Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,347 members, 7,780,933 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 05:47 AM

Why Are Nigerian Women Incredibly Wicked To Their Maids, See The Stories Below - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Nigerian Women Incredibly Wicked To Their Maids, See The Stories Below (4779 Views)

Reasons To Stay Wicked To Nigerian Girls / My Wife: Some Women Are Too Wicked To Trust(picture) / Yahoo Plus+: The Stories Are Fake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Nigerian Women Incredibly Wicked To Their Maids, See The Stories Below by yabas(m): 3:56pm On Dec 21, 2017
Generally I have come to the conclusion that most women are just wicked. We all have witness how women dehumanise their maids (usually the female maids). Give a woman power and authority and you are finished. I LOVE WOMEN O but these are my observations. 90% of these young ladies on Nairaland will grow up to abuse their maids if we don't start now to educate them on the need to respect and treat their maids with dignity. I practice what I preach, my mum treat her maids better than most Nigerian women but I regularly clash with her if I observe anything I don't like. I jokingly rebuked her recently when she did something I took exception to, she was angry and tongue lashed me but I had made my point so I wasn't bothered. Now she is extremely nice to her maids due to pressure from my dad and myself. The point I am trying to make is that we MUST START PRESSURISING NIGERIAN WOMEN TO RESPECT THEIR MAIDS.

A 19-year-old woman has narrated to operatives of Lagos State Police Command how her ‘Madam’ assaults her daily, while the husband sodomises her at night. The Lagos-based couple is currently being investigated by the Police over physical and sexual abuse of the maid at their Aunty Toyin Street, Kodeibo Estate, Isheri-Oshun, Lagos. Maid,Blessing Joseph, raped by her Oga and sustained wounds from hot water poured on her by her madam The victim, Blessing Joseph, who has been working with the couple for six months, hails from Imo State. Vanguard gathered that throughout her stay with the couple, Blessing was subjected to different forms of physical abuse from her madam, Isioma, and sexual abuse from the madam’s husband, Chigozie Ezeafor. It was gathered that whenever Isioma was away or asleep in the night, her husband sneaked into the victim’s room and raped her through her anus. Isioma Ezeafor and her husband Chigozie Ezeafor Victim’s story Narrating her ordeal, the victim said she has suffered terribly in the hands of the couple, who delight in dehumanising her regularly. She further revealed to the Police that her “Madam,” Isioma Ezeafor, beats her up at the slightest provocation, while her husband, Chigozie Ezeafor, sneaks up to her whenever his wife is away and has made several painful attempts to penetrate her anus. However, trouble started when, on December 17, Isioma Ezeofor’s temper got the better part of her and she emptied a kettle of hot water on the maid, scalding her skin. Confirming the report, Superintendent Chike Oti, Police Public Relations Officer, Lagos State Command, said the last attempt by Mr. Ezeofor to rape the victim brought the issue to light. The couple is being interrogated at the Gender Section of Lagos State Police Command and will be charge to court at the end of the investigation. Operatives from the Gender Unit of the Police Command has have taken the victim for proper medical care.

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/12/madam-beats-daily-oga-sodomises-night-maid-tells-police/

Lalastica I believe we should front page this abeg.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women Incredibly Wicked To Their Maids, See The Stories Below by yabas(m): 3:58pm On Dec 21, 2017
Woman uses saw blade on maid over burnt pot of beans ON SEPTEMBER 26, 201612:36

Policemen attached to Meiran Division, Lagos, have arrested a woman who allegedly assaulted her 13-year-old maid, identified as Esther, with a saw blade for burning her pot of beans. Vanguard gathered that the suspect, identified as Mfoniso Udodoikpom, an indigene of Akwa Ibom State, picked Esther, who hails from same state with her, from the village some years ago, after the demise of the latter’s parents. Neighbours said the alleged maltreatment of the teenager reached its peak Sunday, following her shout for help while being battered. A neighbour, who claimed to have come to her rescue, said that the teenager was found bleeding and at the same time engaged in domestic chores. The neighbour, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said: “Two of us went to the house and saw a deep cut on her. She said that her madam used a saw blade on her. “Immediately Esther sighted us, she attempted to use the opportunity to run out but got injured in the process. Her madam still dragged her inside and asked her to wash some clothes with the injured hand.” Contacted, Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, Dolapo Badmus, confirmed the arrest. She said: “Madam Mfoniso Udodoikpom from Akwa Ibom State assaulted Esther, the girl she picked from their state to Lagos since she was young. “A neighbour reported at the station that the suspect used a saw blade to injure her maid for breaking a plastic and burning cooked beans. “Effort is ongoing to partner Lagos State Government to keep the child, who said she is an orphan, in a shelter, while the suspect will be charged to court.”

