Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,336 members, 7,780,879 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:03 AM

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos - Politics (458) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2022582 Views)

Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) / ABIA STATE: Updates On Developments- Pictures / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) ... (1303) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 4:21pm On Jun 28, 2020
Rocksvibes234:
And this is what, since has not started.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzNFSnvjJus

This is heart warming to see that steady work is ongoing at the site of Anambra international Cargo airport

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 4:32pm On Jun 28, 2020
Watching from the 7th minute showed when the MD of Anambra based Orient Petroleum and Refining company stated clearly that the international airport project was tied to the activities of Orient petroleum company. This airport is unique and not your usual Nigerian styled airport.

I think this video from 4th quarter of 2018 when the final aerial survey was completed by the Chinese surveyors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1gzCTBsrBQ

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jun 28, 2020
Back to sender. I will attend your burial fool.

Rocksvibes234:
Anambra airport project ongoing,

He should go forth and die
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by BeijinDossier: 4:53pm On Jun 28, 2020
[s]
mktinsight:
Back to sender. I will attend your burial fool.
[/s]

Go and die. Useless frustrated bitter sadistic bastard. Leave, we don't need your input. Everyone here has rejected you demon.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Rocksvibes234: 5:39pm On Jun 28, 2020
ANSMEDIA:
Watching from the 7th minute showed when the MD of Anambra based Orient Petroleum and Refining company stated clearly that the international airport project was tied to the activities of Orient petroleum company. This airport is unique and not your usual Nigerian styled airport.

I think this video from 4th quarter of 2018 when the final aerial survey was completed by the Chinese surveyors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1gzCTBsrBQ

The video was on July 2019 during the final aerial survey by the Chinese expert team,

and yes orient petroleum will do anything for the airport because it's tied to their business they wanted to build Airstrip b4 but now this airport has come to stay I don't think that they will build the airstrip again, because they will be using this one and it's also few kilometer to the orient petroleum resources

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Rocksvibes234: 5:46pm On Jun 28, 2020
Rocksvibes234:
So tell us since a state with the Africa largest market, in terms of geographical size and volume of goods and services, Africa largest spare market and over 64 major high volume market spread around the state, does not needs cargo/ passenger airport which state needs it. Tell Us?

Bia mktinsight u haven't answered my question ooo

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jun 28, 2020

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jun 28, 2020
Please my brothers, can we stop insulting one another. People should be allowed to freely air their opinion without fearing insults. We are all one.

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by BeijinDossier: 8:17pm On Jun 28, 2020
Even the holy book said "suffer not a witch to live". Mktinsight is a demonic witch and should be treated as such. 95% of people here doesn't need his inputs, he can open his own thread somewhere and continue his witchcraft there. We don't need a witch here.

REGENMASTER:

Please my brothers, can we stop insulting one another. People should be allowed to freely air their opinion without fearing insults. We are all one.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jun 28, 2020
B3ACHSIDE:
I can understand your frustration trying to explain things . Everyone has their points and different perspective .You live in an organized society and sure know what real development is about.
I've pointed out on another thread that once the basics are fixed ,everything else would follow. I think the Nigerian governments are putting tangible efforts but have wrong priorities .
Anambra's vision for an airport is a very good one ,I would like Onitsha to have a port as well, but I think only the plan & foundations for such structures should be laid for now , and then focus on the basic development which I outline on my other thread .
Once the basics are fixed ,everything else would follow. If there's stable electricity and security ,I have so much to build, i would personally build 40 story apartment buildings at Calabar and maybe Onitsha as well, and if everything is privatized ; rail system,industrial district, and stadium ,can be built . and i'm sure there are 100s of other investors waiting for these basics as well.

This is my point. Focus on basics before white elephant projects. Anambra State Government has revenue of just 97 billion which in todays dollar terms is around $220 million. Now 60% of that is gone on salaries and recurrent expenditure leaving around $80 million for capital projects. They are building an airport while the cities lack public water supply, decent roads and adequate health facilities. There are no decent libraries in the entire state (I witnessed this myself a few years back). There is no decent public transport instead unruly keke clogging the streets is our achievement in 2020. No bus terminals anywhere instead buses 'load" on the side of roads. No organized waste management system instead waste bins are dumped on the road.

