Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,597 members, 7,801,721 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:05 PM

Lagos Real Sector Investments Moving To Ogun State - Investment (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Lagos Real Sector Investments Moving To Ogun State (19397 Views)

Breaking News: Don’t Invest In Lagos Real Estate Until You See This. / Invest In Lagos Real Estate / Savings Vs. Investments: Which Is Better? Any Difference? - Topwritersden (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Real Sector Investments Moving To Ogun State by Ihatepork: 8:55pm On Dec 18, 2017
okway:

That's in Ogun? shocked shocked shocked

I sha hope it doesn't slow down development.

Religions disable African development. undecided

I hope so too. i don't even care about the churches, but the effect they would have on the communities nearby. the pictures i saw looked impressive

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Real Sector Investments Moving To Ogun State by okway: 8:57pm On Dec 18, 2017
Ihatepork:

I hope so too. i don't even care about the churches, but the effect they would have on real estate in the state. the pictures i saw looked impressive

Just thinking of the early morning noise and sound systems. grrrr

Ogun should outlaw noise disturbance like Lagos is trying to do.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Real Sector Investments Moving To Ogun State by DarkLover: 9:05pm On Dec 18, 2017
You guys tribalism instincts are amazing, y'all really gotta calm down with this Igbo vs Yoruba thing, this beautiful thread is filled with much hatred kai!!

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Real Sector Investments Moving To Ogun State by Belmot(m): 9:14pm On Dec 18, 2017
DarkLover:
You guys tribalism instincts are amazing, y'all really gotta come down on this Igbo vs Yoruba thing, this beautiful thread is filled with much hatred kai!!
Please don't forget to shut the door on your way out. See your mouth like tribalism.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Real Sector Investments Moving To Ogun State by Guestlander: 9:18pm On Dec 18, 2017
sarrki:
Know rivalry

Its all omoluabis

The sure banker is ocean and sea can't be moved to ogun

With good rail system not even Kano is too far from the sea, much less Ogun.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Real Sector Investments Moving To Ogun State by kettykin: 9:21pm On Dec 18, 2017
Let all the factories , industries , businesses etc move to Ogun state i dont care , as long as the East produce the best brains that run the world and africa .
Re: Lagos Real Sector Investments Moving To Ogun State by okway: 9:24pm On Dec 18, 2017
kettykin:
Let all the factories , industries , businesses etc move to Ogun state i dont care , as long as the East produce the best brains that run the world and africa .

Please run your region first. embarassed
Because at the end of the day, people like Iweala are simply employees.

23 Likes

Re: Lagos Real Sector Investments Moving To Ogun State by Guestlander: 9:25pm On Dec 18, 2017
kettykin:

You need Universities and research institutions and in this regard, the SW too is forging ahead. It takes too much energy to hate, and the SE needs to shed this excess weight.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Real Sector Investments Moving To Ogun State by okway: 9:25pm On Dec 18, 2017
Belmot:
Please don't forget to shut the door on your out. See your mouth like tribalism.

Boss mi grin

8 Likes

Re: Lagos Real Sector Investments Moving To Ogun State by kettykin: 9:28pm On Dec 18, 2017
okway:

Please run your region first. embarassed
Because at the end of the day, people like Iweala are simply employees.

I am one of the investors in Ogun , i have some landed property in Ogun , so i dont loose sleep when i read such information , i understand the yoruba media and their hype . I am one of the few people who have travelled Nigeria end to end , visiting all the 36 states. so let all the companies go to ogun for all i care if Ogun or south west wants to secede no one will bat an eyelid but when people hear biafra the whole world shake
Re: Lagos Real Sector Investments Moving To Ogun State by Belmot(m): 9:28pm On Dec 18, 2017
okway:

Boss mi grin
O bere mi lati jo yi
Re: Lagos Real Sector Investments Moving To Ogun State by kettykin: 9:30pm On Dec 18, 2017
Guestlander:

You need Universities and research institutions and in this regard, the SW too is forging ahead. It takes too much energy to hate, and the SE needs to shed this excess weight.

