Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,362 members, 7,800,731 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:12 AM

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos - Politics (459) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2050687 Views)

Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) / ABIA STATE: Updates On Developments- Pictures / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) ... (1312) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by BeijinDossier: 10:22am On Jun 29, 2020
Ongoing construction works at Anambra international airport.

Mktinsight, drink sniper and die. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by wizzyvibes: 3:23pm On Jun 29, 2020
mktinsight:
Every government has a long list of projects across Transport, Environment, Education, Healthcare, Sports, etc. You prioritize based on impact. The way you know how to prioritize is you do feasibility studies. You do planning.

Your first priority in transport are roads and public transport which is poor and primitive in Anambra. Obaze who incidentally got Obi to focus on UN MDGs in his second term made a point about the bridges government sinks billions into. The amount of Cement and steel you spend on one bridge can build tens of kilometers of roads. Classic example is second Niger Bridge which is 1km in length but costs over 280 billion naira. Was the water not there 280billion would build you over 300km of an expressway. Now with that in mind bridges, flyovers anything that requires piling should take careful planning bc of cost. But Obiano was building them as if money was not an issue and in places with low population like Anambra East.

Then the money spent on Awka flyovers should have tarred the entire 24km stretch from Awka to Umunya before you THEN build flyovers.

They did the same thing with the ICC. Lots of piling work because the site chosen was a swamp. But was that the only site in Awka? ABS which is well drained has a huge expanse and is closer to the town. Look at how quickly a poor state like Ebonyi built there Conference Center. Flat ground No sandfilling, no piling. But ANSG bamboozled by poor planning.

I really get your point. Sincerely obiano has not done a really good job with his large scale projects. The flyover projects in anambra can't even be compared to the ones in ebonyi state. Sometimes I feel that Umahi has done better in 4 years than what obiano has done in over six years.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by wizzyvibes: 3:28pm On Jun 29, 2020
BeijinDossier:
Ongoing construction works at Anambra international airport.

Mktinsight, drink sniper and die. cheesy

Obiano has just over a year to go and the airport project hasn't even gone halfway. This is something he has been promising anambrarians even before his second tenure. I'm really not against the airport project but it is already certain that obiano cannot complete the project. What of the next government decides not to continue the project. It would be a total waste of anambra resources. Take for instance the monorail project started by amaechi but yet still uncompleted due to wine's unwillingness to complete it.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by BeijinDossier: 3:32pm On Jun 29, 2020
These pictures are even not recent, the project has gone far beyond the pictures. There are over 4 different contractors doing different aspects of airport project. Obiano will complete the project real soon. Watch out for updated pictures. Obiano has done 6yrs, remaining 2yrs.

wizzyvibes:

Obiano has just over a year to go and the airport project hasn't even gone halfway. This is something he has been promising anambrarians even before his second tenure. I'm really not against the airport project but it is already certain that obiano cannot complete the project. What of the next government decides not to continue the project. It would be a total waste of anambra resources. Take for instance the monorail project started by amaechi but yet still uncompleted due to wine's unwillingness to complete it.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Anambra1stS0n: 3:34pm On Jun 29, 2020
wizzyvibes:

Gov Obiano is leaving office March 2022.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by wizzyvibes: 3:36pm On Jun 29, 2020
All I'm saying is any government in power should try and complete any project started by him/her. What if the next anambra state governor does not share in obiano's view of having an airport in anambra state. There are so many uncompleted large capital projects in anambra e.g the nnewi shoprite, the large hotel close to Onitsha shoprite, awka shoprite. All these and many more has been left uncompleted and left to rotten. They are already becoming an eyesore. Every time I pass through these places, it does breaks my heart.

All I'm saying is if you set out to start a project, make sure that everything is put in place to ensure its completion. Anambra resources and revenues cannot continue to be wasted on incomplete white elephant projects that yields next to nothing but an eyesore to anambra

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by wizzyvibes: 3:38pm On Jun 29, 2020
BeijinDossier:
These pictures are even not recent, the project has gone far beyond the pictures. There are over 4 different contractors doing different aspects of airport project. Obiano will complete the project real soon. Watch out for updated pictures. Obiano has done 6yrs, remaining 2yrs.

