Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,290 members, 7,780,667 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:01 PM

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos - Politics (122) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2022136 Views)

Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) / ABIA STATE: Updates On Developments- Pictures / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) ... (1302) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by OMANBALA1: 7:36pm On Aug 12, 2018
TundeBricklayer:
Obiano has completed oxygen production plant in COOU, he's erecting new structure in the hospital

That teaching hospital need more work and I doubt it's completely equipped. More grass in the environment and maintenance of compound is needed.

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by OMANBALA1: 7:40pm On Aug 12, 2018
TundeBricklayer:
State government is constructing access road from express to link estates at the back of Women development Awka, it's Swampy area.

The gutters looks like a place where mosquitoes will grow. It looks very dirty and people are supposed to live there ? What does it cost to build underground drainages ?

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Obdk: 7:42pm On Aug 12, 2018
nnamdijonathan:

do they produce the beverages there or the place is a wear house?

TundeBricklayer:

Coscharis Beverages Ltd Office in Opp. Bishop Uzodike Memorial Seminary umudim Nnewi

Coscharis is a shame to Nnewi people. He does not own even botle water factory in Nnewi, but his pure water is one of d highest selling in nnewi
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by hammer6F: 7:44pm On Aug 12, 2018
OMANBALA1:

The gutters looks like a place where mosquitoes will grow. It looks very dirty and people are supposed to live there ? What does it cost to build underground drainages ?

I ONCE LOVED THE EAST BUT WITH THE WAY THEY ARE GOING WITH GUTTERS EVERY WHERE, I FIT NO GO EAST AGAIN.

THERE IS NOTHING, I HATE MORE THAN GUTTERS.

I DID NOT GROW UP WITH SUCH AROUND AND WEN EVER I VISIT A PLACE WITH OPEN GUTTER, I DONT FEEL LIKE EATING ANYTHING THERE.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Fatherofdragons: 8:03pm On Aug 12, 2018
hammer6F:

I ONCE LOVED THE EAST BUT WITH THE WAY THEY ARE GOING WITH GUTTERS EVERY WHERE, I FIT NO GO EAST AGAIN.

I DID NOT GROW UP WITH SUCH AROUND AND WEN EVER I VISIT A PLACE WITH OPEN GUTTER, I DONT FEEL LIKE EATING ANYTHING THERE.

I so much hate this open gutters ehhh, it's such an eyesore.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 8:09pm On Aug 12, 2018
Obrigado with the update,
It is heartwarming seeing work recommence on the icc.
How do we solve the open gutter quagmire?
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by horsepower101: 8:12pm On Aug 12, 2018
Fatherofdragons:

I so much hate this open gutters ehhh, it's such an eyesore.

I think hate for open gutters is something every one can agree on yet our governors keep building them.

If I was running for governorship in a close election race, my campaign will adopt the slogan “ We will close all open gutters”

My opponent will lose the race instantly.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 9:50pm On Aug 12, 2018
hammer6F:

That means u are not ready to come to Nigeria in general because, even Banana Island and Ikoyi in Lagos state have open gutters even with the level of wealth in those areas.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 9:58pm On Aug 12, 2018
horsepower101:

I think hate for open gutters is something every one can agree on yet our governors keep building them.

If I was running for governorship in a close election race, my campaign will adopt the slogan “ We will close all open gutters”

My opponent will lose the race instantly.

If I here? to win an election in Nigeria, u need to be in the preferred political party of the people. Closing the open gutters in Anambra will cost so much money and there are many more projects that are more important than closing up gutters like paving all the roads in the state, adequate and efficient supply of potable water, connecting the rural communities to the power grid etc. We even need to start tree planting before we commence the covering of the gutters.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by NonsoWow: 10:03pm On Aug 12, 2018
nnamdijonathan:

If I here? to win an election in Nigeria, u need to be in the preferred political party of the people. Closing the open gutters in Anambra will cost so much money and there are many more projects that are more important than closing up gutters like paving all the roads in the state, adequate and efficient supply of potable water, connecting the rural communities to the power grid etc. We even need to start tree planting before we commence the covering of the gutters.
Talk about how Imo state girls can stop prostitution first before talking of planting trees in anambra. That is more important. The rate of HIV in Igboland is on the increase just because Imo girls are generally harlots.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 10:29pm On Aug 12, 2018
NonsoWow:
Talk about how Imo state girls can stop prostitution first before talking of planting trees in anambra. That is more important. The rate of HIV in Igboland is on the increase just because Imo girls are generally harlots.

what is this one saying?

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Cjrane2: 12:00am On Aug 13, 2018
hammer6F:

I also hate open gutters, but its better than no gutter at all. Else we will be washed off by flooding and erosion. Even the open gutters are sometimes too small to contain the volume of water required. i bet you using storm pipes in the east, they will use some tiny pipes which will be blocked by sand because we love to do substandard stuff.

