colleague just bought one of these used 09 accords and from what I have deduced within a week of using it, precious owner didn’t maintain it well. Within a week, car has visited mechanic’s shop at least twice. As we type, car is at mechanic’s shop. I heard it jacks or something like that.

The issue with these cars is, they need recommended oil and caution when maintaining them. No shortcut. Whoever rushes to sell such cars at drastically low prices is obviously trying to hide something or just get the car off at any cost. Half bread as they say is better than none, right?

So when you see a new car being sold off at odd prices, just watch out. Owner may have done an irreparable damage to the car

1 Like

Re: Why The Drastic Drop In Price Of Honda Accord 2008-2010 by segzyndpep(m): 9:39pm On Dec 18, 2017
thegame:
A colleague just bought one of these used 09 accords and from what I have deduced within a week of using it, precious owner didn’t maintain it well. Within a week, car has visited mechanic’s shop at least twice. As we type, car is at mechanic’s shop. I heard it jacks or something like that.

The issue with these cars is, they need recommended oil and caution when maintaining them. No shortcut. Whoever rushes to sell such cars at drastically low prices is obviously trying to hide something or just get the car off at any cost. Half bread as they say is better than none, right?

So when you see a new car being sold off at odd prices, just watch out. Owner may have done an irreparable damage to the car
Thank u sir..u r very correct
Re: Why The Drastic Drop In Price Of Honda Accord 2008-2010 by bravolad(m): 8:16am On Dec 19, 2017
segzyndpep:

The onus of decision is with the buyer, which is often considered with regard to his/her budget. Most buyers also set out with a particular car in mind without recourse to the prevail price at the time knowing very well that the particular model is well outside their reach.

Hence, they would opt for the cheap option and ignorant of the level of abuse car has been subjected to. Within few weeks of purchase, all manner of mechanic & electrical problems would begin to surface. Of course, next is to rush it off to another unsuspecting buyer who also likes to buy cheap.

It's important to note a few things before buying a car:
1. What is the prevail price of the car from the destination country?
2. Consider the prevailing local price of a used one
3. How much is the duty payable for such a car in Nigeria?

With these considerations, do you think after 3 years or so of usage with proper maintenance, an owner will give away his/her car for just peanut? There's always a reason for the cheap or low prices you see around. Most times, the real problems with the cars are concealed even from experienced mechanics.

There are very few occasions when a car owner may need money urgently & would gladly give out his/her car at a ridiculously lower price from the market value but these situations are rare to come by. If you maintain your car properly, I bet you won't just sell it at just any price irrespective of the years of usage.

3 Likes

Re: Why The Drastic Drop In Price Of Honda Accord 2008-2010 by segzyndpep(m): 9:16am On Dec 19, 2017
bravolad:

The onus of decision is with the buyer, which is often considered with regard to his/her budget. Most buyers also set out with a particular car in mind without recourse to the prevail price at the time knowing very well that the particular model is well outside their reach.

Hence, they would opt for the cheap option and ignorant of the level of abuse car has been subjected to. Within few weeks of purchase, all manner of mechanic & electrical problems would begin to surface. Of course, next is to rush it off to another unsuspecting buyer who also likes to buy cheap.

It's important to note a few things before buying a car:
1. What is the prevail price of the car from the destination country?
2. Consider the prevailing local price of a used one
3. How much is the duty payable for such a car in Nigeria?

With these considerations, do you think after 3 years or so of usage with proper maintenance, an owner will give away his/her car for just peanut? There's always a reason for the cheap or low prices you see around. Most times, the real problems with the cars are concealed even from experienced mechanics.

There are very few occasions when a car owner may need money urgently & would gladly give out his/her car at a ridiculously lower price from the market value but these situations are rare to come by. If you maintain your car properly, I bet you won't just sell it at just any price irrespective of the years of usage.

Thanks for the light sir
Re: Why The Drastic Drop In Price Of Honda Accord 2008-2010 by obekediamondfuto(m): 8:29pm On Dec 19, 2017
also consider the mpg of both, Nigerians like and have always liked awoof that's y the corolla is still selling as high as it does.

the muscle 4cyl does offer a beta mpg.

but do no be deceived, that accord is more expensive in international markets. its more trendy...... only the extremely used and abused can sell for that low a price.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Drastic Drop In Price Of Honda Accord 2008-2010 by segzyndpep(m): 10:12pm On Dec 19, 2017
obekediamondfuto:
also consider the mpg of both, Nigerians like and have always liked awoof that's y the corolla is still selling as high as it does.

the muscle 4cyl does offer a beta mpg.

but do no be deceived, that accord is more expensive in international markets. its more trendy...... only the extremely used and abused can sell for that low a price.

Thank u so much sir..infact am really happy with facts am reading here.God bless
Re: Why The Drastic Drop In Price Of Honda Accord 2008-2010 by cuterichbigdick(m): 4:08am On Dec 20, 2017
That is how i saw an advert of 09 accord for 1.7m and i was able to buy it for 1.6m.I spent about 200k in fixing one thing or the other just to make it my standard.About 2months later the engine got knocked the second time i traveled with the car.It cost me 550k to fix another engine,i learnt my lesson in a bitter way but now the car is in a very good condition but when i calculated the total amount i spent on it (cost of purchase and repairs) i realized i had spent about 2.4m within 4months of purchase.i said to my self that i could have gotten that type of car that is in a very good condition and sound engine for that price (2.4m) or even lesser and would have saved me from all the stress and drama i went through.

NOTE :Cheap cars are troubles in disguise

11 Likes

Re: Why The Drastic Drop In Price Of Honda Accord 2008-2010 by segzyndpep(m): 12:02am On Dec 21, 2017
cuterichbigdick:
That is how i saw an advert of 09 accord for 1.7m and i was able to buy it for 1.6m.I spent about 200k in fixing one thing or the other just to make it my standard.About 2months later the engine got knocked the second time i traveled with the car.It cost me 550k to fix another engine,i learnt my lesson in a bitter way but now the car is in a very good condition but when i calculated the total amount i spent on it (cost of purchase and repairs) i realized i had spent about 2.4m within 4months of purchase.i said to my self that i could have gotten that type of car that is in a very good condition and sound engine for that price (2.4m) or even lesser and would have saved me from all the stress and drama i went through.

NOTE :Cheap cars are troubles in disguise

God bless you sir..

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

How Did Toyota Hilux And Land Cruiser 70 Become The Terrorist Favorite Vehicles. / Engine Oil And Alloy Rims / My Trip From Lagos To Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.