Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,350 members, 7,808,225 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:00 AM

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos - Politics (593) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2059834 Views)

Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) / ABIA STATE: Updates On Developments- Pictures / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (590) (591) (592) (593) (594) (595) (596) ... (1315) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by GitmoAuditors: 9:21pm On Feb 14, 2021
Lol the clown has now exposed himself. The same Anambra that has the largest industrial presence in Eastern region. The same Anambra with the largest population in the region. How silly and dumb can one be at the same time bikonu. Even just IVM company alone in Anambra has more university graduate engineers than all the states in the region. Have some self pity for yourself cheesy

[s]
Obi1kenobi:

schooled in UNN with plenty of Anambrarians in my Engineering class. Most of them are in Lagos, Ogun, PH, Abuja, Enugu etc because those are where the jobs are for white collar, skilled professionals. I know like one of them that works with Enugu Distribution Company in Anambra. I hardly know any of them that are based in Anambra.
[/s]

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by GitmoAuditors: 9:23pm On Feb 14, 2021
globemoney01:

Yes they are in Ogun because we have human resources in Abundance.. They go to Ogun to take away the jobs from Ogun indigenes since there's a shortage of workforce in Ogun.. While Anambra is the least in unemployment with indigenous workforce, Anambra indegenes still make up a large chunk of Ogun workforce according to you. Win Win

Ob1kenobi's brain cannot even process this post, in a bid to make post, he is sounding more dumb. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by cjrane: 9:23pm On Feb 14, 2021
ChimaAdeoye:

I wish i can frame this post here! We know who these people are, but we don't want to go there since they prefer acting under fake names.

You finally removed their mask LOL..... grin grin grin

Watch how he comes back with I'm from Umunya in Bende LGA of Anambra state. Without knowing a single family in Umunya or any landmarks there. Yet, has very deep, tap-rooted information about Ogun or Osun that only someone from there would know. grin grin grin

EXACTLY!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Obi1kenobi(m): 9:29pm On Feb 14, 2021
globemoney01:

Phone lines cannot be used to measure viability of economy because its not regulated. One person can have as many as 100 lines... This is even a stupid argument..

Again, nobody said this. You're building a strawman and arguing against the nonsensical strawman you erected due to your failure of comprehension.

If having more people in employment doesnt mean a bigger economy so its having more phone lines that is.. Why does Lagos and the big states then have the highest? FYI, The stats also showing underemployment stats of which Ogun still has more underemployed than Anambra. So STFU and ake your ignorance and foolishness out of here

Again, nobody said this. You're building a strawman and arguing against the nonsensical strawman you erected due to your failure of comprehension

Underemployment is skewed towards white collar workers in skilled jobs in the organized private sector whose skills are underutilized in the job. It is less applicable to self-employed traders for example - which is why Anambra may fare better than civil service states like Imo or a state with a strong organized private sector like Ogun. Again, it is not the sole arbiter of which economy is bigger or which isn't. In the same NBS stats you're mastuurbating over, a number of states listed with bigger GDPs than Anambra like Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom, Rivers etc have far higher unemployment and underemployment rates than Anambra. How is that consistent with your claim?
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Obi1kenobi(m): 9:33pm On Feb 14, 2021
globemoney01:

Yes they are in Ogun because we have human resources in Abundance.. They go to Ogun to take away the jobs from Ogun indigenes since there's a shortage of workforce in Ogun.. While Anambra is the least in unemployment with indigenous workforce, Anambra indegenes still make up a large chunk of Ogun workforce according to you. Win Win

Irrelevant. You asked how Anambra people are running to Ogun. I'm pointing out Ogun hosts more industries than any state outside Lagos and it's a hub for skilled graduates looking for skilled work.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Obi1kenobi(m): 9:33pm On Feb 14, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
apart from Lagos and Abuja, all other southern states are basically the same in terms of white collar jobs.

