Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,966 members, 7,806,800 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:44 AM

Can I Use Academic IELTS Test To Prepare For General IELTS Test? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can I Use Academic IELTS Test To Prepare For General IELTS Test? (797 Views)

General IELTS Vs Academic IELTS: Understanding The Difference / First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades / Register For General Electric 2018 Summer Lagos Garage Training Program (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Use Academic IELTS Test To Prepare For General IELTS Test? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Dec 19, 2017
I have a General IELTS test to write & I am currently preparing using tests from ieltsonlinetests.com which has ONLY Academic Test.

Academic test seems diff from General tests, But can I use Academics test to prepare for a General tests.

I need suggestions, thanks.

Has anyone written both General & Academic test, I would like to know the difference (In terms of Experience) ?
Re: Can I Use Academic IELTS Test To Prepare For General IELTS Test? by ClitoPen: 7:42pm On Dec 19, 2017
truthsayer009:
I have a General IELTS test to write & I am currently preparing using tests from ieltsonlinetests.com which has ONLY Academic Test.

Academic test seems diff from General tests, But can I use Academics test to prepare for a General tests.

I need suggestions, thanks.

Has anyone written both General & Academic test, I would like to know the difference (In terms of Experience) ?
No. Though they cover the same 4 modules, the contents are quite different in the writing tasks. Listening and Speaking are the same, I guess Reading too(pls confirm)....

However, general is easier than academic . Cheers
Re: Can I Use Academic IELTS Test To Prepare For General IELTS Test? by Nobody: 7:46pm On Dec 19, 2017
ClitoPen:

No. Though they cover the same 4 modules, the contents are quite different in the writing tasks .

However, general is easier than academic

ok, I somehow feel I should use Academic & prepare instead to make me better off. So I can breeze through the General test.
Re: Can I Use Academic IELTS Test To Prepare For General IELTS Test? by ClitoPen: 8:10pm On Dec 19, 2017
truthsayer009:

ok, I somehow feel I should use Academic & prepare instead to make me better off. So I can breeze through the General test.
I would advice u stick to the practice materials specific to the particular test module you want to take.

The secret there is that it is not a tough exam like you have in schools where you are expected to download what is in ur textbooks in the exam hall without them....
It's a simple exam with the answers right in front of you but depends on your ability to seive it out.

That's why you need to majorly build your range of vocabularies and know your antonyms and synonyms and then focus on the module u registered for: read general materials for general module and academic materials for academic module. Don't mix it up.
Re: Can I Use Academic IELTS Test To Prepare For General IELTS Test? by Nobody: 8:18pm On Dec 19, 2017
ClitoPen:

I would advice u stick to the practice materials specific to the particular test module you want to take.

The secret there is that it is not a tough exam like you have in schools where you are expected to download what is in ur textbooks in the exam hall without them....
It's a simple exam with the answers right in front of you but depends on your ability to seive it out.

That's why you need to majorly build your range of vocabularies and know your antonyms and synonyms and then focus on the module u registered for: read general materials for general module and academic materials for academic module. Don't mix it up.

Thanks.
Re: Can I Use Academic IELTS Test To Prepare For General IELTS Test? by ClitoPen: 9:28pm On Dec 19, 2017
truthsayer009:

Thanks.
You r welcome

(1) (Reply)

JAMB Releases Dates For 2018 UTME – Check Now / 2018/2019 Postgraduate Application In Gombe State University / Apply For Fully Funded Scholarships In Uk,australia And China,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.