The problem with APGA is that they are not systematic or consistent in their vision and policies across administrations. You cannot for example go to the Ministry of Education and ask what is the 5-year or 10-year education policy for the state. They don't have one. Nor does Works or Health or Environment. Then you look at project execution. There is feasibility, design, tendering, award and development and maintenance. But ANSG execute projects on a whim cutting out phases entirely and making massive mistakes in the process.

They don't collect data at all to support governance For example, what is the population and demographics of the state? What economic activity are they engaged in? Where do they live? What is their use and access to public services? Lagos state government conducted a household survey in 2010 or thereabouts and it pointed the way forward for Fashola who was busy building parks and the Lekki-Ikoyi bridge for the rich. He found that 90% of Lagosians did not have access to PIPE-BORNE water believe it or not. Most Lagosians are WRETCHEDLY poor and spend on inordinate amount of income of food and housing. Lagos quickly jettisoned many of the elite projects it had planned such as the Lekki Airport in favor of more investment on internal roads, bus terminals, schools and health facilities.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jun 28, 2020
Rocksvibes234:

Bia mktinsight u haven't answered my question ooo

First of all if you want to discuss with me you apologize for saying I should go forth and die. That is a very evil thing to say and you are only cursing yourself.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by BeijinDossier: 8:50pm On Jun 28, 2020
Another trash from a frustrated demonic vagabond. What's remaining for you is to run naked on the street. Hopefully the airport project can do it for you. cheesy

In life you give example with what you have been able to do in your own capacity. Stop coming here to post rubbish rubbish because your inputs are useless, worthless and inconsequential. You haven't been able to even fix your miserable life but you wanna advice a whole state government. We don't need your inputs.

[s]
mktinsight:

This is my point. Focus on basics before white elephant projects. Anambra State Government has revenue of just 97 billion which in todays dollar terms is around $220 million. Now 60% of that is gone on salaries and recurrent expenditure leaving around $80 million for capital projects. They are building an airport while the cities lack public water supply, decent roads and adequate health facilities. There are no decent libraries in the entire state (I witnessed this myself a few years back). There is no decent public transport instead unruly keke clogging the streets is our achievement in 2020. No bus terminals anywhere instead buses 'load" on the side of roads. No organized waste management system instead waste bins are dumped on the road. The problem with APGA is that they are not systematic or consistent in their vision and policies across administrations. You cannot for example go to the Ministry of Education and ask what is the 5-year or 10-year education policy for the state. They don't have one. Nor does Works or Health or Environment. Then you look at project execution. There is feasibility, design, tendering, award and development and maintenance. But ANSG execute projects on a whim cutting out phases entirely and making massive mistakes in the process.They don't collect data at all to support governance For example, what is the population and demographics of the state? What economic activity are they engaged in? Where do they live? What is their use and access to public services? Lagos state government conducted a household survey in 2010 or thereabouts and it pointed the way forward for Fashola who was busy building parks and the Lekki-Ikoyi bridge for the rich. He found that 90% of Lagosians did not have access to PIPE-BORNE water believe it or not. Most Lagosians are WRETCHEDLY poor and spend on inordinate amount of income of food and housing. Lagos quickly jettisoned many of the elite projects it had planned such as the Lekki Airport in favor of more investment on internal roads, bus terminals, schools and health facilities.
[/s]

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by BeijinDossier: 8:52pm On Jun 28, 2020
[s]
mktinsight:

First of all if you want to discuss with me you apologize for saying I should go forth and die. That is a very evil thing to say and you are only cursing yourself.
[/s]

He didn't say that because he wanna discuss with a mentally deranged cursed demon like you. No sane person likes discussing with you here because you have mental problem.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by BeijinDossier: 8:56pm On Jun 28, 2020
Pictures from the ongoing Anambra international airport project. Mktinsight cry and die. cool

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jun 28, 2020
Extract about Lagos
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/media/57a089ba40f0b652dd000398/61517_Yngstrom_Qualitative_School_Choice_Lagos_March2014.pdf

Poverty and deprivation in Lagos

Updated for inflation,the Lagos specific poverty line at the time of this study was calculated at N309 (in Nigerian Naira) per capita per day or UK£1.25 per capita per day. Based on this calculation, the household surveyfound tha t53.1 per cent of the Lagos sample were living below the poverty line. This is considerably higher thanthe figure of 40.3 per cent calculated from the Nigerian Harmonized National Living Standards Survey (HNLSS)of 2009/10 (using the per capita method)....The official poverty figure for Lagos for 2010 was calculated at 48.0 per cent (NBS, 2010).

