Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,892 members, 7,802,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:34 AM

Innoson EFCC Arrest & The GTB Loan: "Innoson Stop Playing The Igbo Tribe Card" - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Innoson EFCC Arrest & The GTB Loan: "Innoson Stop Playing The Igbo Tribe Card" (46338 Views)

Please Explain What Could Be Wrong With The GTB FX Transfer / Bill Gates' Arrest: The 1979 Porsche 911 Car That Got Billionaire Arrested / Innoson EFCC Arrest And The GTB Loan: The Facts Behind The Saga- James Osaremen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Innoson EFCC Arrest & The GTB Loan: "Innoson Stop Playing The Igbo Tribe Card" by Nobody: 11:05pm On Dec 20, 2017
geometricaxis:

Did you not read the part where it said Innoson forged the signatures of 4 GTB officials? This is why EFCC is involved
Re: Innoson EFCC Arrest & The GTB Loan: "Innoson Stop Playing The Igbo Tribe Card" by Inspire08: 11:24pm On Dec 20, 2017
rusher14:

N50 shocked

Your name sef.

Calm down joor...
N50 times 1000 customers( at least) times the number of times they repeatedly do that for no obvious reason? sure u can work that out. it is called soft thiefing
Re: Innoson EFCC Arrest & The GTB Loan: "Innoson Stop Playing The Igbo Tribe Card" by temmytanny(m): 11:43pm On Dec 20, 2017
Jk210:
Since the Innoson and Gtbank brouhaha broke out, I've been curious about the Bank's position especially as they have been silent.

Could this be because they were truly guilty of wrong doing or, is the Bank being blackmailed by Innoson- you know guerilla tactics? I mean why the whole social media campaign on a matter that is strictly a legal issue? Is there something more than meets the eye? Anyway, read the premium times article below and share your thoughts

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/promoted/253089-innoson-efcc-arrest-gtb-loan-facts-behind-saga-james-osaremen.html
personally, i dont belive this story. Banks are very conny and GTB is one of them
Re: Innoson EFCC Arrest & The GTB Loan: "Innoson Stop Playing The Igbo Tribe Card" by maestroferddi: 11:48pm On Dec 20, 2017
GuyfawkesAB:
I'm not sure you have been to the ports before or have been involved in the clearing of goods. There is no shipping or excise document that cannot be forged in Nnewi Building Apapa.

What are you talking about?

Nobody is contesting the possibility that people forge documents.

The issue here is that it is highly improbable that an Innoson would elect to clear landed goods through forged documents.

It is having a Dangote forge documents to clear goods when the company is a very popular brand whose activities are hardly hidden.

Suffices to say there is no way Innoson could have completed/perfected clearing goods with the value quoted without the knowledge of GTB and the authoriries.

There are a lot of holes in this poorly crafted sponsored article.

GT Bank couldnt have financed those LCs without securing the facility with legal mortgages over properties belonging to the promoters of Innoson. Material facts/information pertaining to this particular transaction appear to be disingenuously hidden by the piece to disincline the uninformed from understanding what transpired.

From the look of things, GT Bank got found out.

They apparently didnt choose this battle with proper circumspection.

5 Likes

Re: Innoson EFCC Arrest & The GTB Loan: "Innoson Stop Playing The Igbo Tribe Card" by Saaruman(m): 11:52pm On Dec 20, 2017
Where are those One Nigeria Igbos? Shey una see the one Nigerian treatment against Igbos in Nigeria? You think we IPOB were mad when we insist on Biafra? Continue supporting a failed country. Very soon you and your children will fall victims to the evil machinations of the Islamic rep.
Re: Innoson EFCC Arrest & The GTB Loan: "Innoson Stop Playing The Igbo Tribe Card" by Nobody: 12:01am On Dec 21, 2017
MrHistorian:

Why is it so hard for this set of people to accept their shortcomings?

Why try to preserve an illusionary ego that doesn't even exist?

Innoson compromised its loan agreement and chose to play the 'usual' ethnicity victim card to generate public sympathy that will benefit no one!

Shior.

U conveniently avoided the part where GTBank agreed to pay innoson 500 million naira as part of the money they stole.

U also wouldn't want to talk about High court n Appeal court ruling against innoson.

Continue wit ur useless ideas. grin

1 Like

Re: Innoson EFCC Arrest & The GTB Loan: "Innoson Stop Playing The Igbo Tribe Card" by Nobody: 12:03am On Dec 21, 2017
Daviddson:
I have yet to see any Igbo card being played by Innoson since the saga began. None of his statements so far has any semblance of such. The Igbo card has been slightly played by IPOB remnants who always want to bring in victimisation where none exists.

