Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,634 members, 7,801,828 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:57 AM

Nigeria Today - Who Is To Blame? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Today - Who Is To Blame? (521 Views)

Xenophobia: ‘Act Now Or Have Yourself To Blame', Minister Tells S’African Govt / Who Is The Highest Ranking Military Officer In Nigeria Today? / Sanusi: Zamfara Started Sharia In Nigeria, Today It Has The Highest Poverty Rate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Today - Who Is To Blame? by KvotheLamora(m): 8:23pm On Dec 18, 2017
Well, we look at our great nation today and to be honest, it's not a pretty sight we see. We see herdsmen clashing with farmers, we see secessionists, we see extremists, we see abject poverty, we see crime, we see lack of power and infrastructure, lack of basic amenities, unemployment, and a very low standard of living. In short, a country in recession. This bleak image is made even worse if one takes the time to reflect, to who we were, to what we were. To the groundnut pyramids and cotton plantations of the north, to the palm and cocoa plantations of the south, to the fruits, the bliss, the beautiful nation we once were, and all before we even found our potential biggest blessing or our potential deadliest curse; crude oil. And so one wonders, where did we go Wrong? Who is to Blame? What caused a country with such wealth and potential to fall so Far? How did we become poorer by becoming Richer? What happened to our Efforts? To our Lands? To our prosperity? Oh I know the answer we're all fond Of! Corruption! Our "leaders" took us to ground. They sunk us this low. And that is usually enough of an answer and an end to lamentation. However, what does that truly Mean? And how is it that it inspires such acceptance in the average Nigerian? I mean, is it not democracy that is practiced Here? Is that not by definition, a government by the people, to and for the People? In more modern terms and usage, a system of government in which the citizens exercise power directly or elect representatives from among themselves to form a governing body. So if that's the case, we, the citizens, are also the government, we are the leaders, for we elected the leaders to represent us from amongst us. All they do is with our permission, both express through voting, and implied through NOT voting. You see the truth is we have no one but ourselves to blame. For too long we've sat quiet, and allowed the drum of the day to beat. Too long have the servants been the masters, too long have we sat and allowed ineptitude to fail us. Why? Because the smart, the honest, the ones with true visions and plans that could make us better are most often too quiet, while the wicked and the vile, the ones with looting and abuse of power in their minds are too often loud and clear for all to hear. So yes, those of us who are smart, who are capable, who are sincere, search your heart and accept your guilt. You are guilty of remaining quiet, of not standing your ground, of not correcting the wrong, of not facing the senseless noise and countering it with meaningful conversation. You are guilty of failing us. To the rest of us, we are guilty, of not giving the true and virtuous a voice, of not listening when they attempt to speak, of not standing by them as they attempt to fight back the wicked, the bullys who would use us and our children for the weeks or months leading to elections and then throw us like the worthless pile of easily manipulated people we've proven to be time and time again, of holding on to ethnicity, to minor and meaningless grudges and turning our backs to the ones who could make us great. We are guilty of dancing to the drums of the inept few who hit the hardest. We are all to blame. And as things stand, we will continue being in the jess we are until we learn. There are signs...positive signs, I refer to the time Nigerians stood as 1 nation and rejected the #5000 naira note, to the initial rejection of the removal of subsidy on PMS, to the 2015 elections. Positive signs that maybe we are learning, maybe there is yet some hope, some light in the dark. I hope we are. I am already seeing some promising candidates for the houses, people that are contesting based on merit, and not funds, young people with new dreams. I hope to see them win, and try their hands and strengths in governance. I hope we do what is right. I pray we don't revert to what is easy. All of us must remember, If you cannot lead, then you MUST follow.
Re: Nigeria Today - Who Is To Blame? by Emyogalanya: 9:21pm On Dec 18, 2017
ITS THE IGBO JUST GIVE THEM BIAFRA AND ALL NIGERIA PROBLEMS WILL VANISH. AS LONG AS YOU KEEP THEM AGAINST THIER WILL GOD WILL NEVER SPARE NIGERIA
Re: Nigeria Today - Who Is To Blame? by KvotheLamora(m): 9:29pm On Dec 18, 2017
Emyogalanya:
ITS THE IGBO JUST GIVE THEM BIAFRA AND ALL NIGERIA PROBLEMS WILL VANISH. AS LONG AS YOU KEEP THEM AGAINST THIER WILL GOD WILL NEVER SPARE NIGERIA

I'm too old to believe in fantasy stories sir. There's no on and off switch for our problems, we work hard and we'll overcome them, if we don't, we will suffer...together grin cheesy
Re: Nigeria Today - Who Is To Blame? by Emyogalanya: 9:34pm On Dec 18, 2017
KvotheLamora:

I'm too old to believe in fantasy stories sir. There's no on and off switch for our problems, we work hard and we'll overcome them, if we don't, we will suffer...together grin cheesy
COMPARE AND CONTRAST WITH YOUR TOPIC. YOU ASKED WHO IS TO BLAME AND G TOLD YOU. IN YOUR WORKIN HARD PLEASE WORK HARD TO REMOVE IGBO FROM NIGERIA.
Re: Nigeria Today - Who Is To Blame? by Nobody: 9:53pm On Dec 18, 2017
The problem is the YOUTHS with their stinking mindsets.

Majority of the youths in Nigeria just want what to eat and nothing else.
They will collect money and kill themselves for the old politicians. They are so lazy that they can do anything to make money irrespective of the outcome.
May God help us.
Though some are good but the ignorant majority are overwhelming

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Today - Who Is To Blame? by chivic(m): 12:09am On Dec 19, 2017
Our forefathers. They were to tribalistic

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Today - Who Is To Blame? by olawalepopoola: 3:53am On Dec 19, 2017
Nigerians are to be blame. Most of us are lazy.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Today - Who Is To Blame? by chomchom1(f): 3:59am On Dec 19, 2017
Buharinand his followers.. Especially sarki., ngeneukwu , python1 and other frustrated Zoo cool
Re: Nigeria Today - Who Is To Blame? by 2cato: 4:01am On Dec 19, 2017
Split the country into 4 and see each progressing at a faster rate. Nigeria is too large and underdevelop for one clown to rule
Re: Nigeria Today - Who Is To Blame? by Osucoward: 4:03am On Dec 19, 2017
Youths

- the ones that support political figures
- emotionally get conned by political figures
- wants quick money no hard work
- has no vision
- complacent with current development
- lazy

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

why are some states not always in d news / Gabriel Suswam Condemns Fulani Herdsmen Attacks, Calls For Deployment Of Troops / Military Deserves Our Prayers, Support, Says Dickson

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.