Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,992 members, 7,806,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:14 AM

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos - Politics (678) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2058722 Views)

Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) / ABIA STATE: Updates On Developments- Pictures / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (675) (676) (677) (678) (679) (680) (681) ... (1315) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 8:07am On May 16, 2021
MysteryShopper:
You are totally correct nwanne. There's also no where in the entire region where you can find a completely well paved roads with covered drains except in Awka. You are very much in order

Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 8:11am On May 16, 2021
IGBOSON1:
Clip on the illegal oil activities going on in Anambra! They use pipes and suck the oil to their base in Delta State, while leaving behind the pollution for the host communities to deal with. The commissioner is saying they've complained to the federal gov't and its agencies concerned in the oil and gas sector, but haven't got any response from them....they may just as well be talking to a brick wall. So basically, billions of naira worth of resources are being stolen from Ndi Anambra every day, and they're getting sweet fuckall in return! When i talk of the Nigerian political-economy not favouring Igbos, this is just one example out of many to help buttress my point!

No true Igbo blud can watch this clip and still be waxing lyrical on the virtues of 'one Nigeria'! Personally, i'm not surprosed the Buhari gov't is enabling the criminality going on, either by ommission or commision.

Courtesy Njenje Media.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqsi235lBMc

This is Nigerian federal system at work. The Indian company received their oil allocation in Abuja and moved to Anambra for oil exploration. The company said that they came with coordinates from Abuja and the coordinates landed them at Ogbaru in Anambra where they started exploration. Hopefully this oil exploration leads to the full recognition of Anambra as an oil producing state soon.

8 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 8:30am On May 16, 2021
ChimaAdeoye:
If they can make the interior of the terminal building look like this, it would undoubtedly be the most beautiful and most modern airport terminal in Nigeria.

One notable thing I would wish they do is to reinforce the exposed steel pillars with concrete so that they are round in shape as in the video. If the steel pillars are made to appear as round pillars and tiled, it will greatly add to the beauty of the terminal building.

Reinforcing the steel pillars by pouring concrete around them to turn them into round concrete pillars will also help in the protection of the steel pillars from corrosion and rust which could weaken it in time. In our environment with poor maintenance culture, unless the steel pillars are routinely painted and maintained, they could be exposed to corrosion over time. Moreover, ultimately round tiled pillars would be more esthetically appealing than exposing the raw I- shaped steel pillars supporting the superstructure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sIEu8ipZpA

The video is breathtaking. I like the way the developers are building exactly what's on the 3-D unlike the usual Nigerian mode of building entirely something different from the 3-D. From all estimations, Anambra international airport is gonna be the most beautiful and standard in Nigeria. The issue of viability is already certain, as it will be among the top 3 or 4 busiest in Nigeria

8 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by IGBOSON1: 11:19am On May 16, 2021
eduj:

why haven't the state government sealed off or demolished the facility? after all according to this administration,Anambra isn't an oil producing state

This is where i blame not only the state gov't, but ALL the useless Igbo politicians in the national assembly and those in the anti-Igbo Buhari gov't! You can't even picture the tables being turned and this happening in say Daura, where their oil is being stolen via pipes to another non-Fulani, Christian-controlled state and the president is Igbo! They will scatter the entire country before they allow such to continue! Anyone remember when Kwakwanso actually threatened the life of Stella Oduah (the aviation minister at the time) when he felt she was being unfavourable towards Kano int'l airport?

Note the hundreds of millions (if not billions) of dollars Buhari has spent hunting for the elusive oil in the north.....meanwhile, the one that's in abundance in Anambra, he has refused to acknowledge, instead his gov't is enabling it to be stolen via pipes to benefit neighbouring Delta State! Non-Igbo will look at all this injustice and wickedness, gloss over it, and yet still wonder why we're not falling in line to follow them in eulogising the virtues of 'one Nigeria'!

One thing i hate is two-faced hypocrisy, double-speak and blatant cheating!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Rocksvibes234: 11:21am On May 16, 2021
I don't think the steel pillars will be exposed, some of them have been covered with claddings, as seen in the image below

Pentagon007:

I love to read your suggestions. they are what actually draws me to this thread. But let me say also that you Seem to hope for TOO MUCH. They leaders here are wild animals and every public project is carried out with a strict intention do dole out as much contract as possible (to their cronies).
That particular Steel pillar is intended to stay exposed just as u are seeing it there. The most they can do is to call one of their loyal party man and give him a contract to Cover up the Steel pillar with Vinyl claddings. And I am very sure the interior is NEVER going to resemble what you in that design.