No they're not.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by JohnBullMySon: 9:38pm On Feb 14, 2021
Obi1kenobi:

No they're not.
I've lived in anambra and enugu, give me five corporate companies in ogun and I will give back it's equivalent in those cities to you. Infact, for blue collar industries, there are more blue collar jobs in anambra than anywhere else in the south apart from lagos.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by GitmoAuditors: 9:39pm On Feb 14, 2021
Lol beating around the bush like a mad man

[s]
Obi1kenobi:

No they're not.
Obi1kenobi:
rrelevant. You asked how Anambra people are running to Ogun. I'm pointing out Ogun hosts more industries than any state outside Lagos and it's a hub for skilled graduates looking for skilled work.
Obi1kenobi:
Again, nobody said this. You're building a strawman and arguing against the nonsensical strawman you erected due to your failure of comprehension. Again, nobody said this. You're building a strawman and arguing against the nonsensical strawman you erected due to your failure of comprehensionUnderemployment is skewed towards white collar workers in skilled jobs in the organized private sector whose skills are underutilized in the job. It is less applicable to self-employed traders for example - which is why Anambra may fare better than civil service states like Imo or a state with a strong organized private sector like Ogun. Again, it is not the sole arbiter of which economy is bigger or which isn't. In the same NBS stats you're mastuurbating over, a number of states listed with bigger GDPs than Anambra like Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom, Rivers etc have far higher unemployment and underemployment rates than Anambra. How is that consistent with your claim?
[/s]

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by globemoney01: 9:43pm On Feb 14, 2021
Obi1kenobi:

[s]Again, nobody said this. You're building a strawman and arguing against the nonsensical strawman you erected due to your failure of comprehension.

Again, nobody said this. You're building a strawman and arguing against the nonsensical strawman you erected due to your failure of comprehension

Underemployment is skewed towards white collar workers in skilled jobs in the organized private sector whose skills are underutilized in the job. It is less applicable to self-employed traders for example - which is why Anambra may fare better than civil service states like Imo or a state with a strong organized private sector like Ogun. Again, it is not the sole arbiter of which economy is bigger or which isn't. In the same NBS stats you're mastuurbating over, a number of states listed with bigger GDPs than Anambra like Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom, Rivers etc have far higher unemployment and underemployment rates than Anambra. How is that consistent with your claim?[/s]

This is not a beer parlor.. Show stats or data to back your claim. Stop manufacturing claims from your anus. Show your data if you disagree with NBS data. I never asked you to explain underemployment to me. Or explain why Ogun should have less unemployment, labour force amd underemployment. I believe you claim to be a scholar so show it.. Provide data!

And now you have started showing Oil producing states with "Oil GDP" and dont know why they have higher unemployment? Should I explain that to you as well ..

Well lets dwell on ogun. The state with "big economy" that went cap in hand to beg for bailout.. Remember the real big states Lagos, Anambra and Rivers didnt take bailout...

It was a reason I asked you to open a new thread lets debate this Ogun vs Anambra

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by globemoney01: 9:45pm On Feb 14, 2021
Obi1kenobi:

Irrelevant. You asked how Anambra people are running to Ogun. I'm pointing out Ogun hosts more industries than any state outside Lagos and it's a hub for skilled graduates looking for skilled work.
Data says otherwise.. Data shows Anambra has more in workforce than Ogun and guess where they are working?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by GitmoAuditors: 9:48pm On Feb 14, 2021
Hahahaha

See finishing. The cursed ob1kenobi go hear am tonight.

globemoney01:

This is not a beer parlor.. Show stats or data to back your claim. Stop manufacturing claims from your anus. Show your data if you disagree with NBS data. I never asked you to explain underemployment to me. Or explain why Ogun should have less unemployment, labour force amd underemployment. I believe you claim to be a scholar so show it.. Provide data!

And now you have started showing Oil producing states with "Oil GDP" and dont know why they have higher unemployment? Should I explain that to you as well ..

Well lets dwell in ogun. The state with "big economy" that went cap in hand to beg for bailout.. Remember the real big states Lagos, Anambra and Rivers didnt take bailout...

