Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,944 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:32 AM

"Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church (22215 Views)

Debrah Osagiede Is Dead Spirit And Life Bible Church Founder / Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church / Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by oruma19: 8:37pm On Dec 25, 2017
umuna:
Father Abraham lived a holy life and filled with faith, but the Bible recorded he was very rich! If you believe being poor is what will make you get salvation and make heaven, good for you! You can be poor and still not make heaven!
my friend who told u deeper life is a poor church? Deeper life is rich but does not regard wealth. They believe in holiness , godliness with contentment. Stop talking trash. All of u after riches will be very poor unless and except u do evil. Those who work hard and don't value money are those God gives genuine blessings.

1 Like

Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by ricsman(m): 8:42pm On Dec 25, 2017
oruma19:
savior , sanctifier , healer, baptizer and coming king..Deeper life all the way..salvation is the message, not materialism. I am going back to my root. Deeper life bible church.
God help you to stand in holiness
Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by Nobody: 8:49pm On Dec 25, 2017
Analee:
bro pls stop all these window dressing,i know of a bro in a district n ph,i wont mention d exact district,if u c ds bro u wont believe say e go fit look anoda woman talkmore of to toast,if u c his wife pretty lady,dey bot finishd 4m uniport,ds bro tell me say mak i com meet 4 hotel say any amt of moni e go giv me,4 d first tym i was shockd dat ds comin 4m core deeperlifer,i askd him a deeperlifer lik u,he said deeperlif is js a church dat wat if i know him to b a christembassy,salvatn ministry,redeem,dat wil i say sayn all these,nahim i tell say na waterspirit dey wori am,mak n go OPM go collect assignmt,afterall na der wey one of der district pst get n own deliverance
Remember the man is just a human not an angel,even angels misbehaved,and not everyone that goes to church is a Christian, some people are just bench warmer and also how did U dress,because some people are too at the sight of woman body
Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by umuna(m): 9:11pm On Dec 25, 2017
oruma19:
my friend who told u deeper life is a poor church? Deeper life is rich but does not regard wealth. They believe in holiness , godliness with contentment. Stop talking trash. All of u after riches will be very poor unless and except u do evil. Those who work hard and don't value money are those God gives genuine blessings.

My friend there was no time I mentioned deep life as a poor church o! so other believers in other churches do not work hard to make their own money except deep life members? I think you are the one talking trash. As long you don't see any thing good in other believers in other churches, you don't have the love of Christ in you.

1 Like

Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by oruma19: 9:44pm On Dec 25, 2017
umuna:

My friend there was no time I mentioned deep life as a poor church o! so other believers in other churches do not work hard to make their own money except deep life members? I think you are the one talking trash. As long you don't see any thing good in other believers in other churches, you don't have the love of Christ in you.
na u sabi. I am not a deeper life member yet but they are the ones still preaching God's word, the rest of us are motivational speakers whose treasure is on earth. Truth be told.

1 Like

Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by umuna(m): 10:20pm On Dec 25, 2017
oruma19:
na u sabi. I am not a deeper life member yet but they are the ones still preaching God's word, the rest of us are motivational speakers whose treasure is on earth. Truth be told.

lipsrsealed undecided
Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by ricsman(m): 8:05am On Dec 26, 2017
oruma19:
Since you know this, why don't you join?
Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by UnchangeableGod: 12:14pm On Dec 26, 2017
Ochinex:

It is not a sin. Somethings are better avoided for the church holiness to stand.
The church is just avoiding bringing sin through drums and bands. For instance, some churches in the name of dancing turn the church into a club house, some opposite sex even dance with themselves in the name of dancing for Jesus.
I attended a church(name withheld) the Pastor was like "Shake that bumbum for Jesus, shake it, shake it" and I was like ah' you think boys won't be led into temptation through this mean? imagine a girl at my front shaking her big arse.
Hmmmmmm! All things are lawful but not all things are expedient. Remain blessed.
Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by UnchangeableGod: 12:22pm On Dec 26, 2017
frosbel2:
Your spiritual welfare is our concern as far as you come to our church and do not leave it ever.

