Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,905 members, 7,802,935 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:14 AM

The Many Woes Of Postgraduate Students At The University Of Uyo - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Many Woes Of Postgraduate Students At The University Of Uyo (21629 Views)

EFCC Officials Caught Slapping ABU Students At A Private Hostel / UNILAG SCHOOL OF POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMME REQUIREMENTS & DURATION - 09082964145 / NOUN Lists Requirements For Postgraduate Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Many Woes Of Postgraduate Students At The University Of Uyo by Nobody: 5:12pm On Dec 21, 2017
Dasherz:
Ughhh the efik part is quite not true maybe the department u are in or d person u know is in is actually "ibibio" or linguistic m. In my faculty the lecturers are quit profeSsional so get ya facts. Right
I rate UNIUYO among State Universities, not federal. As for where I got the info, I've a friend who graduated from there and I was there once. Sorry I said Efik, probably Ibibio since that's the language.
Re: The Many Woes Of Postgraduate Students At The University Of Uyo by Doerstech(m): 5:12pm On Dec 21, 2017
NwaChibuzor13:
There so many countries out there you can run your PG studies. Some even for free or part scholarship like Germany, Finland , Norway and some south east asian countries like the phillipines. These are far better options than this underdeveloped hell hole called Nigeria.

Tuition free....but by the time you input other cost then what's the free about them?

1 Like

Re: The Many Woes Of Postgraduate Students At The University Of Uyo by mrphysics(m): 5:14pm On Dec 21, 2017
I never do PG for UNN nah UniUyo.
OP kpele, nah one of those things.
Re: The Many Woes Of Postgraduate Students At The University Of Uyo by mrphysics(m): 5:15pm On Dec 21, 2017
kimbraa:
I rate UNIUYO among State Universities, not federal. As for where I got the info, I've a friend who graduated from there and I was there once. Sorry I said Efik, probably Ibibio since that's the language.
Is it a Federal University before?
Re: The Many Woes Of Postgraduate Students At The University Of Uyo by Nobody: 5:16pm On Dec 21, 2017
mrphysics:

Is it a Federal University before?
Yes. An annoying one. grin
Re: The Many Woes Of Postgraduate Students At The University Of Uyo by Dasherz(f): 5:17pm On Dec 21, 2017
Still wrong I am a student of the said school and so far in my 4 years here I have never. Heard any oF my lecturers speak the Native language in class
kimbraa:

6 Likes

Re: The Many Woes Of Postgraduate Students At The University Of Uyo by Bifrost: 5:18pm On Dec 21, 2017
Dasherz:
Chai. My school iyaff. Disgraced me .. I. Think d delay also passes dowN to. The undergRaduate level to realease the name of students. Qualified to serve is world war in my department especially

My younger sister has been waiting for months, they're yet to publish their undergraduate list.
Re: The Many Woes Of Postgraduate Students At The University Of Uyo by Blue3k(m): 5:18pm On Dec 21, 2017
What is up witg Nigerian education system. This is pure touture. There's no excuse not to follow regular academic calender, then the supervisors are devils and the corruption is digusting. How can a master's degree be delayed 2 years by university. They are milking you dry then you want Doctorate who know what you'll suffer.

They fix examinations whenever they deem fit and sometimes, students are made to pay outrageous amounts of money if they want to fast-track the whole thing. I have seen cases (as in mine) when students pay over N100,000 to make external examiners come quickly. Let us not forget that the examiners are paid for their duties! 

2 Likes

Re: The Many Woes Of Postgraduate Students At The University Of Uyo by Nobody: 5:19pm On Dec 21, 2017
Dasherz:
Still wrong I am a student of the said school and so far in my 4 years here I have never. Heard any oF my lecturers speak the Native language in class
Then you're lying. My ex schooled there, and he confirmed it. grin

1 Like

Re: The Many Woes Of Postgraduate Students At The University Of Uyo by engrjacuzzi: 5:19pm On Dec 21, 2017
take it or leave it, Uniuyo is one of the best federal institution in the country and in West Africa

2 Likes

Re: The Many Woes Of Postgraduate Students At The University Of Uyo by mrphysics(m): 5:20pm On Dec 21, 2017
kimbraa:
Yes. An annoying one. grin
Just learned a new thing today.

Lol @Annoying one.

Post graduate studies in Nigeria just like every other thing in Nigeria is just dead.

