Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,917 members, 7,806,666 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:22 PM

Gani Adams Launches Yoruba Cultural-tourism Crusade In UAE - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Gani Adams Launches Yoruba Cultural-tourism Crusade In UAE (9790 Views)

Why We Cancelled Yoruba Cultural Ceremony, Isese Festival – Emir Of Ilorin / Little Oyinbo Girl Presents Yoruba Cultural Dance / Installation Of Gani Adams As 15th Aare Ona Kakanfo Of Yoruba In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gani Adams Launches Yoruba Cultural-tourism Crusade In UAE by omusiliyu(m): 4:29am On Dec 20, 2017
Aare Ona Kakanfo of Yoruba designate, Otunba Gani Adams, has launched Yoruba cultural-tourism revival in the United Arab, UAE, where he called on all Yoruba in the Islamic country not to loose their sense of history to the dictate of their domain but to constantly refreshed their memories with the cultural values and ethics of their heritage.

Otunba Adams, who will be installed as the15th Aare Ona Kakanfo of Yorubaland on January 13 by the Alaafin of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi III, said that he came to Dubai purposely to ‘stoke the embers of the dying cultural–tourism sensibility of the Yoruba people, who are here in their thousands and who are susceptible to forget the culture and ethics of their heritage because of the dominant prevailing culture of the host country.

”Speaking to a multitude of Yoruba who thronged the Landmark Hotel, Dubai venue of the launching of the 79th Chapterof Oodua Progressive Union (OPU|), Otunba Adams pointed out ‘I understand the push and pull factors which endeared us to Dubai. I understand the fact that we should behave like the Arabs when in Dubai but not at the expense of our own culture and tradition.”

He said “I have been conducted on a tour of Dubai. I have watched how the Dubai indigenes have not allowed the cosmopolitanism of their business drive and crave for global interaction affect their culture. This is what we should emulate from them.”

Otunba Adams affirmed “OPU is not a political movement. It is purely a cultural- tourism global initiative, which inauguration is purposely to rejuvenate, regenerate, and revitalize the pristine Yoruba cultural heritage. A cultural heritage which makes us the Yoruba who we are and what we are. Hence, this journey of mine and our members all over the world planting OPU.”

He revealed “In as much as we are not political, it does not mean that we should shy away from lending our voices in shaping whatever issues which might affect the full exercise of our fundamental human rights within the framework of Nigeria as a nation and within the ambit of The Federal Republic of Nigerian 1999 Constitution as amended.”

Otunba Adams, who lamented that Nigeria, as it is presently constituted, is not sustainable and “It is our belief in OPU thatthe time is now for the country to take the option of restructuring. We also warn that any restructuring that is not tailored along the regional line, reflecting the six geopolitical structures of the country, would be a mere wasting of time and resources.

“Regionalism is most suitable for the country at this time as each region will be governed by laws that best suits it, and I think, the experience and success recorded in the defunct Western Region best register the need for a return to regionalism.

“Already, groups such as the Indigenous People of Biafra and the Niger Delta Avengers have, more or less, shattered whatever illusions we may retain, regarding the Nigeria we are living in. While Nigeria will obviously be better off remaining a nation, it is also true that a surgical operation is required to take out the cancer of disintegration currently ravaging the country on every side.

“Nigeria is supposed to be the Federal Republic but it operates a unitary constitution where the states, like children,simply go to Abuja at the end of every month to collect food. They cannot even feed themselves.

“Is it not an utter shame that the descendants of Oyo Empire, Kanem-BornoEmpire, Benin Empire and others have to go, cap in hand, to Abuja, collecting allocation that cannot even pay workers’ salaries when the traditional system, which guaranteed full employment and a decent standard of living, can be recreated through proper federalism like we had in the First Republic?”