OK I hope he completes it then. I really hope so
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by wizzyvibes: 3:44pm On Jun 29, 2020
mktinsight:
Every government has a long list of projects across Transport, Environment, Education, Healthcare, Sports, etc. You prioritize based on impact. The way you know how to prioritize is you do feasibility studies. You do planning.

Your first priority in transport are roads and public transport which is poor and primitive in Anambra. Obaze who incidentally got Obi to focus on UN MDGs in his second term made a point about the bridges government sinks billions into. The amount of Cement and steel you spend on one bridge can build tens of kilometers of roads. Classic example is second Niger Bridge which is 1km in length but costs over 280 billion naira. Was the water not there 280billion would build you over 300km of an expressway. Now with that in mind bridges, flyovers anything that requires piling should take careful planning bc of cost. But Obiano was building them as if money was not an issue and in places with low population like Anambra East.

Then the money spent on Awka flyovers should have tarred the entire 24km stretch from Awka to Umunya before you THEN build flyovers.

They did the same thing with the ICC. Lots of piling work because the site chosen was a swamp. But was that the only site in Awka? ABS which is well drained has a huge expanse and is closer to the town. Look at how quickly a poor state like Ebonyi built there Conference Center. Flat ground No sandfilling, no piling. But ANSG bamboozled by poor planning.

Mktinsight, I understand all your fears about the project, but work has already started. It is no good wailing over the project. It has already started and whether we Like it or not, work is ongoing. All we need do is support him and hope that he completes the project. I believe that the anambra airport project has high potential of succeeding. Try and see much above your pessimism

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by BeijinDossier: 3:52pm On Jun 29, 2020
wizzyvibes:

Mktinsight, I understand all your fears about the project, but work has already started. It is no good wailing over the project. It has already started and whether we Like it or not, work is ongoing. All we need do is support him and hope that he completes the project. I believe that the anambra airport project has high potential of succeeding. Try and see much above your pessimism

Mktinsight is cursed fellow, he is evil, sadistic and demonic. He always thought himself a wise fellow not know that he is an empty broken idiot.

He has been on this same issue right from the time the project was yet to be awarded. He thought nairaland is where he could deceive anyone.

He is an agent of darkness that was sent to come and cause confusion, because no Anambra indigene has ever spoken against Anambra having it's own airport. Almost everyone here has asked him to take his stupid ideas back because we don't need it. Let me stop here.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Ceegar01: 4:01pm On Jun 29, 2020
[quote author=BeijinDossier post=91201607]These pictures are even not recent, the project has gone far beyond the pictures. There are over 4 different contractors doing different aspects of airport project. Obiano will complete the project real soon. Watch out for updated pictures. Obiano has done 6yrs, remaining 2yrs.
The airport project has not gone far beyond this level but the only difference is that work is going there day and night.
It can even take other states 3 years to get to this present status Anambra state airport is under 7months if not that Obiano engaged seven contractors
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by hammer3: 4:13pm On Jun 29, 2020
I AM YET TO COME ACROSS A MORE FOOLISH PERSON THAN A SOUTHERNER (ODUDUWA & BIAFRA) CHAMPIONING THE UNITY OF ONE NIGGER-AREA

-Even more dumb are the literate dummies that say they are Nigger Delta the ‘Our Oyel’ brigade, South South, Bendel, Mid-West, South-East and goodness knows what other nonsensical name their masters from the Sahel will give them to bear tomorrow.

As these morons are busy dividing themselves with their useless slave names. The Fulani ‘PRESIDENCY’ supported by their terror group Miyetti we gather will on Wednesday- day after tomorrow, flag off their AKK gas pipeline which will cost the ZOO $2.8 billion. Mind you all this money came from Biafraland by virtue of our resources the British stole with the active connivance of their Fulani lapdogs and Oduduwa treachery.

We understand AKK stands for Ajeokuta, Kaduna, Kano.

The sole aim of the gas pipeline is to transfer gas from Biafraland to the terror breeding supporter of APC Sharia territories in a bid to industrialize the north and from there export the gas to other Islamic North African countries.

But here is the issue, the entire Biafraland including the retards that call themselves Nigger Delta, South East and South South have no industrial gas pipeline that will aide industrialization but they are the ones that produce the gas. They drink from the same pool of dirty water they go to toilet in.

