Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,832 members, 7,798,802 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:34 AM

Closed : Shallow Atheists As Usual Failed Woefully To Destroy These Challenges - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Closed : Shallow Atheists As Usual Failed Woefully To Destroy These Challenges (32623 Views)

David Kingleo Elijah: Going To China To 'Destroy Coronavirus' – Nigerian Prophet / Global Study: Atheists In Massive Decline, Only 1.8% Of World Population By 2020 / Shallow And Irrational Atheist Exposed Yet Again For His Strawman Arguments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Closed : Shallow Atheists As Usual Failed Woefully To Destroy These Challenges by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:14pm On Dec 21, 2017
budaatum:

ScienceWatch, Finland Votes To Protect Children From Christianity would be an example of what we were talking about.

The post is a satire . I know many atheists are not educated enough to understand what a satire means .

This is from someone's whose signature reads 'First rule of a Nigerian Atheist - Thou shalt verify thy facts!'

And failed woefully to verify facts

Pathetic

Joke's on you man BIG TIME

cc : felixomor , butterflyl1on , Sciencewatch et al

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Closed : Shallow Atheists As Usual Failed Woefully To Destroy These Challenges by budaatum: 12:12am On Dec 22, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

The post is a satire . I know many atheists are not educated enough to understand what a satire means .

This is from someone's whose signature reads 'First rule of a Nigerian Atheist - Thou shalt verify thy facts!'

And failed woefully to verify facts

Pathetic

Joke's on you man BIG TIME

cc : felixomor , butterflyl1on , Sciencewatch et al
See what I mean ScienceWatch? People might think it were true and lose respect for one.

Do kindly explain it to KEB if you would.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Closed : Shallow Atheists As Usual Failed Woefully To Destroy These Challenges by budaatum: 12:15am On Dec 22, 2017
As for you KEB, I don't believe you missed my entire conversation with ScienceWatch. I really do not believe you did!

1 Like

Re: Closed : Shallow Atheists As Usual Failed Woefully To Destroy These Challenges by dalaman: 2:52am On Dec 22, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Its dalaman and his clowning antics at their best . You shouldn't be surprised . He interpretes the scriptures his own way and then wants you to agree with him . Till now he has not told us what this evil is and what makes it evil . That's how shameless empty he is grin

A verse clearly says God repented for evil he had done, you refuse to accept it and said it means punishment. So tell me what offence did they people commit that they were for from the verse. You haven't told me what offence they commited and why they were punished. Very empty and hopelessly shameless you are.
Re: Closed : Shallow Atheists As Usual Failed Woefully To Destroy These Challenges by sonofthunder: 7:19am On Dec 22, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Its dalaman and his clowning antics at their best . You shouldn't be surprised . He interpretes the scriptures his own way and then wants you to agree with him . Till now he has not told us what this evil is and what makes it evil . That's how shameless empty he is grin
its obvious that he has chosen to lie to himself... the truth is never to harm us, its for our freedom and liberation. anytime we hide behind a lie we cage/chain ourselves and that is what atheist are good at doing, subjecting themselves to bondage.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Closed : Shallow Atheists As Usual Failed Woefully To Destroy These Challenges by sonofthunder: 7:25am On Dec 22, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
How come the money is reducing?
re-read the op and you'll understand better

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Closed : Shallow Atheists As Usual Failed Woefully To Destroy These Challenges by sonofthunder: 7:34am On Dec 22, 2017
dalaman:

A verse clearly says Gof repented for evil he had done, you refuse to accept it and said it means punishment. So tell me what offence did they people commit that they were for from the verse. You haven't told me what offence they commited and why they were punished. Very empty and hopelessly shameless you are.
have you cleared the air as regards his question? because I believe if you have he should be more than happy to address yours.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Closed : Shallow Atheists As Usual Failed Woefully To Destroy These Challenges by dalaman: 7:37am On Dec 22, 2017
sonofthunder:

have you cleared the air as regards his question? because I believe if you have he should be more than happy to address yours.

