Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:45 AM

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos - Politics (148) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2059717 Views)

Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) / ABIA STATE: Updates On Developments- Pictures / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (1315) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 7:38pm On Sep 20, 2018
Xander85:

Obiano is into what....his 6th year in office now?

Like-play-like-play he will finish his two terms as governor, and we'd still be dreaming of having a world-class int'l airport...a working river port....well laid out inner city roads.....the new 'Du inbai' he talked of....reticulated water and gas supply to homes and industrial clusters; etc.

The only areas i'm scoring him high is in agriculture.....attracting diaspora investments.....and to an extent; security! I'm yet to see the new Onitsha, Awka and Nnewi i had hoped to see with his coming in as governor.

Obiano just resumed his 2nd term, not up to 6months in his 2nd term. Which means he is less than 6months in his 2nd term. So much is ongoing in city roads including GRA inner dual-ways, Esther Obiakor dual-ways construction is ongoing also and ICC, even the airport project is ongoing though slow, maybe because of rainy season. Obiano has performed far better than even govs that have spent 8yrs

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 7:42pm On Sep 20, 2018
mktinsight:

Obiano has failed with a big F in transport and roads. Onitsha needs to convert many roads to one way roads and put traffic lights and proper traffic police. They need scheduled 30 seater buses to run routes around the city not ten thousand rickety keke tricycles. All sidewalks should be freed from the nuisance of traders and wheel barrows. All primitive markets need to be upgraded or relocated away from busy arteries.
Despite making note of the fact that there needs to be a more aggressive approach in tackling the transport secotor of the state, I wouldn't believe that he scored an F in the sector. Saying that isn't nice at all. Let us all remember that he constructed a lot of rural roads to strategically link up agrarian communities and also inaugurated Ocha brigade that is working to free roads of the traders.

Before he came into power, I don't think that a single traffic light exited in the state including minimal or complete lack of traffic signs although I stand to be corrected. Remember that he also destroyed a lot of shanties.

I would have kept quite but the derogatory statements are becoming too much.

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by BeautifulMind2: 7:50pm On Sep 20, 2018
Xander85:

Obiano is into what....his 6th year in office now?

Like-play-like-play he will finish his two terms as governor, and we'd still be dreaming of having a world-class int'l airport...a working river port....well laid out inner city roads.....the new 'Dubai' he talked of....reticulated water and gas supply to homes and industrial clusters; etc.

The only areas i'm scoring him high is in agriculture.....attracting diaspora investments.....and to an extent; security! I'm yet to see the new Onitsha, Awka and Nnewi i had hoped to see with his coming in as governor.
Gov Obiano was sworn in on 17th of March this year, it's too early to critics, expect more projects after rainy season.

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by globemoney: 5:07am On Sep 21, 2018
mktinsight:

[s]
Obiano has failed with a big F in transport and roads. Onitsha needs to convert many roads to one way roads and put traffic lights and proper traffic police. They need scheduled 30 seater buses to run routes around the city not ten thousand rickety keke tricycles. All sidewalks should be freed from the nuisance of traders and wheel barrows. All primitive markets need to be upgraded or relocated away from busy arteries.[/s]
Anambra was almost a failed state before obiano took over, No security, No agriculture, poverty, no infrastructure.. All we had was a governor who was performing only on paper, claiming, he was saving money while building his supermarkets with Anambra money and also building narrow china roads around the state which have all collasped. Now I would want any of your loudmouths to compare the achievements of Obiano in 5 years with that of peter obi after 8 years, Obiano has lifted Anambra out of insecurity (people seem to forget), completed capital infrastructure, created wealth for the people, etc. It can only get better.
My only expectation from obiano now after the successful okada ban is to dualize and modernize Major Anabra roads which his predecessors failed to do, to serve as a a template for future governors, enough of the narrow low budget roads all around the state. This should be his priority right now, time is ticking.. The rest of obi social media team of AnambraDota and co can keep blowing hot air..