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by IGBOSON1: 11:26am On May 16, 2021
ANSMEDIA:

This is Nigerian federal system at work. The Indian company received their oil allocation in Abuja and moved to Anambra for oil exploration. The company said that they came with coordinates from Abuja and the coordinates landed them at Ogbaru in Anambra where they started exploration. Hopefully this oil exploration leads to the full recognition of Anambra as an oil producing state soon.

What you say is is good, but it's just HALF the issue! The other half is that, THE ONE THEY HAVE SIPHONED SO FAR....THEY AND THE FEDERAL GOV'T THAT ENABLED THEM MUST PAY ANAMBRA WHATEVER IS THE STATES DUE BY WAY OF TAXES, COMMUNITY BENEFITS AND 13% DERIVATION! Anything short of this should be unacceptable to the state!

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by IGBOSON1: 11:43am On May 16, 2021
ChimaAdeoye:
If they can make the interior of the terminal building look like this, it would undoubtedly be the most beautiful and most modern airport terminal in Nigeria.

One notable thing I would wish they do is to reinforce the exposed steel pillars with concrete so that they are round in shape as in the video. If the steel pillars are made to appear as round pillars and tiled, it will greatly add to the beauty of the terminal building.

Reinforcing the steel pillars by pouring concrete around them to turn them into round concrete pillars will also help in the protection of the steel pillars from corrosion and rust which could weaken it in time. In our environment with poor maintenance culture, unless the steel pillars are routinely painted and maintained, they could be exposed to corrosion over time. Moreover, ultimately round tiled pillars would be more esthetically appealing than exposing the raw I- shaped steel pillars supporting the superstructure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sIEu8ipZpA

Simply beautiful!

The layout and use of space is so well planned....it's just like Dr Whos' Tardis! If the finished product is in keeping with the 3D prototype, then this would unarguably be the best looking terminal in Nigeria!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by IGBOSON1: 11:52am On May 16, 2021
Pentagon007:

I love to read your suggestions. they are what actually draws me to this thread. But let me say also that you Seem to hope for TOO MUCH. They leaders here are wild animals and every public project is carried out with a strict intention do dole out as much contract as possible (to their cronies).
That particular Steel pillar is intended to stay exposed just as u are seeing it there. The most they can do is to call one of their loyal party man and give him a contract to Cover up the Steel pillar with Vinyl claddings. And I am very sure the interior is NEVER going to resemble what you in that design.

Hehehehehe grin grin grin

You're so cynical! wink

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by cjrane: 2:57pm On May 16, 2021
ChimaAdeoye:
Hopefully, the disabled ramp also looks like this. With round pillars encapsulating the exposed steel pillars.

I also love that they intend to decorate with native artwork and paint the interior white to maximize illumination and create a calm and clean ambiance as observed in airports abroad.

It would be desirable to have the steel pillars covered up to improve the general appearance of the interior. But I doubt they will do it. I think they will incorporate walls between steel pillars but those in places where walls aren't needed will just stay as bare steel bars. Perhaps it will be painted to make it more appealing to the eye. For the most part, in this part of the world, we don't go into that amount of detail because of aesthetics.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by cjrane: 3:02pm On May 16, 2021
Rocksvibes234:
I don't think the steel pillars will be exposed, some of them have been covered with claddings, as seen in the image below

If they can cover those steel pillars with claddings, that would really be nice. One of the things I loved about Ebonyi mall was how they used the pillars as beautification items. They even painted the pillars in multiple bright colors to look purely like decoration items and not even structural pillars critical for supporting the building. I think that is part of the Umahi genius and excellent finishing touches in his projects. I think that is what wows people about Umahi's projects at all.

Undoubtedly, it is clear that Obiano also loves to give excellent finishing touches to his projects. You've got to give that one to him. Look at the finishing at Agulu Lake hotel and the finishing with the control tower of this airport. So there is hope that he would not accept shoddy-looking pillars with their exposed welded joints showing like skeletons after the interior of the terminal building is completed. That would really rob the whole effort invested to build a spectacular terminal building.

But good finishing has always been the problem of 3rd world countries' project engineers. Many of the project supervisors don't usually bother about aesthetics in Africa, which is so sad considering the amount of money spent on those projects.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlAviHhsGDg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlNPfoCrTLA

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 5:29pm On May 16, 2021
IGBOSON1:

This is where i blame not only the state gov't, but ALL the useless Igbo politicians in the national assembly and those in the anti-Igbo Buhari gov't! You can't even picture the tables being turned and this happening in say Daura, where their oil is being stolen via pipes to another non-Fulani, Christian-controlled state and the president is Igbo! They will scatter the entire country before they allow such to continue! Anyone remember when Kwakwanso actually threatened the life of Stella Oduah (the aviation minister at the time) when he felt she was being unfavourable towards Kano int'l airport?

