Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,803 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:06 PM

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 21/12/17 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 21/12/17 (1002 Views)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 21/12/2022 / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 21/12/18 / Open Heaven Daily Devotional(thur. 21/12/2017) Ashamed Of Your Faith? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 21/12/17 by dallyemmy: 4:04pm On Dec 20, 2017
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL

DATE: THURSDAY 21ST DECEMBER 2017

THEME:  ASHAMED OF YOUR FAITH?

MEMORISE:
For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain. Philippians 1:21

READ: Philippians 1:20-21

1:20 According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death.

1:21 For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.

Do you desire and seek rest for your soul? There is a rest in Jesus Christ that you can never find elsewhere. To access this rest, you must be ready to receive His yoke by denying yourself, taking up your cross and following Him daily. (Matthew 11:29). To find rest for your soul, you must reach a point where you are no longer ashamed of Jesus Christ. You must conquer shame or be dead to it with regard to your faith in Christ Jesus. To this end, Paul said this to us, from his experience:

“According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death.”                                                                                      Philippians 1:20

Are you still ashamed to publicly declare your faith in Christ? Do you allow people to intimidate you concerning your faith in Christ Jesus? Get out of that pit of shame today and let everyone who cares to know be informed that you are a true child of God! Let your lifestyle support your confession and copy Jesus in all that you do!

A confirmation that you have conquered shame with respect to your faith in Christ is that you would be bold to face anyone, anywhere and say to them that you are for Jesus Christ. If you are not bold, it is because you are infested with fear. If you have fear inside you and you are not a baby Christian, please check your life for sin. Why? Proverbs 28:1 says,

“The wicked flee when no man pursueth: but the righteous are bold as a lion.”

Sin always brings in some degree of fear to a person’s life. There is a relationship between sin and fear. In the same vein, there is a relationship between righteousness and boldness (confidence). When you live your life transparently in righteousness, you will be bold and courageous. You will also be able to muster increasing levels of faith. If you do not have faith in your prayers being answered, it could indicate the presence of sin in your life. Sin kills expectations and hope. When you live to please God, your expectations will be strong and your hope will be strong. Check your life today. If you are lacking in boldness, faith, hope and expectation, there just might be some sins you haven’t confessed lurking around the corner.

PRAYER POINT:
Father, grant me boldness to declare my faith in every situation I find myself in this world.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Proverbs 9-12
Zachariah 9

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE

HYMN 1: MY FAITH LOOKS UP TO THEE

1.      My faith looks up to Thee,
Thou Lamb of Calvary,
Savior divine!
Now hear me while I pray,
Take all my guilt away,
Oh, let me from this day
Be wholly Thine!

2.      May Thy rich grace impart
Strength to my fainting heart,
My zeal inspire!
As Thou hast died for me,
Oh, may my love to Thee
Pure, warm, and changeless be,
A living fire!

3.      While life’s dark maze I tread,
And griefs around me spread,
Be Thou my guide;
Bid darkness turn to day,
Wipe sorrow’s tears away,
Nor let me ever stray
From Thee aside.

4.  When ends life’s transient dream,
When death’s cold, sullen stream
Shall o’er me roll;
Blest Savior, then in love,
Fear and distrust remove;
Oh, bear me safe above,
A ransomed soul!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional 21/12/17 by Sonyworld(m): 4:13pm On Dec 20, 2017
God bless you for this Daily Dose of insight... More grace and blessings

2 Likes

Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional 21/12/17 by Ibukunore06: 2:57am On Dec 21, 2017
��� *LET US PRAY* ���

.. _*THURSDAY, December 21, 2017*_

*PRAYER POINTS*:- _ASHAMED OF YOUR FAITH?._

1. *THANKSGIVINGS* .

2. *INTERCESSIONS/SUPPLICATIONS.*

3. *PRAYERS FROM OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL:*

----- Father, i thank you because *YOU ARE THE RIGHTEOUS REDEEMER*

*_---- Father, I thank you for saving me and for the salvation of my soul....._*

*_---- Father, I Thank You for the today's Devotional message....._*

*_---- Father, I Thank You for Your overwhelming righteousness......_*

*_---- Father, please grant unto me the grace not to be ashamed of You in any given situation, in Jesus Name......_*

*_---- Father, please grant unto me the boldness to declare my faith in every situation I find myself in this world, in Jesus Name......_*

*_------Father, please deliver me from every secret sins and misdeeds, in Jesus name......._*

*_------Father, please help me to live a totally righteous and holy life at all times, in Jesus name......._*

*_---- Father, from today, please help me to radiate and share the gospel of love of Jesus to those around me at any point in time, in Jesus name;......_*

4. *PERSONAL PRAYERS AND OTHER PRAYERS REQUESTS:*
-- (John 16:23 - 24,
-- LUKE 18:1,
-- MATT 7:7 - 8 )......

---- FATHER, I thank you for the answers, for in *JESUS MIGHTY* Name I have Prayed.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional 21/12/17 by dallyemmy: 8:35am On Dec 21, 2017
Prayer Points on Today's Open Heavens: (Wednesday, November 29th,  2017) - REALITIES OF SELFISHNESS 

1.I worship your Majesty, the Omnipotent, Omnipresent and Omniscience God.

2.Father, in anyway, l have fallen short of your glory, please, have mercy and forgive me, in Jesus' name.

3.Father, I plead the blood of Jesus over my spirit, soul and body; please, cleanse me from all unrighteousness, in Jesus' name.

4.Father, empower me to love you, with all my heart, soul, mind and strength, in Jesus' name.

5.Father, give me the grace, to love my neighbour, as myself, in Jesus' name.

6.Father, deliver me from every end time virus of selfishness, pride, covetousness, blasphemy, ingratitude, disobedience, sin, etc, in Jesus' name.

7.Father, remove from my heart, inordinate ambitions and attachment to the mundane things of this world, in Jesus' name.

8.Father, set me free today, from the spirit of self and give me spiritual wisdom and understanding, in Jesus' name.

9.Father, I confess, that I have no power of my own; please, transform me completely, to reflect your full image, in Jesus' name.

10.Father, break me down in every area of my life, that, I am yet to be broken, and remould me to your taste, standard and specification, in Jesus' name.

11.Father, grant all the heart's desires of Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the author of the open heavens daily devotional and general overseer of RCCG, in Jesus' name.

12.Your Personal petitions.
( Philippians 4:6)
13.In Jesus' name I pray.
(John 14:13-14; 15:16)
14.Thank you Father for answered prayers.
(1 Thessalonians 5:18).
#GodBlessOurNation

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News: Jesus Christ Appeared In Winners Chapel Benin City Today. Photos / How Is Nigeria Spiritually, In Terms Of Christianity? / Question Jehovah's Witnesses Can't Answer!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.