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 6:07am On Sep 21, 2018
nwokoyepraise:

Despite making note of the fact that there needs to be a more aggressive approach in tackling the transport secotor of the state, I wouldn't believe that he scored an F in the sector. Saying that isn't nice at all. Let us all remember that he constructed a lot of rural roads to strategically link up agrarian communities and also inaugurated Ocha brigade that is working to free roads of the traders.

Before he came into power, I don't think that a single traffic light exited in the state including minimal or complete lack of traffic signs although I stand to be corrected. Remember that he also destroyed a lot of shanties.

I would have kept quite but the derogatory statements are becoming too much.

70% of people in Anambra live in the cities. The state does not have much land. Agriculture should not be the priority but industry and services. That is why Onitsha, Awka, Nnewi should be the focus.

They need to also enforce laws regarding land use and maintaining public infrastructure in cities. The widespread hawking and use of roads for informal business, bus parks is disgraceful and disorderly. Just drive down the expressway or old road to Onitsha and you wonder if there is a government. The sides have been converted to trailer parks, bus parks, market stalls creating massive congestion and filth.

The message is that Obianos ocha brigade and ATMA and ministries for environment, works are heavily corrupt.

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 6:11am On Sep 21, 2018
mktinsight:

70% of people in Anambra live in the cities. The state does not have much land. Agriculture should not be the priority but industry and services. That is why Onitsha, Awka, Nnewi should be the focus.

They need to also enforce laws regarding land use and maintaining public infrastructure in cities. The widespread hawking and use of roads for informal business, bus parks is disgraceful and disorderly. Just drive down the expressway or old road to Onitsha and you wonder if there is a government. The sides have been converted to trailer parks, bus parks, market stalls creating massive congestion and filth.

The message is that Obianos ocha brigade and ATMA and ministries for environment, works are heavily corrupt.
How did u arrive at the conclusion that 70% of anambra people live in the city?
Any statistics to back that up?
I'm really curious to know. No offense pls.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by bubu152: 7:21am On Sep 21, 2018
Check on wikipedia
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by omadeltason: 8:08am On Sep 21, 2018
Ebonyi imo and wawa people must leave Anambra state this people have brought dirty and poverty in Anambra state we must raise up now and chase them away. am heading to Awka to cover some pictures you can visit my page viewigboland-24media. Especially these Ebonyi imo and wash people have refused to pay tax they should leave they should leave anambra state now or we war with them.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by omadeltason: 8:26am On Sep 21, 2018
wawa ebonyi imo people must go see what I see on facebook check them they are Ebonyians imo and wawa people how will you hate anambra but there is millions of ebony living in anambra state there is millions of imo state living in anambra state there is million of Abia living in anambra state there is millions of enugu state live in anambra state there is thousands of kogi living in anambra state why would you hate anambra people. anambra state must rise up chase you guys away you guys must go back to una broke and poverty state

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by caprini1: 9:22am On Sep 21, 2018
globemoney:

Anambra was almost a failed state before obiano took over, No security, No agriculture, poverty, no infrastructure.. All we had was a governor who was performing only on paper, claiming, he was saving money while building his supermarkets with Anambra money and also building narrow china roads around the state which have all collasped. Now I would want any of your loudmouths to compare the achievements of Obiano in 5 years with that of peter obi after 8 years, Obiano has lifted Anambra out of insecurity (people seem to forget), completed capital infrastructure, created wealth for the people, etc. It can only get better.
My only expectation from obiano now after the successful okada ban is to dualize and modernize Major Anabra roads which his predecessors failed to do, to serve as a a template for future governors, enough of the narrow low budget roads all around the state. This should be his priority right now, time is ticking.. The rest of obi social media team of AnambraDota and co can keep blowing hot air..
You forget to add that Anambra is clean,just came back from there last weekend,spent a week,and I must tell you,it was fun.....the good roads and street lights,was awesome....will be there for Christmas.

