Stats: 3,140,464 members, 7,770,148 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 05:52 AM

14 Health Benefits Of Charcoal - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 14 Health Benefits Of Charcoal (28822 Views)

Top 14 Health Tips For Men You Must Know About / Harmattan: Two Friends Die In Jos From Charcoal Smoke (Photos) / 14 Health Benefits Of Activated Charcoal (2) (3) (4)

Re: 14 Health Benefits Of Charcoal by Toks2008(m): 9:23am On Dec 20, 2017
I give this info a 5 star

Re: 14 Health Benefits Of Charcoal by Elthugnificent(m): 9:23am On Dec 20, 2017
Ipheyemmy01:
This charcoal s3lf. How will you know the tree it is made from to know if it is poisonous or not
WTF
Re: 14 Health Benefits Of Charcoal by Tosign360: 9:24am On Dec 20, 2017
please leave joke matter here. is it real................
InternetGenius:

Real facts
Re: 14 Health Benefits Of Charcoal by Nobody: 9:26am On Dec 20, 2017
Godwinfury:
Number 4 though... that's like using black dye to wash a white cloth ooo, are u sure of what u r saying?

You no read am ni. He said your kitchen, tiles angry

Apkamu

Re: 14 Health Benefits Of Charcoal by stickaman04: 9:30am On Dec 20, 2017
Kenzico:
What?? How can Charcoal purify water??

Ka m nukwa??
my dear dey use it ohhh, , dey use activated carbon bed, made from pure carbon, which i actually charcoal dat has been produce from pyrolysis of wood. it actually removes organic matter from water n make it odour free. go to any pure water making factory, if u dont see activated carbon beds, den alert NAFDAC. such a product is not good for consumption. thankz

Re: 14 Health Benefits Of Charcoal by Deesquare01(m): 9:31am On Dec 20, 2017
I've tried that of No. 4 before, i.e. the teeth whitening scenario and I can attest to the fact that it truly works.

Re: 14 Health Benefits Of Charcoal by hidhrhis(m): 9:39am On Dec 20, 2017
op u are a comedian
make a powder out of charcoal
can't just stop laughing in greek grin
Re: 14 Health Benefits Of Charcoal by seunmohmoh(f): 9:56am On Dec 20, 2017
true
Re: 14 Health Benefits Of Charcoal by Amsty: 9:57am On Dec 20, 2017
funnynation:

BENEFITS_OF_CHARCOAL

Charcoal is one of the most disregarded products at home. We only see the need for it when it is time to set fire for Banku.
However, if you really need first aid, charcoal is something you need to have on you all the time. You might not know this but it is one of the most medicinal products you can have at home due to its poison extraction ability.
In case you never gave it much attention, this is the time to do so. Here are *13* benefits of charcoal you never thought about.

1. *#Preventing_Odour*.
Does your shoe smell bad? Just get some charcoal & put it in them. Do you have any bad smell in your room? Drop some charcoal where you suspect the smell could be coming from. Does your fridge or freezer smell? Put a piece of charcoal in it. Do you have strong body odour? Just make a powder out of charcoal & use.
Charcoal is very good at getting rid of bad smell. Ever wondered why your parents always scooped out the ash from the coal pot to pour in the hen coop or toilet before sweeping? That was to get rid of the odour.

2. *#Keeping_Food_Fresh*.
If you want your vegetables to be fresh all the time, just make a solution out of charcoal & leave your vegetables in them. Thank us later.

3. *#Removing_Toxins_From_Food*.
These days, people complain about the use of fertilizers on plants & vegetables, making them unwholesome & poisonous. If you have charcoal, you don’t need to worry about this. All you need to do is leave the vegetables in a charcoal solution overnight & it’ll take care of the toxins. If you suspect any food contains too many chemicals, just drop them in a charcoal solution for some hours & you’re good to go.

4. *#For_Teeth_Whitening*.
If you want to whiten your teeth, pay no attention to all these adverts on whitening chemicals & technology. Just get yourself some charcoal & grab hold of a plantain stalk. Make a powder out of the charcoal, mash the tip of the plantain stalk, dip it into the charcoal powder & brush your teeth with it for a week.

5. *#Restoring_Soup_That_Went_Bad*.
Did your groundnut soup or palm nut soup go bad? No need to worry about pouring it all away. Just put it back on fire & drop a piece of charcoal in it. This will extract all the bad taste & smell & restore the soup to its fresh state.

6. *#Detoxifying*.
Do you have a hangover out of a drink out with friends the previous night? Just have some charcoal with you & chew on it. To make it more effective, make a nice solution out of it & drink. You’re good to go.

7. *#Neutralizing_Alcohol*.
If you mistakenly did some wild mixing & feel it can knock you out, just add some charcoal to the mixture & your problem is solved. Or if you took in too much alcohol, just drink some charcoal solution & you’re good to go.

8. *#Healing_Wounds*.
Do you have a situation where someone’s wound has become so infected to the state doctors are saying they have to cut the affected area? Don’t stress over it, get a large amount of charcoal powder & pour it on the wound. This will extract all the poison from the wound & also help it heal faster. If you have a cut & you want to treat it fast, just get some powdered charcoal & pour on it.

9. *#Water_Filtration*.
Do you feel your water is contaminated? You don’t need all these products on the market. Charcoal can do better, just drop some amount of it in it. Don’t worry about the colour, it is safe, you can even chew on charcoal. It is far safer than eating chicken from KFC.

10. *#Skin_Cleansing*.
Do you have pimples, acne or any skin disease you really want to get rid of or do you want a very smooth face or skin? All you need is charcoal. Make a thick solution out of it & smear it on your body & leave it on for some hours before taking your bath. It will leave your skin smooth & fresh.

