Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,878 members, 7,802,834 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:53 PM

Christie Amara Opara: Navy Promotes First Female Nurse In Nigeria As General - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Christie Amara Opara: Navy Promotes First Female Nurse In Nigeria As General (38382 Views)

Kafayat Sanni: Nigeria's First Female Fighter Pilot (Pictures) / Nigerian Navy Promotes 140 Senior Officers / Meet Bruno Chigozie Opara, The Hottest & Most Handsome Nigerian Police Officer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christie Amara Opara: Navy Promotes First Female Nurse In Nigeria As General by charlito94(m): 1:03pm On Dec 21, 2017
Navy decorates first female nurse as one star general

The Nigerian Navy on Monday in Lagos, decorated the first female nurse in Nigeria to rise to the rank of a one star general with the rank of Navy Commodore.

The Flag Officer Commanding Naval Training Command, Rear Admiral Obi Ofodile while decorating the newly-promoted Commodore Christie Amara Opara, urged not to relent and strive harder in the discharge of her duties.

Commodore Opara was decorated to the enviable rank of one star general alongside, Commodore Ezete, Commodore A.A Adesanya and Commodore T.A Amoo.

The FOC said that, promotions come with greater expectations and responsibilities and as such, the newly promoted Commodores should put in her best as Nigerians are expecting much from them.

Admiral Ofodile said that promotion in the Nigeria Navy is not easy, especially in consideration that some other people who may have done well were not considered because of the available vacancies.

He urged the officers to prepared to tackle the most difficult task, especially as the country confronts various security challenges in most state of the federation.

The FOC said the officers must also be ready to serve in theatre of operations urging them to put in their best wherever they find themselves.

The FOC also decorated Lieutenant Monisola Ademoluti to the rank of Lieutenant Commander (Major equivalent) and Lieutenant Commanders Abdullahi Sajoe and Abubakar Ezra to the rank of Commanders (Lieutenant Colonel equivalent in the Nigerian Army).

The FOC said the officers deserved the promotion , as they have worked hard to meet the requirement for their promotions and that they should prove to the force that it was not a mistake promoting them.

Commodore Opara was enlisted in the Nigerian Navy in 1991 as a member of Direct Regular Course 91 and was commissioned the same year.

Since joining the force, the officer had scored many first, being the first female officer in the Nigerian Navy to go Peacekeeping operation and the first set of nurse to earn the rank of one star general.

She is presently the only female general in both Imo and Abia States.

Speaking with Daily Sun the elated spouse of the officer Mr Chukas Opara expressed gratitude to God for making the event possible.

The newly promoted naval officers have been charged not to disappoint the force in their appointment they will get as a result of their new ranks, especially ensuring the protection of the country’s territorial integrity.

The Flag Officer Commanding (FOC) had earlier in another decoration cautioned newly promoted officers, not to live extravagantly.

He said that the journey to promotion bracket was not easy, especially in consideration of the fact that promotion only comes from God

His words: “In the civil service people look forward to promotion to enable them move up and that is the motivating factor. Its not easy to reach the point where you are promoted, it takes a lot of hard work, some pray and fast and they were not promoted, they do not understand that promotion comes from God.”

He commended President Muhammadu Buhari and the Chief of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Ibok Ibas for granting the promotion of the officers

He explained that promotion is not for joke and not for the officers to take more alcohol, urging them to apply moderation in whatever they do as senior officers.

http://sunnewsonline.com/navy-decorates-first-female-nurse-as-one-star-general/

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Christie Amara Opara: Navy Promotes First Female Nurse In Nigeria As General by samyfreshsmooth(m): 1:16pm On Dec 21, 2017
undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christie Amara Opara: Navy Promotes First Female Nurse In Nigeria As General by evil1: 3:48pm On Dec 21, 2017
na small picking u be
Re: Christie Amara Opara: Navy Promotes First Female Nurse In Nigeria As General by evil1: 3:49pm On Dec 21, 2017
samyfreshsmooth:
undecided
na small pickin u be na make e no concern u
Re: Christie Amara Opara: Navy Promotes First Female Nurse In Nigeria As General by samyfreshsmooth(m): 4:19pm On Dec 21, 2017
evil1:
na small pickin u be na make e no concern u

Re: Christie Amara Opara: Navy Promotes First Female Nurse In Nigeria As General by engrobidigbo: 9:28am On Dec 22, 2017
charlito94:
The Nigerian Navy on Monday in Lagos, decorated the first female nurse in Nigeria to rise to the rank of a one star general with the rank of Navy Commodore.

