Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,986 members, 7,806,871 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:43 AM

I’m Yet To Be Briefed On Innoson Chairman’s Arrest – AGF - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Yet To Be Briefed On Innoson Chairman’s Arrest – AGF (16273 Views)

‘we Have Not Been Briefed On Kemi Adeosun’s NYSC Forgery’ – Presidency / Buhari Was Adequately Briefed On Poor Condition Of State House Clinic – CMD / NIA Never Briefed Buhari On Any ‘Covert’ Projects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Yet To Be Briefed On Innoson Chairman’s Arrest – AGF by Ebullience(m): 8:32pm On Dec 21, 2017
The Minister of Justice and Attorney General of the Federation, (AGF) Abubakar Malami on Thursday said that he has not been briefed on why the Chairman of Innocent Motors, Chief Innocent Chukwuma was arrested.

The Economic Financial and Crimes Commission, EFCC, two days ago had arrested Chief Chukwuma and took him to Abuja for allegedly refusing to honour invitation, which the Innoson Motors boss has denied.

Briefing State House correspondents after the Federal Executive Council, meeting presided by President Muhammadu Buhari at the Council Chamber, Presidential Villa, Abuja on Thursday, the AGF said that he was yet to be briefed by the agency responsible for the arrest on the reason behind the action.

Asked to explain the circumstances behind the arrest of Chukwuma, he said, “Well in all sincerity I wasn’t privy to facts that led the stated arrest. I have not been formally briefed by the relevant agencies.

“One thing I know about Innoson is the fact that there has been a pending case between him and GTBank which is pending in court and is being prosecuted accordingly. Other than that, I am not privy to the fact and circumstances that led to the alleged arrest Wednesday. So until I am briefed by the relevant agencies, I am not in the clear position to make any disclosures relating to that.”

On the memo from his office to the Council he said, “Two memos were presented Thursday from the Federal Ministry of Justice and the first memo was a memo relating to copy right bill which is intended to be transmitted by the executive to the legislature which passes it into law.

“It is a Bill that relates to creative industry; it is designed to accord protection of creative works against piracy and protection of intellectual property rights.

“The bill was taken and was accordingly approved by the Council; the Attorney General has accordingly been instructed to transmit same to the National Assembly for passage into law and eventual assent if it is eventually passed.

“The second memo that was taken from the Federal Ministry of Justice was a memo relating to suppression of piracy and maritime offences act. The intention was to accord protection to the maritime industry against pirates and indeed, come up with a comprehensive policy provision accommodated into the bill which is intended to ensure that at the end of the day that the spirit of international conventions that have been ratified by Nigeria over time relating to maritime industry are indeed accommodated into the bill with a view to bring it in line with the international best practices and indeed ensure the protection of our maritime boundary.”

The bill approved by the Council will be transmitted to the National Assembly for passage and eventual assent by the President.

Speaking on the persisting fuel scarcity in the country, the Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed said that all the relevant agencies including the Minister of Petroleum Resources, Dr Ibe Kachikwu were working to ensure the end of the fuel crisis.

Mohammed said, “We just concluded a very marathon Council meeting you take into consideration that it started Wednesday and it just ended this afternoon

“As for the fuel scarcity, I can assure you that both the Ministry of Petroleum Resources and the Department of Petroleum Resources are working round the clock to ensure that this thing becomes a thing of the past.”

On his part, the Minister of State for Environment, Ibrahim Jibril said his ministry presented two memos to Council and that one of the memos was taken on Wednesday.

He said, “The one taken Thursday is a policy memo aimed at seeking Council’s approval for the revision of the National Biosafety Management Agency.

“The National Bio-Safety Management Agency is an agency under the Ministry of Environment charged with the direct responsibility of monitoring and supervising the use of genetically modified organism in the country.

“Most of the time, people tend to mix this agency with another sister agency in the Federal Ministry of Science and Technology, that is National Bio-technology Development Agency.

