Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,781 members, 7,802,418 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:03 PM

Bitter Truth About Lady Who Refused To Remove Her Hijab & So Was Denied Admissio - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Bitter Truth About Lady Who Refused To Remove Her Hijab & So Was Denied Admissio (7707 Views)

My Daughter Not Allowed To Write JAMB With Her Hijab On - Man Raises Alarm / 2018/19 Registration Procedure Federal Polytechnic Nasarawa (FPN) ADMISSIO / Check Out A Woman Climbed An Electric Pole With Her Hijab ( Photos ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bitter Truth About Lady Who Refused To Remove Her Hijab & So Was Denied Admissio by betatalknaija: 1:31am On Dec 20, 2017
So as people keep on raving about the lady who refused to remove her Hijab when she was about to be called to bar, an eye witness, has shared what actually happened during the course of the controversy.

This eye witness, who shares his own view of the whole saga, happens to be one of the officials who screened the aspirants at that time.

View link to read eye witness prove

http://www.betatalk.com.ng/2017/12/bitter-truth-about-lady-who-refused-to-remove-her-hijab-so-was-denied-admission-to-the-nigerian-bar/
Re: Bitter Truth About Lady Who Refused To Remove Her Hijab & So Was Denied Admissio by overcomer90: 2:33am On Dec 20, 2017
Absolutely true
Re: Bitter Truth About Lady Who Refused To Remove Her Hijab & So Was Denied Admissio by Sman37(m): 3:55am On Dec 20, 2017
Futile and gormless talk
let go back to history who were the 1st to put on trousers among the two (ladies) and what verse in the bibles that preach type of descent dress code in all of the edited bibles or non edited
mind u trouser was introduced and patronized mostly by xtians dat is y even today u can see every where xtians lady's are most populated wearing skinned, too tight, put all sort of tempting sexual abuse trouser and clothes and also go into churches with it if bible and pastors is against such y all of u at not practicing it maybe u all are fake as we all have being seeing

sha I can't blame u cus ur pastors eat snake,cloth,grass like goat and so on in d name of holy spirit abi evil lies!

4 Likes

Re: Bitter Truth About Lady Who Refused To Remove Her Hijab & So Was Denied Admissio by Abee79(m): 7:38am On Dec 20, 2017
Sman37:
Futile and gormless talk
let go back to history who were the 1st to put on trousers among the two (ladies) and what verse in the bibles that preach type of descent dress code in all of the edited bibles or non edited
mind u trouser was introduced and patronized mostly by xtians dat is y even today u can see every where xtians lady's are most populated wearing skinned, too tight, put all sort of tempting sexual abuse trouser and clothes and also go into churches with it if bible and pastors is against such y all of u at not practicing it maybe u all are fake as we all have being seeing

sha I can't blame u cus ur pastors eat snake,cloth,grass like goat and so on in d name of holy spirit abi evil lies!

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bitter Truth About Lady Who Refused To Remove Her Hijab & So Was Denied Admissio by anibirelawal(m): 7:42am On Dec 20, 2017
it is well.
Re: Bitter Truth About Lady Who Refused To Remove Her Hijab & So Was Denied Admissio by chingle5(m): 7:54am On Dec 20, 2017
WHY WILL YOU TOO NOT REMOVE THE HIJAB FOR GOD SAKE ....... I DONT NO WHAT THIS RELIGIOUS LEADERS ARE TEACHING THEIR STUDENTS....

9 Likes

Re: Bitter Truth About Lady Who Refused To Remove Her Hijab & So Was Denied Admissio by albacete(m): 8:45am On Dec 20, 2017
Bitter Truth About Lady Who Refused To Remove Her Hijab & So Was Denied Admission To The Nigerian Bar.

So as people keep on raving about the lady who refused to remove her Hijab when she was about to be called to bar, an eye witness, has shared what actually happened during the course of the controversy.

This eye witness, who shares his own view of the whole saga, happens to be one of the officials who screened the aspirants at that time.

