Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,330 members, 7,780,856 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:50 AM

OPINION: Why Nigerian Entertainers Should Not Be Emulated - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / OPINION: Why Nigerian Entertainers Should Not Be Emulated (475 Views)

Nigerian Entertainers: Stoking The Flame Of Immorality / Ned Nwoko Hosts Coalition Of Nigerian Entertainers To Lunch / Maryam Charles: Nigerian entertainers are too broke for me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

OPINION: Why Nigerian Entertainers Should Not Be Emulated by olutund(m): 7:20am On Dec 18, 2017
Earlier in the day, I asked a fresher in my department what his dream career is, having heard him complain how hard it is to be famous and meaningful studying BSC Biology.

“I crave to do music” he said. “I will record some songs, have 2 girls from baby mamas at age 23 and 25, then face my music career squarely”. Feeling more ecstatic than sceptical.

This is another celebrity in the making. How do you identify them?
By the number of children they have out of wedlock, by the number of failed marriages they’ve been through. Sad
It is time we recognise that Nigerian entertainers are doing enough to threaten societal customs and practices.
While their dedication to career can me celebrated and accomplishments emulated, my young people should know that their habits should not be imitated.

2, 3 children from different partners and he or she loves the good life? These things usually don’t end well.
Hard things are hard to do and that is what makes a Role Model. Imitate a lifestyle you will be proud of, If not be yourself and you will be better off.

Confused on how to disapprove of his insane line of aspiration, I asked him if he really wants to be that. He said yes. Your core values are misplaced, I said to him and left.

Your celeb says, though to himself. “If only you know my private life, you will not wish”. You say, smiling to yourself, “I wish I was him, I will like to know that kind of life”.
Like an endemic, this goes on and on. He decides to swim silently with his problems and dance with achievements. Later to advice you and I. Either way, an advice lets us know we could live better.

There are some in that career of yours, travelling the road less travelled by. Find them, imitate them. They might not be the most popular but sometimes, the road less travelled by is less travelled for a reason.

Re: OPINION: Why Nigerian Entertainers Should Not Be Emulated by Jackson042: 7:54am On Dec 18, 2017
Hmmm...
The points you gave self...
I don't understand again...

Do you think that it's only celebrities who have children out of wedlock?
Is it only celebrities who have baby mamas?

Also, not every celebrity has baby mamas... there are still celebrities who are married with kids... it's all about CHOICE.

What about Omotola Jalade Ekeinde? Does she have a baby daddy? NO! She was even listed amoung the most influential people in Africa. So, is she a role model?

Okay, who do you want people to emulate?
Is it the politicians?
Is the Nigerian police force?
Is it the pastors?
Who ever it is, they all have their good & bad...

Like i said, it's all about CHOICE. You can choose to emulate the good aspects of a Nigerian entertainer... or you can choose to emulate the bad...
Re: OPINION: Why Nigerian Entertainers Should Not Be Emulated by olutund(m): 1:29pm On Dec 18, 2017
Jackson042:
Hmmm...
The points you gave self...
I don't understand again...

Do you think that it's only celebrities who have children out of wedlock?
Is it only celebrities who have baby mamas?

Also, not every celebrity has baby mamas... there are still celebrities who are married with kids... it's all about CHOICE.

What about Omotola Jalade Ekeinde? Does she have a baby daddy? NO! She was even listed amoung the most influential people in Africa. So, is she a role model?

Okay, who do you want people to emulate?
Is it the politicians?
Is the Nigerian police force?
Is it the pastors?
Who ever it is, they all have their good & bad...

Like i said, it's all about CHOICE. You can choose to emulate the good aspects of a Nigerian entertainer... or you can choose to emulate the bad...

A lot of young Nigerian entertainers think these habits as something that has to occur at some point in their career..
Re: OPINION: Why Nigerian Entertainers Should Not Be Emulated by InvestorAJ: 9:02pm On Dec 18, 2017
Fynestboi ,mynd44....I think Naija youths need to read this
Re: OPINION: Why Nigerian Entertainers Should Not Be Emulated by phlemzee(m): 9:19pm On Dec 18, 2017
z

(1) (Reply)

Finally! Davido Publicly Apologizes To Dele Momodu As They End Their Beef (photo / Sound Of Music Actress, Heather Menzies-urich, Dies @ 68 / I Begged Wizkid & Davido To Reconcile” – Paul Okoye Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.