Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,913 members, 7,806,651 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:53 PM

Why The Fuse Over Firdaus And Hijab? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why The Fuse Over Firdaus And Hijab? (896 Views)

Is This Legal Precedence In The Firdaus' Hijab And Nigerian Law School Incident? / Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony / Firdaus Amasa Insulted Those Who Begged Her To Remove Her Hijab - Twitter User (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why The Fuse Over Firdaus And Hijab? by BABSIN(m): 8:43pm On Dec 17, 2017
Sir Mota Singh.. The Asian Judge

Re: Why The Fuse Over Firdaus And Hijab? by BABSIN(m): 8:44pm On Dec 17, 2017
Kenyan Lawyers Called to Bar.

Below is the Kenya Advocates Dress Code....Why is Nigeria Different?

Re: Why The Fuse Over Firdaus And Hijab? by BABSIN(m): 8:46pm On Dec 17, 2017
Even The Minnesota Police Woman is allowed to wear her Hijab.... HIjab is not an occasional dressing, The way you wear pant to cover your Torso down so is it to those that believe in it.

Re: Why The Fuse Over Firdaus And Hijab? by BABSIN(m): 8:49pm On Dec 17, 2017
Even the Somali Snipers are not left out.

Re: Why The Fuse Over Firdaus And Hijab? by BABSIN(m): 8:52pm On Dec 17, 2017
Who said you can't wear as a pilot?

Re: Why The Fuse Over Firdaus And Hijab? by BABSIN(m): 8:53pm On Dec 17, 2017
Even Australia has Police in Hijab.... Every Woman has their right.

Re: Why The Fuse Over Firdaus And Hijab? by zephry(m): 8:56pm On Dec 17, 2017
as long as it is not embedded in the NLS code of conduct it is not acceptable
Re: Why The Fuse Over Firdaus And Hijab? by SmartchoiceNGR: 9:05pm On Dec 17, 2017
Tell Emir Lamido that

Re: Why The Fuse Over Firdaus And Hijab? by Nobody: 9:14pm On Dec 17, 2017
why must the world always make concessions for you people? before you complian, why not go compare how others treat Muslims and how Muslims treat others in countries of their majority? Burning minorities for alleged basphem of a piece of paper filled with Arabic words ( both invented in China ) how about you stop the persecution of Christians in Kaduna.

why is Muslims always different. Is it a crime to live in peace and keep the rules and regulations of your imaginary friend to you bedrooms. a nu offia !

1 Like

Re: Why The Fuse Over Firdaus And Hijab? by BABSIN(m): 9:29pm On Dec 17, 2017
Amakavula:
why must the world always make concessions for you people? before you complian, why not go compare how others treat Muslims and how Muslims treat others in countries of their majority? Burning minorities for alleged basphem of a piece of paper filled with Arabic words ( both invented in China ) how about you stop the persecution of Christians in Kaduna.

why is Muslims always different. Is it a crime to live in peace and keep the rules and regulations of your imaginary friend to you bedrooms. a nu offia !

My Friend you are derailing and sounded like a cry cry baby. Are you saying she is been punished for the crime of other?
Re: Why The Fuse Over Firdaus And Hijab? by Mynd44: 9:50pm On Dec 17, 2017
The next time he issue of homosexuality is raised, I hope you people will be here to show us which coubtries have legalized it and so we should copy them.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why The Fuse Over Firdaus And Hijab? by SmartchoiceNGR: 10:09pm On Dec 17, 2017
Mynd44:
The next time he issue of homosexuality is raised, I hope you people will be here to show us which coubtries have legalized it and so we should copy them.
Why not. I know someone who is eyeing you sef
Re: Why The Fuse Over Firdaus And Hijab? by dyydxx: 10:23pm On Dec 17, 2017
Nigeria is actually a secular country because the constitution expressly prohibits a state religion, in other words, there ought to be a separation of religion from the state/Governance. So, Nigeria is a secular country that has multi-religious and multi-cultural ethnicities.

Now the same constitution that guarantees freedom of religion, also guarantees the free rights of those who choose not to express any religious beliefs. In other words, the same constitution that guarantees your right to express your religion as a muslim is the same that guarantees equal rights as a christian and all others. I hope you can understand this simple break down

Now to the issue at hand, It is a matter for the NBA in this case or the college of benchers to determine how it's members as a body should be dressed when practicing this particular profession or during the call to bar. If they choose to be religiously neutral and by that I mean ban all religious clothing and insignia across board and affecting all religious inclinations, then they are well within their constitutional right as a body to do this. This doesn't constitute any kind of discrimination or intolerance. Your right to wear hijab cannot supercede an organisation's right to determine how the organisation should be known by for their functions.

For all practical purposes, unless the NBA decides to accept ladies using hijab or any other religious wears they are within their rights to deny the said girl. The said girl is just a misguided islamic fanatic that feels she can score some cheap points.

See as a reference the ECJ ruling on a similar matter. This is just a pattern to see how more sophisticated climes have dealt with this kind of issue.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-39264845

1 Like

Re: Why The Fuse Over Firdaus And Hijab? by bolinjkezzy(m): 5:58am On Dec 18, 2017
Mynd44:
Tell them ooo
We are hypocrite in Nigeria maybe that's why we are still backward. Hijab should be accepted because other countries accepted it but homosexuality shouldn't.
Re: Why The Fuse Over Firdaus And Hijab? by Nobody: 3:16am On Dec 19, 2017
Mynd44:

you are equating a religious clothing choice with sexual orientation ??

what sort of analogy is that?

so in your book, legislation on a woman wearing an item of clothing is on the same level as legislation on consensual sex??

na real wa for you
Re: Why The Fuse Over Firdaus And Hijab? by Nobody: 3:19am On Dec 19, 2017
BABSIN:
Sir Mota Singh.. The Asian Judge

there is no need to be bothered.

women are already wearing hijab in multiple professions in this country without any issue. this country is 50% muslim and 50 % Christain and x % animist.

these kids are free to keep up their provincial attitudes. i wish them god luck in their first IT in banks etal when they meet ogas wearing hijab

(1) (Reply)

We Repair And Supply Hydraulic Pumps,pneumatics,and Other Engineering Services / What ‘ungrateful’ Genevieve Said That Got Dele Momodu Angry – Dele Momodu’s Pres / Civil Defence Past Questions And Answers PDF Download - Updated Copy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.