Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,906 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:55 AM

Statement By The EFCC After Granting Bail To The CEO Of Innoson Motors - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Statement By The EFCC After Granting Bail To The CEO Of Innoson Motors (38102 Views)

Meet Precious Nwosu, The CEO Of Pians Enterprise / Police Fire Tear Gas At Innoson Motors Workers, GTB Moves To Shut Down Factory / The War Between GTBank And Innoson Motors Explained By Adeyanju Deji (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Statement By The EFCC After Granting Bail To The CEO Of Innoson Motors by Nobody: 8:56am On Dec 21, 2017
VERDA:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/promoted/248936-innoson-vs-gtbank-no-application-issuance-bench-warrant-innocent-chukwuma.html
This was in November

Even in the press release, they couldn't deny the stay of prosecution dismissed by the appeal court
Re: Statement By The EFCC After Granting Bail To The CEO Of Innoson Motors by NightHawke: 9:00am On Dec 21, 2017
For now i see two issues here and each party should see their case through:

1. Innoson Motors is claiming refund of excess charges on their account with GTB.

a) Both parties requested an external auditor to audit the account/s in question. Its findings and reports were acceptable to both parties.

b) This obviously is resolvable unless the culpable party here is shying away from the truth and with no intent of honoring the outcome of the forensic report on the said account/s.

2. If Innoson as argued by GTB got fraudulent waivers then the arm of the law in charge should go ahead and provide evidence/s to corroborate their claim and if justified sue in a competent court of law and allow the case to see itself through without interference.

a) The accused parties should have their day in court

b) If found guilty their are penalties under the law for such an offence.

Finally Innoson legal team should step up their defence.
The matter is public knowledge and their is that possibility of tarnishing the image of the company.
If all this is a malicious attempt to achieve that then the perpetrators have failed ab-initio.

In same vain its not late for an out of court settlement if their is a case of toxic loan that can be resheduled with a view of keeping Innosson as a company afloat.

The Ford's, Fiat's, Volkswagen, Peugeot at one time or the other had headline cases that was bad PR but public interest interestingly prevailed.
Re: Statement By The EFCC After Granting Bail To The CEO Of Innoson Motors by anonimi: 9:03am On Dec 21, 2017
adedehinbo:
if this is what u bring out to justify Yoruba's as fraudsters I think I will also bring out links numbering in thousands of Igbo's being detained, executed for drug,fraudulent related issues,wherever u see an Igbo man its either he is planning to commit a crime or he just finished commiting a crime,spits on u

Alagba, you don't need to spit on me or anyone.
Simply look in the mirror and see that you are no different from the objects of your tribal hatred. Individuals in each tribe commit crimes, so....
Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Statement By The EFCC After Granting Bail To The CEO Of Innoson Motors by nawtyme: 9:03am On Dec 21, 2017
greiboy:
check again
There is a criminal case against inoson which he got a stay of proceedings for in the high court. Thus, the initial withdrawal of the prosecutor. The federal appeal court dismissed the stay, while the legal proceedings continued. Then inoson went to supreme court to stop the investigation, but yet to receive any positive response.

Nonetheless, the police continued with their investigation as allowed by appeal court , but mr inoson refused to cooperate. Hence, the commado style arrest.
I am not sure where you are getting these from. Because what I am reading and what I had been reading never mentioned that the police went ahead with the investigation.
Let's not assume things. Give me a link where the police withdrew from the case stating that they did so because there was a court injunction asking them to do so.
Give me a link where the police said they were still investigating innoson for the alleged forgery.
Re: Statement By The EFCC After Granting Bail To The CEO Of Innoson Motors by Nobody: 9:09am On Dec 21, 2017
nawtyme:

I am not sure where you are getting these from. Because what I am reading and what I had been reading never mentioned that the police went ahead with the investigation.
Let's not assume things. Give me a link where the police withdrew from the case stating that they did so because there was a court injunction asking them to do so.
Give me a link where the police said they were still investigating innoson for the alleged forgery.
read the article bro

There was a document in that report where the police withdrew in 2016.

If you think there is no court injunction, how come the case got to appeal. Why did gt bank go to appeal.