11. *#Stain_Removal*.
Do you have some stubborn stain in your kitchen, washroom or on your tiles? You actually need charcoal to get rid of it. I know you’re imagining how this black stainy product can actually remove stains right? Just try it, it works like magic.

12. *#Getting_rid_of_a_Bloated_Stomach*.
If you ate or drank something & feel bloated, charcoal is the best solution to get rid of the bloating.

13. *#Gets_Rid_of_bad_Cholesterol*.
Making a solution out of it & drinking helps eliminate all the bad cholesterol you have stored in you.

14. *#Ulcer_Treatment*.
Charcoal can treat all ulcers. Just make it a habit to always chew some.

Culled by Mc Funnynation

lalasticlala mynd44 seun please come and move it to FP as it may help some people

Thanks for this great and valuable information. However, I don't understand how to make charcoal solution or what you meant by charcoal solution. Please explain.

Re: 14 Health Benefits Of Charcoal by joenor(m): 10:01am On Dec 20, 2017
Heard something like this.
Re: 14 Health Benefits Of Charcoal by Omaresh(f): 10:04am On Dec 20, 2017
I've used the charcoal a couple of times for teeth whitening. It works. I've always had white set of teeth but whenever I notice slight changes I use it to restore shine to my teeth.

Re: 14 Health Benefits Of Charcoal by danyCEO(m): 10:04am On Dec 20, 2017
Amsty:

Thanks for this great and valuable information. However, I don't understand how to make charcoal solution or what you meant by charcoal solution. Please explain.
Grid the charcoal till you get a powder, pour it in your desired quantity of water, mix it together. You have a Charcoal solution.

Re: 14 Health Benefits Of Charcoal by Nobody: 10:11am On Dec 20, 2017
Your granulated sugar is originally brown, thank God for charcoal that gives it that white colour. Basic Secondary school Chemistry.

Re: 14 Health Benefits Of Charcoal by anytexy: 10:12am On Dec 20, 2017
Is it all chacoal or how do I know the one (tree) that is not poisonous?
Re: 14 Health Benefits Of Charcoal by funnynation(m): 10:13am On Dec 20, 2017
Ever8054:
i want white teeth....I should use black charcoal?.....op,...are you OK....?

after rubbing soap on ur body, don't u apply water to wash it out?

Re: 14 Health Benefits Of Charcoal by SIaye: 10:19am On Dec 20, 2017
psychologist:
I can remember the days of using Charcoal and salt to brush grin just to make our teeth sparkling

So did it work? ?
Re: 14 Health Benefits Of Charcoal by tomtyte02(m): 10:23am On Dec 20, 2017
Dutchey:
abeg where Idris? make e come sing Nigeria Jaga Jaga remix. how will someone tell me i can remove stain with stain

Havent u heard that you cure madness with madness?

Re: 14 Health Benefits Of Charcoal by olabright11(m): 10:27am On Dec 20, 2017
I remember mama that was selling akara in our village, she always chucked charcoal inside the beans while frying, this actually made me dislike eating akara with aim that it could be a charm. pls what kind of firewood charcoal bcs. some Trees � are poisonous?

Re: 14 Health Benefits Of Charcoal by AreaFada2: 10:30am On Dec 20, 2017
Works for the most part. it might be as spectacular as stated.
Re: 14 Health Benefits Of Charcoal by funnynation(m): 10:46am On Dec 20, 2017
Omaresh:
I've used the charcoal a couple of times for teeth whitening. It works. I've always had white set of teeth but whenever I notice slight changes I use it to restore shine to my teeth.

Nice one... Shine on dear

Re: 14 Health Benefits Of Charcoal by funnynation(m): 10:47am On Dec 20, 2017
olabright11:
I remember mama that was selling akara in our village, she always chucked charcoal inside the beans while frying, this actually made me dislike eating akara with aim that it could be a charm. pls what kind of firewood charcoal bcs. some Trees � are poisonous?

I always use any charcoal

Re: 14 Health Benefits Of Charcoal by funnynation(m): 10:48am On Dec 20, 2017
For face

Re: 14 Health Benefits Of Charcoal by Hasheem1hash(m): 11:04am On Dec 20, 2017
i ain't arguing but u should hv back it wit scientific prove!
Re: 14 Health Benefits Of Charcoal by Mup4life: 11:12am On Dec 20, 2017
Hasheem1hash:
i ain't arguing but u should hv back it wit scientific prove!
Google is your FRIEND.

Re: 14 Health Benefits Of Charcoal by salesforce: 11:14am On Dec 20, 2017
Really
Re: 14 Health Benefits Of Charcoal by OLAFIMIX(f): 11:19am On Dec 20, 2017
Bro, I have been there oo, I didn't see.
cescky:

Go to the fashion area of nairaland am sure you'll see
Re: 14 Health Benefits Of Charcoal by ArcGibson(m): 11:44am On Dec 20, 2017
Nothing in this world we no go hear.
Re: 14 Health Benefits Of Charcoal by Crex007(m): 11:49am On Dec 20, 2017
it also helps with poisoning
Re: 14 Health Benefits Of Charcoal by pat077: 12:41pm On Dec 20, 2017
Op, u have to be more specific. The charcoal that performs the mentioned function is activated charcoal and not just anyhow charcoal

Re: 14 Health Benefits Of Charcoal by ikorodureporta: 12:58pm On Dec 20, 2017
All d points sound strange

Dr. Ada Igonoh Gives Birth To A Boy In California, USA (Photo) / Lagos Converts More Hotels, Public Places To Isolation Centres / Confusion in OAUTHC As FG Appoints Two Chief Medical Directors Within One Week