Igboland has the biggest gas reserves in the whole of Africa in Ohaji/Egbema/Ugwuta axis. Dangote has been busy purchasing choice acres of gas rich lands with the help of Fulani Supreme Court Governor Hope Uzodinma.

Oduduwa are also benefitting from the enslavement of Biafraland because they too are getting their own gas pipeline from Igboland to the Ogun and Lagos area, to help provide steady electricity for companies there. This is why they want One Nigger-area by all means not because they love you but because of their parasitic tendencies. They are all hypocrites. Now you know why you head to the north or west once you graduate.

According to Okenyi Kenechi, “few months ago, Governor Wike dredged the Iwofe River to allow NLNG gas vessels to deck there. Before that, NLNG gas vessels take gas from Bonny to Lagos where gas is hauled in trucks back to Port Harcourt and other parts of the region. That's why cooking gas is cheaper in Lagos than in Port Harcourt.” Yes you heard him right, cooking gas is cheaper in Lagos than anywhere in Biafraland. When Yoruba tells you about one Nigger-area now you know why.

Kenechi went on to say “you see, when I see young people from South East and South South insulting themselves over Biafra and Niger Delta Republic, I laugh and shake my head. You people are living in the dark. The rest of the country are playing okoso with your futures.”

“Keep shouting APC and PDP while your region is roundly underdeveloped.”

When will our people learn to reason. by Mazi Nnamdi Kanu

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jun 29, 2020
hammer3:
I AM YET TO COME ACROSS A MORE FOOLISH PERSON THAN A SOUTHERNER (ODUDUWA & BIAFRA) CHAMPIONING THE UNITY OF ONE NIGGER-AREA

-Even more dumb are the literate dummies that say they are Nigger Delta the ‘Our Oyel’ brigade, South South, Bendel, Mid-West, South-East and goodness knows what other nonsensical name their masters from the Sahel will give them to bear tomorrow.

As these morons are busy dividing themselves with their useless slave names. The Fulani ‘PRESIDENCY’ supported by their terror group Miyetti we gather will on Wednesday- day after tomorrow, flag off their AKK gas pipeline which will cost the ZOO $2.8 billion. Mind you all this money came from Biafraland by virtue of our resources the British stole with the active connivance of their Fulani lapdogs and Oduduwa treachery.

We understand AKK stands for Ajeokuta, Kaduna, Kano.

The sole aim of the gas pipeline is to transfer gas from Biafraland to the terror breeding supporter of APC Sharia territories in a bid to industrialize the north and from there export the gas to other Islamic North African countries.

But here is the issue, the entire Biafraland including the retards that call themselves Nigger Delta, South East and South South have no industrial gas pipeline that will aide industrialization but they are the ones that produce the gas. They drink from the same pool of dirty water they go to toilet in.

Igboland has the biggest gas reserves in the whole of Africa in Ohaji/Egbema/Ugwuta axis. Dangote has been busy purchasing choice acres of gas rich lands with the help of Fulani Supreme Court Governor Hope Uzodinma.

Oduduwa are also benefitting from the enslavement of Biafraland because they too are getting their own gas pipeline from Igboland to the Ogun and Lagos area, to help provide steady electricity for companies there. This is why they want One Nigger-area by all means not because they love you but because of their parasitic tendencies. They are all hypocrites. Now you know why you head to the north or west once you graduate.

According to Okenyi Kenechi, “few months ago, Governor Wike dredged the Iwofe River to allow NLNG gas vessels to deck there. Before that, NLNG gas vessels take gas from Bonny to Lagos where gas is hauled in trucks back to Port Harcourt and other parts of the region. That's why cooking gas is cheaper in Lagos than in Port Harcourt.” Yes you heard him right, cooking gas is cheaper in Lagos than anywhere in Biafraland. When Yoruba tells you about one Nigger-area now you know why.

Kenechi went on to say “you see, when I see young people from South East and South South insulting themselves over Biafra and Niger Delta Republic, I laugh and shake my head. You people are living in the dark. The rest of the country are playing okoso with your futures.”

“Keep shouting APC and PDP while your region is roundly underdeveloped.”