A case can only move from high court to appeal court to supreme court in Nigeria

Have you seen or read gt part of the story.
Re: Statement By The EFCC After Granting Bail To The CEO Of Innoson Motors by zero8zero(m): 9:12am On Dec 21, 2017
sekundosekundo:
He jumped bail...hahahahahaha another one.
You're only being sarcastic. Read the full statement slowly, he was said to have jumped bail.
Re: Statement By The EFCC After Granting Bail To The CEO Of Innoson Motors by bornolowu(m): 9:13am On Dec 21, 2017
The question is what business has EFCC got in a transaction between GTB and Innoson .... madness in this country!!
May God help us in this country!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Statement By The EFCC After Granting Bail To The CEO Of Innoson Motors by Uglyojuku: 9:13am On Dec 21, 2017
Uchihaitaci:

You are a slowpoke, read all my past posts before commenting on one. i was responding in kind to a very tribalistic attack. Dont be daft man!!!

I will advise you not to be daft too.Thought you are one of those pushing for endGTB tag.The resultant effect might not be palatable to bothYorubas and Igbos.GTB had been helping a lot of Igbo bizness men to stand on their feet and prosper,I do not know why a little altercation like this will facilitate some people playing the ethnic card. Igbos should remember that Yorubas own,rule,dominate and conntrol Lagos and this is where the Igbos had made it more than anywhere in the world.Tell me what will happen if you are told not to open your shops for 2 months or more.
A tiger never shouts its tigritude.
Re: Statement By The EFCC After Granting Bail To The CEO Of Innoson Motors by 2016v2017: 9:14am On Dec 21, 2017
BeijinDossier:
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has released the statement below announcing the release of Innocent Chukwuma, the chief executive officer of Innoson Motors.

The businessman was released on bail, the EFCC said.

READ FULL STATEMENT BY THE EFCC BELOW

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has released Nnewi, Anambra-State born Industrialist, Chief Innocent Chukwuma on bail.

The business man who runs a local auto assembly plant was arrested on Tuesday December 19, 2017 at his Enugu residence, following his refusal to respond to invitations by the Commission, after initially being granted administrative bail by the Commission, while his surety could also not be found.

Unfortunately the industrialist resisted arrest and stirred controversy by bringing six truck-loads of thugs to block the entrance to his Plot W1, Industrial Layout, Abakaliki Road, Emeni, Enugu, home.

This was after he initially misled the Police Command by informing them that his home had been invaded by armed robbers and kidnappers despite the fact that operatives of the Commission duly identified themselves to policemen guarding his home.

His unruly thugs encircled and manhandled operatives of the Commission who had gone to effect the arrest.

Consequently, a distress call was sent to the Commission’s Enugu Office for reinforcement.

In all of this, the Commission’s operatives acted with decorum and civility. No one was manhandled or assaulted by the EFCC team, and not a single shot was fired, despite the provocation.

Chief Chukwuma and his brother, Charles Chukwuma (who is still at large), are being investigated by the Insurance and Capital Market Fraud Section of the Commission’s office in Lagos over matters bordering on N1, 478, 366, 859.66 fraud and forgery.

The industrialist, among other infractions, allegedly used forged documents to secure tax waivers.

Wilson Uwujaren
Head, Media & Publicity
20th December, 2017

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/253136-breaking-innoson-boss-innocent-chukwuma-released-bail.html/amp
EFCC,no single Nigerian that doesn't know you have lied again
Re: Statement By The EFCC After Granting Bail To The CEO Of Innoson Motors by 2016v2017: 9:15am On Dec 21, 2017
pooh
Re: Statement By The EFCC After Granting Bail To The CEO Of Innoson Motors by Nobody: 9:17am On Dec 21, 2017
Uglyojuku:

I will advise you not to be daft too.Thought you are one of those pushing for endGTB tag.The resultant effect might not be palatable to bothYorubas and Igbos.GTB had been helping a lot of Igbo bizness men to stand on their feet and prosper,I do not know why a little altercation like this will facilitate some people playing the ethnic card. Igbos should remember that Yorubas own,rule,dominate and conntrol Lagos and this is where the Igbos had made it more than anywhere in the world.Tell me what will happen if you are told not to open your shops for 2 months or more.
A tiger never shouts its tigritude.
Are you mad ?

