Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,745 members, 7,806,040 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:34 AM

Marriage 101 For Men - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage 101 For Men (575 Views)

Welcome To Communism 101 / The First Lesson Of Marriage 101: There Are No Soul Mates / Parenting 101 : Good Parenting Tips For Your Kids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marriage 101 For Men by Opinedecandid(m): 3:35am On Dec 18, 2017
1. Don't  Wilfully Play the Underdog.
Every man ought to know and acknowledge his position of headship in the home. This consciousness is an important leadership skill that will equip a man to take responsibility for the success and failure of his home.
This alone is what several other roles of a man in a home are anchored on. A man who forfeits that position is jeorparsing his marriage and if 'jack' goes wrong, the man should be blamed.
I'm referring to spiritual, financial, romantic, responsibilities, as well as calling the shorts for the vision, dreams and aspirations for himself, the entire family and other individual members of the family.
Suffice to point out here briefly that this particular role is so vast and versatile. It even includes ability to see, define, explain and consult wisely with and amongst other family members (the wife in particular and the kids sometimes - when it concerns them)
Manhood is not 'machohood', 'six-packs' or 'bosshood', it is responsibility. 

2. Love.
Men, when it comes to marriage there is nothing like
'if I didn't love you, would I have married you'?
'Must I say I love you every day before you know I do'?

Men must express their love for their spouses in words and in deeds, DAILY!
Yet, every randy man won't waste time in signing "I love you" to that 'home-breaker-side-chick' outside.
What's wrong with us, men?
Your wife needs it to respect and value you.

3. Respect, Value and Honour your wife.
My advice to a man is to avoid words and deeds that could bring his wife to disrepute and belittle her.
By the time you succeed in wounding your wife's emotions in the day, at night when you show up like a mad dog looking miserable and helpless, she will naturally not be in the mood, then all hell will be let loosed. Result = your marriage has begun to crack.

4. Husband, you are a living book.
The age and time of "do as I say, don't do as I do" had long passed. Now it is: "if it's that good, easy and simple, then show it".
Be an example to your wife and children in all areas.
If you think sacrifice is good, then be the first to make sacrifices.
If you think being selfless and displeasing oneself to please the partner is a good thing, common, initiate it.‎

5. Be Her Number One.
What I mean by that is simple, make it deliberate that you are your wife's chief friend, confidant, gossip partner and closest pal. With those, there will not be room for rancour, friction and division. Be there for her at all times.

6. Make gratitude your atti‎tude.
Do you know that what you appreciate in words appreciates in value, quality and quantity, and that what you talk down depreciates in value, quality and quantity?
Words are seeds. When you speak them, it's just a matter of time, you shall harvest them and the harvest will be more than the seed.
Appreciate your wife's efforts and deeds , no matter how small. Tell her she is good, hardworking, productive, beautiful. Speak nicely to her and watch as she glows over you. Women are product of deep emotions, use psychology on them and turn back and see the results with you as the beneficiary.
I'm not saying you shouldn't correct, but please, do it in love. Let the admiration always be more than the correction.‎

CONCLUSION‎
I purposely left out points on being faithful and true;‎
I left out paying attention to football (for those fans);
Because, it appears some men can't do without those.
In as much as I am not saying those practices are justifiable, I'm saying you can still have a sweet home despite those.

Marriage is work, a more serious work than earning salary.
As you put in time and energy working at your job for pay, invest time an energy at your marriage.
Must you only be a success at your work and career but a blatant failure at home?
You can succeed at both ends!
Re: Marriage 101 For Men by Nobody: 3:50am On Dec 18, 2017
A union can only work when both parties agree to make it work, because even after these and even more, a bad woman will remain a bad woman.
Re: Marriage 101 For Men by Opinedecandid(m): 3:59am On Dec 18, 2017
iAudio:
A union can only work when both parties agree to make it work, because even after these and even more, a bad woman will remain a bad woman.

Your initial point is valid. For the latter, my reply to that is:
1. What made her a bad woman?
Was she bad before you married her? If yes, didn't you notice she was bad when you guys were courting, you still went ahead to marry her?
(That's a discourse for another day).
2. Some men have married harlots and succeeded, others have married angels and failed.
The difference is in the strengths and capacities you develop.

I repeat, success is smart work.
Re: Marriage 101 For Men by Nobody: 6:30am On Dec 18, 2017
Opinedecandid:

Your initial point is valid. For the latter, my reply to that is:
1. What made her a bad woman?
Was she bad before you married her? If yes, didn't you notice she was bad when you guys were courting, you still went ahead to marry her?
(That's a discourse for another day).
2. Some men have married harlots and succeeded, others have married angels and failed.
The difference is in the strengths and capacities you develop.

I repeat, success is smart work.
Are you married?
Re: Marriage 101 For Men by Opinedecandid(m): 8:36am On Dec 18, 2017
cummando:

Are you married?

Yes, I am.
Been married for over 7years.

(1) (Reply)

I Laugh When I See A Married Man Using Diabolic Girlfriends To Boast / Parents Seek Help In Finding Missing Son (PICTURES) / Best Divorce Letter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.