On education, housing and electricity, potentially low levels of deprivation are indicated.Here we find that 75 per cent of men and 60 per cent of women in Lagos have completed secondary school or above (results from this survey), the highest in Nigeria, and among one of the highest in Sub-­‐Saharan Africa. In addition, 95 per cent of Lagos households have concrete flooring at home, and 78 per cent have access to electricity for lighting (NBS, 2010), although supply is highly erratic. However,on other key indicators, only 12 per cent of households in Lagos have water piped into their yard (NBS, 2010) . Over 59 per cent of families live in one room (NBS, 2010) and although around 50 per cent of households report having flush toilets (NBS, 2010), most families living in rooming apartments share one toilet and bathroom among 6 or more families (see below). Child mortality rates in Nigeria are among the highest in the world, and there is no evidence to suggest that they are significantly lower in Lagos State (Ojikutu, 2008). The latter figures in particular point to the fact that the majority of the poorer population in Lagos live in over-­‐crowded,unplannedand unsanitary settlements, which lack basic tenure or tenancy rights(Agbola and Agundbiade, 2009). These settlements are characterised by lack of drainage, poorly managed solid waste poverty rate for Lagos was 40.3 per cent (using the per capita method). The adjusted figures are reported in World Bank (2013).

mktinsight:

This is my point. Focus on basics before white elephant projects. Anambra State Government has revenue of just 97 billion which in todays dollar terms is around $220 million. Now 60% of that is gone on salaries and recurrent expenditure leaving around $80 million for capital projects. They are building an airport while the cities lack public water supply, decent roads and adequate health facilities. There are no decent libraries in the entire state (I witnessed this myself a few years back). There is no decent public transport instead unruly keke clogging the streets is our achievement in 2020. No bus terminals anywhere instead buses 'load" on the side of roads. No organized waste management system instead waste bins are dumped on the road.

The problem with APGA is that they are not systematic or consistent in their vision and policies across administrations. You cannot for example go to the Ministry of Education and ask what is the 5-year or 10-year education policy for the state. They don't have one. Nor does Works or Health or Environment. Then you look at project execution. There is feasibility, design, tendering, award and development and maintenance. But ANSG execute projects on a whim cutting out phases entirely and making massive mistakes in the process.

They don't collect data at all to support governance For example, what is the population and demographics of the state? What economic activity are they engaged in? Where do they live? What is their use and access to public services? Lagos state government conducted a household survey in 2010 or thereabouts and it pointed the way forward for Fashola who was busy building parks and the Lekki-Ikoyi bridge for the rich. He found that 90% of Lagosians did not have access to PIPE-BORNE water believe it or not. Most Lagosians are WRETCHEDLY poor and spend on inordinate amount of income of food and housing. Lagos quickly jettisoned many of the elite projects it had planned such as the Lekki Airport in favor of more investment on internal roads, bus terminals, schools and health facilities.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by BeijinDossier: 9:03pm On Jun 28, 2020
Hahahaha

Now his madness has led him to bring Lagos into this thread, to start attracting his fellow brothers here. Why are you so useless that you have nothing else to do with your miserable life. You spent the whole of last night till 4am on this thread posting, we only saw your posts when we woke up in the morning. Were you also cursed with sleeplessness? cheesy