I think you are totally insane... Read my comments again you big f00l.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Statement By The EFCC After Granting Bail To The CEO Of Innoson Motors by Nobody: 9:19am On Dec 21, 2017
nawtyme:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/promoted/253089-innoson-efcc-arrest-gtb-loan-facts-behind-saga-james-osaremen.html
Re: Statement By The EFCC After Granting Bail To The CEO Of Innoson Motors by Awoleesu(m): 9:21am On Dec 21, 2017
tribalistseun:
Gtbbank is dead already their burial is on 2nd of january, be there.

As for EFCC they are fast in arresting or chasing SS and SE people. But babachir lawal that even osibande have declared a thief, efcc doesn't want to touch him. Mainagate, BaruGate, Ikoyi Gate and Ameachi loot when will EFCC do the needful.

Any EFCC officials that cross that bridge should be made to disappear into thin air.
"SE and SS... Ikoyigate... Amaechi bla-bla-bla...". Oga pause and check ya post again.
Re: Statement By The EFCC After Granting Bail To The CEO Of Innoson Motors by peacenaija(m): 9:21am On Dec 21, 2017
Diiet:

Innoson is the one handling this issue poorly.
He's the one playing the tribal card instead of providing details of how the repayment of the loan he took from the bank was made. His inability to do that is a pointer that he hasn't payback his debt?

GTB also leveled a deadly allegation against him, that he forged the signature of its staffs to secure some of his goods at the port.Believe me, no bank will be willing to be partner in business with him because of this.

lol.. if GTB claim about the forgery of those documents were right, how did innosun then manage to win the cases at the appellate court and high court?
Trust me, those allegations are damn serious and an average lawyer will win that. There are a lot about this case and why is GTB still silent?
you really think other banks won't wanna have innosun as their customer, if that's what you think then no point to continue arguing .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Statement By The EFCC After Granting Bail To The CEO Of Innoson Motors by 2016v2017: 9:24am On Dec 21, 2017
tribalistseun:

As for EFCC they are fast in arresting or chasing SS and SE people. But babachir lawal that even osibande have declared a thief, efcc doesn't want to touch him. Mainagate, BaruGate, Ikoyi Gate and Ameachi loot when will EFCC do the needful.

Any EFCC officials that cross that bridge should be made to disappear into thin air.
Endorsed✌
Re: Statement By The EFCC After Granting Bail To The CEO Of Innoson Motors by 2016v2017: 9:27am On Dec 21, 2017
peacenaija:

lol.. if GTB claim about the forgery of those documents were right, how did innosun then manage to win the cases at the appellate court and high court?
Trust me, those allegations are damn serious and an average lawyer will win that. There are a lot about this case and why is GTB still silent?
you really think other banks won't wanna have innosun as their customer, if that's what you think then no point to continue arguing .
he just need someone to educate him

1 Like

Re: Statement By The EFCC After Granting Bail To The CEO Of Innoson Motors by 2016v2017: 9:28am On Dec 21, 2017
dubemnaija:
If GTB like, make them arrest chukwuma with heavenly Army, they must repay those billions they stole from innoson.

GTB is the official bank of APC, hence the high wickedness and stealing
Re: Statement By The EFCC After Granting Bail To The CEO Of Innoson Motors by 2016v2017: 9:29am On Dec 21, 2017
Episteme2:
EFCC, They are always good at lying in all their press statement.
Re: Statement By The EFCC After Granting Bail To The CEO Of Innoson Motors by 2016v2017: 9:29am On Dec 21, 2017
jamesibor:

They messed with the wrong people. Sadly, GTB will pay dearly for this.
Re: Statement By The EFCC After Granting Bail To The CEO Of Innoson Motors by dukecharles(m): 9:29am On Dec 21, 2017
#Istandwithinnoson
Re: Statement By The EFCC After Granting Bail To The CEO Of Innoson Motors by 2016v2017: 9:30am On Dec 21, 2017
SalamRushdie:
The EFCC meant the arrested him commando style over tax waivers granted a decade ago ? grin grin hahahaha i smell the hand of that satanic herdsman abeg , this is his silly modus operando when he wants to prove a silly political point
Re: Statement By The EFCC After Granting Bail To The CEO Of Innoson Motors by 2016v2017: 9:30am On Dec 21, 2017
dukecharles:
#Istandwithinnoson
#EFCCANDGTBMUSTAPOLOGIZE

1 Like

Re: Statement By The EFCC After Granting Bail To The CEO Of Innoson Motors by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:30am On Dec 21, 2017
tribalistseun:

leave SS out of this madness

show me the number of SS persons arrested by the EFCC for corruption....
In SS we conduct ourselves responsibly
Re: Statement By The EFCC After Granting Bail To The CEO Of Innoson Motors by Nobody: 9:31am On Dec 21, 2017
BeijinDossier:
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has released the statement below announcing the release of Innocent Chukwuma, the chief executive officer of Innoson Motors.