Once you leave, you become a Judas and your spiritual welfare is no longer our concern,

What a bunch of hypocrites !!!
You are wrong sir. It is true that we fear that most of the people who leave the Church might have backslidden. Sometimes such is the case. At other tines, it is not exactly so. Some might be backslidden and still remain. As a Christian, I should not hate anyone for leaving the place I worship. However, I am more responsible to those in my fold.

1 Like

Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by UnchangeableGod: 12:25pm On Dec 26, 2017
fof1:

PLS THAT IS UNTRUE. THE CHURCH DOES STOP OR TEACH MEMBERS NOT TO WATCH TV. ITS EMPHASIS IS GODLY PROGRAMME CONTENT. TV IS A MACHINE BOX ITS NOT A SIN,ITS D CONTROL & AVOIDANCE OF IMMORALLY COMPELLING PROGRAMMES THAT IS TALKED OF.PARENTAL CONTROL/ADMONITION IS KEY.PLS DISREGARD ALL SUCH TALK..

Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by UnchangeableGod: 12:40pm On Dec 26, 2017
Dopenigga:
bullshit.this why Nigeria will always remain backward.your deeper life whatever is too extreme and that's the fact
The gate and way to eternal life in heaven is strait and narrow (what you call extremism) and only a few are interested whereas the gate and way to perdition is wide and broad (accommodates everything) and as such, multitudes throng that way (Matthew 7:13,14). Follow Deeper Life to heaven through the strait and narrow way. God's grace will be sufficient for you and the joy of the Lord will be your strength. The choice is yours. May God help you to choose right I J N,

1 Like

Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by UnchangeableGod: 1:03pm On Dec 26, 2017
asuustrike2009:

But many holiness churches play drum too.
The truth of the matter is that drum beating predisposes people to dance and swing their bodies sometimes provocatively. Young men and women even dance facing each each other in thr Church! Some of the people in the Church are mature believers who know that they need to moderate their dancing and not constititute a source of temptation to others.
There are others in the Church who do not know their left from their right. There are some weak Christians who might be battling with lust.
While dancing sensually, you cannot go to the dancers and tell them to stop, at least not at that moment. But a lot of damage might have been done to sinners for whom Christ died who come to Church to be saved from sin and saints who come to worship their Maker in the beauty of holiness. It is the 'holiness Church' that is still beating drums that should stop their drumming, not the other way round.

1 Like

Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by UnchangeableGod: 1:05pm On Dec 26, 2017
Leke001:
this sure remains one stand out church I can identify with...I'm yet to see another gathering where the depth of God's word is so prioritized than Deeper Life.I love them,and respect the man of God there.
To God be the glory!
Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by UnchangeableGod: 1:12pm On Dec 26, 2017
Ladyhippolyta88:
Is one's holiness in their dressing?Good for them o,wetin concern me,everybody to their kettle.
God expects Christians to demonstrate holiness in character, speech, relationship, work, business, dressing, appearance and every other area of life. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by ogasmallie: 1:15pm On Dec 26, 2017
Leke001:
this sure remains one stand out church I can identify with...I'm yet to see another gathering where the depth of God's word is so prioritized than Deeper Life.I love them,and respect the man of God there.
my friend has a wittness talked to u about god words
Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 1:16pm On Dec 26, 2017
UnchangeableGod:
God expects Christians to demonstrate holiness in character, speech, relationship, work, business, dressing, appearance and every other area of life. Thanks.
Tell yourself the truth nobody is a saint.
Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by UnchangeableGod: 1:16pm On Dec 26, 2017
bademikky:
This why their women are 40 before getting married and again their University fee has increase what is the different between them and other churches doctrine has blind folded them tell them all
You do not have a point sir. A lot of Deeper Life sisters have wedded in their twenties, some in their early twenties. I also know of sisters from other Churches and non believers who are above 40 and they are yet to marry.
Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by umuna(m): 6:10pm On Dec 26, 2017
UnchangeableGod:
The truth of the matter is that drum beating predisposes people to dance and swing their bodies sometimes provocatively. Young men and women even dance facing each each other in thr Church! Some of the people in the Church are mature believers who know that they need to moderate their dancing and not constititute a source of temptation to others.
There are others in the Church who do not know their left from their right. There are some weak Christians who might be battling with lust.
While dancing sensually, you cannot go to the dancers and tell them to stop, at least not at that moment. But a lot of damage might have been done to sinners for whom Christ died who come to Church to be saved from sin and saints who come to worship their Maker in the beauty of holiness. It is the 'holiness Church' that is still beating drums that should stop their drumming, not the other way round.