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/09/woman-uses-saw-blade-maid-burnt-pot-beans/
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women Incredibly Wicked To Their Maids, See The Stories Below by yabas(m): 4:02pm On Dec 21, 2017
Woman bathes maid with hot water over missing phone ON SEPTEMBER 29, 201612:30 By Angela Okpe & Nnenna Ogwugua

LAGOS—Police in Lagos have arrested a woman for allegedly bathing her maid with hot water over a missing cell phone. As at yesterday, the victim, Patricia Andrew, was undergoing treatment at Holy Family Hospital at 22 Road, Festac Town, Amuwo Odofin area of Lagos. Vanguard gathered that the victim usually assisted the suspect, Mrs Franca Uba, in her shop located at ASPANDA Market along Lagos-Badagry Expressway, after finishing with her chores at the house in Festac Town. Trouble started for the 18-year-old maid last Friday, following the disappearance of her madam’s phone in the shop. Attributing the loss to the maid’s negligence, the suspect was said to have beaten her on arriving home and then poured hot water on her. On her way to the shop last Monday, neighbours noticed her burnt skin and demanded to know what happened. One of them, who spoke with Vanguard, said: “She told us that her madam poured hot water on her last Friday. We were angry because she said she was not taken to the hospital. “As she was leaving for the market she was crying. We had to report to policemen at Festac, who subsequently arrested Mrs Uba and took the girl to the hospital.” Preliminary investigation showed that the Imo State-born suspect, took the teenager from her uncle. Speaking with Vanguard from her hospital bed, the victim explained: “She did not tell me anything while at the shop. But immediately I got home, she started beating me. “She dragged me into the bathroom, poured an antiseptic liquid into my eyes. While I was battling with the pains, she poured hot water on my face.” She further lifted her skirt to reveal a scar which she said was caused by her madam. According to the maid, “I have been bearing all the pains and beatings because I have nowhere to go to. During one of the beatings, she put a hot plate on the fire and placed in on my lap. “She left it there for a long time, which caused me to pass out. My offence was that I took N100 from her purse to buy food as I was hungry.” Police sources hinted that the woman would be charged to court.

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/09/woman-bathes-maid-hot-water-missing-phone/
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women Incredibly Wicked To Their Maids, See The Stories Below by Nobody: 4:03pm On Dec 21, 2017
angry

∆ ∆
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women Incredibly Wicked To Their Maids, See The Stories Below by yabas(m): 4:06pm On Dec 21, 2017
Injury on house maid: Female lawyer, Olaoye, fails to perfect bail ON DECEMBER 20, 201710:44 By Abdulwahab Abdulah & Jane Echewedo

A female lawyer, Tolu Olaoye, accused of assaulting her 15 year-old house maid, Abigail Opebiyi, failed to perfect her bail, yesterday. Vanguard‘s checks revealed that the lawyer, who was docked on a two-count charge of unlawful assault and causing bodily injury, was unable to meet the bail conditions granted her by court. On arraignment, she had pleaded not guilty to the charges, while presiding magistrate, Mrs Bola Osunsanmi, granted her N200,000 bail with two responsible sureties in like sum, with the sureties’ addresses verified. Already, it was gathered that the woman has been kept in custody, while her family members are running around to perfect the bail. The 32-year-old lawyer was arrested last Friday on the directive of the Commissioner of Police, Imohimi Edgal, after a video of the assault went viral. While she was taken into the custody of the gender section of the state Police Command in Ikeja for interrogation, the girl was rescued. Her lawyer informed the court that the victim’s father, Femi Opebiyi, had agreed to withdraw the case. The case was adjourned till February 1, 2018, for report of settlement.

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/12/injury-house-maid-female-lawyer-olaoye-fails-perfect-bail/
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women Incredibly Wicked To Their Maids, See The Stories Below by yabas(m): 4:11pm On Dec 21, 2017
Madam throws maid from 2nd-floor building in Lagos [Video]

A Lagos State-based businesswoman is in serious trouble after she beat up her maid and threw her off the second floor of her building over theft allegation.

A wicked woman, Mrs. Motunrayo Ayadi, has been arrested by the police in Lagos State after she allegedly threw her 13-year-old housemaid from the second floor of their house over her missing jewelry.
Punch reports that the incident happened at the woman's residence in the Ijeshatedo, Surulere area of the state when Ayadi, after beating the girl identified as Deborah Mathew to stupor, threw her off the building, causing her severe head injuries.
Angry residents who got to know of the incident were said to have surrounded the house and were about to set it ablaze when policemen from the Ijesha Division, led by the Divisional Police Officer [DPO], managed to rescue her.
The suspect was said to have been arrested and detained at the station while the young victim was rushed to a general hospital for medical attention.