I have, the verse only talks about God repenting and committing evil. The verse doesn't mention the evil commited. He should tell me the offence that was commited from the verse since he insist the verse is talking about punishment. What offence was God punishing them for according to the verse?
Re: Closed : Shallow Atheists As Usual Failed Woefully To Destroy These Challenges by JackBizzle: 7:39am On Dec 22, 2017
Dalaman has a lot of time to waste with repetitive arguments
Re: Closed : Shallow Atheists As Usual Failed Woefully To Destroy These Challenges by sonofthunder: 7:59am On Dec 22, 2017
dalaman:

I have, the verse only talks about God repenting and committing evil. The verse doesn't mention the evil commited. He should tell me the offence that was commited from the verse since he insist the verse is talking about punishment. What offence was God punishing them for according to the verse?
before you jump on, you should know that some words (in some places they were used) have changed in meaning or now have multiple meanings from between the time of translation and today that we read them. And if you check your Bible the word evil is one of such. that said I believe KEB has also addressed you in one of his posts (unless I'm wrong)

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Closed : Shallow Atheists As Usual Failed Woefully To Destroy These Challenges by Nobody: 8:01am On Dec 22, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Says who ? Is this an objective or a subjective stance ? Is there a consensus to 'there's no evidence of god' ? Let's have a discussion . Anyone who is interested in winning the cash prize knows what to do .

Well, there is strong evidence that Jesus was a real man, but there's actually none of a "God" in Heaven.
If you think there is, please let me know. I'd really like to hear it (no sarcasm intended)
I am not interested in the prize or the challenge because if I turned the tables and offered 10 times your amount to anyone who could prove that God exists...I'd also be walking back home with my cash intact, you know this.

I personally believe, that no one can prove the existence or non-existence of God. The "Facts" we know could always be wrong.
And he's either there or he's not- as long as no one has seen a God in Heaven or an empty heaven (or afterlife), I don't see why anyone should feel so sure of an answer. Still, It's either yes or no. 50-50.
I'm definitely interested in a discussion, tho. I have the time lol. I just don't know if you would be fine with it on your thread... would you?

I don't think you are actually open-minded about this, I don't mean to offend you please- I'm just letting you know what I think after reading some things on this thread. I read some of your replies, you think Christians and theists are the smartest people on earth? I beg to differ. I wonder how dumb you think I am undecided

Please, also let me know if you're actually christian or just a deist.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Closed : Shallow Atheists As Usual Failed Woefully To Destroy These Challenges by dalaman: 8:04am On Dec 22, 2017
sonofthunder:

before you jump on, you should know that some words (in some places they were used) have changed in meaning or now have multiple meanings from between the time of translation and today that we read them. And if you check your Bible the word evil is one of such. that said I believe KEB has also addressed you in one of his posts (unless I'm wrong)

So even your God can not preserve his words and their true meanings.

KEB did not address any of my questions.
Re: Closed : Shallow Atheists As Usual Failed Woefully To Destroy These Challenges by dalaman: 8:06am On Dec 22, 2017
3nim:

Well, there is strong evidence that Jesus was a real man, but there's actually none of a "God" in Heaven.

What are the strong evidence to show that Jesus was a real man?
Re: Closed : Shallow Atheists As Usual Failed Woefully To Destroy These Challenges by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:39am On Dec 22, 2017
dalaman:

Many evidence especially outside the bible that Jesus existed from non-Christian sources

https://www.bethinking.org/jesus/ancient-evidence-for-jesus-from-non-christian-sources

I remember liking a tweet that contained so many non-Christian sources of Christ's existence from different people (it was a long list ) but Twitter won't let me get past December 5 on my liked tweets. Don't worry I'll bring it for you when I bump into it. Manage this one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Closed : Shallow Atheists As Usual Failed Woefully To Destroy These Challenges by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:54am On Dec 22, 2017
dalaman:

A verse clearly says God repented for evil he had done, you refuse to accept it and said it means punishment. So tell me what offence did they people commit that they were for from the verse. You haven't told me what offence they commited and why they were punished. Very empty and hopelessly shameless you are.

A very clear verse in the bible shows Jesus saying that his enemies who would not let him reign over them should be brought and killed before him

Luke 19:27
27 But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.

Tell me the difference between you and Sam Harris in this video undecided

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENtlW-LEqu8

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Closed : Shallow Atheists As Usual Failed Woefully To Destroy These Challenges by Nobody: 8:59am On Dec 22, 2017
dalaman:

Jesus and his crucifixion were both referred to in certain historical texts, not bible books.... but of course, with much less divinity. Even the "resurrection" (actually, just where people claimed they had seen a risen Yeshua, Jesus, Christ) was written about in some historical texts. In addition, his name appears in the Quran a good number of times.

Well, the evidence could only be as strong as how much you trust what we now have as history texts. Try to be strict with your judgement. There were no cameras back then, so all we have to know anything about those times are scrolls, historical texts...they tell the stories. So if you decide to trust that they could hold true information, like I do, then you'd think a lot about Jesus being mentioned in so many of these texts.
The only thing now is that they could have all been made-up stories or folktales. Unfortunately, I can't explain how I really don't think so many people could have made serious texts( since not everyone could write then) of made-up stories. I mean Scrolls should have been for the more important things, I believe.