Really ! , is there any university in Nigeria ?
Re: Lagos Real Sector Investments Moving To Ogun State by Guestlander: 9:31pm On Dec 18, 2017
kettykin:

I am one of the investors in Ogun , i have some landed property in Ogun , so i dont loose sleep when i read such information , i understand the yoruba media and their hype . I am one of the few people who have travelled Nigeria end to end , visiting all the 36 states. so let all the companies go to ogun for all i care if Ogun or south west wants to secede no one will bat an eyelid but when people hear biafra the whole world shake

Of course. The whole world shook when they saw biafran fighters doing some amphibious manoeuvres in a shallow pool of water.

22 Likes

Re: Lagos Real Sector Investments Moving To Ogun State by Guestlander: 9:33pm On Dec 18, 2017
kettykin:

Really ! , is there any university in Nigeria ?

In my honest opinion we have a long way to go but still the SW is still doing better than the rest.

8 Likes

Re: Lagos Real Sector Investments Moving To Ogun State by kettykin: 9:33pm On Dec 18, 2017
Guestlander:

Of course. The whole world shook when they saw biafran fighters doing some amphibious manoeuvres in a shallow pool of water.

like i said i have travelled Nigeria , when i see the joke happening in Ogun state in the name of development and compare it with what is happening in a place like New Owerri, Abakaliki ,Nnewi i laugh and go to sleep.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Real Sector Investments Moving To Ogun State by ProWalker: 9:34pm On Dec 18, 2017
kettykin:

like i said i have travelled Nigeria , when i see the joke happening in Ogun state in the name and compare it with what is happening in a place like New Owerri, Abakaliki , i laugh and go to sleep.

You well at all ? grin

24 Likes

Re: Lagos Real Sector Investments Moving To Ogun State by Guestlander: 9:36pm On Dec 18, 2017
kettykin:

like i said i have travelled Nigeria , when i see the joke happening in Ogun state in the name and compare it with what is happening in a place like New Owerri, Abakaliki , i laugh and go to sleep.

Now you are talking and you are entitled to your views even if they are wrong.
Re: Lagos Real Sector Investments Moving To Ogun State by okway: 9:37pm On Dec 18, 2017
kettykin:

Will you keep kwayet?! bleeped up people.
"No one goes to the SW but Lagos"
"What is in Ogun?"
"Ogun is a ritualist den"

Now... "I'm an investor in Ogun".

Ibo investors in Ogun? I didn't know fanyogo bikes are movin to Ogun too grin

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Real Sector Investments Moving To Ogun State by Ereolamide: 9:39pm On Dec 18, 2017
kettykin:

like i said i have travelled Nigeria , when i see the joke happening in Ogun state in the name of development and compare it with what is happening in a place like New Owerri, Abakaliki , i laugh and go to sleep.
Tell any of your loved ones nearest to you to take you to a psychiatric hospital for mental evaluation, you really need it mate.

16 Likes

Re: Lagos Real Sector Investments Moving To Ogun State by okway: 9:40pm On Dec 18, 2017
Belmot:
O bere mi lati jo yi

Rara o. Ko se beyen nau.

Mo ba awon iyawo e meteta nile. embarassed

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Real Sector Investments Moving To Ogun State by Anambra1stSon(m): 9:40pm On Dec 18, 2017
Ihatepork:

I hope so too. i don't even care about the churches, but the effect they would have on the communities nearby. the pictures i saw looked impressive

I pity gullible minds from southwest

http://saharareporters.com/2017/01/25/ogun-assembly-amosun-war-over-governors-desire-borrow-n65b

Ogun Assembly, Amosun At War Over Governor's Desire To Borrow N65b

It immediately became clear to the lawmakers that the loan for which approval was being sought would be used as a war chest for the 2019 general elections.

The relationship between Mr. Ibikunle Amosun, governor of Ogun State, and the state legislature has become badly fractured over the refusal of the House to approve the governor’s request to borrow a N65 billion loan.

Legislative sources told SaharaReporters on Wednesday that the Speaker of the Ogun State House of Assembly, Mr. Suraj Adekunbi, had, on Sunday, sent a text message inviting the legislators to a meeting with the governor at 2 PM on Monday.