He wrote:

I witnessed the baring of the lady from gaining entry into the call auditorium. Kindly note that I was part of the officials that screened Aspirants to the Bar on that very day and I participated in the entry screening for the four batches that were called on those two days.

I witnessed the whole drama … You don’t have an idea of the attitude of that religious extremist of a lady who was not ready to submit her personal sentiments to the rules of this profession. .. See eehh we have what we call “regulation dress code for ladies” in the legal profession.. The attire is clearly spelt out in our code of conduct book.. Hijab is obviously not part of it and you must deal with that obvious fact…

All our laws should not be bent for every wave of religious doctrines or practices… otherwise we won’t have a functional and fair law… My religion makes us believe that black represents evil..should I now wear white suit to law school or for my call to bar because of my religion?

There were over a thousand Muslim ladies we screened for the two days I was on duty ..why should her case be different ? We asked her to step aside and remove her hijab… Imaging about 5 law school lecturers from Abuja campus begging a mere aspirant to the bar to do the right thing and she bluntly refused. Pls we should stop giving this misfit of a lady an undue publicity for such an unpardonable display of crude rudeness to constituted authorities.

Denying her access to the call hall did not in any way violate her right to freedom of worship under Sections 38 or 39 of the 1999 CFRN , We all know that none of the rights enshrined in Chapter 4 of the 1999 CFRN is absolute. The denial was fair, proper and lawful. Note that some Christians prohibit wearing of trouser by ladies , but they allow their ladies wear it during their NYSC . Will you say they are not serious with their religion?

Pls we should all jointly condemn this misbehavior of the lady in question and put an end to this emotional sentiments we project here…

Buhari’s daughter during her call to bar last year… She wasn’t putting on her hijab ..but she wears it to any other places she goes…

I have met this Buhari’s daughter twice at Coscharis Office in Abuja and at both occasions she wore her hijab, but never wore it during her stay in law school or on her call day… The lady should go to court if she feels she is above the law or that Islam is superior our circular laws.

This country is not an Islamic State and will never be … If she is not ready to submit to the rules of the profession, she should as well go and study Islamic studies and bash her PHD in it.

I hope nobody will raise an eye brow if a Revd. Father insists that he should be called wearing his cassock and rosary? Hope you will be ok to attend a call to bar ceremony in the nearest future only to see a man wearing a red skirt decorated with cowries because that is what the gods have asked him to wear?

Do you know how many christians whose faith does not support the wearing of trousers but are compelled to do during the compulsory service? During NDA passing out parade, women (including muslim female soilders) cut their hair to the skin. No strand of hair is allowed on your hair let alone hijab. How many persons have challenged that?

The dress code for lawyers in Nigeria predates Nigeria. If you bend a little, you will have to continue to bend to allow other religions and faith at the end of the day the beauty of the profession will be lost. Law is not for all.

If you are too religious for law, try other professions. Law is not religious fanaticism. And we should also note that no attire co

@OP complete the story naa.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bitter Truth About Lady Who Refused To Remove Her Hijab & So Was Denied Admissio by respect80(m): 8:49am On Dec 20, 2017
Nawa for dis gal o

After 5-6 years in a completely academic driven environment she couldn't deal with her view on religion.
She's not fit for the profession at all.
I wonder how she would handle things in a case between a Muslim and someone from a different religion

10 Likes

Re: Bitter Truth About Lady Who Refused To Remove Her Hijab & So Was Denied Admissio by policy12: 9:04am On Dec 20, 2017
Hmmmm

2 Likes

Re: Bitter Truth About Lady Who Refused To Remove Her Hijab & So Was Denied Admissio by Qtsnow(m): 10:05am On Dec 20, 2017
albacete:

Bitter Truth About Lady Who Refused To Remove Her Hijab & So Was Denied Admission To The Nigerian Bar.

He wrote:

I witnessed the baring of the lady from gaining entry into the call auditorium. Kindly note that I was part of the officials that screened Aspirants to the Bar on that very day and I participated in the entry screening for the four batches that were called on those two days.

