Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,151 members, 7,807,501 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:18 PM

Why We Love Nigerian Boarding Schools - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why We Love Nigerian Boarding Schools (4858 Views)

Boarding Schools And Lesbianism / Share The Crazy Funny Things That Happened While In Boarding School / Who Used to Go to Those Boarding Schools? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Love Nigerian Boarding Schools by ldollier(f): 4:26pm On Jan 06, 2006
lol wow some ppl actually liked boarding school

cry i wish i can say the same
Re: Why We Love Nigerian Boarding Schools by Rolly: 9:40pm On Jan 06, 2006
@ dolls,

wanna talk about it?

@ hotstepper, we used to sing another version in my school

Anywhere we go here, Junior girls
         Anywhere we go here, junior girls
         Seniors leave us alone
         Seniors leave us alone
         I dont want to die yet, i wanna spend my chirstmas
        oh senoirs, senoirs
        For the mercy of God
      stop giving us
      bucket, bucket, bucket to fill    
stop giving us
    cooler, cooler, cooler to wash 
      stop telling us
    follow me, follow me, follow me,
   Senior, Senior, Senior
Re: Why We Love Nigerian Boarding Schools by Z4M4eva(f): 9:43pm On Jan 06, 2006
Anywhere we go here, Junior girls
         Anywhere we go here, junior girls
         Seniors leave us alone
         Seniors leave us alone
         I don't want to die yet, i want to spend my chirstmas
        oh senoirs, senoirs
         For the mercy of God
        stop giving us
        bucket, bucket, bucket to fill     
        stop giving us
       cooler, cooler, cooler to wash 
       stop telling us
       follow me, follow me, follow me,
      Senior, Senior, Senior

L.O.L...this sure made me LMFAO! cheesy
Re: Why We Love Nigerian Boarding Schools by Rolly: 9:46pm On Jan 06, 2006
cheesy
Re: Why We Love Nigerian Boarding Schools by ldollier(f): 2:57am On Jan 07, 2006
@rolly babe

i just entered boarding school at a very young age(cool. i guess thats why i disliked it so much
Re: Why We Love Nigerian Boarding Schools by Rolly: 7:07am On Jan 07, 2006
@ dolls,

i feel ur pain. i entered when i was 9 yrs old and it was really tough, the insults, the senoirs u know now, but i survived and i think know u can too if u r still there wink take care girl.

1 LOVE kiss kiss
Re: Why We Love Nigerian Boarding Schools by ldollier(f): 3:55pm On Jan 07, 2006
Rolly:

@ dolls,

i feel your pain. i entered when i was 9 years old and it was really tough, the insults, the senoirs

another reason why i disliked it

Rolly:

but i survived and i think know u can too [sub]if you're still there wink

hahaha i left after one year(thanks to the lottery)

if it wasn't for that(lottery) and i were to stay to my senior year i bet i would have enjoyed it.

so rolly babe you enjoyed it, thats vewie vewie nice wink
Re: Why We Love Nigerian Boarding Schools by Rolly: 3:10am On Jan 09, 2006
Dolls, i'm sure u would have wink

it was soooo much fun! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why We Love Nigerian Boarding Schools by Missworld(f): 6:27am On Jan 11, 2006
I entered when I was 11 it was so fun from day one but I got bullied many times though. That's typical of school life. I enjoyed it and I miss it so much.
Re: Why We Love Nigerian Boarding Schools by ldollier(f): 6:06pm On Jan 11, 2006
Rolly:

Dolls, i'm sure u would have wink

it was soooo much fun! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

rolly babe cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why We Love Nigerian Boarding Schools by Rolly: 12:46am On Jan 12, 2006
Dolls! dolls! Dolls! kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Why We Love Nigerian Boarding Schools by cande(f): 1:39pm On Feb 08, 2006
i love the fact that teachers were never allowed to hit me. And students (girls) were always jealous of me. the food was lovely. but i couldn't stand the nigerian weather i had to come back home. (England)
Re: Why We Love Nigerian Boarding Schools by Rolly: 3:56pm On Feb 08, 2006
girl u missed o! big time! big time!!
Re: Why We Love Nigerian Boarding Schools by monie0078(f): 2:42am On Feb 23, 2006
Oh my gosh, you guys have me reminicing over here!!! Wow! Those were definitely awesome years in my life! How about 'lights out?', and cooking noodles with 'boiling rings', sending the juniors to go 'fetch water', social night, assembly hall, singing songs from 'songs of praise', singing the school song on the assembly ground, buying cutlasses and hoes to take to school with you for 'labor', yeah, school was fun! So here's to Lagos State Model College Igbonla, Epe,

ldollier:

cheesy wow some people actually liked boarding school

cry i wish i can say the same

Truthfully, it wasn't fun at first, but you get used to all the punishments, labor, and crap. You actually start to look forward to going back every term. I have to say though, that my first year was my absolute worst. I got used to it really quick though. I wouldn't take it back for NOTHING!!
Re: Why We Love Nigerian Boarding Schools by gigitte(f): 8:11am On Mar 13, 2006
lol i hated the f*ck out of pap and akara men, not because of the pap and akara itself, but b/c on saturdays they would mop the d-hall and it would be smelling eight different kinds of funky, and this mixed with the smell of pap and akara, hmm, i used to stab saturday breakfast like mad!

i miss my school so much, we've been thru so much sh*t, but we are stronger and closer b/c of that, i might actually go bk that there to teach chemistry when i graduate lol, jst because i know i can do it and i can convince other friends to do it too.

bullying wasnt a huge deal, it varied from house to house, the boys were defn worse off, food wasnt fine dining but i know it was better than almost all other schools lol, we couldnt have provisions, which is why to this day i dont eat when im hungry lol, and we had no school mother, school father ish, that is just iffy abeg

but alas, the prefects didnt really have any power
Re: Why We Love Nigerian Boarding Schools by Rolly: 4:56pm On Mar 24, 2006
wow! what school was that?

my school, IJ was da bomb!!!! of course it was bad at first but as we grew, it got better. meeeennnn!!!! i miss those days!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why We Love Nigerian Boarding Schools by gigitte(f): 10:49pm On Mar 25, 2006
the one the only,  loyola jesuit college

ad majorem dei gloria
Re: Why We Love Nigerian Boarding Schools by mamaput(f): 10:54am On Mar 26, 2006
I miss that small loof of bread the used to bring .
Sometimes the bread will still be hot then i will buy two open them with my hand and put blueband in them.
Thats all i miss.
That sunday rice too they took extra care to cook it.
Re: Why We Love Nigerian Boarding Schools by Rolly: 7:33pm On Mar 27, 2006
the jollof rice in my school was colured rice but it was always sweet wink the sunday morning pap and akara wasnt that bad but as big girl, i didnt go for it, i'd rather stay in dorm soak noodles or cornflakes
Re: Why We Love Nigerian Boarding Schools by gem87(f): 1:52am On Apr 07, 2006
those were the best days of my life more fun no worries
from schl mother, daughter to sister
being a prefect and commanding
the teachers
seniors
social gatherings
handing over of posts
the gross food they served
the environment
jumpin the school fence to attend parties, lol
infact everything
Re: Why We Love Nigerian Boarding Schools by GL(f): 1:37am On Apr 09, 2006
Boarding school was GREAT!!!

I attended 2 boarding schools. Left the first one after the first year - JSS1, and finished up the remaining 5 years in the second. I was 10 years when I first went to the boarding house, but wasn't matured at all. Wasn't even taking my bath myself then. However, my sister was in JSS 3 and the school was only up to SS 1 then, so she took care of me (at least for the first few weeks). I really wanted to go to Queens College or any govt. college because I "wanted to teach seniors a lesson", that didn't work though. I always tried to stand up to seniors and got into trouble a lot. My sister was always getting into fights to get me out of trouble. We fought some times too. The housemistress had to tell my mom to separate us so we could learn. We both left the school eventually.