When will our people learn to reason. by Mazi Nnamdi Kanu
obj moved gas from the ss to develop his region SW, today buhari is doing same. Gas is the future next ,that gas pipeline and the Lagos to Kano railway would give some sections of the north comparative advantage in industrialization while only Abia and Rivers State are the only states in the SE/SS with access to gas!!!!

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by hammer3: 6:38pm On Jun 29, 2020
eduj:

obj moved gas from the ss to develop his region SW, today buhari is doing same. Gas is the future next ,that gas pipeline and the Lagos to Kano railway would give some sections of the north comparative advantage in industrialization while only Abia and Rivers State are the only states in the SE/SS with access to gas!!!!

Both the gas pipeline OBJ built to carry gas from SS to SW and the one Buhari is building to carry gas from the SS.SE TO North will be shut down.

U cannot exclude us from ordinary loan and still depend on our Gas.

The deadweight on SS.SE resources from Nigeria has got to stop.

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Rocksvibes234: 7:28pm On Jun 29, 2020
hammer3:

Both the gas pipeline OBJ built to carry gas from SS to SW and the one Buhari is building to carry gas from the SS.SE TO North will be shut down.

Nnaa, upon everything they do nothing for us neither they collect the ones we have. If our people are not hardworking I wonder the level we will be by now, Chai!!!

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by hammer3: 8:45pm On Jun 29, 2020
Rocksvibes234:

Nnaa, upon everything they do nothing for us neither they collect the ones we have. If our people are not hardworking I wonder the level we will be by now, Chai!!!

Every igbo man is suppose to know the enemy want us dead and gone.

It is only God that is keeping us alive, by his grace.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 11:53pm On Jun 29, 2020
Obj did not build the gas pipeline to SW Chevron built the West African gas pipeline to Tema, Ghana for an Aluminium smelter and Obj connected Ota to it. He also got the Chinese to build two power plants running on gas in Ogun state. That was in 2007.

Igbo governors watched as all the industries all ran to Ota and Agbara because of the gas pipeline and none of them tried to do anything similar. Abia which has a shell pipeline in Aba has let that city degenerate into a primitive, filthy trading jungle. Imo where the NLNG gas pipeline starts has done nothing except build hotels for Ashawo girls. No industrial layout or plan. Anambra which is 45km from gas pipelines in Imo was building flyover and bridges. Yet it would have cost roughly 200m dollars to build the gas pipeline to Onitsha, Nnewi and Awka something they could have done over 4 to 8 years.

Now the Fulani are doing what they know best. Stealing resources under the guise of one Nigeria. Add AKK pipeline to the refinery they are building in Katsina.

hammer3:

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by BeijinDossier: 6:26am On Jun 30, 2020
You are always positioning yourself as the wisest person on earth meanwhile you are just empty and still sitting here on nairaland. Who actually cursed you?

People that actually know something are not sleeping on nairaland but they are out there doing exploits with their intelligence. This must be some sort of a spell.

[s]
mktinsight:
Obj did not build the gas pipeline to SW Chevron built the West African gas pipeline to Tema, Ghana for an Aluminium smelter and Obj connected Ota to it. He also got the Chinese to build two power plants running on gas in Ogun state. That was in 2007.gbo governors watched as all the industries all ran to Ota and Agbara because of the gas pipeline and none of them tried to do anything similar. Abia which has a shell pipeline in Aba has let that city degenerate into a primitive, filthy trading jungle. Imo where the NLNG gas pipeline starts has done nothing except build hotels for Ashawo girls. No industrial layout or plan. Anambra which is 45km from gas pipelines in Imo was building flyover and bridges. Yet it would have cost roughly 200m dollars to build the gas pipeline to Onitsha, Nnewi and Awka something they could have done over 4 to 8 years. Now the Fulani are doing what they know best. Stealing resources under the guise of one Nigeria. Add AKK pipeline to the refinery they are building in Katsina.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Rocksvibes234: 7:09am On Jun 30, 2020
mktinsight:
Obj did not build the gas pipeline to SW Chevron built the West African gas pipeline to Tema, Ghana for an Aluminium smelter and Obj connected Ota to it. He also got the Chinese to build two power plants running on gas in Ogun state. That was in 2007.