It was a reason I asked you to open a new thread lets debate this Ogun vs Anambra

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Obi1kenobi(m): 9:58pm On Feb 14, 2021
globemoney01:

Oh, so it's not just GDP matter. There is "oil gdp"? Your comments correlating GDP and employment did not make any exceptions for "oil GDP". grin So the claim was unnuanced bullshit. Which was why I told you your "common sense" was not actually sensible. You want "stats" to back up my claim about underemployment and unemployment being favorably skewed to self-employed traders in the informal sector, yet, you want to escape your own contradiction without stats or data by rambling about "oil GDP".

Well lets dwell in ogun. The state with "big economy" that went cap in hand to beg for bailout.. Remember the real big states Lagos, Anambra and Rivers didnt take bailout...

Ogun state needing an FG bailout is irrelevant from the demonstrable fact that the state government generates far more in revenue from its state economy than Anambra. Big countries and multinational mega firms have been bailed out. During the US financial crisis of the mid to late 00's, big automakers, banks, mortgage firms etc got bailouts from the US government when small businesses couldn't get them. Many small states didn't get any bailout so the bailout has nothing to do with being a big state or small state. Ogun state was fiscally irresponsible and got itself into debt. That doesn't have any relevance with the fact they generate far more in IGR than Anambra. And that is a fact.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by afube: 10:03pm On Feb 14, 2021
Obi1kenobi:

loool....so Ogun state having 3% less registered voters than Anambra is definitive proof that Anambra is more populated, but having over 100% more registered active phone lines is not? Considering Anambra had a far higher PVC collection rate than Ogun (85% to 71%), what's the relevance of IPOB?
I have made no definitive claims that Ogun is more populated than Anambra, so I'm not sure why you're foaming in the mouth. I highlighted incongruous statistics showing that Anambra's population is overstated and overrated due to the population density on a tiny landmass - especially in light of those claiming Onitsha has 7 million people which is obviously nonsense - and that we don't have current census data to settle it conclusively.

So Anambra's GDP ""thrashed" Ogun state (it was actually N3tr to N2.8tr which doesn't count as "thrashing" to most balanced people), and yet generates far less revenue, runs a smaller budget, and attracts vastly less FDI than Ogun? Interesting.

Every population figure in Nigeria is inflated !

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by GitmoAuditors: 10:10pm On Feb 14, 2021
Yet again you haven't been able to counter his questions. These guys have really wrecked you with facts and figures. cheesy

[s]
Obi1kenobi:

Oh, so it's not just GDP matter. There is "oil gdp"? Your comments correlating GDP and employment did not make any exceptions for "oil GDP". So the claim was unnuanced bullshit. Which was why I told you your "common sense" was not actually sensible. You want "stats" to back up my claim about underemployment and unemployment being favorably skewed to self-employed traders in the informal sector, yet, you want to escape your own contradiction without stats or data by rambling about "oil GDP". Ogun state needing an FG bailout is irrelevant from the demonstrable fact that the state government generates far more in revenue from its state economy than Anambra. Big countries and multinational mega firms have been bailed out. During the US financial crisis of the mid to late 00's, big automakers, banks, mortgage firms etc got bailouts from the US government when small businesses couldn't get them. Many small states didn't get any bailout so the bailout has nothing to do with being a big state or small state. Ogun state was fiscally irresponsible and got itself into debt. That doesn't have any relevance with the fact they generate far more in IGR than Anambra. And that is a fact.
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Anambra1stSon(m): 10:19pm On Feb 14, 2021
globemoney01:

Phone lines cannot be used to measure viability of economy because its not regulated. One person can have as many as 100 lines... This is even a stupid argument..

If having more people in employment doesnt mean a bigger economy so its having more phone lines that is.. Why does Lagos and the big states then have the highest? FYI, The stats also showing underemployment stats of which Ogun still has more underemployed than Anambra. So STFU and ake your ignorance and foolishness out of here
Southwest states are headquarters for fraudsters.

