Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,855 members, 7,806,416 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:09 PM

Lake Rice: Lagos Signs Pact With Distributors - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Lake Rice: Lagos Signs Pact With Distributors (10687 Views)

Jabi Lake Mall Temporarily Closed / Dangote Cement Signs Pact With GE To Digitise Plants / Lake Rice: Lagos Signs Agreement With Major Rice Distributors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lake Rice: Lagos Signs Pact With Distributors by Lakeshizu(m): 10:03am On Dec 19, 2017
finest0007:
Not sure if they have improved the quality but this rice is so short!!! The grains are almost all divided into 2 or 3 pieces. Still eating it. They need to increase standard
baba finest...... u don reach here grin grin grin grin
Re: Lake Rice: Lagos Signs Pact With Distributors by tunlade02: 10:05am On Dec 19, 2017
This is the real stomach infrastructure programe and not the sharing of cups of rice as done by some clueless governors.
Re: Lake Rice: Lagos Signs Pact With Distributors by anonimi: 10:08am On Dec 19, 2017
Osucoward:

I agree!
Question is, how can the SW enter and dominate the food producer market?

Lesser owambe to have more savings for investment in agro-allied industries and research would be a good start, don't you think

Adieza:
With cousins like these it is hard for me to get out of bed some days to get to the work of helping my people. I just wonder where it all went wrong.

If you know any of these cousins please tell them we are still trying to raise some money for some of our lost cousins in Libya.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=307378006434981&id=158338594672257

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6425565_img20171217wa0052_jpeg7e490f1b16bbf4dd0ffb58c34998ec0c

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4207170_fbimg1469018943096_jpeg2e87af2b28b00dc62a4dbf71ba6f4cf7

2 Likes

Re: Lake Rice: Lagos Signs Pact With Distributors by 36STATES: 10:10am On Dec 19, 2017
All these rice that come out during christmas and sallah are to me all imported rice.

Why is the rice not in the market? Is this a charity rice?
If this is a true agro business as I thought,
with market forces taken into account; why are they not making available for everyone to buy in the market?

All these state government rice is just a propaganda.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Lake Rice: Lagos Signs Pact With Distributors by anonimi: 10:19am On Dec 19, 2017
tunlade02:
This is the real stomach infrastructure programe and not the sharing of cups of rice as done by some clueless governors.

Clueless governors like the ones below

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2218872_ajimogarri_jpeg9601dffb925f812dfb5b7bbdd25fef06

[img]http://favourafolabi.files./2014/07/aregbe-rice2.jpg?w=1008[/img]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4289869_akara_jpege7e4b152d5c64a630a074eac0d55acc4

1 Like

Re: Lake Rice: Lagos Signs Pact With Distributors by ibkgab001: 10:20am On Dec 19, 2017
Pavore9:
Kebbi is to produce, Lagos is to sell... nice combo!

Nope. kebbi got the Holdings of land while Lagos got the capital and the material plus both sides work force and security from both states and some private partnership firm

2 Likes

Re: Lake Rice: Lagos Signs Pact With Distributors by anonimi: 10:20am On Dec 19, 2017
36STATES:
All these rice that come out during christmas and sallah are to me all imported rice.
Why is the rice not in the market? Is this a charity rice?
If this is a true agro business as I thought,
with market forces taken into account; why are they not making available for everyone to buy in the market?
All these state government rice is just a propaganda.

Very possible with the All Poverty Congress, APC.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3356469_screenshot20160131120000_jpeg639beaec46d4ced684f639998a489af2

1 Like

Re: Lake Rice: Lagos Signs Pact With Distributors by 36STATES: 10:21am On Dec 19, 2017
Okoyeeboz:

Igbos are dependent on the north for food. The only thing consumed in the East which is produced in Igbo land is palm oil and the vegetables eaten there. Every other thing, the North supplies.

That's why during the civil war, when the north stopped supplying, kwashiokor took over the Biafra side.

Unfortunately, the present set of Igbos are more interested in playing to the gallery than actual results. Look at Obiano and his Fifty shades of folly. Inexistent rice and ugwu exports to nowhere.