I witnessed the whole drama … You don’t have an idea of the attitude of that religious extremist of a lady who was not ready to submit her personal sentiments to the rules of this profession. .. See eehh we have what we call “regulation dress code for ladies” in the legal profession.. The attire is clearly spelt out in our code of conduct book.. Hijab is obviously not part of it and you must deal with that obvious fact…

All our laws should not be bent for every wave of religious doctrines or practices… otherwise we won’t have a functional and fair law… My religion makes us believe that black represents evil..should I now wear white suit to law school or for my call to bar because of my religion?

There were over a thousand Muslim ladies we screened for the two days I was on duty ..why should her case be different ? We asked her to step aside and remove her hijab… Imaging about 5 law school lecturers from Abuja campus begging a mere aspirant to the bar to do the right thing and she bluntly refused. Pls we should stop giving this misfit of a lady an undue publicity for such an unpardonable display of crude rudeness to constituted authorities.

Denying her access to the call hall did not in any way violate her right to freedom of worship under Sections 38 or 39 of the 1999 CFRN , We all know that none of the rights enshrined in Chapter 4 of the 1999 CFRN is absolute. The denial was fair, proper and lawful. Note that some Christians prohibit wearing of trouser by ladies , but they allow their ladies wear it during their NYSC . Will you say they are not serious with their religion?

Pls we should all jointly condemn this misbehavior of the lady in question and put an end to this emotional sentiments we project here…

Buhari’s daughter during her call to bar last year… She wasn’t putting on her hijab ..but she wears it to any other places she goes…

I have met this Buhari’s daughter twice at Coscharis Office in Abuja and at both occasions she wore her hijab, but never wore it during her stay in law school or on her call day… The lady should go to court if she feels she is above the law or that Islam is superior our circular laws.

This country is not an Islamic State and will never be … If she is not ready to submit to the rules of the profession, she should as well go and study Islamic studies and bash her PHD in it.

I hope nobody will raise an eye brow if a Revd. Father insists that he should be called wearing his cassock and rosary? Hope you will be ok to attend a call to bar ceremony in the nearest future only to see a man wearing a red skirt decorated with cowries because that is what the gods have asked him to wear?

Do you know how many christians whose faith does not support the wearing of trousers but are compelled to do during the compulsory service? During NDA passing out parade, women (including muslim female soilders) cut their hair to the skin. No strand of hair is allowed on your hair let alone hijab. How many persons have challenged that?

The dress code for lawyers in Nigeria predates Nigeria. If you bend a little, you will have to continue to bend to allow other religions and faith at the end of the day the beauty of the profession will be lost. Law is not for all.

If you are too religious for law, try other professions. Law is not religious fanaticism. And we should also note that no attire co

@OP complete the story naa.

Attention: Whomsoever wrote this article should know and let it stick to its medula oblaganta that the LAW of ALLAH (Shariá/Islamic LAW) is far above and superior to/than any man-made promogate/constituted law, no matter who/whom may have written it. ''Whosoever brings anything other than islam will be rejected from him and will be amongst the losers on the Last Day.''

7 Likes

Re: Bitter Truth About Lady Who Refused To Remove Her Hijab & So Was Denied Admissio by Deckline(m): 10:12am On Dec 20, 2017
Qtsnow:

Attention: Whomsoever wrote this article should know and let it stick to its medula oblaganta that the LAW of ALLAH (Shariá/Islamic LAW) is far above and superior to/than any man-made promogate/constituted law, no matter who/whom may have written it. ''Whosoever brings anything other than islam will be rejected from him and will be amongst the losers on the Last Day.''
What is this one saying? Sharia koh,shakira ni...