Note the hundreds of millions (if not billions) of dollars Buhari has spent hunting for the elusive oil in the north.....meanwhile, the one that's in abundance in Anambra, he has refused to acknowledge, instead his gov't is enabling it to be stolen via pipes to benefit neighbouring Delta State! Non-Igbo will look at all this injustice and wickedness, gloss over it, and yet still wonder why we're not falling in line to follow them in eulogising the virtues of 'one Nigeria'!

and our governor's keep on trying to be politically correct- yet they have nothing to show for always selling out there people to the bigots at the centre

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 8:38pm On May 16, 2021
These are pictures of the ongoing work inside the terminal building as of yesterday. They are covering the steel structures/pillars. Excellent finishing works

9 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ThaRealNyke: 8:38pm On May 16, 2021
(+234) 08069829826 - Call / Text / WhatsApp Martins for more information on Clearing and Forwarding, Import and Export, Air Freight and Sea Cargo delivery with proper documentation at Customs Apapa Wharf, Lagos Nigeria port authority.

Everyone deserves an easy way of Clearing their goods in Wharf Apapa Lagos, Nigeria. From a Container of Tokunbo Cars, New Cars, Trucks, equipment and gadgets, electronics, building materials and all types of goods in vogue at the normal charges.

(+234) 08069829826 - Call / Text / WhatsApp Martins for more information.
VANLEX GLOBAL EXPRESS NIG. LTD.
Office Address: 21, Complex Office, TINCAN Island, Apapa Lagos.

We are here on Earth to help each other!
Our presences in virtually Sea and Airports in Nigeria have facilitated the increase in our list of clientele far and wide, mainly those importing to Nigeria.

I help the Importers and Exporters with all Customs Brokers services , as well as statutory agencies for the provision of logistics support and documentations of exportation and importation of goods. I render Custom Licensed clearing and Forwarding services.

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ThaRealNyke: 9:07pm On May 16, 2021
This is a free seminar (+234) 08069829826 - Call / Text / WhatsApp Martins for more information on Clearing and Forwarding, Import and Export, Air Freight and Sea Cargo delivery with proper documentation at Customs Apapa Wharf, Lagos Nigeria port authority.

Everyone deserves an easy way of Clearing their goods in Wharf Apapa Lagos, Nigeria. From a Container of Tokunbo Cars, New Cars, Trucks, equipment and gadgets, electronics, building materials and all types of goods in vogue at the normal charges.

We are here on Earth to help each other!
Our presences in virtually Sea and Airports in Nigeria have facilitated the increase in our list of clientele far and wide, mainly those importing to Nigeria.

I help the Importers and Exporters with all Customs Brokers services , as well as statutory agencies for the provision of logistics support and documentations of exportation and importation of goods. I render Custom Licensed clearing and Forwarding services.

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by cjrane: 12:05am On May 17, 2021
ANSMEDIA:
These are pictures of the ongoing work inside the terminal building as of yesterday. They are covering the steel structures/pillars. Excellent finishing works

It is clear they have plans to cover the steel pillars. The covering of the pillars on the ramp shows they don't intend to leave them bare.

Thanks for sharing.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 10:57am On May 17, 2021
ANSMEDIA:
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 12:13pm On May 17, 2021
ALL HALLOWS SEMINARY FIFA GRADE STADIUM ONITSHA BUILD BY THE CATHOLIC CHURCH IN ONITSHA

8 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 12:14pm On May 17, 2021
ONITSHA

6 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by MysteryShopper: 1:21pm On May 17, 2021
The National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) published Nollywood Movies Production data for Q1 2021.

The number of movies produced in Q1 2021 hits 416 compared to 903 in Q4 2020. This indicates a decline of -53.93% quarter on quarter.

Similarly, the number of movies produced in Q1 2020 stood at 407, indicating a growth of 2.21% year-on-year.

According to the bureau, Lagos has the highest number of movies produced by location in Q1 2021 with 149 closely followed by Onitsha with 140 movies while Benin and Bauchi recorded the least with 2 movies each respectively.

It added that data was provided by the National Film and Video Censors Board (NFVCB) and verified and validated by the NBS.

https://brandspurng.com/2021/05/17/nollywood-produced-416-movies-in-the-first-three-months-of-2021-nbs/

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 1:55pm On May 17, 2021
MysteryShopper:
The National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) published Nollywood Movies Production data for Q1 2021.

The number of movies produced in Q1 2021 hits 416 compared to 903 in Q4 2020. This indicates a decline of -53.93% quarter on quarter.

Similarly, the number of movies produced in Q1 2020 stood at 407, indicating a growth of 2.21% year-on-year.

According to the bureau, Lagos has the highest number of movies produced by location in Q1 2021 with 149 closely followed by Onitsha with 140 movies while Benin and Bauchi recorded the least with 2 movies each respectively.