The ugly incident, it was gathered, happened when Ayadi accused Mathew of stealing her gold jewelry on Saturday, November 11, 2017, and insisted that the girl must confess to the theft.
It was learned that when Ayadi began beating the girl, she allegedly owned up to stealing the item, saying she kept it in an uncompleted building.
A neighbour who narrated the incident to journalists, said when the woman went to the building where the jewelry was reportedly kept, it was nowhere to be found.
“She said the value of the jewelry was about N500,000. When she couldn’t find it, she became angry and descended on the girl.
She beat her up with an object till she broke her head. That was what residents saw and they became angry. They wanted to burn down her house. The DPO and his team were on patrol when they came across the scene and rescued her from the mob,” the neighbour said.
A Facebook user, Francesca Joseph-Esenwa, who posted a graphic video of the victim, claimed that Ayadi actually threw her from the second floor of her house after beating her mercilessly.
This is what Joseph-Esenwa wrote:
“She was thrown from the second floor by her madam; deep lacerations and contours. Terrible! What can be done please? Just tired of this madness?”
play

The State Police Public Relations Officer [PPRO], ASP Olarinde Famous-Cole who confirmed the incident, said the young maid was rushed to the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital, Ikeja.
“It is a case of assault and wounding. The girl was accused of theft and she was assaulted by the guardian. She fell and sustained injuries.
We took her to LASUTH where she was X-rayed for internal injuries. She is under observation and the matter is under investigation.”

It was also gathered that the Lagos State Office of the Public Defender [OPD] had already waded into the matter and will make sure that Ayadi is prosecuted as the state government has a zero tolerance to child abuse in any form.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women Incredibly Wicked To Their Maids, See The Stories Below by yabas(m): 4:15pm On Dec 21, 2017
Woman, neighbour torture 16-year-old housemaid with iron
Published August 16, 2016

Olaleye Aluko

A woman, Fatima Williams, and her neighbour, Waliu Yusuf, have been arrested by the Lagos State Police Command for allegedly brutalising a 16-year-old girl, identified only as Kemi, with a hot iron and electric cables.

Our correspondent learnt that the Kemi was brought from Cotonou, Benin Republic.

She had been reportedly living with Williams, popularly called Alhaja, since January 2016 as a housemaid.

Williams’ apartment is on Soji Adepegba Close, Allen Avenue, Ikeja.

It was gathered that the victim was allegedly tortured for not sweeping Williams’ compound last Thursday.

PUNCH Metro learnt that a resident informed the police and the suspects were arrested by the Ikeja Police Division on Friday, August 12.

A police source told our correspondent that the teenager had been admitted to the Police Cottage Hospital, Ikeja.

Kemi, who spoke with our correspondent in Yoruba, said, “On that day, Alhaja instructed me to sweep the compound. She also asked me to clean the windows and wash some clothes.

“I started with the washing and she went out. When she returned, she was angry that I had not swept the compound. She called the man to beat me up.”

Alhaja, a mother of four children who hails from Kwara State, said she got Yusuf to beat the girl for her obstinacy, adding that Kemi’s stubbornness had increased her (Alhaja’s) blood pressure.

She said, “The girl’s brother brought her to me on January 10, 2016. She usually stole things from the house. I kept reporting her to her brother and even asked him to come to pick her, but he refused; I got tired of the girl.

“She continued her rudeness and messed up the whole house. She also urinated on the bed. During all this trouble, my blood pressure got high. I had to use a BP machine in the house. I called and spoke to her like a child, but she would not listen. I usually gave her the food I ate. I gave her brother N40,000 in January.

“When she got me angry on that day, I was tired of beating her and I called Waliu (Yusuf). He was using an iron. As he beat her, she held his clothes and the iron injured her.”

Twenty-five-year-old Yusuf said he had wanted to scare the victim with the iron when it injured her.

He said, “The girl went into the kitchen and brought an insecticide, threatening to kill herself. I then tried to take the substance away from her. She began to struggle with me. I started flogging her and she held on to my clothes.

“Meanwhile, I was ironing some clothes that time. I used the iron to scare her to leave my clothes. That was how the iron fell on her. I only wanted to scare her away.”

The state Commissioner of Police, Fatai Owoseni, who paraded the suspects at the command headquarters, Ikeja, said they would be charged to court at the end of investigation.