The Head of Chancery of Nigerian Embassyin UAE, Mrs Kemi Ogunbanjo, who could not but expressed her happiness over the colourful appearance of the OPU members, attired in a special red cap said: “I am always proud of you in the way you conduct yourselves as good ambassadors of Nigeria”.

The Guest Lecturer, Mr Gabriel Akinadewo, Managing Director, Freedom Online Newspaper, in his submission declared that Nigeria, blessed with human and material resources, can only be great if it changes its orientation from being a consuming to a productive nation. Citing insecurity, lack of infrastructure, series of agitation and lack of direction to drive the economy, as some of the challenges Nigeria is facing, Akinadewo told the audience how other countries, with similar challenges in the past, surmounted the obstacles. Urging Nigeria to face the brass task on restructuring, Mr Akinadewo posited “This is the time for us to reorder our value system. Is it possible to restructure Nigeria without crossing the red line? And if the red line is too risky a venture, for how long are we going to suffer in a land filled with milk and honey? A major challenge in Nigeria is that leaders at federal, state and local council levels are not listening to what the people are saying. The government is working outside the people’s interest. We must do away with our retrogressive system by consuming what we produce. Nigeria is destined to be great but if the attitude of leaders to development is wrong, the country is going nowhere”.While inaugurating the chapter, Adams urged the officers and members to “become exemplary men and women, not only of OPU but of Yoruba race and Nigeria as a country.

Otunba Adams said “You have a duty to protect the integrity of OPU, our enviable Yoruba race and our country, Nigeria. I challenge you, not only to lend your voice but to ensure that you play your parts in the restructured Nigeria that will emerge soon, by the Grace of God”.

At the epoch-making event were the Coordinator of OPU in Europe, Akinrogun Victor Adewale; Secretary, Nigeria Community in Dubai and Managing Director of Gatewind Management, Mr Austin Edeko; President, Nigeria in Diaspora Organisation (NIDO), Kuwait, Alhaji Abdul Wasiu Elu; the Guest Lecturer and Managing Director of Freedom Online,Gabriel Akinadewo; Gbobaniyi of Arigidi-Akoko, Ondo State, Chief Femi Davies; Chief of Staff to Otunba Adams, Segun Akanni, popular Nollywood actor, Odunlade Adekola and Dr. Layo Adeniyi, among others.

http://www.tribuneonlineng.com/gani-adams-launches-yoruba-cultural-tourism-crusade-uae/

1 Like

Re: Gani Adams Launches Yoruba Cultural-tourism Crusade In UAE by raker300: 4:33am On Dec 20, 2017
Lol...

Wasn't this man a known criminal arrested and later fled?

This man presenting himself as a yoruba patriarch sounds wrong

Am sure there are worthy yorubas to take up such mantle.

Wetin concern me...?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gani Adams Launches Yoruba Cultural-tourism Crusade In UAE by afbstrategies: 4:38am On Dec 20, 2017
Re: Gani Adams Launches Yoruba Cultural-tourism Crusade In UAE by Annie939(f): 4:42am On Dec 20, 2017
nice one

2 Likes

Re: Gani Adams Launches Yoruba Cultural-tourism Crusade In UAE by orisa37: 5:44am On Dec 20, 2017
Wetin concern U...?
Re: Gani Adams Launches Yoruba Cultural-tourism Crusade In UAE by Osucoward: 6:04am On Dec 20, 2017
raker300:
Lol...

If not for hate and envy you Ibos typically show to Yorubas, tell me what prompted you to make the above comment and how it relates to the topic?

What necessitated you to mention the above on this thread especially since you know it doesn't concern you? Kanu, the ibo Jesus, was tagged a criminal and he fled. Gani was tagged a criminal, but he kept trying to spread the Yoruba culture. What's wrong with that?

And who told you other Yorubas aren't doing the same?

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gani Adams Launches Yoruba Cultural-tourism Crusade In UAE by Osucoward: 6:10am On Dec 20, 2017
This is a great feat.

