Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,148 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:47 AM

Change Of Career - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Change Of Career (364 Views)

Six(6) Stages Of Career Development For Civil Engineering Graduates In Nigeria / Factors That Can Affect Your Choice Of Career / Welcome To The Hub Of Career Talk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Change Of Career by babajeje123(m): 12:14pm On Dec 18, 2017
Please, I need professional advice.

I've been in teaching profession for 10 years but I want to call it a quit in 2018. The reason for this decision is apart from the fact that the remuneration is not encouraging, it is not also challenging-it doesn't stretch me as I desire.

I had first degree in Computer Engineering and I will be rounding up my masters in Information Technology next year. I have almost equal affinity for some IT aspects but I know I need to specialize. My interest are in Programming (I've learned C, Python and java. I found java most difficult and interesting), Networking and Web Development (I really don't like this save for quick money its knowledge can give) and database (I like sql).

Please, I need professionals in these fields to help me highlight the benefits and challenges of each of them and also, what I need to do to attain their zenith of whichever one I settle for.

(1) (Reply)

Things Successful Women Never Do / Job Vacancy: Financial Accountant Needed In A Leading Hotel In Ikoyi, Lagos / Job Vacancy: Diesel Technicians Massively Needed To Work In A Refinery In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.