Abeg pick your form, I will gladly sponsor the external supervisor fee
Re: The Many Woes Of Postgraduate Students At The University Of Uyo by Nobody: 5:20pm On Dec 21, 2017
You seem to be really agitated.
Re: The Many Woes Of Postgraduate Students At The University Of Uyo by themanderon: 5:21pm On Dec 21, 2017
fratermathy:
Cc
Lalasticlala...

I wonder why it's so hard for many Nigerian universities to do things right.

It's a Nigerian thing. Everything is designed to frustrate the citizens. Nothing works. It's almost as if a curse was laid on the country. From north to south to east to west the story is the same.

4 Likes

Re: The Many Woes Of Postgraduate Students At The University Of Uyo by Nobody: 5:23pm On Dec 21, 2017
mrphysics:

Just learned a new thing today.

Lol @Annoying one.

Post graduate studies in Nigeria just like every other thing in Nigeria is just dead.

Abeg pick your form, I will gladly sponsor the external supervisor fee
Keep the money when I get to that level I'll let you know. grin Will be starting my BSc in January.
Re: The Many Woes Of Postgraduate Students At The University Of Uyo by Dasherz(f): 5:25pm On Dec 21, 2017
Your ex is the bigger liar ...... Thank God for u .. "he's now ya ex"
kimbraa:
Then you're lying. My ex schooled there, and he confirmed it. grin
Re: The Many Woes Of Postgraduate Students At The University Of Uyo by Nobody: 5:25pm On Dec 21, 2017
idongesit88:
I studied biochemistry at that school and went through hell with 99% theoretical work without practical, I cannot do my postgraduate degree in that school except I'm going for hardcore "SUFFERING" part two

A round of applause
Re: The Many Woes Of Postgraduate Students At The University Of Uyo by mrphysics(m): 5:25pm On Dec 21, 2017
kimbraa:
Keep the money when I get to that level I'll let you know. grin Will be starting my BSc in January.
They are still writing WAEC nah. You can do the two together
Re: The Many Woes Of Postgraduate Students At The University Of Uyo by mrphysics(m): 5:26pm On Dec 21, 2017
engrjacuzzi:
take it or leave it, Uniuyo is one of the best federal institution in the country and in West Africa
We are not taking it, we are actually leaving it for you

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Many Woes Of Postgraduate Students At The University Of Uyo by hrykanu231(m): 5:27pm On Dec 21, 2017
You are complaining of Uniuyo? Unical is worse off...they keep savoring in past glorious and are oblivious of how they have been left behind. Interestingly, they will be claiming "we deliver quality not quantity" forgetting in the process that everything in life is tied to time.
The sad part is that their contemporaries(especially most Fed universities in the North), have continued to churn out graduates at the PG level without unnecessary delay. The resultant effect is that, those who run their PG programs up North and finish on record time will most definitely be ahead of those who opted to do their PG program in the south.
Why and how they tenaciously hold unto this "Lord Luggard's way" of running PG program still baffles me.

4 Likes

Re: The Many Woes Of Postgraduate Students At The University Of Uyo by mrphysics(m): 5:28pm On Dec 21, 2017
Dasherz:
Teaching with native language isn't bad if and only if everyone understands the language

1 Like

Re: The Many Woes Of Postgraduate Students At The University Of Uyo by mrphysics(m): 5:29pm On Dec 21, 2017
hrykanu231:
You are complaining of Uniuyo? Unical is worse off...they keep savoring in past glorious and are oblivious of how they have been left behind. Interestingly, they will be claiming "we deliver quality not quantity" forgetting in the process that everything in life is tied to time.
The sad part is that their contemporaries(especially most Fed universities in the North), have continued to churn out graduates at the PG level without unnecessary delay. The resultant effect is that, those who run their PG programs up North and finish on record time will most definitely be ahead of those who opted to do their PG program in the south.
Why and how they tenaciously hold unto this "Lord Luggard's way" of running PG program still baffles me.
Sorry to ask Sir, don't be offended. Do Unical have any glory, past, and future glory?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Many Woes Of Postgraduate Students At The University Of Uyo by dsocioemmy(m): 5:29pm On Dec 21, 2017
The issue is the same all through across board. unless for few schools. Postgraduate programmes is actually programmed to frustrate Nigerians the more..

1 Like

Re: The Many Woes Of Postgraduate Students At The University Of Uyo by Nobody: 5:31pm On Dec 21, 2017
Dasherz:
He isn't the first person I heard this from, and don't forget I also got a first hand experience with their admin. As a matter of fact, I was welcomed in Ibibio before I sternly informed her I wasn't from Akwa Ibom. It's either you don't want to say the truth 'cause it's your school. What kind of a lecturer in a federal university stops half way in middle of lectures to communicate in his dialect in classes where students are from diverse tribes?. Are they even being professional in their jobs?.