This is the same Gani that helped to add the Yoruba language into European school curriculums.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gani Adams Launches Yoruba Cultural-tourism Crusade In UAE by Osucoward: 6:15am On Dec 20, 2017
Gani Adams has done much for the Yoruba culture both inside and outside of Nigeria.
Unfortunately, he's a PDP supporter. embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Gani Adams Launches Yoruba Cultural-tourism Crusade In UAE by Morenikeji900: 8:59am On Dec 20, 2017
raker300:
Lol...

Wetin concern me...?
sigh it's not your damn fucking business our Yoruba fathers that want him didn't complain so who the fucking hell are you silly nitwit

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gani Adams Launches Yoruba Cultural-tourism Crusade In UAE by Morenikeji900: 9:09am On Dec 20, 2017
raker300:
Lol...

Wetin concern me...?
sigh it's not your damn fucking business our Yoruba fathers that want him didn't complain so who the fucking hell are you silly nitwit why always you stupid brat keep jealousy Yoruba people all the time thats how some fool keep saying that stupid Edo people is the owner of Lagos Bleep you Awori have already told does fighting for Edo people should please if they know they are not yoruba that they can head back to there so called Edo Kingdom lols we are really proud of our yoruba lands. OSUN & OYO & LAGOS & ONDO & EKITI. (KWARA) Awori is the owner of Lagos. if people like keep yelling we yoruba grant all you fucking dog freedom of speech tho but the Yoruba are waiting for you all stupid fool like you

14 Likes

Re: Gani Adams Launches Yoruba Cultural-tourism Crusade In UAE by SicilianMafia: 10:18am On Dec 20, 2017
Morenikeji900:
thats how some fool keep saying that stupid Edo people is the owner of Lagos right freedom of speech tho but the Yoruba are waiting for you all stupid fool like you

Afonjaaaa!!!!......Face the Igbos Don't Ever call my tribe stupid ever in your Skull Mining life, do you see any Edo's on this thread?.... What's that uncalled for insult all about? it is a warning !!

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gani Adams Launches Yoruba Cultural-tourism Crusade In UAE by NwaAmaikpe: 10:27am On Dec 20, 2017
shocked

That is how it starts, tomorrow now;
After eating sour Ewedu soup, the Oba will say the UAE is Yorubaland

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gani Adams Launches Yoruba Cultural-tourism Crusade In UAE by prosperous25(m): 10:28am On Dec 20, 2017
Ok??
Re: Gani Adams Launches Yoruba Cultural-tourism Crusade In UAE by jonnytad(m): 10:30am On Dec 20, 2017
After that, come home to give scholarships to our children.... the government can't do this alone.
Re: Gani Adams Launches Yoruba Cultural-tourism Crusade In UAE by Olawalesadiq(m): 10:30am On Dec 20, 2017
i beg na who read this post make he summarize the post for me. thanks in advance
Re: Gani Adams Launches Yoruba Cultural-tourism Crusade In UAE by Nobody: 10:30am On Dec 20, 2017
Hahaha plenty DEMOLA AJAYI

1 Like

Re: Gani Adams Launches Yoruba Cultural-tourism Crusade In UAE by jonnytad(m): 10:35am On Dec 20, 2017
SicilianMafia:

Afonjaaaa!!!!......Face the Igbos Don't Ever call my tribe stupid ever in your life, do you see any Edo's on this thread?.... What's that uncalled for insult all about? it is a warning !!

Hahahahahah. ... After the reggae play the blue.
Re: Gani Adams Launches Yoruba Cultural-tourism Crusade In UAE by labanj1(m): 10:37am On Dec 20, 2017
It's good, but let all this start from home. What are they doing to protect the Yoruba culture in Nigeria?
Re: Gani Adams Launches Yoruba Cultural-tourism Crusade In UAE by SicilianMafia: 10:39am On Dec 20, 2017
jonnytad:

Hahahahahah. ... After the reggae play the blue.