Eastern Nigeria is within a belt of some of the heaviest rainfall zones in the world. Therefore, it MUST rain in SE Nigeria whether we prepare for the resultant flood water or not. Thus, we must take the issue of providing gutters in every road and every street very very seriously.

Safely channeling runoff water and demarcating flood channels in the SE is a priority that must be taken more seriously than our people realize, else land and lives will be lost to nature and rainfall perpetually.

In America, areas and cities with very high rainfall which are prone to flooding have deep canals between major roads passing through the city. That way, flood water is contained and safely channeled into the nearby river or stream. In Nigeria we don't make provision for flood water to flow into the river because everyone is building like crazy, until the floods wash away homes and kills people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=putValgbbwQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghWZzlV4lJ8

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 1:16am On Aug 13, 2018
Cjrane2:

I also hate open gutters, but its better than no gutter at all. Else we will be washed off by flooding and erosion. Even the open gutters are sometimes too small to contain the volume of water required. i bet you using storm pipes in the east, they will use some tiny pipes which will be blocked by sand because we love to do substandard stuff.

Eastern Nigeria is within a belt of some of the heaviest rainfall zones in the world. Therefore, it MUST rain in SE Nigeria whether we prepare for the resultant flood water or not. Thus, we must take the issue of providing gutters in every road and every street very very seriously.

Safely channeling runoff water and demarcating flood channels in the SE is a priority that must be taken more seriously than our people realize, else land and lives will be lost to nature and rainfall perpetually.

In America, areas and cities with very high rainfall which are prone to flooding have deep canals between major roads passing through the city. That way, flood water is contained and safely channeled into the nearby river or stream. In Nigeria we don't make provision for flood water to flow into the river because everyone is building like crazy, until the floods wash away homes and kills people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=putValgbbwQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghWZzlV4lJ8

we already have something similar those canals in ur pics at the upper iweka highway in Onitsha
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by AmericanQuarter: 10:35am On Aug 13, 2018
WAZOBIA 93.7 FM ONITSHA

You can listen online via the Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/WazobiaFMOnitsha/

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 11:33am On Aug 13, 2018
Cjrane2:

With a bit of smart engineering all the flood water should be channeled to a rivers or lakes which are often nearby cities. Most planned cities interconnect drainage pipes to take storm water off the roads and channel it away. These underground pipes are the first thing laid before roadwork.

For Anambra cities they need to incorporate drainage in masterplan and not wait to become another Lagos.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Cjrane2: 12:12pm On Aug 13, 2018
mktinsight:

With a bit of smart engineering all the flood water should be channeled to a rivers or lakes which are often nearby cities. Most planned cities interconnect drainage pipes to take storm water off the roads and channel it away. These underground pipes are the first thing laid before roadwork.

For Anambra cities they need to incorporate drainage in masterplan and not wait to become another Lagos.

Exactly!

If we keep developing without any thoughts about how to channel flood away into nearby streams and Rivers, then we are doomed to be a flooded state every rainy season.

Like you rightly pointed out, a little engineering can solve the issue very well. My preference for big concrete drainage channels for Anambra, instead of the type used by Americans reinforced only with grass is that we are unlikely to plant and maintain the grass on the flood channel, therefore the whole flood channel will lead to a gully erosion site very quickly unless it is made of concrete.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Purehuman(m): 12:14pm On Aug 13, 2018
OMANBALA1:

Now , you see what a picture is supposed to look like and stop posting those rubbish you post here.

You are very stupid for making such statement. Are you insane?
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Ofodirinwa: 2:28pm On Aug 13, 2018
There's no purpose having a drain if there's nowhere to drain the water towards. Most of our drains have on the destination which I find extremely funny. In reality, there's not 1 city with a drainage system in the entire region.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by OMANBALA1: 2:58pm On Aug 13, 2018
Ofodirinwa:
There's no purpose having a drain if there's nowhere to drain the water towards. Most of our drains have on the destination which I find extremely funny. In reality, there's not 1 city with a drainage system in the entire region.

