Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,916 members, 7,806,663 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:14 PM

Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister (20686 Views)

Buhari As Petroleum Minister In 1975 (Throwback Photo) / General Obasanjo Swearing In Col. Buhari As Petroleum Minister 1976 (Throwback) / Obasanjo Swearing In Buhari As Petroleum Minister In 1976 (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by eagleeye2: 5:19pm On Dec 21, 2017
doctokwus:
Idonblivit! What have we got yourselves into!!
Check their website. naw... You. can google it to get their website.
Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by Nonnyflex(m): 5:19pm On Dec 21, 2017
G
Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by zezinando(m): 5:19pm On Dec 21, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Buhari my no be the best choice for Minister of Petroluem, but he should no resign.

The real problem are the greedy marketers and petrol station owners who are hoarding products.
This hoard translates to artificial scarcity wilhich translates to increased profit margin for them.

I expected you to say a functional taskforce should be setup to fine or seal up stations hoarding products.
. I always look forward to ur comment,am ur greatest fan

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by doctokwus: 5:20pm On Dec 21, 2017
NtoAkwaIbom:
We've bought fuel at 400 naira per litre in this country, and no body resigned.
Na this child play wey person go come resign ?
It was during the subsidy regime.
What justifies this one?

6 Likes

Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by slimghost(m): 5:21pm On Dec 21, 2017
I spent 3 hours to end up buying at N190. Only Amadioha will strike any bastard still supporting this hopeless and clueless government.

13 Likes

Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by IAMTHEHERO: 5:22pm On Dec 21, 2017
They wanted to use Innoson issue to distract us from the lingering fuel issue but failed woefully. But why is it that GTB is yet to make a pronouncement on the innoson allegations.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by safarigirl(f): 5:22pm On Dec 21, 2017
NtoAkwaIbom:
We've bought fuel at 400 naira per litre in this country, and no body resigned.
Na this child play wey person go come resign ?
they are selling fuel #350 in some areas already.

This child's play should no be ocxuring considering the pump price is more than twice the amount it was back then. On what basis should there be scarcity if the product is already expensive?

Even worse, this is the festive season and it makes the scarcity even more glaring

4 Likes

Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by Saaruman(m): 5:22pm On Dec 21, 2017
Buhari should not just resign as petroleum minister, the man should be fired for gross Incompetence! Buhari d Vegetable does not have the brain to govern a small ward, talk more of a giant zoo like Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by eTECTIVe(m): 5:22pm On Dec 21, 2017
All of U blaming marketers and claiming artificial scarcity are ediots and d ppl who put us in dis problem. Instead of laying d blame at d foot of d incompetent slowpoke heading d ministry u are blaming marketers. What's d meaning of artificial scarcity?? U think marketers would prefer to tie down their money becos dey want to hoard products and sell at outrageous prices wen dey know govt can shut dem down? Why havent we seen PPRMC going about to shut stations?? How many NNPC stations are selling d product all over d federation? Are dey also hoarding d products? Even PENGASSON and NUPENG have asked d govt to tell Nigerians d truth about d scarcity but NO morons would prefer to make excuses for d govt.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by 1nigeriamyfoot: 5:23pm On Dec 21, 2017
bolt000:
And after all this one.. one useless youth would now subscribe(with hin own money) and come online to start defending this useless govt. You must be under a spell, infact you're cursed, you're mad, ori e ti buru.
hahaha cc sarrki, NgeneUkwenu, mrvitalis grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by Nobody: 5:24pm On Dec 21, 2017
doctokwus:

The thing tire me and people still want to keep quiet,in this Christmas period!
I can't verify but I am hearing transport fare to the East because of the added fuel scarcity has reached 10k!!

They are ashamed to admit they made a mistake voting this uncoordinated government........ like Fela said ''suffering and smiling''

5 Likes

Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by InvertedHammer: 5:25pm On Dec 21, 2017
doctokwus:

The thing tire me and people still want to keep quiet,in this Christmas period!
I can't verify but I am hearing transport fare to the East because of the added fuel scarcity has reached 10k!!