He said, “This is a case of child trafficking, child labour and child abuse as well as assault occasioning harm. The suspects will be arraigned in a court of law.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women Incredibly Wicked To Their Maids, See The Stories Below by yabas(m): 4:29pm On Dec 21, 2017
Woman Whips Maid With Wire

A housewife has been arrested by the police in Ikotun division, Lagos State, southwest Nigeria, for allegedly maltreating her 10-year old housemaid, whom she brought from their village in Okigwe, Imo State, southeast Nigeria.

Mrs Chioma Egbe, who lives at 9, Hassan Olawele Street, Abaranje, Ikotun, Lagos, with the housemaid, Miracle Ndubisi, was arrested when it was reported to the police that she always beat the young girl any time she asked her to enroll her in school as she promised her parents.

Miracle Ndubisi, still nursing the injuries inflicted on her face
Miracle Ndubisi, still nursing the injuries inflicted on her face
The housemaid, who is receiving treatment at Manifel Medical Centre at 401, Abaranje Road Ikotun, was severely injured because the housewife allegedly tied her mouth and whipped her with a wire and a turning stick.

The girl said the incident happened on Easter Monday, when the woman asked her to sweep but before she could do it, she took a wire and a stick to beat her, alleging that the stick hit her on the eyes when she wanted to dodge.

The housemaid alleged that the woman always beats and deprives her of food for demanding to go to school but her husband was not aware of the maltreatment because he was not around.

According to Miracle, when she was brought to Lagos in December 2012 , the woman promised to enroll her in school and told her she will only take care of her baby when she returns from school.

However, she alleged that since she started living with her, the woman has been maltreating her and did not send her to school as she promised her parents in the village.

The housemaid said any time she asked her to enroll her in school, the woman allegedly beat her with a turning stick and will not give her food throughout the day.

“I did know where to go and how to go back to my village. Whenever my dad called me on phone, she would ask me to speak with him in her presence so that I will tell my dad we are living in peace” she narrated at the hospital.

Mrs. Egbe, who is a wife of a police officer, admitted she beats her out of anger and did not know she sustained such injury on her body.

The father of the victim, Vitalis Ndubisi, said he was called on phone by the hospital management that his daughter was in a critical condition.

The father expressed shock over what happened and said it was the girl’s mother who begged him to let the girl, who was in primary four before she came to Lagos, live with the housewife.

He said all he wanted was to take his daughter back to the village so that she will start school again.

The medical doctor, who has been treating the girl, Dr Sebastine Okoro, told P.M.NEWS that she was brought to the hospital in a critical condition by two men identified as Oke Adebisi and Ola Babafemi.

He said he has been battling to save her life, adding that he had to administer her with drips and injections as well as feed her because she said she had not eaten for some days before she was brought to the hospital.

Babafemi told P.M.NEWS that he met the girl with bruises all over her body at a pharmacy where he went with his friend Adebisi to buy some drugs.

He said they initially thought she sustained the injury in an accident. But when they asked her what happened, she told them that it was her madam that beat her.

He said he had to take her to the hospital where she was being treated now.

Babafemi said they reported the case to the police because the woman was not remorseful when they met her.

When P.M.NEWS went to the police station, the DPO was not around to comment on the matter.

However, police sources confirmed the incident and told the reporter that the woman will be charged to court soon.

The woman was also seen at the station where she was writing statement.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women Incredibly Wicked To Their Maids, See The Stories Below by yabas(m): 4:33pm On Dec 21, 2017
Horror: Nigerian policewoman attacks maid with hot water, tear gas over soup