The text message urged the lawmakers to be punctual in their arrival for the meeting because the issues for discussion were very crucial. It, however, failed to give a specific agenda for the meeting.

But as the legislators found out the meeting, which lasted from 2PM to 6PM at the governor’s office in Abeokuta, there was only one agenda: A fresh request for a N65 billion loan, for which he needs the approval of the House.

With the knowledge that Mr. Amosun recently accessed a bailout of about N20 billion from the federal government, the request for an approval to borrow again came to the legislators as a shock, which was clearly conveyed to the governor.

Sources at the meeting said Mr. Amosun invented a variety of pretexts in a bid to persuade the legislators to approve his request. While speaking, the governor unknowingly gave the game away. Multiple sources at the meeting told SaharaReporters that Mr. Amosun said if he gets the loan and completes the projects he started, which are at various stages of abandonment, “all the people running around that they want to be governor will run away."

It immediately became clear to the lawmakers that the loan for which approval was being sought would be used as a war chest for the 2019 general elections.

Opposition members in the House were said to have immediately registered their disapproval of the use for which the loan is to be put as well as Mr. Amosun’s treatment of members of the House.

A legislator was said to have gotten up and, in no roundabout way, told the governor that he has been selfish. The lawmaker, said a source, told Mr. Amosun that he has been taking care of his own interests, while neglecting the welfare of the House members.

Also in attendance at the meeting was Mr. Tolu Odebiyi, Chief of Staff to the governor, who is being widely touted as Mr. Amosun’s anointed successor. He was said to have kept quiet, as the legislators rounded on his boss. Even when asked if he had anything to say, said sources, Mr. Odebiyi shook his head to indicate that he did not want to speak.

Angered by Monday’s events, the lawmakers, on Tuesday, shunned the House session despite being persuaded by the Speaker to sit. Later on Tuesday, sources disclosed to SaharaReporters, the Speaker informed his colleagues that Mr. Amosun had sent N1 million to each member. This was, however, rejected, as the legislators told the Speaker that they wanted N5 million each.

“Before he was given the bailout, he promised us N10 million naira each. We believed him because it was during Ramadan and he was fasting, but he did not keep to his word. He brought one million naira for each of us. We can never trust him again,” one of the lawmakers confided in SaharaReporters.

The lawmaker also disclosed that Mr. Amosun was behind the campaign against the N100 billion bond that his predecessor, Mr. Gbenga Daniel, attempted, without success, to obtain. The legislator said the governor is looking worse than his predecessor in his debt wish for the state.

He equally disclosed that Mr. Amosun presented the loan he is seeking as counterpart funding for a project, saying it implies that he may obtain as much as N650 billion in loans.

Under the current Speaker, the House has approved for Mr. Amosun a variety of loans. These included N25 billion from First Bank, N15 billion from Guaranty Trust Bank, another N7.5 billion from Guaranty Trust Bank, N40 billion from Prada Marcedo, a Brazilian financial institution, N2 billion from the Bank of Agriculture, N1 billion naira from Federal Mortgage Bank, N20 billion in bailout funds and N50 billion from the capital market.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Real Sector Investments Moving To Ogun State by kettykin: 9:41pm On Dec 18, 2017
Guestlander:

Now you are talking and you are entitled to your views even if they are wrong.

I am not about to dampen your enthusiasm , but when they mentioned Mowe, Ibafo axis as some of the places where businesses are moving , i asked my self where on earth will they get electricity to power the businesses , please let us tell ourselves some home truths .

The same power issues hiiting businesses all around Nigeria is in Lagos and Ogun too , unless it is business like fish pond and block moulding.
Re: Lagos Real Sector Investments Moving To Ogun State by okway: 9:42pm On Dec 18, 2017
What has the state government borrowing money got to do with private investment and businesses moving to Ogun state?

Even Lagos state borrows money.