“While the first one under technology is charged with the responsibility of doing research work and making a breakthrough on many things in the country, the national biosafety under the environment ministry is a regulatory agency with the responsibility of checking the type of fuel that are genetically modified product that could come into the country to ensure that they are safe for consumption either for animals or humans and to ensure also that they do not displace our traditional products that are found locally in the country.

“This policy memo which was approved Thursday, the first one we had was in 2006 and this predate even the establishment of the agency because the agency was established by an act of parliament in the year 2015.

“So the policy has been in place before even the enactment of the law to establish the agency and because it has been around for more than a decade, we felt it is necessary to review it and bring it up to date and face the present reality so that as technology is developing rapidly, the policy framework that should be put in place to regulate and monitor effectively to ensure that our citizens are save is what motivated us to bring this and thank God, the Council has approved the policy memo.

“So we have a new policy and the Attorney General of the Federation will take the necessary steps to bring it into force.

“The first memo which was taken Wednesday was actually about the hydrocarbon remediation project in River State where approval was given for the engagement of the project management consultants as well as monitoring and evaluation to ensure that proper framework is put in place that will assist in supervising and actualising the clean-up and that was also approved yesterday.

On Sulphur in fuel, he said; “You are talking about fuel for vehicles which has Sulphur contents. This is something that cuts across two or three ministries and it has to do with Trade, Investments and Industries. It also has to do with Petroleum Resources through the NNPC because the products are brought in by NNPC and it is something that we started with the West African sub-region and agreed that the sulphur content in our fuel is extremely high and is injurious to human health and environment. Unfortunately, the refineries in this country are not designed to have low sulphur content but we are lucky the new refinery coming up from Dangote in Lagos probably this coming year will have the standard but for us we have agreed that we have to give sometime up to about two years for the refineries in this country to upgrade to the level where they can be able produce fuel with less sulphur content but the work is ongoing, we are working closely with the NNPC for they are the people who are directly responsible.

“We are concerned because we it is part of the pollutant that can pollute the environment and affect human health, that is why we are driving the process to ensure that they comply with regulations and in doing this we are getting support.”

The Minister of Agriculture, Audu Ogbeh said: “This afternoon we presented a memo to the Council relating to the Veterinary Council of Nigeria which has been in existence since 1953 and under the provisions of the law setting it up, the Council members meet from time to time to improve regulations on veterinary practice so that people not qualified to practice as Veterinary Doctors do not operate in the country.

“The regulations were made and submitted to Council and Council approved them for Mr. President to endorse so that those regulations can be put in practice with the protection of livestock and the improvement of the breed of livestock in the country.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/im-yet-to-be-briefed-on-innoson-chairmans-arrest-agf/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

3 Shares

Re: I’m Yet To Be Briefed On Innoson Chairman’s Arrest – AGF by jdstunt(m): 8:35pm On Dec 21, 2017
Apc is scam

73 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I’m Yet To Be Briefed On Innoson Chairman’s Arrest – AGF by Donexy16(m): 8:37pm On Dec 21, 2017
jdstunt:
Apc is scam

Serious one

67 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Yet To Be Briefed On Innoson Chairman’s Arrest – AGF by biacan(f): 8:40pm On Dec 21, 2017
jdstunt:
Apc is scam
I dey tell you

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Yet To Be Briefed On Innoson Chairman’s Arrest – AGF by benedictnsi(m): 8:42pm On Dec 21, 2017
AGF........

dem never tell you

Okay.....

Na this one chance govt of APC and their Ojoro EFCC......... They simply tried to witch-hunt this innocent man...... It backfired on them. gringringrin

75 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I’m Yet To Be Briefed On Innoson Chairman’s Arrest – AGF by Homeboiy: 8:43pm On Dec 21, 2017
how u come take know say he was arrested

29 Likes

Re: I’m Yet To Be Briefed On Innoson Chairman’s Arrest – AGF by ugo2k2004: 8:49pm On Dec 21, 2017
5 DAY PROJECT MANAGEMENT (PMP) + SAP PROJECT SYSTEMS OR PRIMAVERA P6
Weekday: Monday 22nd Jan 2018 - Friday 26th Jan 2018. 10am to 5pm daily.
Weekend: Saturday 20th Jan, 2018 - Saturday 3rd Feb, 2018. 10am to 5pm daily.