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bitter Truth About Lady Who Refused To Remove Her Hijab & So Was Denied Admissio by Nobody: 10:13am On Dec 20, 2017
religious fanatics are one of the most useless people in life. on facebook my muslim friends are defending her with long epistles. that was how one hajia in my office came for advice on treasury bills after i explained to her she was like its against my religion, but the small savings interest dey pay u is not against ur religion ni. hypocrites

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bitter Truth About Lady Who Refused To Remove Her Hijab & So Was Denied Admissio by Fabulous0019(m): 10:23am On Dec 20, 2017
Qtsnow:

guy think b4 u write now... we are not all fanatics here... if she knows that Sharia law is greater than secular law why did she opt in 4 the secular... can't u or the Lady or anybody trying to defend her just recognise that the secular law she opted in for is no respecter of any religion... be it Christian or Islam...
and u call your religion the religion of peace oo.. mtchew rubbish... this one weak me.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bitter Truth About Lady Who Refused To Remove Her Hijab & So Was Denied Admissio by ReinaFarine: 11:07am On Dec 20, 2017
Qtsnow:

I really wish my Muslim Brothers and sisters can understand this:
No one is persecuting her for her religion. She is not under any compulsion to practice law. If her quest for knowledge clashes with the laws of Allah, she should choose Allah (S.W.T.).

If it is his will for her to practice law he will create a way for it. She should have appealed for a change in the Law School Bye laws from her first year. It is not a hard thing for God to do. But this action of hers just screams rebellion.

Deeper life bible church expressly forbids it members from selling liquor. Let's say DLBC member applies for a job in Nigerian brewery, and gets hired. Will it be reasonable for this individual to refuse to work because it is a sin against the Lord but will want to be paid?
What will you say if CAN or PFN or Just DLBC members in general take placards and start protest on the behalf of this member?

A traditionalist that is forbidden from seeing blood wants to become a Medical doctor and he/she refuses to perform any operation because it is against his/her religion yet, she wants to be inducted as a surgeon?

If she was in school before the law was introduced, precedence might occur. It might be said that she was targeted because of her belief. But she knew of this law before applying for the course. If it was something she couldn't abide by, she should have switched to Islamic law (the higher law). You can't eat your cake and have it. You can't be inducted while wearing your hijab. I think if designed properly, the wig can cover the hair up to a reasonable extent.

I just pray Nigerians will be blessed with understanding. If this Lady is inducted, then it means I will declare any day I choose as a special day for my 'god' as a traditionalist and bring the whole of the country to halt on that day. No work, no business, nothing because the laws of the land should come second to any word I hear from my 'god'.

If I do that today, Atheist Celebrate Darwin's day as public holiday, Agnostics celebrate on Sunday and the god of wood on Monday, the god of fish on Wednesday, then the whole country will be controlled by the whims of men in the name of one god or the other. But these laws are no respecter of persons, religion, gender, age, tribe or wealth.

If you can't live by them why don't you just avoid situations that will call that to question?

See oh, in my house, you must walk around naked as you were created. If that is against your beliefs, then don't come. If the dress code of the induction is against you beliefs, then don't be induced.

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bitter Truth About Lady Who Refused To Remove Her Hijab & So Was Denied Admissio by oyatz(m): 11:22am On Dec 20, 2017
This is most laughable.

1) The law of Allah does NOT regulate the Legal profession &practice in Nigeria.

2) If you feel the regulations of the Nigerian Legal profession contradict 'The laws of Allah' it is better to stick to Allah and not have anything to do with the Nigerian legal practice, being regulated by infidels.

Qtsnow:

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bitter Truth About Lady Who Refused To Remove Her Hijab & So Was Denied Admissio by Rebelutionary: 11:35am On Dec 20, 2017
ReinaFarine:

I really wish my Muslim Brothers and sisters can understand this:
No one is persecuting her for her religion. She is not under any compulsion to practice law. If her quest for knowledge clashes with the laws of Allah, she should choose Allah (S.W.T.).

If it is his will for her to practice law he will create a way for it. She should have appealed for a change in the Law School Bye laws from her first year. It is not a hard thing for God to do. But this action of hers just screams rebellion.