Igbo governors watched as all the industries all ran to Ota and Agbara because of the gas pipeline and none of them tried to do anything similar. Abia which has a shell pipeline in Aba has let that city degenerate into a primitive, filthy trading jungle. Imo where the NLNG gas pipeline starts has done nothing except build hotels for Ashawo girls. No industrial layout or plan. Anambra which is 45km from gas pipelines in Imo was building flyover and bridges. Yet it would have cost roughly 200m dollars to build the gas pipeline to Onitsha, Nnewi and Awka something they could have done over 4 to 8 years.

Now the Fulani are doing what they know best. Stealing resources under the guise of one Nigeria. Add AKK pipeline to the refinery they are building in Katsina.

Brother, u don't know the plans of anambra state over that, we have more gas reserse than that so don't blame us

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 7:50am On Jun 30, 2020
Rocksvibes234:

Brother, u don't know the plans of anambra state over that, we have more gas reserse than that so don't blame us

Gas in the ground is unusable. Gas needs processing and that costs hundreds of millions of dollars. To process gas they remove impurities, water and pressurize it.

Connecting to the existing gas pipelines should be a priority for Anambra and they should start small by supplying hero brewery and Harbor industrial layout. Let that be phase I.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by BeijinDossier: 7:59am On Jun 30, 2020
This can only be a curse. So gas connection should be the priority of Anambra state government. Stop giving your advice, it is not needed. Fix your miserable life first with your so called knowledge

[s]
mktinsight:

as in the ground is unusable. Gas needs processing and that costs hundreds of millions of dollars. To process gas they remove impurities, water and pressurize it.
Connecting to the existing gas pipelines should be a priority for Anambra and they should start small by supplying hero brewery and Harbor industrial layout. Let that be phase I.
[/s]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Armon: 2:52pm On Jun 30, 2020
Developing gas has a huge potential for Anambra state but is not easy which includes FG interference and funds too..

While that is ongoing ANSG can continue to follow up with other projects deemed necessary devoid restraints and bottlenecks like the gas development.

For those still in contempt because of the construction of Anambra Airport let it go...is a determined project of ANSG, rather encourage the Government.

Thank you

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by hammer3: 8:27pm On Jun 30, 2020
BeijinDossier:
This can only be a curse. So gas connection should be the priority of Anambra state government. Stop giving your advice, it is not needed. Fix your miserable life first with your so called knowledge

[s][/s]

Anambra gas should be utilised in the same way the oil is being harvested in Anambra state for Commercial / Industrial, Refurbishment.

The gas used to develop industrial city with business park, in the areas where it is located, offering Office Administration, Hospitality, Leisure, Resturants, Bars, Malls, Sports and Gym, whilst surrounded by heavy industries.

This includes the entire range of industrial uses from heavy industry to light and food manufacturing industries, as well as facilities for different types of housing, logistics, and necessary infrastructure.

The administrative hearts of the industrial cities or the business parks is the focal point for governmental and private activities.

That is to say, set up heavy industrial zone with 24 hours electricity suppy.

Some of the companies can even bottle the gas for domestic sale as cylinder gas.

Anyi aburo ewu.

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by hammer3: 9:07pm On Jun 30, 2020
Even as the airport city is rising fast, Obiano should be working on the market study ahead of starting the project to assure the economic feasibility and structure the gas development program as a valid point to know if the quantity is viable for the grand project envisage, as planning consideration.

Then get architecture companies to work on the urban design, landscape architecture, transportation planning, utility design and architectural look of the business parks.

Mind you Anambra still needs a passenger Airport.

The target industries globally, as well as home grown industries, should be those dependant on gas.
i.e plastics industries that need acetic acid, Fertilizer industries that need Ammonia.

also industrial equipment like boilers and burners depend on natural gas. Thus, Boiler and burner manufacturers,

water heater equipment companies and gas stoves companies.

electricity distribution campanies and various other power plant electricity or gas distribution, industries.

as well as, steel, automobile and chemical industries.

It can also be converted to liquid fuel for vehicle transportation.

Some of the companies can even bottle the gas for domestic sale as cylinder gas.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Abohboy: 9:18pm On Jun 30, 2020
The airport should become a free trade zone with hundreds of factories, company headquarters, houses, hotels, resorts etc it could become a whole new city bringing in over 10 billion dollar investments into Anambra.