[s]
mktinsight:
Extract about Lagottps://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/media/57a089ba40f0b652dd000398/61517_Yngstrom_Qualitative_School_Choice_Lagos_March2014.pdfPoverty and deprivation in LagosUpdated for inflation,the Lagos specific poverty line at the time of this study was calculated at N309 (in Nigerian Naira) per capita per day or UK£1.25 per capita per day. Based on this calculation, the household surveyfound tha t53.1 per cent of the Lagos sample were living below the poverty line. This is considerably higher thanthe figure of 40.3 per cent calculated from the Nigerian Harmonized National Living Standards Survey (HNLSS)of 2009/10(using the per capita method)....The official poverty figure for Lagos for 2010 was calculated at 48.0 per cent (NBS, 2010). On education, housing and electricity, potentially low levels of deprivation are indicated.Here we find that 75 per cent of men and 60 per cent of women in Lagos have completed secondary school or above (results from this survey), the highest in Nigeria, and among one of the highest in Sub-­‐Saharan Africa. In addition, 95 per cent of Lagos households have concrete flooring at home, and 78 per cent have access to electricity for lighting (NBS, 2010), although supply is highly erratic.However,on other key indicators,only 12 per cent of households in Lagos have water piped into their yard (NBS, 2010) .Over 59 per cent of families live in one room (NBS, 2010) and although around 50 per cent of households report having flush toilets (NBS, 2010), most families living in rooming apartments share one toilet and bathroom among 6 or more families (see below). Child mortality rates in Nigeria are among the highest in the world, and there is no evidence to suggest that they are significantly lower in Lagos State (Ojikutu, 2008). The latter figures in particular point to the fact that the majority of the poorer population in Lagos live in over-­‐crowded,unplannedand unsanitary settlements, which lack basic tenure or tenancy rights(Agbola and Agundbiade, 2009). These settlementsare characterised by lack of drainage, poorly managed solid waste poverty rate for Lagos was 40.3 per cent (using the per capita method). The adjusted figures are reported in World Bank (2013).
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by teresades: 9:23pm On Jun 28, 2020
BeijinDossier:
Hahahaha

Now his madness has led him to bring Lagos into this thread, to start attracting his fellow brothers here. Why are you so useless that you have nothing else to do with your miserable life. You spent the whole of last night till 4am on this thread posting, we only saw your posts when we woke up in the morning. Were you also cursed with sleeplessness? cheesy

[s][/s]

You are really littering this thread with uncouth comments. Instead of cancelling comments why don't you put up a superior arguement?

Funny enough, the person you have been calling names haven't responded the same way.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by teresades: 9:25pm On Jun 28, 2020
mktinsight what are really your arguments against this particular project?
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by BeijinDossier: 9:59pm On Jun 28, 2020
You don't need to put up any other argument when you are dealing with a demon. You bind and cancel the demon. It doesn't concern you if he responds or not but I will keep cancelling the demon. Ofcourse he dared not respond. He can never be allowed to hijack this thread with his demonic tendencies, because that's his plan.

teresades:

You are really littering this thread with uncouth comments. Instead of cancelling comments why don't you put up a superior arguement?
Funny enough, the person you have been calling names haven't responded the same way.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 1:55am On Jun 29, 2020
teresades:
mktinsight what are really your arguments against this particular project?

I said it before:

1) Airport is unnecessary because there are 3 within 1 hour drive from Anambra - Owerri, Asaba, Enugu all built at huge cost.

2) A Domestic airport with low traffic is a sure money loser. Example is every single airport in Nigeria except for Lagos and Abuja. Major examples are Asaba and Ibom Airport built for between 40-50 billion apiece which generate less than 300 million naira yearly and LOSE money.

3) Every airport in the South-East moves around 1000 people per day. Contrast with the bus company Peace Mass Transit which moves more people than that every day. So who are we building it for?

4) If the point of building an airport is because of cargo then check the fact that less than 10% of goods that come into Nigeria come by air. The cargo airport in Murtala Muhammed is largely idle. Meanwhile the road to Apapa is littered with trailers. So if its trade we want to enhance why not focus on the Inland Port at Onitsha?

5) If we say we are building an airport because of Onitsha traders note that there are not many of them that go to China/Turkey/Dubai. Many order online and most of their goods comes in first by sea and then by road not by air. If its because of the diaspora how many anambrarians come home every year? Assume 1m Nigerians in diaspora travel home per year. What percentage of that are Anambrarians? Lets assume 10% so 100,000 per year which is tiny. All are not going to use that airport.