The way Afonjanistanis love IPOB eh grin
Re: Innoson EFCC Arrest & The GTB Loan: "Innoson Stop Playing The Igbo Tribe Card" by ojlifa: 12:22am On Dec 21, 2017
I carefully read though and under what innoson did.you clearly confirmed that indeed he won a case against gtb to the tune of 4.7billion.that leads me to believe that Gtb thinks they are above the law.this is the second time I would call for the firing of the efcc chairman.innoson should petition the board of gtb and bring this matter up at the AGM and also petition the CBN,then file criminal charges against the MD of the bank in his personal capacity.for trespassing, braking and entering,trait to life and attempted murder. Let him spend some time in jail.as for you the writer,I understand you may be doing your paid job but Nigerians are neither stupid people nor fools,tell your bank to go and pay the man his money and respect court orders as well and stop behaving like gang stars using people's money

Jk210:
Since the Innoson and Gtbank brouhaha broke out, I've been curious about the Bank's position especially as they have been silent.

Could this be because they were truly guilty of wrong doing or, is the Bank being blackmailed by Innoson- you know guerilla tactics? I mean why the whole social media campaign on a matter that is strictly a legal issue? Is there something more than meets the eye? Anyway, read the premium times article below and share your thoughts

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/promoted/253089-innoson-efcc-arrest-gtb-loan-facts-behind-saga-james-osaremen.html

3 Likes

Re: Innoson EFCC Arrest & The GTB Loan: "Innoson Stop Playing The Igbo Tribe Card" by shekauvsbuhari: 12:31am On Dec 21, 2017
Jk210:

You are a slowpoke. Where has Innoson played tribal csrd? Or is it not you taking what onlookrrs are saying as Innoson's statements?

Re: Innoson EFCC Arrest & The GTB Loan: "Innoson Stop Playing The Igbo Tribe Card" by zinaunreal(m): 1:31am On Dec 21, 2017
Is my money safe?
Re: Innoson EFCC Arrest & The GTB Loan: "Innoson Stop Playing The Igbo Tribe Card" by maestroferddi: 1:52am On Dec 21, 2017
geometricaxis:

Helping their case before who? Did GTB report the matter to social media or Nairaland? Ive told you reputable people do their things differently. If Innoson wasnt afraid and felt he had a case he wouldnt be going on Tv shouting trying to whip up sentiment. Learn one thing about life, the people who make the most noise are the most insecure, the man who wants you to know or think he has money probably doesnt have as much as he is potarying...Dangote does not make noise about his money, Real Big men dont go around in sirens, they hate attention, those who do are trying to let you know..again a sign of insecurity. A beautiful woman does not need to tell the world she is beautiful, we have eyes and she knows we have eyes, if she does, it's a sign she's insecure. GTB is not making noise says to me they are confident in their case and are managed by classy people.....Capiche?

The kind of people who will move their account over this kind of stuff are the kind of people who have no money. The kind of people GTB cant afford to lose are not fickle minded, reactionary tribal bigots. If 50, 000 poor Ibos moved their N20,000 average balance, the total impact is N1b for a bank with market cap of N1.9 trillion and assets if N3trillion and made N42B in profit last year. If you ask me, I dont think they give a sh*t if you boycott them. Like i said the Ibo customers they care about dont make decisions based on tribe. Even Innoson with all his wahala is still a customer!!!
Most of you guys just come online to make assertions on issues you have no clues about...

Let me assume you are visually impaired or that your sense of sight is incommoded by parallax error else you ought to have to seen references to sundry judgements obtained by Innoson at several courts of competent jurisdiction as per this case.

If GT Bank had a water-tight/cast-iron case against Innoson as you want us to believe, why did they resort to the quasi self-help of using the notorious EFCC to arm-twist/terrorize/cow browbeat a reputable customer from pursuing his inalienable rights?

You were quick to accuse Innoson of trying to whip up sentiments by being open to the media. Yet every man and his dog in this country knows that ithe EFCC only functions by media trial. The more reason incompetence, unprofessionalism, cluelessness define the agency.

If you know anything about import financing, letters of credit/documentary credit and debt recovery in banking, you wouldnt have been at pains seeing through GT Bank's web of lies and fabrications, all in an attempt to hoodwink the public against blatant professional, ethical and fiducial recklessness.