I know it would sound intelligent if I made some actual references or citations for you... sorry.
Look up the jewish Josephus, and roman Tacitus. They were writers who actually "mentioned" christ. Also the Quran.

Christ most likely did exist and Christianity probably didn't spread so much because of him, but because of the people who either really did believe in him or who wanted to use the belief of other people in him to maintain power and control over others.

If you were very annoyed by how the Bible makes Jesus seem so divine and all, you might just end up being biased and not wanting to believe that the non-biblical referencing to Jesus could be true in any way.
Re: Closed : Shallow Atheists As Usual Failed Woefully To Destroy These Challenges by Ranchhoddas: 9:10am On Dec 22, 2017
sonofthunder:

re-read the op and you'll understand better
What is the point of reducing the money when he clearly has no intent of giving it to anyone?

Would you participate in a game if you are the referee?
Re: Closed : Shallow Atheists As Usual Failed Woefully To Destroy These Challenges by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:16am On Dec 22, 2017
3nim:

Well, there is strong evidence that Jesus was a real man, but there's actually none of a "God" in Heaven.If you think there is, please let me know. I'd really like to hear it (no sarcasm intended)

We don't have empirical evidence that Jesus exists as God in Heaven but we have good reasons from the bible and his life on earth to conclude that Jesus is indeed God in Heaven .

I am not interested in the prize or the challenge because if I turned the tables and offered 10 times your amount to anyone who could prove that God exists...I'd also be walking back home with my cash intact, you know this.

A clear term in the contest says that if I can't refute any reason , argument or evidence of God's existence then the cash prize would be awarded to the interlocutor who presents it .

I can bring evidence , reason and tenable arguments to support the existence of God which I know you can't refute (no one has ever refuted them though ) and win your cash . Should we try it smiley

I personally believe, that no one can prove the existence or non-existence of God. The "Facts" we know could always be wrong.

Well its your personal belief and I respect that .

And he's either there or he's not- as long as no one has seen a God in Heaven or an empty heaven (or afterlife), I don't see why anyone should feel so sure of an answer. Still, It's either yes or no. 50-50.
I'm definitely interested in a discussion, tho. I have the time lol. I just don't know if you would be fine with it on your thread... would you?

Well the relationship with Christ is a personal one . Some have witnessed many encounters with a Christophany (the appearance of Christ ), so they can say based on their experience that Christ is indeed alive .

I don't think you are actually open-minded about this, I don't mean to offend you please- I'm just letting you know what I think after reading some things on this thread.

If I were close-minded , I wont have been willing to put the challenge up to talk of doling out cash to anyone who wins it

I read some of your replies, you think Christians and theists are the smartest people on earth? I beg to differ. I wonder how dumb you think I am undecided

See dear , I deal with facts , raw facts . Not farce . Looking at history and the present theists have always been the smartest and with the best contributions to the progress of mankind . I can go on and on and on with the names of the greatest minds who were theists and the present ones who have extremely high IQs . Its all been theists .

There are intelligent atheists but they are very few and sometimes intelligent people have silly and idiotic beliefs .

Please, also let me know if you're actually christian or just a deist.

Who do you say I am ?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Closed : Shallow Atheists As Usual Failed Woefully To Destroy These Challenges by ScienceWatch: 9:38am On Dec 22, 2017
budaatum:
As for you KEB, I don't believe you missed my entire conversation with ScienceWatch. I really do not believe you did!
What is going on BudaAtum? Sir, give it a break. The world is watching the deliberate derailment of this ground breaking thread, gifted freely to sane mankind and its future offspring.

Let's not loose sight of the true spirit of Kingebukasblog's liberating challenge. His superior character is what restrains him from using his AK47 to eliminate the destructive Data terrorists here.

Let us us calm down then sign-up to take up the challenge to explode the hatred, to puncture the jugular vein of deep seated ignorance and let it bleed, let it bleed.

Yes Sir, sign-up and let it bleed. Let the blood of TRUTH flow through the network's of the world.

Atheist presidents are now beheaded, Burak Obama, Jacob Zuma, Robert Mugabe and more.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Closed : Shallow Atheists As Usual Failed Woefully To Destroy These Challenges by dalaman: 9:45am On Dec 22, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

A very clear verse in the bible shows Jesus saying that his enemies who would not let him reign over them should be brought and killed before him

Luke 19:27
27 But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.