The businessman was released on bail, the EFCC said.

READ FULL STATEMENT BY THE EFCC BELOW

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has released Nnewi, Anambra-State born Industrialist, Chief Innocent Chukwuma on bail.

The business man who runs a local auto assembly plant was arrested on Tuesday December 19, 2017 at his Enugu residence, following his refusal to respond to invitations by the Commission, after initially being granted administrative bail by the Commission, while his surety could also not be found.

Unfortunately the industrialist resisted arrest and stirred controversy by bringing six truck-loads of thugs to block the entrance to his Plot W1, Industrial Layout, Abakaliki Road, Emeni, Enugu, home.

This was after he initially misled the Police Command by informing them that his home had been invaded by armed robbers and kidnappers despite the fact that operatives of the Commission duly identified themselves to policemen guarding his home.

His unruly thugs encircled and manhandled operatives of the Commission who had gone to effect the arrest.

Consequently, a distress call was sent to the Commission’s Enugu Office for reinforcement.

In all of this, the Commission’s operatives acted with decorum and civility. No one was manhandled or assaulted by the EFCC team, and not a single shot was fired, despite the provocation.

Chief Chukwuma and his brother, Charles Chukwuma (who is still at large), are being investigated by the Insurance and Capital Market Fraud Section of the Commission’s office in Lagos over matters bordering on N1, 478, 366, 859.66 fraud and forgery.

The industrialist, among other infractions, allegedly used forged documents to secure tax waivers.

Wilson Uwujaren
Head, Media & Publicity
20th December, 2017

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/253136-breaking-innoson-boss-innocent-chukwuma-released-bail.html/amp
SHAREWIDE: NOW THAT GTB BANK HAS ACTED THE SCRIPT!

Many of you would not know why Innoson is persecuted under the smokescreen of GTB nonsense. He was asked to relocate his automobile production plant to Lagos, he refused and insists to adhere to Ojukwu's counsel to Nnewi sons "not to move their investments outside Nnewi".

Later on, Nigeria Air force lured him with the contract of refurbishing their aging aircrafts and requested he executed that contract in Kaduna by moving down his Igbo engineers and sections of his company down to Kaduna, he refused. Later on, Air force haven seen the necessity of bringing down their dilapidated aircrafts down to Nnewi, were forced to do so as western countries could not help in the refurbishment. Innoson beyond Nigeria Government's expectations, gave the previously written off aircrafts, a new lives.

Being afraid of what is happening in Eastern Nigeria and the glamorous tech ongoing in Innoson, FG under Buhari decided to punish Innoson for his refusal to relocate to Lagos or Kaduna where his company will be sensor properly. The first punishment was series of seizure of his raw materials in wharf by the custom despite import waiver given to him by the Good luck led government.

Secondly, the 30% policy of buying IVM products by Nigeria government and her agencies by Jonathan Government was cancelled by Buhari. They had accused him of importing arms before just to crush him as they did to Ibeto, but to no avail. Buhari believes Innoson can manufacture arms for Biafrans to fight Nigeria. If he could refurbished war gunships, he could manufacture arms and armoured personnel carriers for Biafrans.

GTB BANK is just a smokescreen, they want to kill him for refusing their order!

But all Biafrans should BOYCOTT GTBank for trying to help the Nigerian government bring down Innoson. They should close all accounts they have with them. This bank is evil.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Statement By The EFCC After Granting Bail To The CEO Of Innoson Motors by suremanpatriot: 9:35am On Dec 21, 2017
I didnt here court order or bench warrant. Wht manner of law enforcemt is theseffc? This ppl better be called to order otherwise we dont want savages allover. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Statement By The EFCC After Granting Bail To The CEO Of Innoson Motors by 2016v2017: 9:38am On Dec 21, 2017
chisco82:

Many of you would not know why Innoson is persecuted under the smokescreen of GTB nonsense. He was asked to relocate his automobile production plant to Lagos, he refused and insists to adhere to Ojukwu's counsel to Nnewi sons "not to move their investments outside Nnewi".