1 Like

Re: The Many Woes Of Postgraduate Students At The University Of Uyo by Nobody: 5:32pm On Dec 21, 2017
mrphysics:

They are still writing WAEC nah. You can do the two together
Sorry, I don't need WAEC or JAMB anymore.
Re: The Many Woes Of Postgraduate Students At The University Of Uyo by Lucky5966: 5:35pm On Dec 21, 2017
Dasherz:
Chai. My school iyaff. Disgraced me .. I. Think d delay also passes dowN to. The undergRaduate level to realease the name of students. Qualified to serve is world war in my department especially

See eh Uniuyo is not an easy school ooo, deir 2017/2018 admission and direct entry list is not yet out till now..I even heard that their aspirants are planning a protest....
Re: The Many Woes Of Postgraduate Students At The University Of Uyo by Dasherz(f): 5:42pm On Dec 21, 2017
Well well in ma 4 years in chemical engineering I have not experienced such so all d pipo you heard from .... Wherever they experienced such depends on the individual they met .. Bye now cheesy
kimbraa:
He isn't the first person I heard this from, and don't forget I also got a first hand experience with their admin. As a matter of fact, I was welcomed in Ibibio before I sternly informed her I wasn't from Akwa Ibom. It's either you don't want to say the truth 'cause it's your school. What kind of a lecturer in a federal university stops half way in middle of lectures to communicate in his dialect in classes where students are from diverse tribes?. Are they even being professional in their jobs?.

Re: The Many Woes Of Postgraduate Students At The University Of Uyo by Lucky5966: 5:42pm On Dec 21, 2017
Bifrost:

My younger sister has been waiting for months, they're yet to publish their undergraduate list.
Tell that your sister that her fellow aspirants are planning a protest, it has already started on Facebook and Twitter...I even heard that they will march to the school in January....if she is interested tell her to add Mihz Evelyn on facebook, and she should tell her that Lucky is the one that directed her to her .

1 Like

Re: The Many Woes Of Postgraduate Students At The University Of Uyo by AnodaIT(m): 5:42pm On Dec 21, 2017
Schools in Uyo and Calabar are like that

They frustrate their people keeping them in a program for extra 2 years while their mates in the North and SW and churning out thousands of graduates every months

Then they will be complaining that Yoruba have taken over Mobil.

How can you frustrate someone for 3 years then graduate him with low grade and expect him to measure up with a younger person who graduated with honors and already on the way to further studies

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Many Woes Of Postgraduate Students At The University Of Uyo by hrykanu231(m): 5:43pm On Dec 21, 2017
mrphysics:

Sorry to ask Sir, don't be offended. Do Unical have any glory, past, and future glory?
Well, I wish I could answer you this question. Sadly, I made that statement because most of my lecturers will always talk about the "glorious days" of Unical(1980-1990). Press them further with what the institution achieved within the period been reviewed and...
Also, the level of hatred amongst lecturers especially in the Fac of Mgt Sc is second to none.
Re: The Many Woes Of Postgraduate Students At The University Of Uyo by Nobody: 5:43pm On Dec 21, 2017
Dasherz:
Well well in ma 4 years in chemical engineering I have not experienced such so all d pipo you heard from .... Wherever they experienced such depends on the individual they met .. Bye now cheesy
I wasn't expecting you to accept those facts. I just don't consider that school a federal university. grin
Re: The Many Woes Of Postgraduate Students At The University Of Uyo by Bifrost: 5:43pm On Dec 21, 2017
Lucky5966:
Tell that your sister that her fellow aspirants are planning a protest, it has already started on Facebook and Twitter...I even heard that they will march to the school in January....if she is interested tell her to add Mihz Evelyn on facebook, and she should tell her that Lucky is the one that directed her to her .

This is serious. She's been restless thinking she has lost the admission. No news whatsoever this sad. Thanks for the update.
Re: The Many Woes Of Postgraduate Students At The University Of Uyo by Dasherz(f): 5:45pm On Dec 21, 2017
True but we duuno. Why d delay
Lucky5966:
See eh Uniuyo is not an easy school ooo, deir 2017/2018 admission and direct entry list is not yet out till now..I even heard that their aspirants are planning a protest....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Sacking Tsunami Swept Auchi Poly After Newspapper Report On Sex Scandal / Delta State Polytechnic Otefe Robbed / Fuoye Post Ume Result Is Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.