Tell me the difference between you and Sam Harris in this video undecided

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENtlW-LEqu8

Oga, you said punishment is the true explanation. What offence did they commit according to the verse?
Re: Closed : Shallow Atheists As Usual Failed Woefully To Destroy These Challenges by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:53am On Dec 22, 2017
dalaman:

Oga, you said punishment is the true explanation. What offence did they commit according to the verse?

D-man , I'm waiting for you to admit that your accusation is false and baseless just like Sam Harris' simply because of Luke 19:27

I have Duke's Annotated Bible here with me which outlined their sins and reasons for punishments as seen across so many other verses in Jeremiah . The humiliation won't be sweet unless you admit that you are wrong to base your claims on that verse and ask humbly (very humbly ) to show you the reason for their punishment which was now withdrawn .

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Closed : Shallow Atheists As Usual Failed Woefully To Destroy These Challenges by ScienceWatch: 9:56am On Dec 22, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
What is the point of reducing the money when he clearly has no intent of giving it to anyone?

Would you participate in a game if you are the referee?
A referee is a vital participant in any game. Do you think a Tea lady is not a vital participant in business? When the mind is diseased according to the "Alleged" 22 yr clinical study on Atheists, that mind easily discriminates, hates and is fearful of challenges.

Now, when one applies experiential learning to this thread that Allegation has a resounding ring of TRUTH, hey.
Re: Closed : Shallow Atheists As Usual Failed Woefully To Destroy These Challenges by dalaman: 10:02am On Dec 22, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Many evidence especially outside the bible that Jesus existed from non-Christian sources

https://www.bethinking.org/jesus/ancient-evidence-for-jesus-from-non-christian-sources

I remember liking a tweet that contained so many non-Christian sources of Christ's existence from different people (it was a long list ) but Twitter won't let me get past December 5 on my liked tweets. Don't worry I'll bring it for you when I bump into it. Manage this one

These are not good evidence in my opinion. They are poor evidence.
Re: Closed : Shallow Atheists As Usual Failed Woefully To Destroy These Challenges by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:09am On Dec 22, 2017
dalaman:

These are not good evidence in my opinion. They are poor evidence.

Appeal to personal incredulity

Because you dont think they are good evidence , does not make them poor evidence .

The fact remains that these are evidences of Christ' existence from non- Christian sources , there are so so many more sir . I wish I could find that tweet , its paining me right now angry

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Closed : Shallow Atheists As Usual Failed Woefully To Destroy These Challenges by dalaman: 10:10am On Dec 22, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

D-man , I'm waiting for you to admit that your accusation is false and baseless just like Sam Harris' simply because of Luke 19:27

I have Duke's Annotated Bible here with me which outlined their sins and reasons for punishments as seen across so many other verses in Jeremiah . The humiliation won't be sweet unless you admit that you are wrong to base your claims on that verse and ask humbly (very humbly ) to show you the reason for their punishment which was now withdrawn .

Oga if your like have the pope's Annotated bible, just tell me what offence they commited that lead to rhe punishment according to the verse.
Re: Closed : Shallow Atheists As Usual Failed Woefully To Destroy These Challenges by dalaman: 10:14am On Dec 22, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Appeal to personal incredulity

Because you dont think they are good evidence , does not make them poor evidence .

The fact remains that these are evidences of Christ' existence from non- Christian sources , there are so so many more sir . I wish I could find that tweet , its paining me right now angry

We can agree that some of them are evidence outside the bible to show that a man named Jesus existed but they are not good evidence. The babylonian Talmud has been shown by some Rabbis that is it not the Jesus of the bible because it was written before Jesus was even born.
Re: Closed : Shallow Atheists As Usual Failed Woefully To Destroy These Challenges by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:17am On Dec 22, 2017
dalaman:

Oga if your like have the pope's Annotated bible, just tell me what offence they commited that lead to rhe punishment according to the verse.

D-man , first admit you are wrong . I cant be wasting my time . Admit you are wrong , you won't die undecided After admitting then I'll either take a photo of the page or type the content and post it there .
Re: Closed : Shallow Atheists As Usual Failed Woefully To Destroy These Challenges by dalaman: 10:20am On Dec 22, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

D-man , first admit you are wrong . I cant be wasting my time . Admit you are wrong , you won't die undecided After admitting then I'll either take a photo of the page or type the content and post it there .

Admit am wrong by reading a verse as it should be read?