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by caprini1: 9:29am On Sep 21, 2018
omadeltason:
this kind of traffic in onitsha is getting too much onitsha is igbo Lagos but my pain is lack of street lights.
May be some if the bulbs needs changing,i was in Anambra last week and all the street lights in Nnewi and Nnewi south axis was all lit up.. although I was never in Onitsha at night.

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 2:19pm On Sep 21, 2018
omadeltason:
Ebonyi imo and wawa people must leave Anambra state this people have brought dirty and poverty in Anambra state we must raise up now and chase them away. am heading to Awka to cover some pictures you can visit my page viewigboland-24media. Especially these Ebonyi imo and wash people have refused to pay tax they should leave they should leave anambra state now or we war with them.

Yes Anambra attracts loads of migrants but that is not the problem. The problem is the failure of ANSG to enforce the law. It is not Ebonyi or Enugu people selling in gutters or along the expressway causing congestion.They are illegal traders.

I laugh when people say that police are corrupt because they are from the north. If you want to see corruption just look at OCHA brigade made up of Anambrariams that collect bribes from illegally parked buses. Or is it market associations that illegally rent parts of state roads to barrow hawkers.

ANSG is filthy corrupt and the influx of all kinds of illegal behavior is due to them. The cults that claimed many started in public schoolsystem run by the state. It started in okada and keke trade associations. Drugs are widely consumed by the youth and where is the state government? Marketing rice farms in Omor.

The state government needs to start enforcing law in cities from schools to markets and transportation because illegal activity leads to crime and gangsterism.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 4:19pm On Sep 21, 2018
Lets move around Udoka estates Awka

10 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 4:22pm On Sep 21, 2018
Udoka estate Awka is serene and decent

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 4:28pm On Sep 21, 2018
Ngozika Estates Phase-I

8 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 4:48pm On Sep 21, 2018
Obinwanne estate, New Town Lay-Out, Awka. The design and planning of the area has been completed, now inner streets are being constructed. The area is strictly planned for duplexes.

12 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by IgboticGirl(f): 4:52pm On Sep 21, 2018
All this open drainage is disgusting

This is 21th century for crying out loud

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 4:59pm On Sep 21, 2018
ANSMEDIA:
Obinwanne estate, New Town Lay-Out, Awka. The design and planning of the area has been completed, now inner streets are being constructed. The area is strictly planned for duplexes.

Some construction equipments working on infrastructures in the area.

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Xander85: 5:08pm On Sep 21, 2018
caprini1:
You forget to add that Anambra is clean,just came back from there last weekend,spent a week,and I must tell you,it was fun.....the good roads and street lights,was awesome....will be there for Christmas.

No pics?

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Xander85: 5:14pm On Sep 21, 2018
ANSMEDIA:
Ngozika estate Awka is serene and decent

These look nice!

Covered gutters or a underground drainage system with space for trees and sidewalks for pedestrians would have finished off the look nicely and catapulted the estate into the big league!

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by IgboticGirl(f): 5:16pm On Sep 21, 2018
Xander85:

These look nice!

Covered gutters or a underground drainage system with space for trees and sidewalks for pedestrians would have finished off the look nicely and catapulted the estate into the big league!

daalu

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 5:24pm On Sep 21, 2018
Some home owners are already developing their own plots at Obinwanne estate, New Town, Awka.

6 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by raker300: 5:26pm On Sep 21, 2018
IgboticGirl:
All this open drainage is disgusting

This is 21th century for crying out loud
anambra is erosion prone, covered gutters are risky for now...
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by horsepower101: 5:59pm On Sep 21, 2018
raker300:

Not true. Actually not covering gutters can increase the risk of erosion because it can be easily blocked with garbage and force the rain water to erode surrounding areas.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by IgboticGirl(f): 6:24pm On Sep 21, 2018
ANSMEDIA:
Some home owners are already developing their own plots at Obinwanne estate, New Town, Awka.

there are alot modern house building in towns now

who still build this king of building

mtcheswwww
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by IgboticGirl(f): 6:25pm On Sep 21, 2018
raker300:

wat are u saying oga sir

cover best or underground driange is the best

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Chri08102702694: 6:48pm On Sep 21, 2018
This illiterate abakaleke poor dirty nuisance which one did your poor useless gala hawker father built? Show us anyone in your state finer than this? You 3rd class almajiri-igbos shouldn't be talking.