That guy nor get sense at all..... Na ewedu dey inside the boy head

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gani Adams Launches Yoruba Cultural-tourism Crusade In UAE by Osucoward: 10:39am On Dec 20, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Tomorrow now,
After eating sour Ewedu soup, the Oba will say the UAE is Yorubaland

Shut up. That's an Ibo trait.

21 Likes

Re: Gani Adams Launches Yoruba Cultural-tourism Crusade In UAE by Osucoward: 10:40am On Dec 20, 2017
SicilianMafia:

That guy nor get sense at all..... Na ewedu dey inside the boy head

jealousy

8 Likes

Re: Gani Adams Launches Yoruba Cultural-tourism Crusade In UAE by SicilianMafia: 10:42am On Dec 20, 2017
Osucoward:

jealousy

Jealous of what ? Exactly

Skull Mining ? Or What ...pls tell us grin grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gani Adams Launches Yoruba Cultural-tourism Crusade In UAE by Osucoward: 10:43am On Dec 20, 2017
SicilianMafia:

Jealous is what ?

Skull Mining ? Or What grin grin

I'm sure there's an Innoson thread on FP but you decided to open a Yoruba thread to show your green color. Ndo cool

Skull mining here or there, even the Gods will reject the shape of your skull.

13 Likes

Re: Gani Adams Launches Yoruba Cultural-tourism Crusade In UAE by SicilianMafia: 10:47am On Dec 20, 2017
Osucoward:

I'm sure there's an Innoson thread on FP but you decided to open a Yoruba thread to show your green color. Ndo cool

Skull mining here or there, even the Gods will reject the shape of your skull.

Shut Up and Stop Wanking day and night untop the Igbo's......

I don already warn your Ewedu Brother !! KEEP MY TRIBE EDO OUT OF OILY MOUTHS!!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gani Adams Launches Yoruba Cultural-tourism Crusade In UAE by Osucoward: 10:50am On Dec 20, 2017
SicilianMafia:

Unnecessary. You sound hungry. Go and open an Ipob thread to settle your nerves.

8 Likes

Re: Gani Adams Launches Yoruba Cultural-tourism Crusade In UAE by SicilianMafia: 10:53am On Dec 20, 2017
Osucoward:

Unnecessary. You sound hungry. Go and open an Ipob thread to settle your nerves.

At least I don't mine skulls and eat thier brains !!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gani Adams Launches Yoruba Cultural-tourism Crusade In UAE by Oloripelebe: 10:55am On Dec 20, 2017
SicilianMafia:

There are 3 MAJOR tribes in Nigeria.. ..do u know dem? grin grin

11 Likes

Re: Gani Adams Launches Yoruba Cultural-tourism Crusade In UAE by Nobody: 10:57am On Dec 20, 2017
Good, things are going according to plan

1 Like

Re: Gani Adams Launches Yoruba Cultural-tourism Crusade In UAE by SicilianMafia: 10:58am On Dec 20, 2017
Oloripelebe:

There are 3 MAJOR tribes in Nigeria.. ..do u know dem? ;

Did you go to primary school?

And the Word Yoruba never Existed 40years ago so now do the maths!!

Yoruba or whatever u call yourself are not a tribe but a gang just like APC grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gani Adams Launches Yoruba Cultural-tourism Crusade In UAE by estolaB(f): 11:02am On Dec 20, 2017
SicilianMafia:

Afonjaaaa!!!!......Face the Igbos Don't Ever call my tribe stupid ever in your Skull Mining life, do you see any Edo's on this thread?.... What's that uncalled for insult all about? it is a warning !!

d thing pain u well well

eyaa sorry

(1) (2) (Reply)

***nigerian Culture To Answer A Question With Another Question?*** / Sayyid Muhammad Abdullah Hassan - Today And Yesteryear / Dana Air Named Official Airline Of The Akwa Ibom Christmas Carols Festival 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.