It added that data was provided by the National Film and Video Censors Board (NFVCB) and verified and validated by the NBS.

https://brandspurng.com/2021/05/17/nollywood-produced-416-movies-in-the-first-three-months-of-2021-nbs/
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Landmack: 2:18pm On May 17, 2021
There’s consideration for d disabled in d new airport. Nice one

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Landmack: 2:20pm On May 17, 2021
Pls any latest about developers around the airport axis? Has any coy acquired lands for development there?
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by JohnBullMySon: 2:38pm On May 17, 2021
IGBOSON1:

Please I have few questions for you. First of all I know it takes nothing from the federal government to acknowledge a place as oil producing state but there are things to be done.

At what stage is the oil exploration? has the companies in question converted to OML from OPL? Any pipeline infrastructure in place yet? How much commercial quantity has been found, that will justify the investment? Why did orient pull out for the Indian companies? There are definitely going to be bottlenecks hindering progress there.

Even the federal government usually pressures licensees to begin production and generate money. At the moment we're aiming to generate close to 600000 barrels additionally. So why will Petroleum Resources now refuse license?

You people need to calm down and check before reacting emotionally, no be everything be marginalization.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 3:02pm On May 17, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
Please I have few questions for you. First of all I know it takes nothing from the federal government to acknowledge a place as oil producing state but there are things to be done.

At what stage is the oil exploration? has the companies in question converted to OML from OPL? Any pipeline infrastructure in place yet? How much commercial quantity has been found, that will justify the investment? Why did orient pull out for the Indian companies? There are definitely going to be bottlenecks hindering progress there.

Even the federal government usually pressures licensees to begin production and generate money. At the moment we're aiming to generate close to 600000 barrels additionally. So why will Petroleum Resources now refuse license?

You people need to calm down and check before reacting emotionally, no be everything be marginalization.

You obviously out of touch with happenings in Anambra. Orient petroleum is based in Otuocha/Aguleri axis where they are drilling oil, that was why the 1st & 2nd Oil Rig bridges were constructed to ease their operations there.

Sterling company of India is operating at Ogbaru near Onitsha. Otuocha and Ogbaru are two different locations where oil have been struck in commercial quantity in Anambra.

There's no longer prospecting of oil in Anambra, what's being done now is producing as they have passed the stage of prospecting.

There's oil in huge commercial quantities in Anambra, at least in those two locations I highlighted up there.

What's holding Anambra from becoming an oil producing state is just federal government bureaucracy because oil is being drilled out of Anambra on daily basis in commercial quantities.

8 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by JohnBullMySon: 3:42pm On May 17, 2021
ANSMEDIA:

You obviously out of touch with happenings in Anambra. Orient petroleum is based in Otuocha/Aguleri axis where they are drilling oil, that was why the 1st & 2nd Oil Rig bridges were constructed to ease their operations there.

Sterling company of India is operating at Ogbaru near Onitsha. Otuocha and Ogbaru are two different locations where oil have been struck in commercial quantity in Anambra.

There's no longer prospecting of oil in Anambra, what's being done now is producing as they have passed the stage of prospecting.

There's oil in huge commercial quantities in Anambra, at least in those two locations I highlighted up there.

What's holding Anambra from becoming an oil producing state is just federal government bureaucracy because oil is being drilled out of Anambra on daily basis in commercial quantities.
Ok, thanks for the correction. I decided to make some research and enquires. Anambra has already been recognized as an Oil producing state since 2018 nah? The issue Obiano had with the SEEPCO has to do with illegalities and environmental neglect. The question is, does the Anambra government receive the 13% from profits? Oil producing state status does not put any food on the table. If it's being paid, then what is the complaint about?
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by emmamajesty: 3:48pm On May 17, 2021
God bless our state Anambra

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Ituku4040: 7:52pm On May 17, 2021
I love anambra
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 8:33pm On May 17, 2021
It was a fruitful meeting with Nigeria's Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Timipre Sylva, earlier today.

As a State endowed with huge deposits of petroleum resources, my administration is taking all the necessary steps to ensure that we get our due considerations as an Oil Producing State..

#AGreaterAnambra is here
#StaySafe

11 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Rocksvibes234: 9:46pm On May 17, 2021
Nice move, my governor

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Chikeluba25(m): 10:14pm On May 17, 2021
Installation Of Automated Machines For Manufacturin Of Shoes In Anambra.

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Chikeluba25(m): 10:17pm On May 17, 2021
More

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Chikeluba25(m): 10:20pm On May 17, 2021
More pictures from the shoe makers market.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (675) (676) (677) (678) (679) (680) (681) ... (1315) (Reply)

Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.