[s]
IgboticGirl:

here are alot modern house building in towns nowwho still build this king of buildingmtcheswwww
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by raker300: 7:15pm On Sep 21, 2018
Onitsha

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by AnambraDota: 8:13pm On Sep 21, 2018
Anambra State government have not been creative and proactive. Onitsha and Chicago have a lot in common if we had been luckier with great governors. Chicago have the most balanced economy in the US, something Onitsha would have given to Anambra when you fuse Awka and Nnewi together as one economy.

Onitsha economy is still trade dominated with services and manufacturing contributing less than 20% of the GDP.

If Anambra State had opened up 3-3 Area, Oba and Nsugbe to reduce the influx of wealthy Onitsha business community into Asaba we would have added more jobs than trading in the state.

Apart from NAU , COOU and Okopoly, the impact of the private universities in the state are not felt. Tourism business is dead in Anambra State, Obaino after making noise of developing Ogbunike and Owelle Ezukana Caves to boost tourism, he has gone back to his shell. Agulu Lake Hotel is taking decades to complete but they noise surrounding it can cause a tremor.

As big as Awada, Nkpor are non have no shopping malls, I'm not saying its Obaino's fault here but when you just realized government have not done enough in these areas you will understand why investors won't go there.

Nnewi Mall is abandoned, Awka Mall is abandoned, Onitsha Hotel is abandoned...can we collectively conclude that the government is behind the death of tourism business in the state since they have failed in every angle to provide tourism enabling infrastructures in place.

Since 99 no government in Anambra State have been able to dualized any road, all the roads are ridden with open gutters and potholes, they can't even accommodate two Keke at the same time yet container trucks are allowed to park everywhere.

Onitsha need investment in medicine, academic, IT, tourism to challenge over dependence on trading community. Anambra State government should place embargo on building of markets until the ones built are fully taken over. Onitsha indegenes with alot of educated and informed elites should have built a community university in their hometown if they don't have an individual that can bankroll that.

Onitsha indigenes too aren't helping matter, see how other towns indegenes are developing their places but you won't see them bring investment to their hometown.

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Chri08102702694: 8:23pm On Sep 21, 2018
AnambraDota:
.......nt to their hometown.

Ebuka Iheabunike(Ogbuefi Akuluouno), all you do everyday is talk talk and talk. Why not start building those malls. Start bringing to the state those things you wish others to invest in, maybe they can emulate you on it.

Anambra under Obiano has done well in education, agriculture, security, roads and overall infrastructures. Anambra has maintained the lowest debt burden in all of Nigeria and still doing big budget projects like the ongoing ICC etc. Agulu lake has been completed though i don't know what they are still waiting for to commission it.

I like the collabo of Onitsha and Asaba, because in the future it will become New York and New Jersey of Nigeria. It is likely to become one city in the next 50-100yrs time.

Anambra state government does not visit this site, take your submissions to govt officials on FB or on their websites if you have any genuine thing to tell them so they can clear you there.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 8:26pm On Sep 21, 2018
Chri08102702694:
This illiterate abakaleke poor dirty nuisance which one did your poor useless gala hawker father built? Show us anyone in your state finer than this? You are 3rd class almajiri-igbos shouldn't be talking.

[s][/s]

hahahahahah
Chai, see killing, this your post is outright murder
the Igbotic girl don dey vex me too
but, guy abeg stop mentioning Abakaliki people
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by NonsoWow: 8:35pm On Sep 21, 2018
Obiano has done and is doing exceedingly well. The people against him are those who are still pained about how he humiliated Peter obi.

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (1315) (Reply)

Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.