This is good for Nigeria--the most populous and educated black nation in the whole world...but they keep electing mediocre leaders based on sentiments.

Other nations are moving towards 22nd Century using science and technology as the foundation while Nigeria is comfortably and unabashedly still grappling with issues of 19th Century forgetting that person wey hold person for ground dey hold himself.

Throw in religion and ethnicity into this discussion and everyone forgets about the fuel scarcity and start fighting one another. Like kids, Nigerians are easily distracted with stupid stuff. Apparently the more educated Nigerians become, the dumber they seem.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by ogidanfemi(m): 5:28pm On Dec 21, 2017
I Don get headache self.since 8 just dey dash home.......moniya, ibadan

buhari embarassedI Don get headache self.since 8 just dey dash home.......moniya, ibadan

buhari
Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by soberdrunk(m): 5:28pm On Dec 21, 2017
eddieguru:
I wipe for this country cry cry cry

What part of the country did you "wipe"?

1 Like

Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by preacherz: 5:29pm On Dec 21, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Buhari may not be the best choice for Minister of Petroluem, but he should not resign.

The real problem are the greedy marketers and petrol station owners who are hoarding products.
This hoard translates to artificial scarcity which ultimately translates to an increased profit margin for them.

I expected you to say a functional taskforce should be set up to fine or seal up stations hoarding products.

With that said,
Buhari should not resign as Minister of Petroleum, he should resign as President.

Hahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaha

Thou art useless

8 Likes

Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by doctokwus: 5:29pm On Dec 21, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Buhari may no be the best choice for Minister of Petroluem, but he should no resign.

This hoard translates to artificial scarcity which ultimately translates to an increased profit margin for them.

I expected you to say a functional taskforce should be setup to fine or seal up stations hoarding products.

With that said,
Buhari should no resign as Minister of Petroleum, he should resign as President.
Do you think hoarding is done in isolation?
There is real scarcity if not NNPC won't have announced that more fuel vessels are on their way to Nigeria.
The fact is Buhari has shown incompetence as the petroleum minister,aside his gross incompetence.
He told us that our refineries would be revamped,even when Obasanjo had said that his then government could not see any way forward for the comatose refineries.
Now 2yrs down the line with money pumped in,he has not made d refineries any functional than he met them.

8 Likes

Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by doctokwus: 5:31pm On Dec 21, 2017
safarigirl:
they are selling fuel #350 in some areas already.

This child's play should no be ocxuring considering the love-vendor price is more than twice the amount it was back then. On what basis should there be scarcity if the product is already expensive?

Even worse, this is the festive season and it makes the scarcity even more glaring
Thank you.
Some people argue blindly.
Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by SalamRushdie: 5:31pm On Dec 21, 2017
9jakohai:
Oil subsidy must go...

1. There were serious scarcities during GEJ'S time in office...and we did not chase him out then. grin
2.Reasons why we have fuel queues are simple

First, we import PMS now at 142 . Before it was at 132 naira. And we are still forcing IPMAN to sell at N145. If i was an IPMAN member, i would have hoarded too.
Second, oil prices are too low for Nigeria to adequately subsidize fuel AND increase the value of the naira. As a result, naira value is falling, meaning we need more naira to buy fuel, and more naira to get dollars to import.
Nigeria needs oil at $120 per barrel to balance the books. Right now it is at $64. (That is why we borrow to finance the budget, but that's another story).

Bubu could end fuel queues IF he removed the 'imaginary' subsidy, and allowed fuel marketers to set their prices.

YES...fuel will sell at 200-300 naira per liter.
YES...govt should have built new refineries, and gotten those modular refineries running.

BUT as investment flows in...since under deregulation, people would be allowed to make heavy profit...prices will fall, since those marketers who sell at lower prices than their competitors would make more money.

If BUBU wants to be a leader, not a politician, he should take the HARD decision and allow for deregulation.