The Wife of Ebonyi Governor, Mrs Racheal Umahi, has called for the arrest of a policewoman who allegedly poured hot water on her 15-year-old house-help for wrongfully applying condiments in a pot of soup. Umahi made the call after officials from her office and the State Ministry of Women Affairs and Social Development rescued the girl from the policewoman at her home in Mile 50, Abakaliki. Mr Donatus Owo, the Chief Press Secretary to Umahi, said in a statement in Abakaliki on Saturday that she was touched by the fact that girl’s body looked irritable because she was not given proper medical care. The Wife of Ebonyi Governor, Mrs Racheal Umahi, called for the arrest of the policewoman who allegedly poured hot water on her 15-year-old house help “The matter has been reported to the police while the victim was taken to Police Clinic for medical treatment,’’ she said. The victim, Chinyere Igwe, who hails from Igbere in Bende local government area of Abia, said she had lived with the policewoman for two years within which she suffered various forms of maltreatment. Igwe said she was preparing soup on that fateful day when her employer got annoyed that she did not prepare the soup according to her instruction. “Only my mother is alive and I have been living with my madam for over two years now. This is as a result of my father’s death coupled with my mother’s financial handicap. ” I failed to follow her instruction and in anger she came out and carried the pot of soup together with the egusi (melon) and threw at me and it landed on my back. “She also carried iron and hit me on my body and ordered me to bend down and raise my leg up but I refused because my back was paining me seriously. “She locked me up in a room while she went to boil water to pour on me. “I pleaded with her to have mercy on me but she went inside and brought teargas, then I started crying when she rushed to get hot water and poured on me,’’ Igwe said. PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android and read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app The victim said that Mr Kingley Okochi, the husband of the suspect, also hit her after the wife complained to him about the incident. ”Her husband also beat me up, but he was not aware that I had such injury because it was in the night. He later apologised and asked his wife to use honey to treat my back,’’ Igwe said. The suspect, Mrs Joy Okochi, however, claimed when the team from Government House, Abakaliki, came to her apartment that she did not pour hot water on the girl intentionally. The Director of Child Welfare Development in the State Ministry of Women Affairs, Mr Godwin Igwe, and the State Chairman of International Federated of Women Lawyers, Miss Olivia Okpaleke, said the culprit must face justice. Meanwhile, the Police Public Relations Officer in Ebonyi, Mr Jude Madu, said he had not received the report. Meanwhile, NAIJ.com reported that two traffic wardens, Musa Muktar with force number 394120 GDI and Shuaibu Suleman with number 10627 have been sacked for alleged extortion. The announcement was made by ACP Abayomi Shogunle, the assistant commissioner of police in charge of the Public Complaint Rapid Response Unit (PCRRU), in Abuja on June 20, 2017. The statement obtained by NAIJ.com showed that the sacked officers were attached to the Wuse Police Division in the Federal Capital Territory command. Read more: https://www.naija.ng/1111748-horror-nigerian-policewoman-attacks-maid-hot-water-tear-gas-soup.html#1111748
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women Incredibly Wicked To Their Maids, See The Stories Below by nuelzz04(m): 4:37pm On Dec 21, 2017
Inasmuch as d women r d culprit here...i place d blame squarely on their husband's feet. ....i won't tolerate such happenings in my home.. ..once a man doesn't want this type of thing to happen.. ..it certainly won't happen
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women Incredibly Wicked To Their Maids, See The Stories Below by BluntBoy(m): 4:54pm On Dec 21, 2017
nuelzz04:
Inasmuch as d women r d culprit here...i place d blame squarely on their husband's feet. ....i won't tolerate such happenings in my home.. ..once a man doesn't want this type of thing to happen.. ..it certainly won't happen

Bro, let us just pray for compassionate women. If one marries a cruel woman, I doubt if any man would be able to stop her from perpetrating her cruelty without going into physical combats with her. Worse, when a husband gets involved in matters like this, it is always very likely that the cruel woman would accuse him of having an affair with the maid.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerian Women Incredibly Wicked To Their Maids, See The Stories Below by yabas(m): 6:32pm On Dec 21, 2017
Indeed, they are master of that game @ Blunt, oh you have started sleeping with her?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Women Incredibly Wicked To Their Maids, See The Stories Below by Impostor: 8:51pm On Dec 21, 2017
Na wa
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women Incredibly Wicked To Their Maids, See The Stories Below by nuelzz04(m): 4:06am On Dec 22, 2017
BluntBoy:

Bro, let us just pray for compassionate women. If one marries a cruel woman, I doubt if any man would be able to stop her from perpetrating her cruelty without going into physical combats with her. Worse, when a husband gets involved in matters like this, it is always very likely that the cruel woman would accuse him of having an affair with the maid.
putting his foot down doesn't exactly mean he used get into a physical combat with d woman.. ..i for one will reach n agreement with my woman bfri marry her.. .u maltreat a maid in my house.. .n I find out. ...he or she goes n u r left without a maid.. .its as simple as dat
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women Incredibly Wicked To Their Maids, See The Stories Below by kense88: 7:14am On Dec 22, 2017
nuelzz04:
putting his foot down doesn't exactly mean he used get into a physical combat with d woman.. ..i for one will reach n agreement with my woman bfri marry her.. .u maltreat a maid in my house.. .n I find out. ...he or she goes n u r left without a maid.. .its as simple as dat
Am impressed. Honestly, it's becoming very common. We should learn to treat everybody around us with love and respect.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women Incredibly Wicked To Their Maids, See The Stories Below by nuelzz04(m): 7:32am On Dec 22, 2017
kense88:
Am impressed. Honestly, it's becoming very common. We should learn to treat everybody around us with love and respect.
it baffles me how pple treat other pples kids lyk second class citizens.. ..u just need to go thru d dailies n see Wat pple do(men n women inclusive) tho women do it more in connivance with dem husbands.. ..hopefully dis will end aS soon as possible
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women Incredibly Wicked To Their Maids, See The Stories Below by pocohantas(f): 7:38am On Dec 22, 2017
It's who their power reach. They can't take it out on their husbands, so the weaker link receives it all. I don't know how they do it, the wife doing the beating and the husband that watches such happen.
Both of them are culpable as far as I am concerned.