Its a common national occurrence due to lack of planning and courage to face reality. The truth is that this problem can't be solved by one administration just like our electricity woes. However, I think Obiano has done most of the planning work by doing the aerial mapping of Awka capital territory which I think Awka is probably the second city to achieve such. Now, we know the terrain and movement of water ,so, therefore what is left is just to do the ground work and lay the drainages. Its highly capital intensive but a journey of a thousand miles begins with a step.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 12:01am On Aug 14, 2018
Anambra state govt should as a matter of URGENCY come to the assistance of these people @ Awada Obosi with loans to purchase vital ppe and machineries for their waste recycling industry.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-JXc05vGmM
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 12:32am On Aug 14, 2018
This is where govt should be investing for cleaner environment.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ChimaAdeoye: 12:58am On Aug 14, 2018
Please pass this message to the necessary authorities so that emergency measures are take now before the whole road collapses and lives are needlessly lost.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vj7XLV0cksI

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Chri08102702694: 8:42am On Aug 14, 2018
Ok
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 8:48am On Aug 14, 2018
Entries For Hero's Kick-start Programme Commences
14 AUGUST 2018

International Breweries PLC has commenced the third edition of its Hero's Foundation Kickstart Programme.
Calling for entries into the entrepreneurship programme which runs from August 13th to September 30th,the establishment reassures of commttiment towards contributing its quota in depopulating unemployment in the countryside and creating entrepreneurial value chain.

The Hero's Foundation Kickstart Programme is a corporate social investment initiative aimed at empowering and inspiring budding entrepreneurs to develop business ideas into sustainable businesses.

The Foundation inaugurated in 2016 for youths residing in 5 core South East states of Abia,Anambra,Enugu,Ebonyi and Imo has expanded its frontiers to include Benue,Delta, Edo and Rivers and was meant to instill the culture of entrepreneurship among the youths and reduce unemployment rate in the country.

According to the company Secretary, Mr.Muyiwa Ayojimi who highlighted the modalities for entries, said applications for 2018 edition of the programme are open to youths between 18 to 35 years residing and having business in the participating states .

He said successful applicants will undergo a one week intensive business training session with experts from Nnamdi Azikiwe Business School,after which they will be required to develop and submit their business proposals.

He encouraged interested applicants to visit the foundations website 'www.hero kick start foundation.org", to fill the form and upload their proposal or pickup hard copies from designated centres across the states for a chance to participate, restating the readiness of the company and continued efforts in making heros out of the youths.

One of Directors Professor Ikeme in his remarks underscored the impact of the programme and observed that the beneficiaries of previous editions have become employers of labour, stressing the need for proper utilization of the rare opportunity.

In a remark, a stakeholders, Ofumba Michael Daramola disclosed that about one hundred and thirty two million naira each has been expended on enterprising entrepreneurs with sustainable business ideas.

Speaking to ABS,a Board member, Prof.Chinyere Okunna said the programme is a measure to cushion the effect of unemployment rate in the country, urging youths to subscribe.

Some of the beneficiaries of the last editions of the programme, including Mr.Chukwuemeka Omata ,Ifeoma Eze, Nonso Aluchoro,David Ekwueme and Sandra Ndulue who described the Programme as a laudable initiative to address the challenges of unemployment, encouraged other industries to key into the lofty idea.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 8:56am On Aug 14, 2018
ANSG, Rotary Club Plant More Trees In Awka
14 AUGUST 2018

WRITTEN BY OGOCHUKWU OKEKE
The Rotary Club of Awka Central in partnership with Anambra State Ministry of Environment,
Beautification and Ecology have taken a giant leap in the battle against degradation and erosion by planting up open spaces in strategic parts of Awka with trees.

The tree planting project which started from Arroma junction through the access road leading to Dr Alex Ekwueme Square attracted many Rotarians.

Speaking to ABS after the exercise, the President, Rotary Club of Awka Central, District 9142 Nigeria, Rotarian Joan Emegoakor, said that Rotary Clubs all over the world were mandated to embark on tree planting campaign in their various states to enhance sustainability of the planet.

Mrs Emegoakor highlighted importance of trees to human lives as well as ways to improve tree planting in the state.

The President Elect Rotary Club of Awka Central, District 9142 Nigeria, Dr Tochukwu Mbachi, urged Ndi Anambra to key into the exercise to check erosion and restore the ecosystem as well as protect the ozone layer.

The Managing Director, Leisure Park and Street Beautification, Lady Ify Atogwu, explained that the State Government gave Rotary Club approval to sponsor the tree planting, protect and maintain it for eight months.

She said horticulturists in the Ministry would source for certified plants, supervise and take over from them after the eight months

6 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ChimaAdeoye: 10:46am On Aug 14, 2018
ANSMEDIA:
ANSG, Rotary Club Plant More Trees In Awka
14 AUGUST 2018

WRITTEN BY OGOCHUKWU OKEKE
The Rotary Club of Awka Central in partnership with Anambra State Ministry of Environment,
Beautification and Ecology have taken a giant leap in the battle against degradation and erosion by planting up open spaces in strategic parts of Awka with trees.

The tree planting project which started from Arroma junction through the access road leading to Dr Alex Ekwueme Square attracted many Rotarians.