6) We have more pressing needs that will impact MORE people than an airport. Transport in Anambra is primarily by road and we don't have enough good roads in any of the cities. We don't have proper public transport systems instead we are relying on keke causing chaos and dilapidated single-owner buses. We don't have proper large bus terminals to handle the more than 50,000 people that move by buses from one city to another every day (50x more than any airport in the east). We don't have enough trailer parks because they litter alongside the expressay. We don't have public water systems in cities instead people are buying water (if they don't have boreholes). We don't have sewage systems other than on-premises septic tanks.

7) Lets develop the ECONOMIC base of Anambra which is what makes an airport viable not as a status symbol. Build the ICC, build industrial parks, organize the markets and fix the cities so companies will make Anambra a regional base. THEN build the airport. Not now.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 3:16am On Jun 29, 2020
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Rocksvibes234: 5:33am On Jun 29, 2020
1. All this airport don't function like Lagos airport, they are not up to international standard, That's why Anambra State is building A Full Scale International Airport.

2. Anambra is not building domestic airport, but International Airport with Cargo and Passenger traffics

3. That 1000 people, 90% are anambrarians, and they spend too much for that, upon that it doesn't generates any revenues to Anambra State government.

4. Yes, the airport is tied incredible to the business of orient petroleum resources to be shifting their petroleum products to various other parties for sell and also for Anambra State agribusiness, trade and commerce, tourism passengers and rest of them

5. Yes it's some people while some people travel them selves, Move over those that travel themselves and bigger than those that orders Good's. and in the diaspora case Anambrarian diaspora are more than 30% and atleast over 10% comes back annually

6. Yes we can still do that, but airport is the main one now, for the bus terminal and interstate railway, monorail, it's coming very soon even if Obiano government don't get it Done another government will get it done, because we also needs them

7. Anambra economy is boosting and a full scaled international airport like this will help it boost well, Anambra is Ranked as one of the nation’s fastest growing economies and a national leader
in job creation, manufacturing and technology, agriculture, capital access, etc. and we need international airport for all this, our Icc is under construction, this airport will feature industrial park, moreover Federal government has planned automotive industrial park at nnewi, while investors also planned a new industrial park at Mbaukwu, and this airport when completed, a new modernized international Air Harbour will be born , so this Airport will improve the investment environment of the state,

So my brother, this airport is of use and will be one of the busiest when completed because alot of people wants to use it and it's tied to some business of many industries in Anambra State

mktinsight:

I said it before:

1) Airport is unnecessary because there are 3 within 1 hour drive from Anambra - Owerri, Asaba, Enugu all built at huge cost.

2) A Domestic airport with low traffic is a sure money loser. Example is every single airport in Nigeria except for Lagos and Abuja. Major examples are Asaba and Ibom Airport built for between 40-50 billion apiece which generate less than 300 million naira yearly and LOSE money.

3) Every airport in the South-East moves around 1000 people per day. Contrast with the bus company Peace Mass Transit which moves more people than that every day. So who are we building it for?

4) If the point of building an airport is because of cargo then check the fact that less than 10% of goods that come into Nigeria come by air. The cargo airport in Murtala Muhammed is largely idle. Meanwhile the road to Apapa is littered with trailers. So if its trade we want to enhance why not focus on the Inland Port at Onitsha?

5) If we say we are building an airport because of Onitsha traders note that there are not many of them that go to China/Turkey/Dubai. Many order online and most of their goods comes in first by sea and then by road not by air. If its because of the diaspora how many anambrarians come home every year? Assume 1m Nigerians in diaspora travel home per year. What percentage of that are Anambrarians? Lets assume 10% so 100,000 per year which is tiny. All are not going to use that airport.

6) We have more pressing needs that will impact MORE people than an airport. Transport in Anambra is primarily by road and we don't have enough good roads in any of the cities. We don't have proper public transport systems instead we are relying on keke causing chaos and dilapidated single-owner buses. We don't have proper large bus terminals to handle the more than 50,000 people that move by buses from one city to another every day (50x more than any airport in the east). We don't have enough trailer parks because they litter alongside the expressay. We don't have public water systems in cities instead people are buying water (if they don't have boreholes). We don't have sewage systems other than on-premises septic tanks.

