Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,900 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:36 AM

California Wildfire, Powerful Heroic Funeral Of A Fallen Firefighter (Photos) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / California Wildfire, Powerful Heroic Funeral Of A Fallen Firefighter (Photos) (2068 Views)

Dixie Wildfire Becomes The Largest In California History(Pix) / Russian Wildfire Threatens Nuclear Research Centre (Pictures) / California Wildfire Update: 11 Dead, 35 Missing, The Worst In California History (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

California Wildfire, Powerful Heroic Funeral Of A Fallen Firefighter (Photos) by Explorers(m): 6:39am On Dec 18, 2017
Iverson, 32, was with a five-engine strike team from San Diego when he was killed attempting to quell the third largest blaze California has ever seen

The fire started nearly two weeks ago has burned more than 1,000 structures, including at least 750 homes.

Firefighters paid tribute to fallen firefighter Corey Iverson as his hearse made its way to his home in San Diego.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5189361/Funeral-procession-heroic-firefighter-held-CA.html
Lalasticlala, Mynd44

Re: California Wildfire, Powerful Heroic Funeral Of A Fallen Firefighter (Photos) by Explorers(m): 6:41am On Dec 18, 2017
Los Angeles city firefighters stand in attention and salute the Cal-Fire funeral procession along the 101 freeway of fallen Cal Fire San Diego engineer Cory Iverson Sunday

Re: California Wildfire, Powerful Heroic Funeral Of A Fallen Firefighter (Photos) by fergusen: 6:42am On Dec 18, 2017
Died in active service.
Respect.

3 Likes

Re: California Wildfire, Powerful Heroic Funeral Of A Fallen Firefighter (Photos) by Explorers(m): 6:43am On Dec 18, 2017
A funeral procession led by firefighters and police was attended by people who lined up on freeway over passes to pay their respects to Corey Iverson on Sunday

Re: California Wildfire, Powerful Heroic Funeral Of A Fallen Firefighter (Photos) by abtallest24(m): 6:43am On Dec 18, 2017
see better country that value humans life

7 Likes

Re: California Wildfire, Powerful Heroic Funeral Of A Fallen Firefighter (Photos) by Damibiz(m): 6:45am On Dec 18, 2017
Oyibo will alway remain oyibo,them go make to die self go them hungry person

14 Likes

Re: California Wildfire, Powerful Heroic Funeral Of A Fallen Firefighter (Photos) by Durhleepee(f): 6:45am On Dec 18, 2017
What a selfless service. Rest in peace, Cory Iverson
Re: California Wildfire, Powerful Heroic Funeral Of A Fallen Firefighter (Photos) by alfred007(m): 6:46am On Dec 18, 2017
what a country!

if it's 9ja now, them go just .....

2 Likes

Re: California Wildfire, Powerful Heroic Funeral Of A Fallen Firefighter (Photos) by adadike281(f): 6:46am On Dec 18, 2017
I follow salute am too! better continent! In Nigeria, we get fire service?

4 Likes

Re: California Wildfire, Powerful Heroic Funeral Of A Fallen Firefighter (Photos) by Explorers(m): 6:46am On Dec 18, 2017
Bear Divide Hotshots firefighters watch for the approach of a procession carrying the body of Cory Iverson, 32, a fire engineer for Cal Fire San Diego who died fighting the ThomasFire

Re: California Wildfire, Powerful Heroic Funeral Of A Fallen Firefighter (Photos) by rifasenate11(m): 6:46am On Dec 18, 2017
Just a fire fighter, was given a wonderful honour, we can never find this kind of honour in Nigeria only for the corrupt presidents. Please God what have we don't in Nigeria to be the worst country in the world. please change our leaders mindset with everything possible.

5 Likes

Re: California Wildfire, Powerful Heroic Funeral Of A Fallen Firefighter (Photos) by Explorers(m): 6:48am On Dec 18, 2017
Everything about the fire has been massive, from the sheer scale of destruction that cremated entire neighborhoods to the legions of people attacking it.

About 8,300 firefighters from nearly a dozen states battled the third largest wildfire in state history, aided by 78 bulldozers and29 helicopters.

The cause remains under investigation. So far, firefighting costs have surpassed $117 million.

Re: California Wildfire, Powerful Heroic Funeral Of A Fallen Firefighter (Photos) by Atiku2019: 6:48am On Dec 18, 2017
Woooooooooow
Re: California Wildfire, Powerful Heroic Funeral Of A Fallen Firefighter (Photos) by Explorers(m): 6:50am On Dec 18, 2017
Santa Barbara County Fire Department shows a Bombardier 415 Superscooper making a water drop on hot spots along the hillside east of Gibraltar Road

Flames consume a home on Via Arroyo as a wildfire rages in Ventura, California on Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Re: California Wildfire, Powerful Heroic Funeral Of A Fallen Firefighter (Photos) by rifasenate11(m): 6:54am On Dec 18, 2017
explorers .... please where do you get these wonderful topics that you always post here.
Re: California Wildfire, Powerful Heroic Funeral Of A Fallen Firefighter (Photos) by soberdrunk(m): 6:54am On Dec 18, 2017
It is actions like this that inspire citizens to want to protect and defend their country even if it cost them their life, i am sure when this firefighter's son and other young men see this they will be inspired to become firefighters. Our own hobby is to be celebrating mediocrity, i remember seeing a thread on nairaland hyping one Nigerian female firefighter that am sure hasn't even put of candle before talkless of inferno just because of her looks angry angry angry

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: California Wildfire, Powerful Heroic Funeral Of A Fallen Firefighter (Photos) by Solidkay(m): 6:56am On Dec 18, 2017
E go even hungry you to server your father land
With love and strength and faith, Knowing fully well that your country cares,
Even when you are gone......