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by globemoney01: 10:24pm On Feb 14, 2021
Obi1kenobi:

[s]Oh, so it's not just GDP matter. There is "oil gdp"? Your comments correlating GDP and employment did not make any exceptions for "oil GDP". grin So the claim was unnuanced bullshit. Which was why I told you your "common sense" was not actually sensible. You want "stats" to back up my claim about underemployment and unemployment being favorably skewed to self-employed traders in the informal sector, yet, you want to escape your own contradiction without stats or data by rambling about "oil GDP".

Ogun state needing an FG bailout is irrelevant from the demonstrable fact that the state government generates far more in revenue from its state economy than Anambra. Big countries and multinational mega firms have been bailed out. During the US financial crisis of the mid to late 00's, big automakers, banks, mortgage firms etc got bailouts from the US government when small businesses couldn't get them. Many small states didn't get any bailout so the bailout has nothing to do with being a big state or small state. Ogun state was fiscally irresponsible and got itself into debt. That doesn't have any relevance with the fact they generate far more in IGR than Anambra. And that is a fact.[/s]
You seem to foolishly categorize Anambra Employment stats as traders and informal sector not knowing traders may not even be captured, and will further cut your ogun to size when captured. Anambra tops ogun in Services for a reason. Anambra tops ogun in every form of employment.. Thats what you must accept!

Ogun may have a better IGR generating system than Anambra and that does not mean there is more economic activity in Ogun than Anambra. Anambra doubled its IGR from 500m to over 1 billion within first 6 months of Obiano admin.

And then I'm talking about state govt here not companies.. A whole difference between a public sector begging for bailout and a private entity.. Again all states took the bailout except the real big states, Anambra, Lagos and Rivers..

Ogun trails Anambra in every indices.. Look at the fiscal sustainability index 2020. Lagos comes tops in the revised Data, followed by Rivers and Anambra..

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by TheIstOfHisName: 10:39pm On Feb 14, 2021
Obi1kenobi:

Every single state which built an airport claimed the same thing. Every single one. They all had lofty dreams about the airports transforming their states to Dubai or Singapore. A few years later, after the high overhead costs of running the airport and low patronage starts to hit hard, they contact the FG and hand over the liability for FAAN to run.

They didn't see IPP projects to invest in to supply power to an underserved state. Or connect gas pipelines to serve industrial clusters. Or critical infrastructural projects closer to communities in water supply, erosion control, road construction etc. The vision was to squander N6billion to N8billion annually on a white elephant, vanity project. After lying with useless MOUs initially claiming the construction of the airport will be a private-driven venture.

Every state isn't Anambra state. If there are states that truly deserve an airport in Nigeria, it's states earmarked by the Finance Ministry or the CBN as been the most viable in commerce, ease of doing business, SMEs and cash circulation. States like Lagos, Kano, Rivers, Anambra, Abia and Ogun. Save your energy for the other states outside the states mentioned above.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by TheIstOfHisName: 10:45pm On Feb 14, 2021
Obi1kenobi:

I schooled in UNN with plenty of Anambrarians in my Engineering class. Most of them are in Lagos, Ogun, PH, Abuja, Enugu etc because those are where the jobs are for white collar, skilled professionals. I know like one of them that works with Enugu Distribution Company in Anambra. I hardly know any of them that are based in Anambra.

This is a rather too childish and immature comparison. So that you know Anambrarians who reside outside the state is enough benchmark to say there are no jobs in Anambra ����

I shaa pity the person way dey reply these your jargoons.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Obi1kenobi(m): 10:54pm On Feb 14, 2021
globemoney01:

You seem to foolishly categorize Anambra Employment stats as traders and informal sector not knowing traders may not even be captured, and will further cut your ogun to size when captured. Anambra tops ogun in Services for a reason. Anambra tops ogun in every form of employment.. Thats what you must accept!