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by hammer3: 11:47pm On Jun 30, 2020
This is wat southern Nigeria should be doing, not transporting their gas to the terrorist.

The process their gas and transport to ship.

Let us cure our ignorance and not let it destroy us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjlRTFyennU

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 5:04am On Jul 01, 2020
This is what I am talking about PRIORITIES. Obiano is building a cargo airport when there are many communities without BASICS. I had an aunt from Orumba who died for lack of basic health care facilities on ground. Again the state government needs to go round the ENTIRE communities of the state and survey how they live and what things are needed. You cannot go on sentiment or "Choose Your Project" or depending on local LGA/PG people. Health, education, transportation, access to clean water these are basics.

Anambra community in ruins
1st July 2020
Obinna Odogwu, Awka

Just before the end of the bumpy ride, leftward, through the bad and slippery Amansea-Ebenebe-Ugbenu-Awba-Ofemili Road is a rapidly decaying primary healthcare centre (PHC), in Awba-Ofemili community, Awka North Local Government Area of Anambra State.

The PHC, built by former Governor Peter Obi as one of the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) projects, was not put to immediate use at the time, as it was yet to be equipped before Obi left office. The people had hoped that his successor, Governor Willie Obiano, would equip and make it functional.

Unfortunately, seven years after, the facility has remained unequipped and overgrown with bushes. It now serves as safe haven for dangerous reptiles, warts, domestic animals and scorpions. Birds also make their nests there, especially in the fans’ hook on the ceilings and some openings in the roofs and the falling ceilings.

[b]When our correspondent visited the abandoned PHC, there was no single equipment in the facility. It was also gathered that no health officer has ever made appearance in the place since it was built till date. Summarily, the Awba-Ofemili PHC is a perfect representation of dilapidation, abandonment and rot.

During health emergencies, the residents are faced with only two options: rush the patient to a hospital in Ebenebe or Awka, the bad roads notwithstanding, or stay home and suffer whatever fate brings.

A resident, Mrs. Chioma Chidebe, told Daily Sun in tears: “Many women have died due to complications that arose during childbirth. In this community, pregnant women are delivered of their babies at home and some in chemist shops.

“When complications arise, it becomes problematic. Sometimes, before they could be rushed to a hospital in Ebenebe community, which is after Ugbenu community, they die on their way to the hospital.

“Don’t forget that there is bad road here. Before they could get to the hospital in Ebenebe under such difficulty and stress, the woman often dies on the road. We also go to Awka for healthcare services depending on the person’s health needs.”

A further move beyond the PHC into the community, one is confronted with a people in dire need of government’s attention. There was no road, pipe-borne water, good school with adequate staff, quality healthcare system and other basic amenities that make life better.

The Amansea-Ebenebe-Ugbenu-Awba-Ofemili Road, which terminated at the community, was abandoned. The road project was started by the Obi administration but they could not finish it before leaving office. Although the tarred section stopped somewhere at Ebenebe community, Obi was able to construct the bridges and gutters on both sides of the road into Ugbenu community.

Residents complained that not a single pebble was added to the project. They also said they suffer the harsh impact of cholera, typhoid and other waterborne diseases as they lack potable water and as such drink from the Ezu River that passes through their community.[/b]

Touched by the difficulty the people pass through to get water for domestic purposes from the river, Guinness Nigeria, it was gathered, built an overhead tank and piped the Ezu River to a location in the town.

The residents who expressed their gratitude to the company for the effort, however, said there was no water treatment plant attached to the overhead tank. In other words, there is no difference between the water from the overhead tank and the one they fetch directly from the river.

Traditional Prime Minister of the community, Chief Anaelo Nwanelo, narrated that: “The past regime built the hospital but it was not properly equipped. It was built for the community to access healthcare services. There is no doctor. The place is unkempt.

“It has become desolate and thieves have vandalized the hospital. We wrote to the Ministry of Health last year and they came and took inventories of what is needed and what they will do but up till now nothing has happened.

“They have built another one in one of the villages in this community, Umoise. There is no equipment in it. There is no nurse or visiting doctor there. Anglican Church built its own. It is very big but there is no doctor there.