Speaking to ABS after the exercise, the President, Rotary Club of Awka Central, District 9142 Nigeria, Rotarian Joan Emegoakor, said that Rotary Clubs all over the world were mandated to embark on tree planting campaign in their various states to enhance sustainability of the planet.

Mrs Emegoakor highlighted importance of trees to human lives as well as ways to improve tree planting in the state.

The President Elect Rotary Club of Awka Central, District 9142 Nigeria, Dr Tochukwu Mbachi, urged Ndi Anambra to key into the exercise to check erosion and restore the ecosystem as well as protect the ozone layer.

The Managing Director, Leisure Park and Street Beautification, Lady Ify Atogwu, explained that the State Government gave Rotary Club approval to sponsor the tree planting, protect and maintain it for eight months.

She said horticulturists in the Ministry would source for certified plants, supervise and take over from them after the eight months

Good move.Looking at that picture of 6 well dressed folks with one shovel and one plant, not much trees left in a bag or something to be planted tells you a lot about the scope of this exercise. However, If only the can plant enough trees in this exercise instead of planting just 2 or 3 trees and call it a day.

If they can plant at least 1,000 trees in Awka along the roads, in Open places, at Kenneth Dike Library, at the Teaching hospital, Nnamdi Azikiwe university etc, then they would have made a positive impact with this exercise.

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 12:06am On Aug 15, 2018
ChimaAdeoye:

Please pass this message to the necessary authorities so that emergency measures are take now before the whole road collapses and lives are needlessly lost.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vj7XLV0cksI
The erosion problem in the state is not new but the non challant attitude on the part of the govt & its officials to monitor its infrastructure especially roads in other to stop the erosion from developing into something big that will cause a lot of tax payers money is where we have a major problem.

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by TabletMan: 3:57am On Aug 15, 2018
∆∆∆ investnow , you don't have to blame Ansg for neglecting any erosion currently because they have alot of erosion tackling projects going on around the state and each of the projects consumes money more than constructing a standard road. Tackling of erosion this raining season is very hard because with just few drop of rain, the contractor will lose millions spent on the work that day. Yet Ansg bravely award contract for many disastrous erosions site across the state to be tackled. No state has solve environmental problem like anambra because in some states erosion is seen as cliff or under ground mountain forming.

All the niggas that left nairaland for Omanmbala site are back again grin grin E be like say their site don crash.

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by AuntLaVIV(f): 7:23am On Aug 15, 2018
Dr Godwin Maduka the CEO of Las Vegas Institute is in town. I heard from a friend that he just brought in shipments of medical equipments for his high-rise medical research center in Anambra. They have been bringing in medical equipments and furnitures from the US for the past 6-months for the furnishing of the medical facility in Anambra.

Bianca came around, i equally heard she's campaigning for the next senatorial elections.

6 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 9:50am On Aug 15, 2018
TabletMan:
∆∆∆ investnow , you don't have to blame Ansg for neglecting any erosion currently because they have alot of erosion tackling projects going on around the state and each of the projects consumes money more than constructing a standard road. Tackling of erosion this raining season is very hard because with just few drop of rain, the contractor will lose millions spent on the work that day. Yet Ansg bravely award contract for many disastrous erosions site across the state to be tackled. No state has solve environmental problem like anambra because in some states erosion is seen as cliff or under ground mountain forming.

All the niggas that left nairaland for Omanmbala site are back again grin grin E be like say their site don crash.
I hope you understand my view and this happens to be the view of many Ndi Anambra that prevention is better than cure!. A big gully don't happen over night but it can happen only if the govt & its officials are not responsive to their job of planning and safe guiding our environment there by wasting billions of our scarce resources!. It cost less to plan and safeguard the environment by creating artificial lakes and planting trees arround the state more especially in erosion prune areas than lack of it!.... INVEST NOW FOR A BETTER AND MORE PROSPEROUS FUTURE! Udo dili Ndi Anambra.

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by jaycent(m): 6:40pm On Aug 15, 2018
Tunde, no new planing city for Anambra state, just like eko Atlantic city Lagos
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by TundeBricklayer: 7:29pm On Aug 15, 2018
ChimaAdeoye:

Good move.Looking at that picture of 6 well dressed folks with one shovel and one plant, not much trees left in a bag or something to be planted tells you a lot about the scope of this exercise. However, If only the can plant enough trees in this exercise instead of planting just 2 or 3 trees and call it a day.

If they can plant at least 1,000 trees in Awka along the roads, in Open places, at Kenneth Dike Library, at the Teaching hospital, Nnamdi Azikiwe university etc, then they would have made a positive impact with this exercise.
They have done that in teaching hospital Awka, although they are still small, my house is at the back of the teaching hospital, below are trees recently planted at Kenneth Dike Library Awka

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) ... (1302) (Reply)

Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: oilykid(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.