Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,222 members, 7,807,747 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:23 PM

Im Tired Of Hearing About Golddiggers! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Im Tired Of Hearing About Golddiggers! (5041 Views)

5 Things Dark Skinned People Are Tired Of Hearing(picture!) / Bad Relationship, Really getting tired Of Dating sha / Im Tired Of My Boyfriend! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Im Tired Of Hearing About Golddiggers! by platinumnk(f): 5:32pm On Apr 03, 2010
I believe women should be materialistic when they have funds to buy their own stuff.
men stop feeding the animals lol
let chicks fix their weave themselves!

lmaooooo cheesy
dont women take pride in making money? not taking it? tongue

I dont mind a guy paying for dinner cuz im the type that will buy him lunch tommorow.
My thing is why complain about Golddiggers men when u feed them?
Re: Im Tired Of Hearing About Golddiggers! by daduke2k(m): 5:45pm On Apr 03, 2010
Ehmm, can u break it down a lil bit.
Re: Im Tired Of Hearing About Golddiggers! by jenibayo(f): 5:49pm On Apr 03, 2010
Dont really understand.
Re: Im Tired Of Hearing About Golddiggers! by Nobody: 6:01pm On Apr 03, 2010
what choice do most men have when almost 80% of the female folk expect men to cater for their financial needs.Guys are tired.
Re: Im Tired Of Hearing About Golddiggers! by ayettymama(f): 6:06pm On Apr 03, 2010
makes sense

men should stop complaining abt goldiggers- but wait, what do u classify as a gold digger??
someone posted this on nl sometime- absolute brilliance!
[size=14pt][b]
GOLD DIGGERS:

Every woman is a Gold digger. We just use different tools, some use cranes, some tractors, others straws and the rest, spoons.
The above statement was once my face book status message and I sincerely doubt that my profile page has been any busier after that day.
When I was younger I believed in unconditional love.

I dated guys with empty pockets, stingy a$$ dudes who would rather pretend to be broke than loan their mother 10 bucks. But it didn’t matter to me. Everything I have ever wanted, I have bought with my own money. So whether a guy spent money on me or not, had a good car or not, or lived with his parents at the age of 30, I wasn’t bothered. Instead I believed in ‘building with my man’. The naïve little girl in me actually believed that ‘if you are with a man when he has nothing, he will always remember you when he has something’.

Fast forward a couple of years and throw in the speed bumps and punches of life, and I am a completely different person.

Well maybe not totally different, just wiser and smarter. Wise enough to know that a stingy man in his 30’s will be an even stinger man in his 40’s and that the only loyal mammals on earth are dogs not humans. Smart enough to realize that it is important for a man to have his own things and be financially capable of taking care of me and our future children and not be ashamed to let him know that his ability to fulfill those roles impact greatly on our relationship. Let’s be honest girls, men waste no time in letting us know what they want in the kitchen or in the sack. They don’t bat an eyelid when they say ‘oh this girl is not my type’, ‘she is too fat’, ‘she is too thin’, ‘she isn’t yellow enough’, ‘she can’t cook’, ‘I don’t like her mother’, ‘she is an aje butter’. So why is it that when we are seeking to legitimately secure our future and those of our children we are automatically labeled derogatory terms such as ‘gold digger’.

However with every good bunch of grapes there is always the sour one which makes you think the rest maybe just as bad! Take for instance a guy I went on a date with some time last year (lets call him Uche). We met up at a swanky bar in London and he was absolutely stunned when after scanning through the drinks menu filled with expensive drinks that I opted for lemonade (£5.60) instead of something pricier. He told me of a girl who he had met for the first time at a similar priced bar who had ordered a bottle of Louis Roederer Crystal Rose Champagne on his tab—a £500 bottle of champagne. Although he claimed he could easily afford it, he made it clear to her that he thought it was outrageous for her to order such an expensive drink. The poor girl was so embarrassed she changed her order to a bottle of mineral water!

Another friend of mine recently broke up with his girlfriend because, as he put it, ‘he was tired of being her daddy’. According to him she asked him for everything under the sun. Money for hair extensions, cloths, bags, shoes, petrol, make up and would get very upset or even withhold ‘extracurricular affairs’ if he delayed payment. The final straw came when she bought a set of matching gold earrings, necklace and bracelet worth N450, 000 and sent the trader to his office to harass him for the money!

So yeah, I agree. There are ‘some’ girls who put the ‘gold’ in gold digger but these are extreme cases. Most regular women folk aren’t walking around like the devil, seeking a man’s money to devour! They just want to be sure their man can afford to take care of them and will happily supplement his income to ensure the smooth running of the home. However, in today’s relationships where the woman is already playing wife while she is girlfriend (cooking, cleaning and bedroom duties), I think it’s only fair for the man to start playing husband too.
Every man should take pride in being able to afford to take care of his woman. Personally I cannot be with a man who does not see me eye to eye on this issue and I am not ashamed to say so. Nowadays before I date a guy he must pass the financial acid test. Good job, good car, nice flat, generous with dollops of ambition and drive! Gone are the days were I was fasting and praying for a man to buy his first car only for him to put another woman in the front seat. Anh anh, my mother didn’t raise no fool! I will fast and pray with you for that promotion, while the AC of your current car is blowing me in the face. I will get up and seek the Lord early in the morning for his salary increase when I have recovered from our romantic getaway in Dubai. I will cook the best tasting Egusi soup known to man while I am in his fully fitted kitchen and furnished home. I will hold his hand through all of life’s ups and downs while he treats me like the princess I deserve to be. And if all this makes me a gold digger, then I’ll say it loud and hard, I am digging for gold and I’m proud!
[/b][/size]
lol,
Re: Im Tired Of Hearing About Golddiggers! by platinumnk(f): 6:09pm On Apr 03, 2010
what i mean is that all the time i hear complaints about Goldiggers but a woman would be like that if you men allow it.