“Our women are dying as a result of complications that arise during childbirth because we can’t access hospital. A town like this does not have a functional hospital or Primary Healthcare Centre.

“The rural electrification of Awba-Ofemili was done with the N20 million choose your project initiative of the state government. If not that money, Awba-Ofemili would have remained in darkness.

“We go to private hospitals in Ebenebe community or Awka. There is no road here. We don’t know whether we are part of this Anambra. We don’t know why they’re treating us the way they’re treating us?

“There is no water in Awba-Ofemili. Our people fetch water from the nearby Ezu River that is very filthy and that is what they drink and cook with.

“Government should come to our aid. Aguleri is not too far from here. It is a short distance from here. One can trek to Aguleri within one hour from this place.

“This is the only nearest place to Onitsha from Awka. From here to Umueluem is not up to 25 minutes using boat.

“Government had sent people to survey the road; that they will build it but up till now there is no action. We are praying to government to come and give us healthcare. Let our women stop dying during childbirth.

“They should equip the two hospitals. Even if they will not give us resident doctors let them give us visiting doctors so that they can be visiting the community. They should post midwives that will live in the community.

“We are dying. The governor should look into this. We are part and parcel of Anambra State.”

However, the Commissioner for Information and Public Enlightenment, Don Adinuba, blamed past administrations for their failure to pay proper attention to developmental issues in the council area. Regardless, he said Obiano had recently directed that the roads and healthcare institutions in the council area be given adequate attention:

“Awka North is extremely important, not only to the politics of Anambra State but also to the economy. It is a food basket. It is a major producer of rice; any time from now, they will see action on one of their key roads and health centres.”

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ikpuchinonye1994: 6:11am On Jul 01, 2020
chinonso dike, the ayes guy cheesy cheesy
when will you start having sense.. you go about causing troubles in other Igbo States thread when ever they post a good news there..Are you an enemy of progress grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by BeijinDossier: 6:29am On Jul 01, 2020
Ogbonna, when shall you dirty Aba miscreant have commonsense. Abia thread has been trending but you are here like ghost instead of you to come there to show us what your shithole Abia state but instead you chose hide under different monikers. Come here to show us your PIGSTY Abia state.

https://www.nairaland.com/5939661/abia-state-development-thread-pictures

[s]
ikpuchinonye1994:
chinonso dike, the ayes guy
when will you start having sense.. you go about causing troubles in other Igbo States thread when ever they post a good news there..Are you an enemy of progress D
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by BeijinDossier: 6:31am On Jul 01, 2020
Then buy 100 hectares and start your own development. Goodluck

hammer3:

Anambra gas should be utilised in the same way the oil is being harvested in Anambra state for Commercial / Industrial, Refurbishment.

The gas used to develop industrial city with business park, in the areas where it is located, offering Office Administration, Hospitality, Leisure, Resturants, Bars, Malls, Sports and Gym, whilst surrounded by heavy industries.

This includes the entire range of industrial uses from heavy industry to light and food manufacturing industries, as well as facilities for different types of housing, logistics, and necessary infrastructure.

The administrative hearts of the industrial cities or the business parks is the focal point for governmental and private activities.

That is to say, set up heavy industrial zone with 24 hours electricity suppy.

Anyi aburo ewu.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by hammer3: 7:25am On Jul 01, 2020
BeijinDossier:
Then buy 100 hectares and start your own development. Goodluck

If u people offer me, in the industrial city, i will buy and develop it, provided the incentives are provided by the state gov as an indigene.

I have always wanted to develop steel industry in Anambra.

Let us go there and set up a favourable climate for Anambra jobs.

It all starts with the indigenous gas processing plants.

Then indigenous gas power plant and gas supply plant.

Sell shares, we go invest in the gas plant and electricity power plant.

Funds is not an issue, float it on the stock market and get the money to fund the main two projects and plan for private sector to do the rest.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Rocksvibes234: 8:37am On Jul 03, 2020
Obiano legacy of Good road in Anambra Central

We will be showing u some of them

6 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Rocksvibes234: 8:38am On Jul 03, 2020
More

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) ... (1312) (Reply)

Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.