"May not be captured". An assumption based on what? I thought you said this is not a beer parlour? Anambra best ranking is in the "services" industry. What services do you think puts Anambra so high in services apart from trading and commerce? Tourism? grin

Ogun may have a better IGR generating system than Anambra and that does not mean there is more economic activity in Ogun than Anambra. Anambra doubled its IGR from 500m to over 1 billion within first 6 months of Obiano admin.

Ogun generates far more in taxes because the organized private sector pay their taxes while traders in the informal sector are tax dodgers. You either have to acknowledge that Ogun state generate far more income because they cultivate a more conventional business environment that attracts well-structured organizations and skilled workers who understand their civic obligations, or acknowledge the Anambra government as woefully inept and clueless about proper business regulation and revenue generation. Either way, the facts are still the facts that Anambra lags far behind Ogun in revenue generation. Ogun competes with Rivers in IGR for 2nd place after Lagos. Anambra gets beaten even by states like Cross River and Kogi.

And then I'm talking about state govt here not companies.. A whole difference between a public sector begging for bailout and a private entity.. Again all states took the bailout except the real big states, Anambra, Lagos and Rivers..

Ogun trails Anambra in every indices.. Look at the fiscal sustainability index 2020. Lagos comes tops in the revised Data, followed by Rivers and Anambra..

Again, debt is a function of fiscal responsibility. Ogun plunged itself into debt cos it had a bloated state civil service and spent beyond its means on capital projects. Debt has nothing to do with being a big state or small state. I don't see how that is relevant. You can ridicule Ogun for mismanagement and misappropriation, but it has no relevance to their revenue generation.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Obi1kenobi(m): 10:57pm On Feb 14, 2021
TheIstOfHisName:

This is a rather too childish and immature comparison. So that you know Anambrarians who reside outside the state is enough benchmark to say there are no jobs in Anambra ����

I shaa pity the person way dey reply these your jargoons.

Who said there are no jobs in Anambra. Quote where you read the statement. I said there are more white collar jobs in states like Ogun. Do you understand the simple difference between an absolute claim and a comparative/relative one?

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by GitmoAuditors: 10:58pm On Feb 14, 2021
You have been beaten blue and black. Just look at how you are running from pillar to post . Tufia cheesy

[s]
Obi1kenobi:

May not be captured". An assumption based on what? I thought you said this is not a beer parlour? Anambra best ranking is in the "services" industry. What services do you think puts Anambra so high in services apart from trading and commerce? Tourism? ;Ogun generates far more in taxes because the organized private sector pay their taxes while traders in the informal sector are tax dodgers. You either have to acknowledge that Ogun state generate far more income because they cultivate a more conventional business environment that attracts well-structured organizations and skilled workers who understand their civic obligations, or acknowledge the Anambra government as woefully inept and clueless about proper business regulation and revenue generation. Either way, the facts are still the facts that Anambra lags far behind Ogun in revenue generation. Ogun competes with Rivers in IGR for 2nd place after Lagos. Anambra gets beaten even by states like Cross River and Kogi.Again, debt is a function of fiscal responsibility. Ogun plunged itself into debt cos it had a bloated state civil service and spent beyond its means on capital projects. Debt has nothing to do with being a big state or small state. I don't see how that is relevant. You can ridicule Ogun for mismanagement and misappropriation, but it has no relevance to their revenue generation.
[/s]

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by globemoney01: 11:22pm On Feb 14, 2021
Obi1kenobi:

[s]"May not be captured". An assumption based on what? I thought you said this is not a beer parlour? Anambra best ranking is in the "services" industry. What services do you think puts Anambra so high in services apart from trading and commerce? Tourism? grin

Ogun generates far more in taxes because the organized private sector pay their taxes while traders in the informal sector are tax dodgers. You either have to acknowledge that Ogun state generate far more income because they cultivate a more conventional business environment that attracts well-structured organizations and skilled workers who understand their civic obligations, or acknowledge the Anambra government as woefully inept and clueless about proper business regulation and revenue generation. Either way, the facts are still the facts that Anambra lags far behind Ogun in revenue generation. Ogun competes with Rivers in IGR for 2nd place after Lagos. Anambra gets beaten even by states like Cross River and Kogi.