2 Likes

Re: California Wildfire, Powerful Heroic Funeral Of A Fallen Firefighter (Photos) by Olive33: 7:00am On Dec 18, 2017
R.I.P to him
Re: California Wildfire, Powerful Heroic Funeral Of A Fallen Firefighter (Photos) by medexico(m): 7:23am On Dec 18, 2017
See as road wide
Re: California Wildfire, Powerful Heroic Funeral Of A Fallen Firefighter (Photos) by AnodaIT(m): 7:25am On Dec 18, 2017
Tell me why someone will not give his full service to his country after seeing as fellow public servant celebrated like this

Not Nigeria that they will abandon the officer to his family

2 Likes

Re: California Wildfire, Powerful Heroic Funeral Of A Fallen Firefighter (Photos) by medexico(m): 7:26am On Dec 18, 2017
We dey enjoy fo Nigeria o.

I just dey imagine if this kind fire start for Nigeria, which fire department go quench am?

People will die like mad and others will be homeless for decades

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: California Wildfire, Powerful Heroic Funeral Of A Fallen Firefighter (Photos) by darkenkach(m): 7:34am On Dec 18, 2017
adadike281:
I follow salute am too! better continent! In Nigeria, we get fire service?

Yes, we get fire Service.
Re: California Wildfire, Powerful Heroic Funeral Of A Fallen Firefighter (Photos) by darkenkach(m): 7:36am On Dec 18, 2017
rifasenate11:
explorers .... please where do you get these wonderful topics that you always post here.

Don't you follow the news?

1 Like

Re: California Wildfire, Powerful Heroic Funeral Of A Fallen Firefighter (Photos) by Zanas: 9:48am On Dec 18, 2017
Who don die don die. The man is gone, he can't see, know or enjoy all these things u're doing for him now
Re: California Wildfire, Powerful Heroic Funeral Of A Fallen Firefighter (Photos) by CaptainBUGGY: 11:10am On Dec 18, 2017
AnodaIT:
Tell me why someone will not give his full service to his country after seeing as fellow public servant celebrated like this

Not Nigeria that they will abandon the officer to his family
imagine ,even here on nairaland u will see them making fun of dead servicemen, saying they were paid for it.......... It is soo sad,very very sad

5 Likes

Re: California Wildfire, Powerful Heroic Funeral Of A Fallen Firefighter (Photos) by DemonHunTER: 12:17pm On Dec 18, 2017
Respect.
The way the Whites value their citizens is PRICELESS.
sometimes, I just wish I'm not BLACK. but I'm here for a reason.

1 Like

Re: California Wildfire, Powerful Heroic Funeral Of A Fallen Firefighter (Photos) by MicNz(m): 3:13pm On Dec 18, 2017
DemonHunTER:
Respect.

The way the Whites value their citizens is PRICELESS.

sometimes, I just wish I'm not BLACK. but I'm here for a reason.

Which reason?

1 Like

Re: California Wildfire, Powerful Heroic Funeral Of A Fallen Firefighter (Photos) by Nobody: 3:35pm On Dec 18, 2017
Zanas:
Who don die don die. The man is gone, he can't see, know or enjoy all these things u're doing for him now

At least the people saw and felt it and he was given what's due to him, which is......RESPECT!

1 Like

Re: California Wildfire, Powerful Heroic Funeral Of A Fallen Firefighter (Photos) by Funjosh(m): 3:40pm On Dec 18, 2017
Tell me why I won't give my all working in an environment like this lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: California Wildfire, Powerful Heroic Funeral Of A Fallen Firefighter (Photos) by DemonHunTER: 4:38pm On Dec 18, 2017
MicNz:

Which reason?

To become your PRESIDENT.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: California Wildfire, Powerful Heroic Funeral Of A Fallen Firefighter (Photos) by Nobody: 4:51pm On Dec 18, 2017
soberdrunk:
It is actions like this that inspire citizens to want to protect and defend their country even if it cost them their life, i am sure when this firefighter's son and other young men see this they will be inspired to become firefighters. Our own hobby is to be celebrating mediocrity, i remember seeing a thread on nairaland hyping one Nigerian female firefighter that am sure hasn't even put of candle before talkless of inferno just because of her looks angry angry angry
It's this kinda statements that discourage citizens that wants to protect and defend their country not to defend.
Re: California Wildfire, Powerful Heroic Funeral Of A Fallen Firefighter (Photos) by armyofone(m): 8:00pm On Dec 18, 2017
Dreaming of the day Lagos Ibadan express way will look like that beautiful freeway Explorer posted.

Rest well firefighter.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Republicans Push To Legalize First Cousin's Sex / Chinese Colony In Africa / Western Europeans Vs Eastern Europeans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.