Then I went to another boarding house. This was a new school so I was a senior here. I got into lots of trouble with teachers and spent a lot of time avoiding trouble and teachers. Had a lot of friends and I'm still in contact with a lot of them.

Food wasn't great in any of the two schools, and exam time was always stressfull. I remember taking contrabands when I got into the senior secondary, and sneaking out of the hostel at night to wash clothes. Always trying not to get caught.

Boarding school WAS an adventure. I'm so glad I attended a boarding school. I'd come home on holidays then and have a lot of stories to tell. My sister who by this time was a day student never had as much experiences in school. I remember I'd complain about the food, teachers etc. and my parents would want to remove me from the school but I wouldn't want to leave.
Re: Why We Love Nigerian Boarding Schools by Hotstepper(f): 1:58am On Apr 09, 2006
ah, boarding school is indeed great tongue
Re: Why We Love Nigerian Boarding Schools by misslady(f): 4:10am On Apr 14, 2006
question: are boarding school associated more with richer families?
Re: Why We Love Nigerian Boarding Schools by gigitte(f): 6:32am On Apr 14, 2006
nah, boarding schools are like a naija thing i guess. this is not to say that day schools are not plentiful lol
Re: Why We Love Nigerian Boarding Schools by Rolly: 3:17pm On Apr 19, 2006
misslady:

question: are boarding school associated more with richer families?

of course not!!! i mean if u are rich u'll go to Atlantic hall, or one of those posh schools not a boarding school. but i'm extremely glad i went to one. because i learnt a lot of things that are useful to me today. cheesy
Re: Why We Love Nigerian Boarding Schools by gigitte(f): 10:21pm On Apr 19, 2006
i disagree with that statement rolly, atlantic hall also has a boarding house, a lot of posh schools are also boarding schools or at least a mixture
exceptions are places like
lekki british
AIS
british international
whitesands
and these schools lack the space to have dorms that is why
lagoon, tho they will probably have boarders at their permanent location
also a-hall will be all boarding at epe, its permanent location
Re: Why We Love Nigerian Boarding Schools by Rolly: 4:19pm On Apr 20, 2006
oh ok. cheesy
Re: Why We Love Nigerian Boarding Schools by GL(f): 4:10am On Apr 22, 2006
it's a matter of preference on the part of the parents and/or child. in my case, i really wanted to go to a boarding school. even when my sister and i left the first, i went to another boarding school and she went to a day school.
Re: Why We Love Nigerian Boarding Schools by angelu(f): 12:36am On Apr 24, 2006
u guys are talkin about ya past experiences , me am still in boardin skool, and the way u guys are talkin about it is like if it was one golden moment of ur lyfe. omo, sha maybe it is becos of the skool u went to. in my boardin skool we are the first set, the xperiment set. we are somewhat guineapigs(i rebuke it 4 myself) but am makin an illusion here. they test stuff on us. Once they gave us macarooni and beans mashed together the macarooni was over soft and the beans was somethin else. with in that era when food was garbage nobody eva ate and the dump was always full with the rubbish they said was food. but thank God they realised that thing cud kill so they stopped poisonin us,
Re: Why We Love Nigerian Boarding Schools by gigitte(f): 4:53am On Apr 24, 2006
lol do you go to cherryfield or is it cherrywood
Re: Why We Love Nigerian Boarding Schools by gigitte(f): 4:54am On Apr 24, 2006
but how can they give you macaroni and beans?
Re: Why We Love Nigerian Boarding Schools by Rolly: 4:01pm On Apr 24, 2006
thats naaaaassssttttyyyyy!!!!!! ewwwwww!!!!

Ee ya! soory o! dont worry u'll look back on it and laugh wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is This Body Beside The Sun Called / Naija Which Way?: See The Alert A Corp Member Got From Enugu State Govt. / Registration In Progress: Tuition Free University In Norway, Finland Sweeden

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.