I also believe that in a home where a child is physically abused, other forms of abuse is going on...especially among the adults. No peaceful home, bound by love, can have the heart to abuse a child. While the other party looks the other way.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Nigerian Women Incredibly Wicked To Their Maids, See The Stories Below by yabas(m): 12:58am On Jan 06, 2018
Police arrest female banker who locked maid inside Lagos apartment

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/01/police-arrest-female-banker-locked-maid-inside-lagos-apartment/
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women Incredibly Wicked To Their Maids, See The Stories Below by BabaAgba79(m): 6:09am On Jan 06, 2018
This is inhumane and barbaric! Husbands pls control your wives who have house helps! These women cant treat their children like they treat their maids! No matter the atrocity committed by maids, women dont batter them! Simply send them to wherever they came from!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Women Incredibly Wicked To Their Maids, See The Stories Below by ubunja(m): 6:21am On Jan 06, 2018
nuelzz04:
listen to this White Knight Vagina Worshiping Simp. always the Self-Appointed Defender of Vaginas whose life slogan is"always blame the husband".
did the husbands put a gun to the wife's head and told her to abuse the maid or else...NO. you cant blame buhari for your stealing.its your hands that did the stealing.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerian Women Incredibly Wicked To Their Maids, See The Stories Below by ubunja(m): 6:27am On Jan 06, 2018
pocohantas:
It's who their power reach. They can't take it out on their husbands, so the weaker link receives it all
the exact reason why women support abortion and boy infant circumcision.
which just shows both women and men are equal savages.its all about opportunity and ability to act out the savagery.
dont respond.im just thinking out loud here.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerian Women Incredibly Wicked To Their Maids, See The Stories Below by AkpaMgbor(m): 6:39am On Jan 06, 2018
pocohantas:
It's who their power reach. They can't take it out on their husbands, so the weaker link receives it all. I don't know how they do it, the wife doing the beating and the husband that watches such happen.
Both of them are culpable as far as I am concerned.

I also believe that in a home where a child is physically abused, other forms of abuse is going on...especially among the adults. No peaceful home, bound by love, can have the heart to abuse a child. While the other party looks the other way.
This right here...this isn’t just domestic violence at it’s peak but also child slavery and brutality all wrapped up in one..people will always prey on others who they perceive to be weaker than them..the man preys on his wife and the wife preys on a little child because she can’t devour the man(even though she will love to if she could)..the little child grows up with a sheared and violence filled mentality...he gets married and dishes out same violence upon his wife at the slightest provocation...the cycle continues....
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women Incredibly Wicked To Their Maids, See The Stories Below by pocohantas(f): 7:00am On Jan 06, 2018
ubunja:

the exact reason why women support abortion and boy infant circumcision.
which just shows both women and men are equal savages.its all about opportunity and ability to act out the savagery.
dont respond.im just thinking out loud here.

Oga, get a hold of yourself. You're not in position to tell me to respond or not. Better still,think aloud without mentioning me. You get? Yes, both are savages. It also shows all the excuse men give for beating their wives is inconsequential. It's all about being the stronger one.

AkpaMgbor:

This right here...this isn’t just domestic violence at it’s peak but also child slavery and brutality all wrapped up in one..people will always prey on others who they perceive to be weaker than them..the man preys on his wife and the wife preys on a little child because she can’t devour the man(even though she will love to if she could)..the little child grows up with a sheared and violence filled mentality...he gets married and dishes out same violence upon his wife at the slightest provocation...the cycle continues....

People rarely talk about all the brutality against kids. At least a grown person would find it easier to walk away, same doesn't apply to a child. Child labour should also be heavily frowned upon.
I still don't understand why people give out their kids as helps.
It's a vicious cycle dear, you're very right on that.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Women Incredibly Wicked To Their Maids, See The Stories Below by Nobody: 7:55am On Jan 06, 2018
Then is actually a general pattern in this housemaid issue. At least i grew up around them and they came from all 6 geological zones of the country.
When a house maid first comes to work in your house, they are quiet and respectful, they dont know what to expect. But as time goes on, they become used to the place and their the behaviors of their host, they become more audacious, some begin to talk back and become rude, especially the older ones. Some would begin to steal, your pant, your jewellry, your money and perhaps your husband while some neglect your children. It is actually human behavior.