The Flag Officer Commanding Naval Training Command, Rear Admiral Obi Ofodile while decorating the newly-promoted Commodore Christie Amara Opara, urged not to relent and strive harder in the discharge of her duties.

Read More: https://connectingusnaija..com.ng/

Chaiiiii.... Aunty Christy.... See as God don bless you finish....

And your handsome husband.... Uncle Chukas... No greater Joy can come than decorating your own wife as i can see in the picture....

I still remember your wedding day..... Your heroic acts in Liberia, South Sudan, Rwanda...

1st first female officer in the Nigerian Navy to go Peacekeeping operation and the first nurse to earn the rank of one star general.

Aunty, I doff my hat for you jarey... cool kiss

Now, i can slap any SARS officer on my path... lipsrsealed undecided

cc: lalasticlala mynd4

28 Likes

Re: Christie Amara Opara: Navy Promotes First Female Nurse In Nigeria As General by infoservant: 2:27pm On Dec 22, 2017
Its good to impress hard working servant and one of the best way to do that is to promote them.

Congrats madam
grin

In other news, if you need job or business ideas that you can start doing immediately, check my profile/signature, visit my blog to see latest job posts and profitable business ideas.

1 Like

Re: Christie Amara Opara: Navy Promotes First Female Nurse In Nigeria As General by MissAprokoMedia(f): 2:28pm On Dec 22, 2017
Hmmmm.....no qaulms

Joelsblog on the beat
Re: Christie Amara Opara: Navy Promotes First Female Nurse In Nigeria As General by KingsJohnson(m): 2:28pm On Dec 22, 2017
Great News
Re: Christie Amara Opara: Navy Promotes First Female Nurse In Nigeria As General by simplemach(m): 2:28pm On Dec 22, 2017
Good for her
Re: Christie Amara Opara: Navy Promotes First Female Nurse In Nigeria As General by IVORY2009(m): 2:29pm On Dec 22, 2017
[s]
FrenchWay:
This one na OGA dem food.
[/s]

15 Likes

Re: Christie Amara Opara: Navy Promotes First Female Nurse In Nigeria As General by apholaryn: 2:29pm On Dec 22, 2017
congrats madam
Re: Christie Amara Opara: Navy Promotes First Female Nurse In Nigeria As General by Iamtipsyy(m): 2:29pm On Dec 22, 2017
Nothing about Nigeria excites me anymore.

8 Likes

Re: Christie Amara Opara: Navy Promotes First Female Nurse In Nigeria As General by castrol180(m): 2:29pm On Dec 22, 2017
Female military nurses in the hand of superior male officers...it is always terrible.

1 Like

Re: Christie Amara Opara: Navy Promotes First Female Nurse In Nigeria As General by policy12: 2:30pm On Dec 22, 2017
Wait for tribal e warrior as dey turn the thread upside down.
Re: Christie Amara Opara: Navy Promotes First Female Nurse In Nigeria As General by Iseoluwani: 2:30pm On Dec 22, 2017
engrobidigbo:

Chaiiiii.... Aunty Christy.... See as God don bless you finish....

And your handsome husband.... Uncle Chukas... No greater Joy can come than decorating your own wife as i can see in the picture....

I still remember your wedding day..... Your heroic acts in Liberia, South Sudan, Rwanda...

1st first female officer in the Nigerian Navy to go Peacekeeping operation and the first nurse to earn the rank of one star general.