Our Project Management Training is in the Methodology of Project Management Institute - PMI

WHAT YOU GET
Training materials PMBOK fifth edition
PMI accredited training Manual
PMP exam simulations/mock exams
SAP Project Systems training
Students Workbook
35 Contact Hours and PDU's as recommended by PMI
Real-life application and understanding
Certified and Experienced trainers
Exam support including registration and scheduling
Participants will get a Professional Certificate of Training as required by Project Management Institute, US
Internship and Employment Support

PortHarcourt Training Center: Suit 307 Emthel Mall, 1 Chinda Street Oginigba, Opposite West African Glass Port Harcourt
Abuja Training Center: Suit 108, 1st Floor MKK Plaza, 22 I. T. Igbani Street Beside Vinee Gas Plant, Jabi District Abuja FCT.
Lagos Training Center: 76 Ogunlana Drive Surulere, Lagos

For Reservation Call 08146485946 / 08170738668
Email: support@clariongr.com
Training Fee: ₦49,999 no extra charges

https://www.clariongr.com/project-management-pmp-primavera-p6

1 Like

Re: I’m Yet To Be Briefed On Innoson Chairman’s Arrest – AGF by Ehiscotch(m): 8:51pm On Dec 21, 2017
I just wonder why on earth we must "tribalize" everything in Nigeria.

Innoson was accused of fraud and EFCC arrested him, although the manner in which he was arrested leaves much to be desired, I still see no reason why many are saying it is because of his tribe.

I am very sure Innoson himself wouldn't even come out to say this has anything to do with his tribe.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I’m Yet To Be Briefed On Innoson Chairman’s Arrest – AGF by tobida: 8:53pm On Dec 21, 2017
Worst Government

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Yet To Be Briefed On Innoson Chairman’s Arrest – AGF by fineboynl(m): 9:13pm On Dec 21, 2017
when the police or EFCC sent invitation to anyone and the individual refuse to honor the invitation. the EFCC or police has no right to issue arrest to person like innoson in the manner they did. what they need is seek for arrest warrant from a court/AGF. the AGF should then assign arrest warrant to innoson after going through the charges.
and if the charges don't deserve arrest it will be trash by the court.
and instead advise they send him court letter.

the fact innoson is not a criminal and doesn't pose any threat to the public, what the EFCC should have done is to present the arrest warrant to innoson. having go through the validation of the warrant by then innoson can decide to follow them.

as it stand there are no arrest warrant as the AGF just confirm that he was not aware. the case will cost the EFCC big shame.

"An arrest warrant is an official document, signed by a judge (or magistrate), which authorizes a police officer to arrest the person or people named in the warrant. Warrants typically identify the crime for which an arrest has been authorized, and may restrict the manner in which an arrest may be made."

73 Likes 11 Shares

Re: I’m Yet To Be Briefed On Innoson Chairman’s Arrest – AGF by merit455(m): 9:21pm On Dec 21, 2017
Ehiscotch:

Innoson was accused of fraud and EFCC arrested him, although the manner in which he was arrested leaves much to be desired, I still see no reason why many are saying it is because of his tribe.

I am very sure Innoson himself wouldn't even come out to say this has anything to do with his tribe.
Shut up

80 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I’m Yet To Be Briefed On Innoson Chairman’s Arrest – AGF by Ehiscotch(m): 9:26pm On Dec 21, 2017
fineboynl:

when the police or EFCC sent invitation to anyone and the individual refuse to honor the invitation. the EFCC has no right issue arrest in the manner. what they need is seek for arrest warrant from a AGF. the AGF should then issign a warrant to innoson.

the fact innoson is not a criminal and doesn't pose any threat to the public, what the EFCC should have done is to present the arrest warrant to innoson. having goes through thevalidation of the warrant then innoson when then decide to follow them.

as it stand there are no arrest warrant as ths AGF just confirm that he was not aware.