Then there is the issue of men who maybe because they are not on good terms with their wives, in a moment of weakness would make advances to the maid. And a lot of men are paedophiles so in essence, househelps are in the same level with sidechicks(a.k.a competition) just that they are within reach.

For the lady or madam i dont know what goes on in the mind of the abusive ones. But i think it is along the lines of ‘ i pay your aunty/ uncle that brought you from the village, xxxx salary monthly, i feed you and maybe clothe you, you had better be the epitome of good character and servitude'. No matter what if a housemaid is careful and of good character, 90% of the time wont get beaten.

In lieu of this my mum made some rules concerning househelps, men can do this with their wives and women can apply this to be conscience free. But then i can boast that she is among the good ones
1. They do not stay more than a year. That way they do not replace the mother in the eyes of the children leaving her to deal with seperation anxiety afterwards, besides that is generally the limit of patience my mum has when they start to misbehave.
2. Teach them sex education and preach against fornication, also to limit their contact with men( my mum tried in that area but was unsuccessful some of the time cos we had 2 cases of sexual advances being made towards the helps in that case she did what she could and sent them home. There was also a case of battery by a plumber in my compound but my mum dealt with him( till this day the househelp is still grateful to my mum). This applied to us too as we are all girl children.
3. Go to public school or learn tailoring. Not all househelps want to do this and there is a limit to which she can force them.
4. All househelps were between 9 and 13 except a few as old as 16 when i was much younger. My mum had little patience for puberty antics. ‘So because you have breasts like me you want to struggle with me, no way' my mum always said.
5. Buy them deeperlife clothes and conduct impromptu search of their stuff. Thou shall not steal our stuff.
6. Treat the househelp and children equally especially in discipline, but discipline your children more. When the househelps see her potential to beat but it doesnt happen to her so often, they would be encouraged to be on good behavior. I bore the brunt of this one.
7. Let your children do house chores along with the housemaids cos they wont be around forever and when your children are old enough, pls stop bringing helps, you would doom their future if you do.
8. Be a little paranoid, it is healthy, count the meat in your pot, keep inventory, that way you know when something is amiss.
I have many more tips, but these are the ones i noticed when growing up and i plan on applying them if the need arises.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women Incredibly Wicked To Their Maids, See The Stories Below by Nobody: 9:45am On Jan 06, 2018
funmisticqueen:
Then is actually a general pattern in this housemaid issue. At least i grew up around them and they came from all 6 geological zones of the country.
When a house maid first comes to work in your house, they are quiet and respectful, they dont know what to expect. But as time goes on, they become used to the place and their the behaviors of their host, they become more audacious, some begin to talk back and become rude, especially the older ones. Some would begin to steal, your pant, your jewellry, your money and perhaps your husband while some neglect your children. It is actually human behavior.

Then there is the issue of men who maybe because they are not on good terms with their wives, in a moment of weakness would make advances to the maid. And a lot of men are paedophiles so in essence, househelps are in the same level with sidechicks(a.k.a competition) just that they are within reach.

For the lady or madam i dont know what goes on in the mind of the abusive ones. But i think it is along the lines of ‘ i pay your aunty/ uncle that brought you from the village, xxxx salary monthly, i feed you and maybe clothe you, you had better be the epitome of good character and servitude'. No matter what if a housemaid is careful and of good character, 90% of the time wont get beaten.

In lieu of this my mum made some rules concerning househelps, men can do this with their wives and women can apply this to be conscience free. But then i can boast that she is among the good ones
1. They do not stay more than a year. That way they do not replace the mother in the eyes of the children leaving her to deal with seperation anxiety afterwards, besides that is generally the limit of patience my mum has when they start to misbehave.
2. Teach them sex education and preach against fornication, also to limit their contact with men( my mum tried in that area but was unsuccessful some of the time cos we had 2 cases of sexual advances being made towards the helps in that case she did what she could and sent them home. There was also a case of battery by a plumber in my compound but my mum dealt with him( till this day the househelp is still grateful to my mum). This applied to us too as we are all girl children.
3. Go to public school or learn tailoring. Not all househelps want to do this and there is a limit to which she can force them.
4. All househelps were between 9 and 13 except a few as old as 16 when i was much younger. My mum had little patience for puberty antics. ‘So because you have breasts like me you want to struggle with me, no way' my mum always said.
5. Buy them deeperlife clothes and conduct impromptu search of their stuff. Thou shall not steal our stuff.
6. Treat the househelp and children equally especially in discipline, but discipline your children more. When the househelps see her potential to beat but it doesnt happen to her so often, they would be encouraged to be on good behavior. I bore the brunt of this one.
7. Let your children do house chores along with the housemaids cos they wont be around forever and when your children are old enough, pls stop bringing helps, you would doom their future if you do.
8. Be a little paranoid, it is healthy, count the meat in your pot, keep inventory, that way you know when something is amiss.
I have many more tips, but these are the ones i noticed when growing up and i plan on applying them if the need arises.