7) Lets develop the ECONOMIC base of Anambra which is what makes an airport viable not as a status symbol. Build the ICC, build industrial parks, organize the markets and fix the cities so companies will make Anambra a regional base. THEN build the airport. Not now.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by BeijinDossier: 7:14am On Jun 29, 2020
Hahahaha

Do you guys need any other reason to know that this old man is a cursed frustrated vagabond. He had to post this at 2am when reasonable people were asleep with their loved ones.

Why would someone be more interested in what doesn't concern him. The airport project is ongoing and someone is still here crying all day and night.

Lemme ask us are those states with airport have better roads than Anambra? NO. Do they have better transport system than Anambra? NO. Do they have better cities than Anambra? NO. Why would this one be so worried about our own project? Infact Anambra is far better than all those states in all indices of development.

Does those states with airport have better economic standing than Anambra? NO. Infact Anambra is far ahead of them in various aspects of the economy.

Why not go and kill yourself since you cannot bear this reality of the airport project. You did this on omambaladotcom, now you are here. Leave us alone, we don't need your advice, we don't need it.

Go and die, the airport project is ongoing.

[s]
mktinsight:

5 said it beforesmiley Airport is unnecessary because there are 3 within 1 hour drive from Anambra - Owerri, Asaba, Enugu all built at huge cost2) A Domestic airport with low traffic is a sure money loser. Example is every single airport in Nigeria except for Lagos and Abuja. Major examples are Asaba and Ibom Airport built for between 40-50 billion apiece which generate less than 300 million naira yearly and LOSE money. 3) Every airport in the South-East moves around 1000 people per day. Contrast with the bus company Peace Mass Transit which moves more people than that every day. So who are we building it for? 4) If the point of building an airport is because of cargo then check the fact that less than 10% of goods that come into Nigeria come by air. The cargo airport in Murtala Muhammed is largely idle. Meanwhile the road to Apapa is littered with trailers. So if its trade we want to enhance why not focus on the Inland Port at Onitsha? ) If we say we are building an airport because of Onitsha traders note that there are not many of them that go to China/Turkey/Dubai. Many order online and most of their goods comes in first by sea and then by road not by air. If its because of the diaspora how many anambrarians come home every year? Assume 1m Nigerians in diaspora travel home per year. What percentage of that are Anambrarians? Lets assume 10% so 100,000 per year which is tiny. All are not going to use that airport. ) We have more pressing needs that will impact MORE people than an airport. Transport in Anambra is primarily by road and we don't have enough good roads in any of the cities. We don't have proper public transport systems instead we are relying on keke causing chaos and dilapidated single-owner buses. We don't have proper large bus terminals to handle the more than 50,000 people that move by buses from one city to another every day (50x more than any airport in the east). We don't have enough trailer parks because they litter alongside the expressay. We don't have public water systems in cities instead people are buying water (if they don't have boreholes). We don't have sewage systems other than on-premises septic tanks. ) Lets develop the ECONOMIC base of Anambra which is what makes an airport viable not as a status symbol. Build the ICC, build industrial parks, organize the markets and fix the cities so companies will make Anambra a regional base. THEN build the airport. Not now.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by BeijinDossier: 7:23am On Jun 29, 2020
You are making a mistake trying to explain anything to someone that's already cursed to the point that he will give you poison when he meet you. You don't know that old man, I have told you guys to stop responding to him and allow me play the game with. He didn't start this today, is been a long time he started, even before worked starred at the site. If it were possible for him, he would have gone there to poison everyone on site. He is bitter, hopeless and frustrated in life, he now uses this place diffuse his frustration.

Rocksvibes234:
1. All this
airport don't function like Lagos airport, they are not up to international standard, That's why Anambra State is building A Full Scale International Airport.

2. Anambra is not building domestic airport, but International Airport with Cargo and Passenger traffics

3. That 1000 people, 90% are anambrarians, and they spend too much for that, upon that it doesn't generates any revenues to Anambra State government.