Hope this is not one of your "the verse should be read figuratively " stunt.
Re: Closed : Shallow Atheists As Usual Failed Woefully To Destroy These Challenges by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:23am On Dec 22, 2017
dalaman:

We can agree that some of them are evidence outside the bible to show that a man named Jesus existed but they are not good evidence

Who is 'we'? undecided Its obviously what you tell yourself grin grin

The babylonian Talmud has been shown by some Rabbis that is it not the Jesus of the bible because it was written before Jesus was even born.

Lies

Also there are other non-Christian sources listed and the bible was also referenced to show the similarity as it was done here with the Babylonian Talmud

Here's an excerpt from the article :

Evidence from the Babylonian Talmud

There are only a few clear references to Jesus in the Babylonian Talmud, a collection of Jewish rabbinical writings compiled between approximately A.D. 70-500. Given this time frame, it is naturally supposed that earlier references to Jesus are more likely to be historically reliable than later ones. In the case of the Talmud, the earliest period of compilation occurred between A.D. 70-200.[20] The most significant reference to Jesus from this period states:

On the eve of the Passover Yeshu was hanged. For forty days before the execution took place, a herald ... cried, "He is going forth to be stoned because he has practiced sorcery and enticed Israel to apostasy."[21]

Let's examine this passage. You may have noticed that it refers to someone named "Yeshu." So why do we think this is Jesus? Actually, "Yeshu" (or "Yeshua"wink is how Jesus' name is pronounced in Hebrew. But what does the passage mean by saying that Jesus "was hanged"? Doesn't the New Testament say he was crucified? Indeed it does. But the term "hanged" can function as a synonym for "crucified." For instance, Galatians 3:13 declares that Christ was "hanged", and Luke 23:39 applies this term to the criminals who were crucified with Jesus.[22] So the Talmud declares that Jesus was crucified on the eve of Passover. But what of the cry of the herald that Jesus was to be stoned? This may simply indicate what the Jewish leaders were planning to do.[23] If so, Roman involvement changed their plans! [24]

The passage also tells us why Jesus was crucified. It claims He practiced sorcery and enticed Israel to apostasy! Since this accusation comes from a rather hostile source, we should not be too surprised if Jesus is described somewhat differently than in the New Testament. But if we make allowances for this, what might such charges imply about Jesus?

Interestingly, both accusations have close parallels in the canonical gospels. For instance, the charge of sorcery is similar to the Pharisees' accusation that Jesus cast out demons "by Beelzebul the ruler of the demons."[25] But notice this: such a charge actually tends to confirm the New Testament claim that Jesus performed miraculous feats. Apparently Jesus' miracles were too well attested to deny. The only alternative was to ascribe them to sorcery! Likewise, the charge of enticing Israel to apostasy parallels Luke's account of the Jewish leaders who accused Jesus of misleading the nation with his teaching.[26] Such a charge tends to corroborate the New Testament record of Jesus' powerful teaching ministry. Thus, if read carefully, this passage from the Talmud confirms much of our knowledge about Jesus from the New Testament.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Closed : Shallow Atheists As Usual Failed Woefully To Destroy These Challenges by Ranchhoddas: 10:24am On Dec 22, 2017
ScienceWatch:
A referee is a vital participant in any game. Do you think a Tea lady is not a vital participant in business? When the mind is diseased according to the "Alleged" 22 yr clinical study on Atheists, that mind easily discriminates, hates and is fearful of challenges.

Now, when one applies experiential learning to this thread that Allegation has a resounding ring of TRUTH, hey.
This robot.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Closed : Shallow Atheists As Usual Failed Woefully To Destroy These Challenges by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:25am On Dec 22, 2017
dalaman:

Admit am wrong by reading a verse as it should be read?

Then Sam Harris was right about Luke 19: 27 undecided . Are you kidding me right now undecided

Hope this is not one of your "the verse should be read figuratively " stunt.

I just told you that their sins can be traced in other verses in the book of Jeremiah . Haven't you read the bible before ?? undecided

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Closed : Shallow Atheists As Usual Failed Woefully To Destroy These Challenges by ScienceWatch: 10:26am On Dec 22, 2017
budaatum:

See what I mean ScienceWatch? People might think it were true and lose respect for one.

Do kindly explain it to KEB if you would.
Mmmmm, The King makes sense. SATIRE !!!! Ok I could explain like this to Kingebukasblog without derailing his world changing topic.

King, I will get back to you on this.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (21) (Reply)

Pastor Precious Iginla Wife, Blessing Makes U-Turn Over Abusive Marriage (Video) / Paul Adefarasin; His Saul Analogy And The Response / Oyedepo: "Nigerian Youths Have The Right!", Endorses EndSARS Protests

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.