Nigerian women are evil. They maltreat any child as far as its not theirs. I have one thousand and one stories regarding their barbarity, God knows I will adopt my maid if I ever have one, it's a honour and privilege to look after someone else's child and give them the best as my own child.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Women Incredibly Wicked To Their Maids, See The Stories Below by JONNYSPUTE(m): 10:16am On Jan 06, 2018
Yea some women are evil towards their maids I agree,how has the man of the house tried to stop it.Try mistreating a maid in my house,I will send her back to her people but be rest assured you won't get to ve any maid again in that house.What nonsense.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women Incredibly Wicked To Their Maids, See The Stories Below by yabas(m): 11:28pm On Jan 06, 2018
Well said, but I don't agree with you on some points, counting meat embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed common naw. They should be able to eat whenever they want, you sound like you are making excuses for these wicked acts. To be honest, no explanation can be good enough and remember that even one's children will talk back at some points.

[quote author=funmisticqueen post=63938265]Then is actually a general pattern in this housemaid issue. At least i grew up around them and they came from all 6 geological zones of the country.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Women Incredibly Wicked To Their Maids, See The Stories Below by Nobody: 9:08am On Jan 07, 2018
yabas:
Well said, but I don't agree with you on some points, counting meat embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed common naw. They should be able to eat whenever they want, you sound like you are making excuses for these wicked acts. To be honest, no explanation can be good enough and remember that even one's children will talk back at some points.

i am not trying to make excuses for those wicked acts, i will never be an advocate for child abuse. I am merely trying to provide insight into what women think with a househelp. It is similar to when a woman brings another man's child for you to train(minus the deception involved). Househelps and children should be able to eat what they want, but with caution. It should be what you give them. If you give them an inch, they take a mile.

Until you put yourself in someone's shoes, it is not your right to judge, but that is never an excuse for violence.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women Incredibly Wicked To Their Maids, See The Stories Below by Nobody: 9:13am On Jan 07, 2018
Bidobado:

Nigerian women are evil. They maltreat any child as far as its not theirs. I have one thousand and one stories regarding their barbarity, God knows I will adopt my maid if I ever have one, it's a honour and privilege to look after someone else's child and give them the best as my own child.
so you would look after another man's child if your wife brought one home abi. Or would you cry dlfor a DNA test. It is not an honour and priviledge to look after another man's child. It is an extra burden, but one you would do because you want to, not because someone forced it on you. Men are also evil, they cheat and bring another woman's child and expect their wives to be fine with it but throw her out of the house if she does the same.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women Incredibly Wicked To Their Maids, See The Stories Below by nuelzz04(m): 11:53am On Jan 07, 2018
ubunja:

listen to this White Knight Vagina Worshiping Simp. always the Self-Appointed Defender of Vaginas whose life slogan is"always blame the husband".
did the husbands put a gun to the wife's head and told her to abuse the maid or else...NO. you cant blame buhari for your stealing.its your hands that did the stealing.
n u think u r making sense.. ...
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women Incredibly Wicked To Their Maids, See The Stories Below by JONNYSPUTE(m): 12:01pm On Jan 07, 2018
funmisticqueen:
i am not trying to make excuses for those wicked acts, i will never be an advocate for child abuse. I am merely trying to provide insight into what women think with a househelp. It is similar to when a woman brings another man's child for you to train(minus the deception involved). Househelps and children should be able to eat what they want, but with caution. It should be what you give them. If you give them an inch, they take a mile.

Until you put yourself in someone's shoes, it is not your right to judge, but that is never an excuse for violence.
. Abeg stop been sentimental and trying to manipulate people to support evil.Training a maid like ur own child is not near training another mans child brought to you by ur wife through infidelity. At times I wonder how some of you ladies reason.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women Incredibly Wicked To Their Maids, See The Stories Below by ubunja(m): 12:02pm On Jan 07, 2018
nuelzz04:
n u think u r making sense.. ...
which part are you having a problem understanding and i clarify it for you?.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Women Refused To Leave The Hospital / How Do You Scope Ladies When They Demand Money? / Should I Engage In Yahoo Or Not

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.