What subsidy are you talking of again? I thought the evil govt insist they have removed subsidy ..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by Nobody: 5:32pm On Dec 21, 2017
I support this

If you see the kind hustle for fuel in my area ehn angry

1 Like

Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by eagleeye2: 5:35pm On Dec 21, 2017
soberdrunk:

What part of the country did you "wipe"?
Hahahhahhaha...abeg free the guy

1 Like

Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by Nobody: 5:36pm On Dec 21, 2017
SalamRushdie:

What subsidy are you talking of again? I thought the evil govt insist they have removed subsidy ..

So long as govt is setting prices of fuel...there is a subsidy in place.

I did not believe the govt when they said they 'removed subsidy' . If they did...fuel would have been selling at N170 and above, and there would have been street protests.

No govt has removed or campaigned for the removal of subsidy. It is only something they talk about once they are in office...

Back in 2006, OBJ floated subsidy removal. One of his ministers even said that in Nigeria pms is cheaper than coke (then ! ) But Nigerians growled.
Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by buJu234: 5:38pm On Dec 21, 2017
GEJ gave us freedom of speech we used it to crucify him.

PMB didn't give any freedom of speech in fact u miss yarn, EFCC and DSS arrest, now we are loyal.

So lets enjoy d change with suffering and smiling ok

12 Likes

Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by ibietela2(m): 5:41pm On Dec 21, 2017
eagleeye2:
Ayam, very surprised that people are not talking about this fuel crisis.

Because it's Buhari

2 Likes

Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by Agbaletu: 5:42pm On Dec 21, 2017
doctokwus:

Idonblivit!
What have we got ourselves into!!
Just take a look..

Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by samfuntua: 5:43pm On Dec 21, 2017
pls all those saying there is no scarcity but artificial hurdling should explain what they mean by "artificial hurdling"

where did they get the fuel they are hurdling?
is NNPC also hurdling its products?
why are they hurdling the fuel?

2 Likes

Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by valdovas(m): 5:43pm On Dec 21, 2017
I wonder how bad things will get in Nigeria before the people decide to protest on the streets and do a revolution.
everytime these evil people slap them with another form of hardship Nigerians will just complain online or in beer palors and return back to their suffer head life.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by descartes400: 5:45pm On Dec 21, 2017
eagleeye2:

Yeah that is the truth. Companies like God is Good motors are collecting 14,400. You can check it on their website.

16,500 to mere PH wey i dey use leg trek angry angry
Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by SalamRushdie: 5:45pm On Dec 21, 2017
eTECTIVe:
All of U blaming marketers and claiming artificial scarcity are ediots and d ppl who put us in dis problem. Instead of laying d blame at d foot of d incompetent slowpoke heading d ministry u are blaming marketers. What's d meaning of artificial scarcity?? U think marketers would prefer to tie down their money becos dey want to hoard products and sell at outrageous prices wen dey know govt can shut dem down? Why havent we seen PPRMC going about to shut stations?? How many NNPC stations are selling d product all over d federation? Are dey also hoarding d products? Even PENGASSON and NUPENG have asked d govt to tell Nigerians d truth about d scarcity but NO morons would prefer to make excuses for d govt.

Dont mind the dull zombies blaming marketer when in reality there is no fuel at any depot because of price disparities

2 Likes

Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by DrHighchief(m): 5:46pm On Dec 21, 2017
240 naira per litre @ fuel station in Benin city...

1 Like

Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by eTECTIVe(m): 5:47pm On Dec 21, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Dont mind the dull zombies blaming marketer when in reality there is no fuel at any depot because of price disparities

It is even more annoying dat Nigerians have been quiet and acting like dey've been bewitched

2 Likes

Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by Nasirukry(m): 5:48pm On Dec 21, 2017
This government is mad �,lost and incompetenced in all aspects.comes to 2019 we 'll votes u out, enough is enough we are in critical condition. 1liter hit #500 in Oyo town today.[color=#990000][/color]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why I Was Redeployed – Keyamo / 23 Women Became Chairmen & Councillors In Just Concluded Kebbi Polls. (photos) / Northern Leaders Stole More Than Diezani, Alamieyeseigha – Ijaw Youth Council

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.