4. Yes, the airport is tied incredible to the business of orient petroleum resources to be shifting their petroleum products to various other parties for sell and also for Anambra State agribusiness, trade and commerce, tourism passengers and rest of them

5. Yes it's some people while some people travel them selves, Move over those that travel themselves and bigger than those that orders Good's. and in the diaspora case Anambrarian diaspora are more than 30% and atleast over 10% comes back annually

6. Yes we can still do that, but airport is the main one now, for the bus terminal and interstate railway, monorail, it's coming very soon even if Obiano government don't get it Done another government will get it done, because we also needs them

7. Anambra economy is boosting and a full scaled international airport like this will help it boost well, Anambra is Ranked as one of the nation’s fastest growing economies and a national leader
in job creation, manufacturing and technology, agriculture, capital access, etc. and we need international airport for all this, our Icc is under construction, this airport will feature industrial park, moreover Federal government has planned automotive industrial park at nnewi, while investors also planned a new industrial park at Mbaukwu, and this airport when completed, a new modernized international Air Harbour will be born , so this Airport will improve the investment environment of the state,

So my brother, this airport is of use and will be one of the busiest when completed because alot of people wants to use it and it's tied to some business of many industries in Anambra State

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Rocksvibes234: 7:26am On Jun 29, 2020
Mua dey wonder ooo, anambra state is among state that has best road network both urban and rural roads, highly urbanized, with alot of fastest growing cities like, Agulu, Ekwulobia, Ihiala, Oba,
Aguleri, Umueri, Ogidi, Ogbunike, Umunya, Neni, Adazi, I don't know where to start because all the towns are strictly growing fastly, we don't have villages in Anambra, they are all major towns and cities
I don't his point on the airport shaa

BeijinDossier:
Hahahaha

Do you guys need any other reason to know that this old man is a cursed frustrated vagabond. He had to post this at 2am when reasonable people were asleep with their loved ones.

Why would someone be more interested in what doesn't concern him. The airport project is ongoing and someone is still here crying all day and night.

Lemme ask us are those states with airport have better roads than Anambra? NO. Do they have better transport system than Anambra? NO. Do they have better cities than Anambra? NO. Why would this one be so worried about our own project? Infact Anambra is far better than all those states in all indices of development.

Why not go and kill yourself since you cannot bear this reality of the airport project. You did this on omambaladotcom, now you are here. Leave us alone, we don't need your advice, we don't need it.

[s][/s]

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by teresades: 7:28am On Jun 29, 2020
BeijinDossier:
Hahahaha

Does those states with airport have better economic standing than Anambra? NO. Infact Anambra is far ahead of them in various aspects of the economy.

[s][/s]

You are derailing this thread. Learn how to communicate properly.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by BeijinDossier: 7:30am On Jun 29, 2020
That's why I advised you to stop responding to him. What's just me and him, he will disappear. I have dealt with him mercilessly before, that's why he is scared of quoting me. You don't reason with a demon but cast it out. His intention is to hijack the thread but he's not gonna succeed ones am here.

Rocksvibes234:
Mua dey wonder ooo, anambra state is among state that has best road network both urban and rural roads, highly urbanized, with alot of fastest growing cities like, Agulu, Ekwulobia, Ihiala, Oba,
Aguleri, Umueri, Ogidi, Ogbunike, Umunya, Neni, Adazi, I don't know where to start because all the towns are strictly growing fastly, we don't have villages in Anambra, they are all major towns and cities
I don't his point on the airport shaa

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by BeijinDossier: 7:32am On Jun 29, 2020
[s]
teresades:

You are derailing this thread. Learn how to communicate properly.
[/s]

I am not derailing the thread but you and your demonic friend. You people should leave this thread, go create your own thread and masturbate there. I will always be here to check you people's excesses. We didn't open this thread for nuisances to hijack.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by teresades: 7:48am On Jun 29, 2020
mktinsight:

I said it before:

I understand your concerns about costs and so on but as has already been discussed, cost can be greatly reduced if corruption is removed and proper measures put in place.

Actually, nothing stops a government that has vision from constructing such a project and also performing other obligations. For instance is it really that hard to organise the markets or set up a properly functioning public water supply system?

All these things are not especially hard, it's just that our leaders do not have the political will and our people too have very low expectations from them.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by hammer3: 8:38am On Jun 29, 2020
IT IS A SAD DAY, THAT IGBO PEOPLE CAN NOW BE KILLED IN IGBOLAND BY FULANI JUST AS THEY DID IN THE NORTH THAT LED TO THE BIAFRA WAR.