Even the USA borrows money from China cheesy cheesy

13 Likes

Re: Lagos Real Sector Investments Moving To Ogun State by Ihatepork: 9:43pm On Dec 18, 2017
Ereolamide:

Tell any of your loved ones nearest to you to take you to a psychiatric hospital for mental evaluation, you really need it mate.

grin grin cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Lagos Real Sector Investments Moving To Ogun State by Ereolamide: 9:43pm On Dec 18, 2017
post=63405392:

I pity gullible minds from southwest

[/b]
The most indebted nation in the world is America, tell us something different that'll let us know you're not a retard.

15 Likes

Re: Lagos Real Sector Investments Moving To Ogun State by okway: 9:44pm On Dec 18, 2017
Ereolamide:

The most indebted nation in the world is America, tell us something different that'll let us know you're not a retard.

Some of these Ipob touts are gullible, I swear. cheesy

10 Likes

Re: Lagos Real Sector Investments Moving To Ogun State by ODVanguard: 9:44pm On Dec 18, 2017
okway:

Will you keep kwayet?! bleeped up people.
"No one goes to the SW but Lagos"
"What is in Ogun?"
"Ogun is a ritualist den"

Now... "I'm an investor in Ogun".

Ibo investors in Ogun? I didn't know fanyogo bikes are movin to Ogun too grin

Lol. Na their way. That particular punk you quoted is the grand master flatron hypocrite. All of a sudden he's an 'investor in Ogun'. lol. The same rabid biafran yoruba-hating loafer who preaches about igbos investing in igboland is now 'an investor' in Ogun. Smh. Did I not say earlier that they will soon change their narrative from 'developing' Lagos to Ogun? Very predictable bunch of jokers they are. The whole lot of them.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Real Sector Investments Moving To Ogun State by Ihatepork: 9:44pm On Dec 18, 2017
post=63405392:

I swear I ain't reading that nonsense bro . next please grin grin cheesy

10 Likes

Re: Lagos Real Sector Investments Moving To Ogun State by okway: 9:46pm On Dec 18, 2017
kettykin:

I am not about to dampen your enthusiasm , but when they mentioned Mowe, Ibafo axis as some of the places where businesses are moving , i asked my self where on earth will they get electricity to power the businesses , please let us tell ourselves some home truths .

The same power issues hiiting businesses all around Nigeria is in Lagos and Ogun too , unless it is business like fish pond and block moulding.

What a joke you are.

You claim that Lagos and Ogun, like the rest of Nigeria, are dealing with electricity issues.

Yet Lagos and Ogun businesses are still finding ways to sustain their businesses.

11 Likes

Re: Lagos Real Sector Investments Moving To Ogun State by Guestlander: 9:47pm On Dec 18, 2017
kettykin:

The power supply issue is not an unsolvable problem. Eventually it will be fixed. I'm sure you didn't put your own money in Ogun with the hope of losing it.

10 Likes

Re: Lagos Real Sector Investments Moving To Ogun State by okway: 9:47pm On Dec 18, 2017
ODVanguard:

Lol. Na their way. That particular punk you quoted is the grand master flatron hypocrite. All of a sudden he's an 'investor in Ogun'. lol. The same rabid biafran yoruba-hating loafer who preaches about igbos investing in igboland is now 'an investor' in Ogun. Smh. Did I not say earlier that they will soon change their narrative from 'developing' Lagos to Ogun? Very predictable bunch of jokers they are. The whole lot of them.

lol Igbos are making themselves in joke in Nigeria. cheesy

One begins to wonder how every region except for Iboland has a land that attracts investors and large businesses.

11 Likes

Re: Lagos Real Sector Investments Moving To Ogun State by kettykin: 9:49pm On Dec 18, 2017
Ereolamide:

The earlier you people woke up and told your self some home truth the better for you and everyone , there is nothing worthwhile going on in Ogun except businesses that could not survive hyper inflation , suffocating Federal policies deciding to take the last option of relocating to ogun rather than close shop.

Very soon the AGM of most companies will start by then i promise you yorubas will become real wailers.

Have you bothered to find out how healthy are companies like First Nation, Oando, Connoil ,AP etc forget the media hypes and shares manipulations and ask insiders who should know better.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Multistream TM LTD: JINJA Herbal Extracts / Fashola Wants Nigerian Stock Exchange Renamed After Lagos / Which Nigerian Stocks Have You Bought Or Sold?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.