David danced almost naked in the presence of God and Israelites when the ark was being brought back!

1 Like

Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by Analee(f): 7:19pm On Dec 26, 2017
profolaolu:
Remember the man is just a human not an angel,even angels misbehaved,and not everyone that goes to church is a Christian, some people are just bench warmer and also how did U dress,because some people are too at the sight of woman body
its was a chat we had on whatsapp,even at dat a person of his calibre,wit church position and a deeperlifer 4 dat mata,lemme say weve met n he saw me dressd lik d world accordn to dem,isnt he suppose to advice or preach to me?so wat is purpose of all d crusade,retreat etc if der is no change,dat y daddy opm alwaz says if church cannot change u,change church.simple!
Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by Nobody: 7:59pm On Dec 26, 2017
UnchangeableGod:
You are wrong sir. It is true that we fear that most of the people who leave the Church might have backslidden. Sometimes such is the case. At other tines, it is not exactly so. Some might be backslidden and still remain. As a Christian, I should not hate anyone for leaving the place I worship. However, I am more responsible to those in my fold.

First of all Deeperlife is not the CHURCH - so called. Deeperlife is a religious organization founded by Pastor William Folorunso Kumuyi.

Secondly, when you FEAR that MOST of the people who leave the church might have backslidden you are arrogantly assuming that your church alone possesses the undiluted truth and is the holiest in doctrine and practice amongst others. You guys act and think like the Jehova Witnesses, Mormons or Christian Scientologists who think that their religion is exclusive to others and that their leader is next to God himself. This is CULTIC. Just because someone has left your religious organization does not mean that they have left Christ, in fact, they may even have left to be closer to Christ. When I decided to leave the deeper life church they completely cut off from my family even though at the time we still professed Christ. This is exactly what CULTs do. Christ is not about ONE MAN's religious empire.

Lastly, when you say you are more responsible for those of your fold, right there, you bring in DIVISION to the ONE FOLD of Christ. There should, in theory, be ONE CHURCH and ONE FOLD. All believers should be those of your fold and not just those who follow Pastor Kumuyi.

Bottom line is that anybody who leaves Deeperlife should expect to be slandered, they should also expect to be ostracized while other members are warned to avoid them like a plague. If this is what you guys call Christianity, I say good riddance to bad rubbish.

The deeper life false humility is not humility at all, it is a subtle pride of being the best and most holy church in the land which is PRIDE.

1 Like

Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by BeReaSonAble(m): 8:54pm On Dec 26, 2017
frosbel2:

First of all Deeperlife is not the CHURCH - so called. Deeperlife is a religious organization founded by Pastor William Folorunso Kumuyi.

Secondly, when you FEAR that MOST of the people who leave the church might have backslidden you are arrogantly assuming that your church alone possesses the undiluted truth and is the holiest in doctrine and practice amongst others. You guys act and think like the Jehova Witnesses, Mormons or Christian Scientologists who think that their religion is exclusive to others and that their leader is next to God himself. This is CULTIC. Just because someone has left your religious organization does not mean that they have left Christ, in fact, they may even have left to be closer to Christ. When I decided to leave the deeper life church they completely cut off from my family even though at the time we still professed Christ. This is exactly what CULTs do. Christ is not about ONE MAN's religious empire.