IT IS A SHAME THAT IGBO GIRLS CAN BE ABDUCTED IN IGBO VILLAGE, AS IF THEY ARE IN KANO.

IT IS A SHAME, THAT IGBO GIRLS CAN BE RAPED AND DISMEMBERED IN IGBOLAND, WITHOUT AN OUTRAGE AND THE CULPRITS GO SCOTFREE.

IT IS A SHAME THAT A GOVERNOR OF IGBOLAND CAN HAVE MIYETTI ALLAH AS PART OF HIS GOVERNMENT AND OPENLY SAY IT.

IT IS A SHAME THAT WE ARE NOT ASHAMED.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 10:04am On Jun 29, 2020
Every government has a long list of projects across Transport, Environment, Education, Healthcare, Sports, etc. You prioritize based on impact. The way you know how to prioritize is you do feasibility studies. You do planning.

Your first priority in transport are roads and public transport which is poor and primitive in Anambra. Obaze who incidentally got Obi to focus on UN MDGs in his second term made a point about the bridges government sinks billions into. The amount of Cement and steel you spend on one bridge can build tens of kilometers of roads. Classic example is second Niger Bridge which is 1km in length but costs over 280 billion naira. Was the water not there 280billion would build you over 300km of an expressway. Now with that in mind bridges, flyovers anything that requires piling should take careful planning bc of cost. But Obiano was building them as if money was not an issue and in places with low population like Anambra East.

Then the money spent on Awka flyovers should have tarred the entire 24km stretch from Awka to Umunya before you THEN build flyovers.

They did the same thing with the ICC. Lots of piling work because the site chosen was a swamp. But was that the only site in Awka? ABS which is well drained has a huge expanse and is closer to the town. Look at how quickly a poor state like Ebonyi built there Conference Center. Flat ground No sandfilling, no piling. But ANSG bamboozled by poor planning.

teresades:

I understand your concerns about costs and so on but as has already been discussed, cost can be greatly reduced if corruption is removed and proper measures put in place.

Actually, nothing stops a government that has vision from constructing such a project and also performing other obligations. For instance is it really that hard to organise the markets or set up a properly functioning public water supply system?

All these things are not especially hard, it's just that our leaders do not have the political will and our people too have very low expectations from them.

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by BeijinDossier: 10:14am On Jun 29, 2020
Hahahaha

The cursed demon has resumed work this morning after staying awake all through the night. This must be a curse.

Anambra is doing great in infrastructure, education, transport, agriculture, human capital development etc. Our flyovers, ICC, airport projects are all ongoing alongside all other infrastructural developments. Anambra leads in all positive indices of development ahead of any state in the region.

Who employed you bastard called mktinsight as adviser? We don't need your advice because it is useless worthless and hopeless. Use it to fix your miserable life.

Anambra international airport is ongoing, the only thing you should do now is to take sniper and finish yourself. Leave Anambra alone and fix your miserable life.

[s]
mktinsight:
Every government has a long list of projects across Transport, Environment, Education, Healthcare, Sports, etc. You prioritize based on impact. The way you know how to prioritize is you do feasibility studies. You do planning.Your first priority in transport are roads and public transport which is poor and primitive in Anambra. Obaze who incidentally got Obi to focus on UN MDGs in his second term made a point about the bridges government sinks billions into. The amount of Cement and steel you spend on one bridge can build tens of kilometers of roads. Classic example is second Niger Bridge which is 1km in length but costs over 280 billion naira. Was the water not there 280billion would build you over 300km of an expressway. Now with that in mind bridges, flyovers anything that requires piling should take careful planning bc of cost. But Obiano was building them as if money was not an issue and in places with low population like Anambra East. Then the money spent on Awka flyovers should have tarred the entire 24km stretch from Awka to Umunya before you THEN build flyovers.They did the same thing with the ICC. Lots of piling work because the site chosen was a swamp. But was that the only site in Awka? ABS which is well drained has a huge expanse and is closer to the town. Look at how quickly a poor state like Ebonyi built there Conference Center. Flat ground No sandfilling, no piling. But ANSG bamboozled by poor planning.
[/s]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) ... (1303) (Reply)

Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: asha80(m), Onlinebar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.