So the EFCC has to notify the AGF for every arrest they want to make ?

Or does the rule only apply to Politically Exposed Persons?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Yet To Be Briefed On Innoson Chairman’s Arrest – AGF by Ehiscotch(m): 9:28pm On Dec 21, 2017
merit455:
Shut up
I didn't expect any less from you.

3 Likes

Re: I’m Yet To Be Briefed On Innoson Chairman’s Arrest – AGF by Built2last: 9:28pm On Dec 21, 2017
Maina issue has reset the brain of Malami

2 Likes

Re: I’m Yet To Be Briefed On Innoson Chairman’s Arrest – AGF by fineboynl(m): 9:35pm On Dec 21, 2017
Ehiscotch:

So the EFCC has to notify the AGF for every arrest they want to make ?

Or does the rule only apply to Politically Exposed Persons?
no, to every body that is well known, someone that is not a criminal and no risk to the public, someone that is well known in the society, someone that cannot run away, someone that has investment or industrialist. someone that anytime the court needs him he will appear, and lastly someone that refuse to honor invitation. the police or efcc will then need a court warrant to make the arrest.

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I’m Yet To Be Briefed On Innoson Chairman’s Arrest – AGF by tribalistseun: 9:37pm On Dec 21, 2017
We go bring egg and shinapp for you first for you to know wetin even people for inside inside village know already. Useless human being

3 Likes

Re: I’m Yet To Be Briefed On Innoson Chairman’s Arrest – AGF by Ehiscotch(m): 9:38pm On Dec 21, 2017
fineboynl:
no to every body that is well know, someone that is not a criminal and no risk to the public, someone that is well known in the society, someone that cannot run away, someone that has investment or industrialist. and lastly someone that refuse to honor invitation. the police or efcc will then need a court warrant to make the arrest.
LMAO. So some individuals' statuses in society have to be considered. So you mean they should get special treatment?
Innoson is an industrialist and should be treated differently?

7 Likes

Re: I’m Yet To Be Briefed On Innoson Chairman’s Arrest – AGF by uwa1(m): 9:43pm On Dec 21, 2017
Hmmm... How Will u be briefed... Always putting ambition and greed over service....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Yet To Be Briefed On Innoson Chairman’s Arrest – AGF by fineboynl(m): 9:46pm On Dec 21, 2017
Ehiscotch:

LMAO. So some individuals' statuses in society have to be considered. So you mean they should get special treatment?
Innoson is an industrialist and should be treated differently?
its anyone that cannot runaway. a no body that is not known and no investment can runaway.

the power of the police is limited in case like this. they cannot investigate this type of case. its left for the court. GTBank should have gone to court.

i wish the EFCC requested for arrest warrant the AGF would have stroke off the arrest because it does not called for that. The AGF would have advise the efcc to submited court letter to innoson

the law says police has no right to keep anyone under detention for 24 hours. beside there is no case to investigate in this case by efcc its a court case. full stop

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Yet To Be Briefed On Innoson Chairman’s Arrest – AGF by MrHistorian: 9:47pm On Dec 21, 2017
cool
Re: I’m Yet To Be Briefed On Innoson Chairman’s Arrest – AGF by princechurchill(m): 9:48pm On Dec 21, 2017
Ehiscotch:

Aturu

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Yet To Be Briefed On Innoson Chairman’s Arrest – AGF by Osucoward: 9:48pm On Dec 21, 2017
I stand with GT Bank

3 Likes

Re: I’m Yet To Be Briefed On Innoson Chairman’s Arrest – AGF by Osucoward: 9:49pm On Dec 21, 2017
Everybody out there knows how Igbos liketo cry victim. We’re not moved by emotional tears

2 Likes

Re: I’m Yet To Be Briefed On Innoson Chairman’s Arrest – AGF by princechurchill(m): 9:49pm On Dec 21, 2017
Innoson sue them for damages and theft