Lastly, when you say you are more responsible for those of your fold, right there, you bring in DIVISION to the ONE FOLD of Christ. There should, in theory, be ONE CHURCH and ONE FOLD. All believers should be those of your fold and not just those who follow Pastor Kumuyi.

Bottom line is that anybody who leaves Deeperlife should expect to be slandered, they should also expect to be ostracized while other members are warned to avoid them like a plague. If this is what you guys call Christianity, I say good riddance to bad rubbish.

The deeper life false humility is not humility at all, it is a subtle pride of being the best and most holy church in the land which is PRIDE.
first of all, I went through your wall, I found out that you aren't a believer of the Bible anymore. your unbelief, I guess may be as a result of your inability to stand upright and steadfast in the things of God.

Secondly,

Deeper life people preaches holiness .....
Holiness isn't the worldly people style.....
Many people love the world, therefore....
Many people dislike deeper life Bible Church.

God bless you

1 Like

Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by Nobody: 10:16pm On Dec 26, 2017
BeReaSonAble:
first of all, I went through your wall, I found out that you aren't a believer of the Bible anymore. your unbelief, I guess may be as a result of your inability to stand upright and steadfast in the things of God.

Secondly,

Deeper life people preaches holiness .....
Holiness isn't the worldly people style.....
Many people love the world, therefore....
Many people dislike deeper life Bible Church.

God bless you

Yes , the deeper life mantra holiness by mouth but not in principle.
Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by BeReaSonAble(m): 10:26pm On Dec 26, 2017
frosbel2:

Who doesn't practice, the preacher or the listeners?
If the preacher Kumuyi.... then I give up. but if by the listeners, then maybe they can't stand it anymore. the love of the world won't let many members to stand up right. but the truth remains, many are still standing in holiness.
Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by Nobody: 11:02pm On Dec 26, 2017
Analee:
its was a chat we had on whatsapp,even at dat a person of his calibre,wit church position and a deeperlifer 4 dat mata,lemme say weve met n he saw me dressd lik d world accordn to dem,isnt he suppose to advice or preach to me?so wat is purpose of all d crusade,retreat etc if der is no change,dat y daddy opm alwaz says if church cannot change u,change church.simple!
My sister to be candid with if after what I wrote U still insist on the same thing ur enmity is beyond sentiment and it against the church preaching Holiness, it is obvious and glaring that after it was state to U that he is a human and devil was an archangel with many other angels they fell,using just one person to judge a whole lot of multitude is illogical,irrational and absurd, ask yourself this questions: Does living in a garage for 50years make U a car? U are mentioning daddy opm DAT show U attend church but does that mean U are a Christian? are U a Christian or just a church goer? if U say U are a Christian, is the life of Christ totally in U?. Shalom.

1 Like

Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by Nobody: 11:10pm On Dec 26, 2017
frosbel2:

bro the truth ur own case is beyond reasoning, U are illogical and devour by hate,U just hate the church for preaching Holiness, ur sentiment is just obvious and glaring, ur own is more severe than the Pharisees and the Sadducees, give ur life to Christ and stop barking at the moon

1 Like

Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by ricsman(m): 8:44am On Dec 27, 2017
Never knew I had some fantastic Bible scholars here. thanks profolaolu, BeReaSonAble and UnchangeableGod. it's good to have you guys here.

2 Likes

Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by ricsman(m): 8:55am On Dec 27, 2017
frosbel2:
Your spiritual welfare is our concern as far as you come to our church and do not leave it ever.

Once you leave, you become a Judas and your spiritual welfare is no longer our concern,

What a bunch of hypocrites !!!
Have you read Romans 16:17 and Matthew 18:17 before?
So long as the person who left isn't in line and isn't willing to be in line.