Later on, Nigeria Air force lured him with the contract of refurbishing their aging aircrafts and requested he executed that contract in Kaduna by moving down his Igbo engineers and sections of his company down to Kaduna, he refused. Later on, Air force haven seen the necessity of bringing down their dilapidated aircrafts down to Nnewi, were forced to do so as western countries could not help in the refurbishment. Innoson beyond Nigeria Government's expectations, gave the previously written off aircrafts, a new lives.

Being afraid of what is happening in Eastern Nigeria and the glamorous tech ongoing in Innoson, FG under Buhari decided to punish Innoson for his refusal to relocate to Lagos or Kaduna where his company will be sensor properly. The first punishment was series of seizure of his raw materials in wharf by the custom despite import waiver given to him by the Good luck led government.

Secondly, the 30% policy of buying IVM products by Nigeria government and her agencies by Jonathan Government was cancelled by Buhari. They had accused him of importing arms before just to crush him as they did to Ibeto, but to no avail. Buhari believes Innoson can manufacture arms for Biafrans to fight Nigeria. If he could refurbished war gunships, he could manufacture arms and armoured personnel carriers for Biafrans.

But all Biafrans should BOYCOTT GTBank for trying to help the Nigerian government bring down Innoson. They should close all accounts they have with them. This bank is evil.
you have said it all.
it's nothing but the truth
every lover of Igbo land should not waste time in dumping GTB
Re: Statement By The EFCC After Granting Bail To The CEO Of Innoson Motors by Nobody: 9:39am On Dec 21, 2017
So they actually counted the trucks and identified that it was laoded with thugs, but can't categorically state the offence. Besides are you saying tax evasion? and if you are why are you using Insurance and Capital market, are you avoiding a name of a popular Corporation?

This aint no statement at all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Statement By The EFCC After Granting Bail To The CEO Of Innoson Motors by Nobody: 9:44am On Dec 21, 2017
Have u noticed GTB has not come out clearly to state what crime innoson committed,because it can be used against them;rather it's EFCC that is now their spokesperson.
Magu is a political liability now and GTB will never recover from this
It will always be known as an anti igbo Bank.long after APC is dead and buried.

education is not wisdom
Re: Statement By The EFCC After Granting Bail To The CEO Of Innoson Motors by Nobody: 9:46am On Dec 21, 2017
chisco82:

it might be a conspiracy theory but it makes sense
Re: Statement By The EFCC After Granting Bail To The CEO Of Innoson Motors by Melkizedeck: 10:02am On Dec 21, 2017
Lightening:

See the scathing press release. " The business man who runs a local auto assembly plant". This statement belies the reason for the EFCC's failed attempt to humiliate Innoson. Let Buhari and his nonproductive cabal go and start their own auto assembly plant too. Sheer jealousy.

You are very smart. They just hate his success. perhaps they want to tell him he is being watched!
Re: Statement By The EFCC After Granting Bail To The CEO Of Innoson Motors by Melkizedeck: 10:16am On Dec 21, 2017
Diiet:
Innoson must pay his debts.

And with the way innoson played a smart one on GTB, no bank in this country should offer him loan again.

A debtor claiming right. Wonders shall never end.

He's being investigated for fraud and forgery, nobody should cry for him.
I know Nigeria very well bro. If Innoson was this guilty as you have typed, they would have closed his business a long time ago!
Re: Statement By The EFCC After Granting Bail To The CEO Of Innoson Motors by Neoteny(m): 10:35am On Dec 21, 2017
jamesibor:

Oh, but GTB prayed to the court that if they paid innoson his judgement debt, they'd collapse but Neoteny from Makoko thinks otherwise.

Show me where GT said that

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Cleaning / N200 Per Dollar Proposal: Ifeanyi Ubah Stakes N500bn Assets / South Africa Attacks: DSTV Call Center Now Unavailable.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.