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Yet To Be Briefed On Innoson Chairman’s Arrest – AGF by Nobody: 9:49pm On Dec 21, 2017
jdstunt:
Apc is scam

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Yet To Be Briefed On Innoson Chairman’s Arrest – AGF by Evablizin(f): 9:51pm On Dec 21, 2017
shocked
Re: I’m Yet To Be Briefed On Innoson Chairman’s Arrest – AGF by omogin(f): 9:51pm On Dec 21, 2017
Who are you pls?
Re: I’m Yet To Be Briefed On Innoson Chairman’s Arrest – AGF by skydancer: 9:51pm On Dec 21, 2017
Come and report GTB on FraudKoboko.com

Na dem
Re: I’m Yet To Be Briefed On Innoson Chairman’s Arrest – AGF by sureheaven(m): 9:52pm On Dec 21, 2017
Innoson forged docs and sigis of gtb and his staffs. He later went to court getting kangaroo judgement up and down. Therefore making him fell super hero and gaining public sympathy.

2 Likes

Re: I’m Yet To Be Briefed On Innoson Chairman’s Arrest – AGF by Ejiphill09(m): 9:53pm On Dec 21, 2017
"Before Buhari came to power:

I was buying a bag of rice N7,500 but later N23,000. Now N16,000. They said its for my own good, that local farmers are now very rich!
I was buying a bag of Semo N1,550 but later N3400. They said it is just to ensure food sufficiency!

I was buying fuel at N87 per liter, but later N145. Now currently selling from N280-400 They said it is just a temporal hardship for the nation to move on!

I was paying 1,000 NEPA Bill, but later N5,000, they said it is to ensure steady electricity!

I was buying a pack of sugar at N250 but now N500. They said I should thank God for this government!

Sanusi raised alarm about missing $20 billion during GEJ administration, later reduced it to $10 billion, the nation was agog. Under Buhari Kachukwu raised alarm of misappropriation of $26 billion, no reduction but he was asked to go and reconcile with Baru and story ends!
Naira was 178 to $1 under GEJ administration ,but under Buhari administration it went up to N500 to $1 and now exchanging for over N306 to $1 and we are told the economy is the focus of this government!
HoS raised alarm that my president was aware of Maina's return but choses to be quiet, no denial, yet, no reason was given to Nigerians for that!

We used to have presidential media chat in which d president keeps citizens abreast with what's happening, we only had it once under this administration and no reason is given for the alienation of the citizens!

Almost 3 years gone, no single project has been commissioned under a government that has the highest history of budget in Nigeria!

I can go on and on...but, my challenge is that, people keep saying that PMB is the best thing that ever happened to Nigeria, even when this is not his first time in government. I am yet to be convinced." APC AND BUHARI NA SCAM.

37 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I’m Yet To Be Briefed On Innoson Chairman’s Arrest – AGF by sureheaven(m): 9:55pm On Dec 21, 2017
when the police or EFCC sent invitation to anyone and the individual refuse to honor the invitation. the EFCC or police has no right to issue arrest to person like innoson in the manner they did. what they need is seek for arrest warrant from a court/AGF. the AGF should then assign arrest warrant to innoson after going through the charges.
and if the charges don't deserve arrest it will be trash by the court.

the fact innoson is not a criminal and doesn't pose any threat to the public, what the EFCC should have done is to present the arrest warrant to innoson. having go through the validation of the warrant by then innoson can decide to follow them.

as it stand there are no arrest warrant as the AGF just confirm that he was not aware. the case will cost the EFCC big shame.

Mumu ipob , what's good for goose is good for the gander. If Efcc invites and u refuse to honor their invitation at any given time just expect urself to be disgraced anytime they enter ur house. Nobody is above the law. Innoson deserved what he got

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Strike Flops In Lagos As Workers, Banks Shun NLC / Amina Mohammed Inspects Delta Forcados Oil Spill (Photos) / The New Nigerian Army Motorcycle Battalion In Action!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.