Again, debt is a function of fiscal responsibility. Ogun plunged itself into debt cos it had a bloated state civil service and spent beyond its means on capital projects. Debt has nothing to do with being a big state or small state. I don't see how that is relevant. You can ridicule Ogun for mismanagement and misappropriation, but it has no relevance to their revenue generation. [/s]
I thought you said you are an authority in English language, either you are just a quack or your comprehension skill is zero.. In saying may not be captured, I didn't allude it was captured or not, I was basically trying to correct your false impression that Anambra low unemployment rate is because of traders and informal sector, if that is true then why is Abia rate very high? Infact I'm trying to tell you now that the informal sector was not captured!

Anambra records far more Economic activities than Ogun.. You cant tell me Otta, Sagamu records more economic activities than Nnewi and Onitsha! Abeokuta is basically a dead city. I've been there. I repeat that Ogun only has a better IGR system than Anambra and that is why even states like Ebonyi used to generate more IGR than Anambra so thats a no brainer..

Pray tell what capital projects did Ogun do that plunged it into debt? mention the capital projects lets compare with capital projects in Anambra.. Their revenue generation according to you should have helped out, alas it cant... You are trying to explain to me why ogun is in debt and yet you dont want me to explain why Ogun reports more IGR than Anambra. Big clown

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 12:31am On Feb 15, 2021
ONLY PICTURES OF DEVELOPMENTS IN ANAMBRA STATE SHOULD BE POSTED HERE.

IF I SEE ANY OTHER INSULTS OR QUARREL HERE,

I WILL DO EVERYTHING I.T. POSSIBLE TO ENSURE YOU ARE REMOVED FROM THIS FORUM.

YOU SPOILT CHILDREN

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Obi1kenobi(m): 12:36am On Feb 15, 2021
globemoney01:

I thought you said you are an authority in English language, either you are just a quack or your comprehension skill is zero.. In saying may not be captured, I didn't allude it was captured or not, I was basically trying to correct your false impression that Anambra low unemployment rate is because of traders and informal sector, if that is true then why is Abia rate very high? Infact I'm trying to tell you now that the informal sector was not captured!

Your exact context is what I quoted and whether you used "may" or not, you still made a presumption. grin If I said "the world may have been created by the flying spaghetti monster", your puzzlement at my comment would be no different from what it would be if I said "the world was created by the flying spaghetti monster". You're trying to be too clever for your own good and look ridiculous. Then he doubles the clownery and goes ahead to say that my exact initial assumption was exactly what he was saying by stating the informal sector was not captured. Again, based on what? Your study of NBS methodology? All Nigerian GDP estimations by any institution from NBS to IMF include the informal sector because it is a very large part of the Nigerian economy - the largest chunk of the economy infact. Sectors like Agriculture (which accounts for most of our GDP and employment), trading, real estate, arts and entertainment etc are primarily driven by the informal sector:
http://www.nigerianstat.gov.ng/download/403
So you're talking nonsense to say it was "not captured"

Anambra records far more Economic activities than Ogun.. You cant tell me Otta, Sagamu records more economic activities than Nnewi and Onitsha! Abeokuta is basically a dead city. I've been there. I repeat that Ogun only has a better IGR system than Anambra and that is why even states like Ebonyi used to generate more IGR than Anambra so thats a no brainer..