@mrpresident-you do have a choice, dump the chick!

from now on i dont wanna hear about money hungry biatcheoes because you men are the ones feeding them?
Re: Im Tired Of Hearing About Golddiggers! by platinumnk(f): 6:16pm On Apr 03, 2010
@ayett-not a stingy man oo
u have to date ppl who is willing equally
Re: Im Tired Of Hearing About Golddiggers! by googles: 6:17pm On Apr 03, 2010

wen some guys believe its wen they flash their peanuts dat a girl ll consider them. . . . .and wen they start running things the girl asks cos dats wat you made

her believe from the start dat you re loaded so they start crying foul all over town dat the girl is digging wat is not even close to gold

p.s -guys should stop using money to ask chics out and complain afterwards dat she is a gold digger. . . . if you cant take the heat dont go near the kitchen
Re: Im Tired Of Hearing About Golddiggers! by mamagee3(f): 6:19pm On Apr 03, 2010
If a guy isn't rich and wealthy, he shouldn't go toasting the most beautiful woman on earth.
He should learn to hang his coat according to his height, you don't expect a beautiful woman you toasted today
to pay her own lunch even yours tomorrow.
Re: Im Tired Of Hearing About Golddiggers! by Nobody: 6:24pm On Apr 03, 2010
mama-gee:

If a guy isn't rich and wealthy, he shouldn't go toasting the most beautiful woman on earth.
He should learn to hang his coat according to his height, you don't expect a beautiful woman you toasted today

not with me oooo. i pay the first lunch,then you take over grin
Re: Im Tired Of Hearing About Golddiggers! by mamagee3(f): 6:28pm On Apr 03, 2010
MrPrsdent:

not with me oooo. i pay the first lunch,then you take over grin
That's why I said Nigerian Men are not romantic and I would never date one. grin
Re: Im Tired Of Hearing About Golddiggers! by Scooby1(m): 6:31pm On Apr 03, 2010
mama-gee:

MAmagee are you saying only rich guys are allowed to date beautiful women?

that is absurd !
Re: Im Tired Of Hearing About Golddiggers! by ayettymama(f): 6:35pm On Apr 03, 2010
LWKMD!!!! mamagee no go kill me oooo!

you gatta luv her!! u just have to!!

'cut your coat according to your size' chei!
Re: Im Tired Of Hearing About Golddiggers! by mamagee3(f): 6:38pm On Apr 03, 2010
@Scooby1

^^No, I'm saying a man should learn how to hang his coat according to his height.
A man shouldn't toast the most beautiful woman on earth and then succumb to her paying for his Lunch.
You should date a woman in your level, a man who sells pure water should date a girl/woman who sells pure water just like him. grin
Re: Im Tired Of Hearing About Golddiggers! by daduke2k(m): 6:43pm On Apr 03, 2010
Bt hold on guyz, lets just say i meet a girl, but am nt so rich and we hit it off. For like 2 weeks, she knws she cant go in2 a relationship wif me, she kips mum and plays along. Ok nw i do all d things u gurls listed, hair xtensions, petrol, rent, make up and d works, while she is nt ready 2 fal in loff bt she sticks 2 d foolish me 4 d cash and d xtreme xpenditures. What wuld u cal dat kinda gurl?  I ask u mama-gee.
Re: Im Tired Of Hearing About Golddiggers! by ayettymama(f): 6:53pm On Apr 03, 2010
why would u buy extensions pay rent and th elikes for a woman uve been pseudo dating for 2 weeks?
Re: Im Tired Of Hearing About Golddiggers! by igbonla(m): 6:56pm On Apr 03, 2010
mama-gee:

@Scooby1

^^No, I'm saying a man should learn how to hang his coat according to his height.
A man shouldn't toast the most beautiful woman on earth and then succumb to her paying for his Lunch.
You should date a woman in your level, a man who sells pure water should date a girl/woman who sells pure water just like him. grin

Quite apt! Or a man who sells pure water can date the one selling pepper.