I know people who left and are still in line with the word of God, and I know many more who left just to enjoy the world lifestyle.
Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by Analee(f): 10:24am On Dec 27, 2017
profolaolu:
My sister to be candid with if after what I wrote U still insist on the same thing ur enmity is beyond sentiment and it against the church preaching Holiness, it is obvious and glaring that after it was state to U that he is a human and devil was an archangel with many other angels they fell,using just one person to judge a whole lot of multitude is illogical,irrational and absurd, ask yourself this questions: Does living in a garage for 50years make U a car? U are mentioning daddy opm DAT show U attend church but does that mean U are a Christian? are U a Christian or just a church goer? if U say U are a Christian, is the life of Christ totally in U?. Shalom.
u guyz who preach salvatn,sanctificatn n holiness,do u guyz practice christianity?is d life of christ in U?u members dat can backbite for africa,der no difference btw dem n d northerners attitude wise,pretenders,gossipers,fornicators,person wey u c wen dey drive scrab B4 now d person dey on legisbenz,except 4 a few pst,regionalcordinator,group,n leaders wen try get motor,is dat waz God said?nahim mak if dem try c der member wen manage get,na so dem go dey worship am lik mini-God,daz y daddy opm said if church cannot church u,change church if ds phrase is eatn u up go n hug transfoma,besides learn to remove d log of wood 4m u eyes before lookn at anoda.
Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by Nobody: 10:55am On Dec 27, 2017
ricsman:
Have you read Romans 16:17 and Matthew 18:17 before?
So long as the person who left isn't in line and isn't willing to be in line.

I know people who left and are still in line with the word of God, and I know many more who left just to enjoy the world lifestyle.

You guys are so wrapped up in sin and trying to escape Hell that you have forgotten the real purpose of God. Your religion is a very selfish one, trying to get out of a mythical bogus hell by hypocritically trying to live a HOLY life, instead of living a HOLY life merely for the sake of love for God and mankind without a mythical Hellfire.

God wants us to show mercy to all, to focus on the welfare of our neighbor irrespective of religious affiliation or denomination, to visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction and to keep oneself unspotted from the world. To keep one from unspotted from the world does not mean wearing long faces like the hypocrites, or covering up from head to toe or peaching about sin 24x7. It does not mean adhering to a man-made dress code or abstaining from alcohol or bowing your head down and calling everybody Sir.
Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by ricsman(m): 1:53pm On Dec 27, 2017
frosbel2:

You guys are so wrapped up in sin and trying to escape Hell that you have forgotten the real purpose of God. Your religion is a very selfish one, trying to get out of a mythical bogus hell by hypocritically trying to live a HOLY life, instead of living a HOLY life merely for the sake of love for God and mankind without a mythical Hellfire.

God wants us to show mercy to all, to focus on the welfare of our neighbor irrespective of religious affiliation or denomination, to visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction and to keep oneself unspotted from the world. To keep one from unspotted from the world does not mean wearing long faces like the hypocrites, or covering up from head to toe or peaching about sin 24x7. It does not mean adhering to a man-made dress code or abstaining from alcohol or bowing your head down and calling everybody Sir.

God bless you and help you follow the Bible
Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by Nobody: 2:09pm On Dec 27, 2017
ricsman:
God bless you and help you follow the Bible

thank you
Re: "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church by BeReaSonAble(m): 10:08am On Dec 28, 2017
ricsman:
Never knew I had some fantastic Bible scholars here. thanks profolaolu, BeReaSonAble and UnchangeableGod. it's good to have you guys here.
thanks but me no be DLBC member o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Are People Not Naming Their Daughters “delilah” ? / 92-Yr-Old Stops Her Attacker By Preaching To Him / Romans-11 Vs 25 And 2-Thessalonians 2 Vs 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.