Pray tell what capital projects did Ogun do that plunged it into debt? mention the capital projects lets compare with capital projects in Anambra.. Their revenue generation according to you should have helped out, alas it cant... You are trying to explain to me why ekiti is in debt and yet you dont want me to explain why Ogun reports more IGR than Anambra. Big clown

There are few towns more overrated in Nigeria than Nnewi. I spend all my time in Anambra at yuletide periods around the Onitsha-Idemili North area and I'm also well acquainted with Awka. But I had never been to Nnewi since childhood until touring the place a few years ago and I was surprised at how rural the place was looking: the famous city of billionaires that Anambra braggarts love to beat their chest about.
Ogun's industries are not in Abeokuta which is the seat of government and more of a residential area that is more comparable to Awka, so using Abeokuta as your barometer for Ogun economic activity is nonsense. I don't even understand what you're rambling about in the emboldened about Ekiti. Maybe reframe the comment so it could make sense. How Ogun got into debt is not my business and I don't care to research their domestic politics and it is not relevant to the fact that Ogun generates far more in IGR than Anambra.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by globemoney01: 12:49am On Feb 15, 2021
Obi1kenobi:

[s]Your exact context is what I quoted and whether you used "may" or not, you still made a presumption. grin If I said "the world may have been created by the flying spaghetti monster", your puzzlement at my comment would be no different from what it would be if I said "the world was created by the flying spaghetti monster". You're trying to be too clever for your own good and look ridiculous. Then he doubles the clownery and goes ahead to say that my exact initial assumption was exactly what he was saying by stating the informal sector was not captured. Again, based on what? Your study of NBS methodology? All Nigerian GDP estimations by any institution from NBS to IMF include the informal sector because it is a very large part of the Nigerian economy - the largest chunk of the economy infact. Sectors like Agriculture (which accounts for most of our GDP and employment), trading, real estate, arts and entertainment etc are primarily driven by the informal sector:

There are few towns more overrated in Nigeria than Nnewi. I spend all my time in Anambra at yuletide periods around the Onitsha-Idemili North area and I'm also well acquainted with Awka. But I had never been to Nnewi since childhood until touring the place a few years ago and I was surprised at how rural the place was looking: the famous city of billionaires that Anambra braggarts love to beat their chest about.
Ogun's industries are not in Abeokuta which is the seat of government and more of a residential area that is more comparable to Awka, so using Abeokuta as your barometer for Ogun economic activity is nonsense. I don't even understand what you're rambling about in the emboldened about Ekiti. Maybe reframe the comment so it could make sense. How Ogun got into debt is not my business and I don't care to research their domestic politics and it is not relevant to the fact that Ogun generates far more in IGR than Anambra. [/s]
No substance just jargons upon jargons. But I'm ready for you today you must learn by force. Stop looking for little mistakes to dwell latch on and divert from topic. I clearly made a mistake with Ekiti which Ive corrected but everyone with brain know I mean Ogun.

If Nnewi is rural.. Is it more rural than Sagamu or is Sagamu more industrialized than Nnewi? Is Otta more developed than Onitsha.. We all agree Abeaokuta is dead so what is the leverage Ogun has over Anambra...

You have now dubled down from explaining why Ogun took bailouts to now saying its not your business.. Yes its a fact that Ogun reports more IGR than Anambra just like other states, no one is disputing that but thats where it ends... Once Anambra is able to fix its revenue system it will be competing with Rivers in IGR and not even Ogun.

Finally you have exposed yourselve as not being from Anambra so why did Anambra Airport become your headache? Why not face your rural state and get useful to yourself..

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 3:13am On Feb 15, 2021
Obi1kenobi:

Your exact context is what I quoted and whether you used "may" or not, you still made a presumption. grin If I said "the world may have been created by the flying spaghetti monster", your puzzlement at my comment would be no different from what it would be if I said "the world was created by the flying spaghetti monster". You're trying to be too clever for your own good and look ridiculous. Then he doubles the clownery and goes ahead to say that my exact initial assumption was exactly what he was saying by stating the informal sector was not captured. Again, based on what? Your study of NBS methodology? All Nigerian GDP estimations by any institution from NBS to IMF include the informal sector because it is a very large part of the Nigerian economy - the largest chunk of the economy infact. Sectors like Agriculture (which accounts for most of our GDP and employment), trading, real estate, arts and entertainment etc are primarily driven by the informal sector:

Ogun's industries are not in Abeokuta which is the seat of government and more of a residential area that is more comparable to Awka, so using Abeokuta as your barometer for Ogun economic activity is nonsense. I don't even understand what you're rambling about in the emboldened about Ekiti. Maybe reframe the comment so it could make sense. How Ogun got into debt is not my business and I don't care to research their domestic politics and it is not relevant to the fact that Ogun generates far more in IGR than Anambra.