You feel good when you take care of your woman all the way.
Re: Im Tired Of Hearing About Golddiggers! by daduke2k(m): 7:03pm On Apr 03, 2010
And y wuld a guy pay for d lunch all through d dating phase?
Re: Im Tired Of Hearing About Golddiggers! by mamagee3(f): 7:10pm On Apr 03, 2010
^^Cause he's the man.
Re: Im Tired Of Hearing About Golddiggers! by Nobody: 7:10pm On Apr 03, 2010
Stop flashing the cash before the relationship takes off and the girl wouldnt think you are a human ATM machine. However must guys have the personality of a plank-wood so they have to flash the cash to attract . So quit complaining and boost up your personality.
Re: Im Tired Of Hearing About Golddiggers! by daduke2k(m): 7:14pm On Apr 03, 2010
Hey, i aint complaining. This is a forum, its called discussion. And i was just stating a fact.
Re: Im Tired Of Hearing About Golddiggers! by daduke2k(m): 7:15pm On Apr 03, 2010
Hey, i aint complaining. This is a forum, its called discussion. And i was just stating a fact, comprende?
Re: Im Tired Of Hearing About Golddiggers! by daduke2k(m): 7:15pm On Apr 03, 2010
Hey, i aint complaining. This is a forum, its called discussion. And i was just stating a fact, comprende?
Re: Im Tired Of Hearing About Golddiggers! by H2O2: 7:17pm On Apr 03, 2010
Continue digging gold so niggahz can keep treating you like hoes.
Re: Im Tired Of Hearing About Golddiggers! by ayettymama(f): 7:21pm On Apr 03, 2010
daduke2k:

And y wuld a guy pay for d lunch all through d dating phase?

it depends on who ur dating
like platti said, stop complaining
if have a problem with doin so just dont do it
im sure many women wont mind paying for thier own luch or buying thier own concert tickets* kanye shrug*
at the same plenty of men dont think 2ce abt buying tickets fueling her car or payn for her spa session
so its to each his/her own!
Re: Im Tired Of Hearing About Golddiggers! by daduke2k(m): 7:47pm On Apr 03, 2010
Nw u re talkin. Every1 s got their lives 2 live and it doesnt matter d way they choose 2. Love ur comment, hope it ends dis gender war. . . . . . .
Re: Im Tired Of Hearing About Golddiggers! by daduke2k(m): 7:48pm On Apr 03, 2010
Nw u re talkin. Every1 s got their lives 2 live and it doesnt matter d way they choose 2. Love ur comment, hope it ends dis gender war. . . . . . .
Re: Im Tired Of Hearing About Golddiggers! by tubabie(f): 8:42pm On Apr 03, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

Stop flashing the cash before the relationship takes off and the girl wouldnt think you are a human ATM machine. However must guys have the personality of a plank-wood so they have to flash the cash to attract . So quit complaining and boost up your personality.
Simple !!
Re: Im Tired Of Hearing About Golddiggers! by Kgdavid(m): 8:43pm On Apr 03, 2010
H2O2:

Continue digging gold so niggahz can keep treating you like hoes.

word
Re: Im Tired Of Hearing About Golddiggers! by 4llerbuntu(m): 1:11am On Apr 04, 2010
hmmmnn, word!!! in some respects! BUT

1. so why do people whine about the divorce rate? if its all about enjoying the AC in a guys car b4 praying for his promotion, whateva that is? if its that simple then why should i not dump my wife after 100 yrs of marriage simply becos i have reached a new level of wealth and in my opinion she doesnt fit the bill at that level?

2. also tied to above, guys should marry at their level a la pure water seller/pepper seller. cool. infact i usually advice folks against dating people above their stations in life. but i think i have arrived at a position wherein i realise thats as stupid and naive as hell. first you are limiting yourself to a class of people that sure are limited in number esp if ur of the richer class, hell most rich boiz i know will only marry anor rich brat cos its family biz etc etc. PLUS,WHAT HAPPENS WHEN LEVEL CHANGES?

3. u know sorry to burst ur bubble but no matter how much u pride urself as being smart as a lady, there comes a time when reality bites, and man, IT SUCKS!! BIG TIME.

FOR THE GOD BOOK SAYS, THERE IS A WAY THAT SEEMETH RIGHT UNTO MAN, BUT THE END THEREOF IS DESTRUCTION!!!.

nevermind wat ur pastors say abt trying to link everything in the bible to them message, those nuggets are for everyday life,not just sin/jesus/whateva!!!

i know u will not date me if i dont have a or b, or that my profile is enhanced by owning this or that, so i realise i am just maybe 50% of the package,my wealth and success is the other 50, why the Bleep will i limit myself to bondage when i can have the field? the other 50 will go along way in making the game sweeter!!!

YOU WILL LOSE IN THE LONG RUN, SAD BUT TRUE, wateva game plan, acquire my wealth and fritter it on makeup and paris, marry a small giggolo, become lesbian wateva, there will come a day when u will sit down and realise wat a sorry bargain u got, ASK YOUR MOTHER, u think she is stupid for being who she is?
Re: Im Tired Of Hearing About Golddiggers! by ayettymama(f): 1:13am On Apr 04, 2010
^

what does all this have to do with goldiggin?
Re: Im Tired Of Hearing About Golddiggers! by madlady(f): 1:30am On Apr 04, 2010
^^ Did I upset u when I quoted your funny write up , it was removed. embarassed embarassed from this thread.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My R/ship Story...pls Read / . / Guys Which Is More Important To You - A Pretty Face Or A Sexy Body

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.