Aunty, I doff my hat for you jarey... cool kiss

Now, i can slap any SARS officer on my path... lipsrsealed undecided

cc: lalasticlala mynd4

U want us to know her... Now we din sabi say u attend her wedding go chop right

Make we give u medal ni

Re: Christie Amara Opara: Navy Promotes First Female Nurse In Nigeria As General by olamil34(m): 2:30pm On Dec 22, 2017
So more money
Re: Christie Amara Opara: Navy Promotes First Female Nurse In Nigeria As General by Okoyeeboz: 2:30pm On Dec 22, 2017
Congrats Madam, we're proud of you. More epaulette to your shoulders.

FrenchWay:

You think everyone is like your mother?

23 Likes

Re: Christie Amara Opara: Navy Promotes First Female Nurse In Nigeria As General by policy12: 2:30pm On Dec 22, 2017
Iamtipsyy:
Nothing about Nigeria excites me anymore.

Absolutely Nothing...

1 Like

Re: Christie Amara Opara: Navy Promotes First Female Nurse In Nigeria As General by Nobody: 2:30pm On Dec 22, 2017
hw wld u feel if ur mom issa general?
Re: Christie Amara Opara: Navy Promotes First Female Nurse In Nigeria As General by resurgentxtian4: 2:30pm On Dec 22, 2017
She is igbo but igbo youths say they want biafra. Which way for igbos sef? Are they serious with this biafra stuff at all?

As it is, it is a lose-lose situation for them in the status quo in maintained because they will continue to maintain their current position in Nigeria as nothing higher will be given to them. If nothing urgent is done, their wailings continue.
Re: Christie Amara Opara: Navy Promotes First Female Nurse In Nigeria As General by Edonojie007(m): 2:31pm On Dec 22, 2017
W
Re: Christie Amara Opara: Navy Promotes First Female Nurse In Nigeria As General by duduade: 2:31pm On Dec 22, 2017
December the month of promotions every year..

Wonder how many people she had to Bleep while rising up...

Good to know that Moni is representing her father.. Doing it well with the older men

Older men always slotting in their kids to represent them..

Generational Military

Fuckkk well o

1 Like

Re: Christie Amara Opara: Navy Promotes First Female Nurse In Nigeria As General by HopeAlive14(m): 2:33pm On Dec 22, 2017
Congratulations, madam.

What a glorious way to end the year.
Re: Christie Amara Opara: Navy Promotes First Female Nurse In Nigeria As General by edgeP(m): 2:33pm On Dec 22, 2017
This aunty fyne die, imagine at at her age, she still look like this. Kongrats big sis, more bullet to ur gun
Re: Christie Amara Opara: Navy Promotes First Female Nurse In Nigeria As General by Okoyeeboz: 2:33pm On Dec 22, 2017
duduade:
December the month of promotions every year..

Wonder how many people she had to Bleep while rising up...

Good to know that Moni is representing her father.. Doing it well with the older men

Older men always slotting in their kids to represent them..

Generational Military
Fuckkk well o

And they celebrated when this thing too was born?

5 Likes

Re: Christie Amara Opara: Navy Promotes First Female Nurse In Nigeria As General by OgenemaroKessy(m): 2:34pm On Dec 22, 2017
That's good. Kudos to NN
Big Congratulations to my Amiable Boss.
The newly promoted Commodore Ezete. Making Enugu proud since ages. God will bless you my Senior Officer Sir.
Re: Christie Amara Opara: Navy Promotes First Female Nurse In Nigeria As General by kelechisblog(m): 2:34pm On Dec 22, 2017
please guys, take a min. Of ur time , visit my blog and share my blog post link to ur social media. Pls elp a brother.

Here is the link KELECHISBLOG
Re: Christie Amara Opara: Navy Promotes First Female Nurse In Nigeria As General by lexy2014: 2:34pm On Dec 22, 2017

5 Likes

Re: Christie Amara Opara: Navy Promotes First Female Nurse In Nigeria As General by Nobody: 2:35pm On Dec 22, 2017
Which of the silly mods is responsible for the foolish headlines on the home page?

FrenchWay:
Are you daft or is that what your mom did to train you?

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The New Girl I hired Keeps A Frown Whenever She Brings Anything To Me.(photos) / Michelle Ekure, Shoemaker, Receives Award - Photos / A True-life Story Happening To A 23-year-old Boy At The Moment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.