2 Likes

Re: Innoson EFCC Arrest & The GTB Loan: "Innoson Stop Playing The Igbo Tribe Card" by dejovu: 2:14am On Dec 21, 2017
that forgery part of GTB story is a lie...addonbilivit
Re: Innoson EFCC Arrest & The GTB Loan: "Innoson Stop Playing The Igbo Tribe Card" by shellworker: 2:55am On Dec 21, 2017
You heard one part of the story and drew your conclusions...that's wrong! Biased mind can't take us anywhere.

MrHistorian:

Innoson compromised its loan agreement and chose to play the 'usual' ethnicity victim card to generate public sympathy that will benefit no one!

Shior.
Re: Innoson EFCC Arrest & The GTB Loan: "Innoson Stop Playing The Igbo Tribe Card" by tealaw(m): 3:25am On Dec 21, 2017
Yorubas:
Otedola: successful at business
Adenuga: successful at business
Alakija: successful at business

Hausas:
Dangote: successful at business
Rabiu: him mark register too

Now, may I ask? What's wrong with this loud mouthed igbo scums.

The first and single attempt of an igboman to start somethg tangible turns into national desaster.
Boasters, vain empty barrels.
Re: Innoson EFCC Arrest & The GTB Loan: "Innoson Stop Playing The Igbo Tribe Card" by anonimi: 3:35am On Dec 21, 2017

2 Likes

Re: Innoson EFCC Arrest & The GTB Loan: "Innoson Stop Playing The Igbo Tribe Card" by Bbklopsy: 4:47am On Dec 21, 2017
Abundance of lies in liars regime
Re: Innoson EFCC Arrest & The GTB Loan: "Innoson Stop Playing The Igbo Tribe Card" by winterfell007(m): 5:00am On Dec 21, 2017
MrHistorian:

Shior.

My brother i'm igbo too. But these sorts of things embarassed me. Why must always plays the victim's mentality. That's why my people loose out in political equation. We attach too much enthic sentiments

1 Like

Re: Innoson EFCC Arrest & The GTB Loan: "Innoson Stop Playing The Igbo Tribe Card" by emmie14: 5:35am On Dec 21, 2017
BORNTOSUCKPUSSY:
Useless article ..afonjas feeling the heat gasping for breath ndi ara
Honestly I got to know that GTB belong to Yorubas yesterday. I choose to bank with Fidelity because I had a transaction issues and they assisted with fairness. I never knew tribalism affects banks in Nigeria. Shame Nigeria...i weep for you.
Innocent chose to bsnk with GTB possibly because of the nearness or another special interest but things have gone bitter and Yorubas are shouting ipob or Igbo card....insanity suspected. Both business organizations are independent. There capital and profit and lost is meant for the owners not for igbos not for Yorubas. Stop wasting your time and focus on issues that brings progress in your own life. The government of Nigeria is not for all citizens likewise gtbank likewise innoson.
Re: Innoson EFCC Arrest & The GTB Loan: "Innoson Stop Playing The Igbo Tribe Card" by obilee007: 5:59am On Dec 21, 2017
Am sure these man osare is in china not Lagos if not how can he say a bill of laden under gtb name can be forged and cleared by another's person and still take them to court and the same court awarded 8billion against gtb oga talk another story
Re: Innoson EFCC Arrest & The GTB Loan: "Innoson Stop Playing The Igbo Tribe Card" by GallantGalaxy: 6:10am On Dec 21, 2017
Man owes bank money come they blackmail bank with tribal nonsense.

9ja big and small always wanting to cheat and blackmail. Make GT stay on course with criminal forgery. People who act like this need to be named and shamed. The audacity of it all.

Him get 2 heads. Nigerian banks need to learn to put a lien on large sums see

1 Like

Re: Innoson EFCC Arrest & The GTB Loan: "Innoson Stop Playing The Igbo Tribe Card" by DSoj(m): 7:43am On Dec 21, 2017
edupedia:

...typical IPOB reaction...my tribe man cannot be wrong...everyone else is...your mumu will have no end...

FOOOL!! I AM AN IJEBU MAN.
Re: Innoson EFCC Arrest & The GTB Loan: "Innoson Stop Playing The Igbo Tribe Card" by odomanis: 7:48am On Dec 21, 2017
narutop:
What's all this.
Can anyone point out where Innoson played the tribal card?

How can a business transaction take a tribal tone like this, i guess its only on nairaland this can happen.