Yes Nnewi resembles a village but in terms of industry they are trying more than many places and it is the fault of the Anambra State government that they have done very little for that town.

About Ogun, despite its poor infrastructure, the likes of P&G, Nestle, Nigerian Breweries, Lafarge, Hayat have all built multi million dollar industries because Ogun has two things in its favor. Gas pipelines and proximity to the seaport. Anambra needs to invest in gas pipelines to Onitsha and creating industrial layouts to get the big multinational investments.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by JohnBullMySon: 7:27am On Feb 15, 2021
mktinsight:

Yes Nnewi resembles a village but in terms of industry they are trying more than many places and it is the fault of the Anambra State government that they have done very little for that town.

About Ogun, despite its poor infrastructure, the likes of P&G, Nestle, Nigerian Breweries, Lafarge, Hayat have all built multi million dollar industries because Ogun has two things in its favor. Gas pipelines and proximity to the seaport. Anambra needs to invest in gas pipelines to Onitsha and creating industrial layouts to get the big multinational investments.

The gas pipelines part is very true.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by martinect2803(m): 7:36am On Feb 15, 2021
This is very very sad. Why is Wilberforce obstructing justice? Why frustrate the process? Why hide James Nwafor? Ndị ji number ya kpọkwaa ya na phone.
https://www.nairaland.com/6415804/anambra-endsars-panel-members-resign
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by custainmowole: 7:40am On Feb 15, 2021
Globe, decimated you with facts and relevant information while you are busy coming back with weak responses. cheesy

[s]
Obi1kenobi:

here are few towns more overrated in Nigeria than Nnewi. I spend all my time in Anambra at yuletide periods around the Onitsha-Idemili North area and I'm also well acquainted with Awka. But I had never been to Nnewi since childhood until touring the place a few years ago and I was surprised at how rural the place was looking: the famous city of billionaires that Anambra braggarts love to beat their chest about.Ogun's industries are not in Abeokuta which is the seat of government and more of a residential area that is more comparable to Awka, so using Abeokuta as your barometer for Ogun economic activity is nonsense. I don't even understand what you're rambling about in the emboldened about Ekiti. Maybe reframe the comment so it could make sense. How Ogun got into debt is not my business and I don't care to research their domestic politics and it is not relevant to the fact that Ogun generates far more in IGR than Anambra.
[/s]

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by custainmowole: 7:42am On Feb 15, 2021
Nwanne you are just too much. See how you have torn ob1kenobi to pieces. cheesy

globemoney01:

No substance just jargons upon jargons. But I'm ready for you today you must learn by force. Stop looking for little mistakes to dwell latch on and divert from topic. I clearly made a mistake with Ekiti which Ive corrected but everyone with brain know I mean Ogun.

If Nnewi is rural.. Is it more rural than Sagamu or is Sagamu more industrialized than Nnewi? Is Otta more developed than Onitsha.. We all agree Abeaokuta is dead so what is the leverage Ogun has over Anambra...

You have now dubled down from explaining why Ogun took bailouts to now saying its not your business.. Yes its a fact that Ogun reports more IGR than Anambra just like other states, no one is disputing that but thats where it ends... Once Anambra is able to fix its revenue system it will be competing with Rivers in IGR and not even Ogun.

Finally you have exposed yourselve as not being from Anambra so why did Anambra Airport become your headache? Why not face your rural state and get useful to yourself..

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (590) (591) (592) (593) (594) (595) (596) ... (1315) (Reply)

Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.