Deeper life bible church expressly forbids it members from selling liquor. Let's say DLBC member applies for a job in Nigerian brewery, and gets hired. Will it be reasonable for this individual to refuse to work because it is a sin against the Lord but will want to be paid?
What will you say if CAN or PFN or Just DLBC members in general take placards and start protest on the behalf of this member?

A traditionalist that is forbidden from seeing blood wants to become a Medical doctor and he/she refuses to perform any operation because it is against his/her religion yet, she wants to be inducted as a surgeon?

If she was in school before the law was introduced, precedence might occur. It might be said that she was targeted because of her belief. But she knew of this law before applying for the course. If it was something she couldn't abide by, she should have switched to Islamic law (the higher law). You can't eat your cake and have it. You can't be inducted while wearing your hijab. I think if designed properly, the wig can cover the hair up to a reasonable extent.

I just pray Nigerians will be blessed with understanding. If this Lady is inducted, then it means I will declare any day I choose as a special day for my 'god' as a traditionalist and bring the whole of the country to halt on that day. No work, no business, nothing because the laws of the land should come second to any word I hear from my 'god'.

If I do that today, Atheist Celebrate Darwin's day as public holiday, Agnostics celebrate on Sunday and the god of wood on Monday, the god of fish on Wednesday, then the whole country will be controlled by the whims of men in the name of one god or the other. But these laws are no respecter of persons, religion, gender, age, tribe or wealth.

If you can't live by them why don't you just avoid situations that will call that to question?

See oh, in my house, you must walk around naked as you were created. If that is against your beliefs, then don't come. If the dress code of the induction is against you beliefs, then don't be induced.
So apt! Just like saying after applying for a job with UBA, I then say I don't like red ties even though I kno its their brand colour! It takes a closed mind not to see the truth in ur words!

13 Likes

Re: Bitter Truth About Lady Who Refused To Remove Her Hijab & So Was Denied Admissio by Festy4u(m): 12:05pm On Dec 20, 2017
Qtsnow:

Ah! I must say your foolery is monumental. On your case; I'm just weak.....!

7 Likes

Re: Bitter Truth About Lady Who Refused To Remove Her Hijab & So Was Denied Admissio by Deckline(m): 12:08pm On Dec 20, 2017
The girl is just being stupid,brainless,senseless,useless and lifeless jare. Islam has ruined her life now. #sense is scarce. Muslims have problem. They act so wierd!!!

3 Likes

Re: Bitter Truth About Lady Who Refused To Remove Her Hijab & So Was Denied Admissio by ReinaFarine: 12:13pm On Dec 20, 2017
Rebelutionary:

So apt! Just like saying after applying for a job with UBA, I then say I don't like red ties even though I kno its their brand colour! It takes a closed mind not to see the truth in ur words!

I tire oh!
My fear is that Nigeria will bend to this case because they are using the victimisation and islamophobia banner. It is not seen as insubordination of a girl against the rules of a school. It is seen as persecution of Muslims by Christians. And because of how trigger happy most of our sorry to say 'so-called' Islamic brothers are, it is better to give them what they want that suffer blood shed and violence.
Re: Bitter Truth About Lady Who Refused To Remove Her Hijab & So Was Denied Admissio by Rebelutionary: 12:21pm On Dec 20, 2017
ReinaFarine:

I tire oh!
My fear is that Nigeria will bend to this case because they are using the victimisation and islamophobia banner. It is not seen as insubordination of a girl against the rules of a school. It is seen as persecution of Muslims by Christians. And because of how trigger happy most of our sorry to say 'so-called' Islamic brothers are, it is better to give them what they want that suffer blood shed and violence.
I pray we don't o because we would have set a precedence for a floodgate rebellious tendencies in the name of "religious rights"...hws ur day going?