I tire o !
Re: Innoson EFCC Arrest & The GTB Loan: "Innoson Stop Playing The Igbo Tribe Card" by fortunejum: 8:05am On Dec 21, 2017
The truth shall prevail
Re: Innoson EFCC Arrest & The GTB Loan: "Innoson Stop Playing The Igbo Tribe Card" by adedehinbo(m): 8:10am On Dec 21, 2017
if you see any Igbo man being successful than his counterparts in their business,check him very well he has a fraudulent activity behind his success, that was how one of them was arrested not long stealing Lagos state cables and sells it off,everyone who sees them driving luxurious cars would be wondering if it isn't the same work we doing not knowing what is behind 6 is much more than what is behind 7 check it
Re: Innoson EFCC Arrest & The GTB Loan: "Innoson Stop Playing The Igbo Tribe Card" by Kennato(m): 8:59am On Dec 21, 2017
This write up is just the opposite of Innosons narrations.
Re: Innoson EFCC Arrest & The GTB Loan: "Innoson Stop Playing The Igbo Tribe Card" by Claumy2(m): 10:17am On Dec 21, 2017
"2. Under the loan terms agreed by Dr. Innocent Chukwuma on behalf of Innoson, proprietary interest in the Imported Goods was consigned exclusively in favour of the Bank. This means that the Bank was the exclusive owner of the Imported Goods. Accordingly, the original shipping documents (i.e. the Bills of Lading) were in the custody of the Bank, and have remained in the custody of the Bank at all times.

3. Because GTBank was the exclusive owner of the imported goods, ownership of the goods could only be transferred to Innoson (or any other third party) by the Bank. The condition in the agreement between the Bank and Innoson, for the release of the Imported Goods by the Bank to Innoson, was the payment of 25% of the value of each Letter of Credit transaction by Innoson.
"

From the above, it is glaring that the writer of this jargon is hired to write this nonsense...
Re: Innoson EFCC Arrest & The GTB Loan: "Innoson Stop Playing The Igbo Tribe Card" by Jesusloveyou: 11:33am On Dec 21, 2017
Thisis2raw:
I think buhari started this tribalism menace, when he made that 5% speech
is that enough reason to support your criminal kinsman?

1 Like

Re: Innoson EFCC Arrest & The GTB Loan: "Innoson Stop Playing The Igbo Tribe Card" by Jesusloveyou: 11:38am On Dec 21, 2017
maestroferddi:
What are you talking about?

Nobody is contesting the possibility that people forge documents.

The issue here is that it is highly improbable that an Innoson would elect to clear landed goods through forged documents.

It is having a Dangote forge documents to clear goods when the company is a very popular brand whose activities are hardly hidden.

Suffices to say there is no way Innoson could have completed/perfected clearing goods with the value quoted without the knowledge of GTB and the authoriries.

There are a lot of holes in this poorly crafted sponsored article.

GT Bank couldnt have financed those LCs without securing the facility with legal mortgages over properties belonging to the promoters of Innoson. Material facts/information pertaining to this particular transaction appear to be disingenuously hidden by the piece to disincline the uninformed from understanding what transpired.

From the look of things, GT Bank got found out.

They apparently didnt choose this battle with proper circumspection.

all this forging happened in the era of your ineffectual buffoon

1 Like

Re: Innoson EFCC Arrest & The GTB Loan: "Innoson Stop Playing The Igbo Tribe Card" by maestroferddi: 12:03pm On Dec 21, 2017
Jesusloveyou:
all this forging happened in the era of your ineffectual buffoon
And your supporter of APC government has been asleep all along only to wake up suddenly to chase shadows.

A futile attempt to circumvent the inevitable: sending the anachronistic mistake of a leader back to the remotest reaches of northern Nigeria in 2019.
Re: Innoson EFCC Arrest & The GTB Loan: "Innoson Stop Playing The Igbo Tribe Card" by Jogs1900: 12:44pm On Dec 21, 2017
What most people don't know is that it is the banking application that charged him.Once you default or you don't service your loan,the penalty will be increasing astronomically... The interest can be waived but not.the principal.
rusher14:

Why not?

The 500 million is the interest not the principal.

Considering their long standing relationship the interest can be overlooked but certainly not the principal.

1 Like

Re: Innoson EFCC Arrest & The GTB Loan: "Innoson Stop Playing The Igbo Tribe Card" by Thisis2raw(m): 1:40pm On Dec 21, 2017
Jesusloveyou:
is that enough reason to support your criminal kinsman?
sorry my kinsman is not criminal, Im sure yours is

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline / Adegoke Olubusi, Bolatito Ovia, Dimeji Sofowora Who Launched Helium Health / Nigeria's Four Refineries To Begin Operation Next Month - NNPC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.