Why does your rice only come out during christmas? That should tell you it's all propaganda. Go and investigate the Ogun state rice pyramid we we were shown last week. Abakliliki and Akaeze rice are not your Ofada rice that only exist in packages. Where are the rice fields as we see in proper rice producing states like the north and SE? Go to youtube and search for Ofada rice and you will be disappointed; then search for Abakiliki rice or Anambra rice, or Kebi rice or Sokoto rice and tell us what you saw.
Re: Lake Rice: Lagos Signs Pact With Distributors by Nicklutz(m): 10:23am On Dec 19, 2017
Felt like I was eating grass, the first time I ate it but I'm getting used to the taste now. I have to wash it like five times to reduce the taste and smell.
Re: Lake Rice: Lagos Signs Pact With Distributors by mapet: 10:34am On Dec 19, 2017
Okoyeeboz:

Igbos are dependent on the north for food. The only thing consumed in the East which is produced in Igbo land is palm oil and the vegetables eaten there. Every other thing, the North supplies.

That's why during the civil war, when the north stopped supplying, kwashiokor took over the Biafra side.

Unfortunately, the present set of Igbos are more interested in playing to the gallery than actual results. Look at Obiano and his Fifty shades of folly. Inexistent rice and ugwu exports to nowhere.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Woked Man!!!!
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Lake Rice: Lagos Signs Pact With Distributors by engrkaz(m): 10:34am On Dec 19, 2017
Ehiscotch:

Not just agriculture, sir. But Agriculture goes a longer way in alleviating the grief and easing the pangs of inflation. If the people can afford cheaper food then it would mitigate the on going tensions.

Besides, not every state is as geographically blessed as Ogun state to benefit from its proximity to Lagos. Then again, some states might be agro based and it can be enough.

I also believe it is relatively cheaper and it creates employment too.
Ogun is notorious for bad roads..
Re: Lake Rice: Lagos Signs Pact With Distributors by twinskenny(m): 10:49am On Dec 19, 2017
finest0007:
Not sure if they have improved the quality but this rice is so short!!! The grains are almost all divided into 2 or 3 pieces. Still eating it. They need to increase standard

How did you get it?
Re: Lake Rice: Lagos Signs Pact With Distributors by Angelb4: 11:31am On Dec 19, 2017
Osucoward:

Lagos needs to partner with rice farms in Ogun/Ekiti too to keep the growth in the SW cool

Ekiti ke? Lagos don't partner with ponmo and ogoro governors. Mention better state sir.
Re: Lake Rice: Lagos Signs Pact With Distributors by semitunde: 12:24pm On Dec 19, 2017
finest0007:

No. Lake Rice. This very same one in the picture. Hope they've increased standard

The one I bought didn't have short grain. Not as long as the American long grain but not far from it. It swells well too. The only. Minus might be the aroma, it's quite different from the rice I'm used to.

1 Like

Re: Lake Rice: Lagos Signs Pact With Distributors by OYAY(m): 12:25pm On Dec 19, 2017
This LAKE rice that usually surface during festive period hen! Hope its availability will be permanent this time around?
Re: Lake Rice: Lagos Signs Pact With Distributors by finest0007(m): 12:33pm On Dec 19, 2017
Lakeshizu:
baba finest...... u don reach here grin grin grin grin

Agro agro wink cheesy
Re: Lake Rice: Lagos Signs Pact With Distributors by finest0007(m): 12:36pm On Dec 19, 2017
twinskenny:

How did you get it?

My mum got at Eti osa LGA Secretariat around july
Re: Lake Rice: Lagos Signs Pact With Distributors by seguntijan(m): 12:41pm On Dec 19, 2017
There was a time people insult Muslims for keeping beard, there was a time people insult Muslims for wearing trousers above ankle, look around you we now have "beard-gang" and " short trouser wearing peeps "carrot" everywhere. This same hijab, you all will wear it in the name of fashion.
Re: Lake Rice: Lagos Signs Pact With Distributors by apalemighty01(m): 3:23pm On Dec 19, 2017
Osucoward:

Lagos needs to partner with rice farms in Ogun/Ekiti too to keep the growth in the SW cool

PLS note that Lagos isn't doing kebbi a favour by buying from dem. so buying from Ekiti and Ogun won't lower Kebbi's supply. PLUS if it were cheap in those states, Lagos wouldn't go as far as kebbi, just to get their raw material
Re: Lake Rice: Lagos Signs Pact With Distributors by Fourwinds: 5:19pm On Dec 19, 2017
Osucoward:

And I tell you again, Ogun has always been proximal to Lagos. Proximity is a factor, not the factor.
nonsense...go and read about factors of production

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Business You Can Start With 10k, 20k , 30k , 40k And 50k! / Sea & Air Cargo Shipping Service Nigeria Import Or Export? Yes We Can Help / GTBank Customers Can Now Make Deposit Through ATM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.