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth About Lady Who Refused To Remove Her Hijab & So Was Denied Admissio by neurojosh(m): 12:21pm On Dec 20, 2017
Qtsnow:

... you are just some myopic religious fanatic.... you can't see beyond what you have been brainwashed with... ��

5 Likes

Re: Bitter Truth About Lady Who Refused To Remove Her Hijab & So Was Denied Admissio by haywire07(m): 12:52pm On Dec 20, 2017
Qtsnow:

Popular quote of terrorists

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bitter Truth About Lady Who Refused To Remove Her Hijab & So Was Denied Admissio by simiboy22: 12:54pm On Dec 20, 2017
Yo! Its Christmas
Buy chickens and turkeys at a very affordable price ..
Chicken at #2500 and #3500
While Turkeys at #8000
You buy 3 of the #3500 chicken at once and pay #10,000 instead of #10,500...
We deliver it to your door step everywhere in Lagos state .....
For more info, call 08180981121
Our chickens are healthy and neat....
Merry Xmas in advance

Re: Bitter Truth About Lady Who Refused To Remove Her Hijab & So Was Denied Admissio by chudyprince: 1:11pm On Dec 20, 2017
As simple as this this woman

3 Likes

Re: Bitter Truth About Lady Who Refused To Remove Her Hijab & So Was Denied Admissio by Deckline(m): 1:25pm On Dec 20, 2017
chudyprince:
As simple as this this woman
Where did you get that picture from? Thats my aunt.
Re: Bitter Truth About Lady Who Refused To Remove Her Hijab & So Was Denied Admissio by excanny: 1:43pm On Dec 20, 2017
Qtsnow:

She can apply to Sharia court for job or try others jobs like selling in the market where she can wear hijab all day all night to please Allah.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bitter Truth About Lady Who Refused To Remove Her Hijab & So Was Denied Admissio by Zane2point4(m): 2:06pm On Dec 20, 2017
Qtsnow:

Extremists, this is exactly why boko haram thrive,

So naija is now an Islamic state,pls go to saudi arabia or iran, am sure your type will fight for American visa.

When will you launch your own terrorist movement ?
Re: Bitter Truth About Lady Who Refused To Remove Her Hijab & So Was Denied Admissio by betatalknaija: 2:29pm On Dec 20, 2017
Islamic Council demands immediate call to bar of Firdaus Amosa, the lady who was turned back from the ceremony for wearing a Hijab

Visit for details: http://www.betatalk.com.ng/2017/12/islamic-council-demands-immediate-call-to-bar-of-firdaus-amosa-the-lady-who-was-turned-back-from-the-ceremony-for-wearing-a-hijab/
Re: Bitter Truth About Lady Who Refused To Remove Her Hijab & So Was Denied Admissio by Ekkhann(m): 2:34pm On Dec 20, 2017
Qtsnow:

then go to Saudi Arabia murr'fckr undecided

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bitter Truth About Lady Who Refused To Remove Her Hijab & So Was Denied Admissio by betatalknaija: 2:38pm On Dec 20, 2017
betatalknaija:
So as people keep on raving about the lady who refused to remove her Hijab when she was about to be called to bar, an eye witness, has shared what actually happened during the course of the controversy

Just In: Islamic Council demands immediate call to bar of Firdaus Amosa, the lady who was turned back from the ceremony for wearing a Hijab

http://www.betatalk.com.ng/2017/12/islamic-council-demands-immediate-call-to-bar-of-firdaus-amosa-the-lady-who-was-turned-back-from-the-ceremony-for-wearing-a-hijab/

http://www.betatalk.com.ng/2017/12/bitter-truth-about-lady-who-refused-to-remove-her-hijab-so-was-denied-admission-to-the-nigerian-bar/
Re: Bitter Truth About Lady Who Refused To Remove Her Hijab & So Was Denied Admissio by ONY3KAH(m): 3:22pm On Dec 20, 2017
Qtsnow:

Why didn't she just study islamic law? Instead of bringing her extrimism to public glare. Some Muslims self.... with una mumuric association

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NANS Gives Fayose 72-hour Ultimatum To Re-open EKSU / Official FUOYE 2019/2020 Cut Off Mark For Admission - All Departments / Governor Oyebanji Names Olowolafe EKSU Chancellor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.