Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,635 members, 7,801,832 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:15 AM

A Sincere Review Of Mtn Lumos Solar Electricity - Technology Market (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / A Sincere Review Of Mtn Lumos Solar Electricity (70314 Views)

Please Don’t Buy The MTN Lumos Solar System Until You Read My Review / A BETTER ALTERNATIVE TO MTN LUMOS.NO SUBSCRIPTION PAYMENT / Please Help, I Want To Buy Mtn Lumos Solar Power(pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Sincere Review Of Mtn Lumos Solar Electricity by Originakalokalo(m): 2:08am On Apr 08, 2018
pobeaf:
Take advantage of the the promo going on, join Lumos today get 90 days for a start instead of 30 days. Ask me how 08034794904 call/watzap

Scam from the pit of hell.

I use it but will dump it at the end of the month...ASAP.

Sun is a factor....I get less than 60% charge most of the time

It doesn't power my led tv.

1 Like

Re: A Sincere Review Of Mtn Lumos Solar Electricity by pobeaf(m): 6:59am On Apr 09, 2018
Originakalokalo:

Scam from the pit of hell.

I use it but will dump it at the end of the month...ASAP.

Sun is a factor....I get less than 60% charge most of the time

It doesn't power my led tv.
Sorry about the sunlight not strong enough in your area, tho that doesn't make it a scam because sun is a factor in every solar powered device... we have good sunlight daily in my own area.
New price is
15,500 package
4,500 1st month subscription
Re: A Sincere Review Of Mtn Lumos Solar Electricity by tayo52: 6:55pm On Apr 09, 2018
kelac:

You have said it all
lolz that not all those pipu using it did not mention terms n conditions if u miss 10 days in a month the following month they will deduct the 10days money upon say u no use am ooo,to crown it all if u no sub for up to 2months mtn will retrieve it back so that means ur kit dan go,installation for it is 4k and it 150 if only paying the 1month sub at ago but if is daily it is 180 per day. it take about 12hours for fully charge so if no sun for few days that means u won't av up to 10percent ba3 n that 1 no concern mtn u must pay even if u travel n u no use am sef u must pay so u must have a deep pocket b4 u can maintain this gadget so once rainy period Dan start u won't enjoy it for like few months except u are using to charge ur fone n d led bulb my own review

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Sincere Review Of Mtn Lumos Solar Electricity by tayo52: 7:20pm On Apr 09, 2018
donpata:

Most vehicle batteries are "starter batteries". they are only used to give a very high current within a little time; of coz sufficient enough to start the vehicle. They are not meant to be deeply discharged and so once the car starts, the battery recharges back to 100% waiting for the next time it will be needed to start the engine again. Soooo, forget the truck batteries. moreover, from experience, buying a used battery and getting a good one is sheer luck. I don't advice that.

If ur concern is just the laptop, u can get a 500watt China inverter for abt 10k or get a 1000watt inverter for 13k (u can get it on jumia or local solar stores) if possible, buy the one that comes with an inbuilt charger so that when there is NEPA light, u can charge ur battery. if u intend to use the battery for the said 7days without charging it in between, then u need at least 200ah battery which I said earlier will cost u at least 85k. So obviously, u are on a 100k budget. if however u are gonna get power in between to charge ur battery, and you are on a tight budget, then look for abt 50ah battery which may be below 30k. With this, ur entire budget may just be abt 40k.

Re: A Sincere Review Of Mtn Lumos Solar Electricity by tayo52: 7:26pm On Apr 09, 2018
donpata:

Most vehicle batteries are "starter batteries". they are only used to give a very high current within a little time; of coz sufficient enough to start the vehicle. They are not meant to be deeply discharged and so once the car starts, the battery recharges back to 100% waiting for the next time it will be needed to start the engine again. Soooo, forget the truck batteries. moreover, from experience, buying a used battery and getting a good one is sheer luck. I don't advice that.

If ur concern is just the laptop, u can get a 500watt China inverter for abt 10k or get a 1000watt inverter for 13k (u can get it on jumia or local solar stores) if possible, buy the one that comes with an inbuilt charger so that when there is NEPA light, u can charge ur battery. if u intend to use the battery for the said 7days without charging it in between, then u need at least 200ah battery which I said earlier will cost u at least 85k. So obviously, u are on a 100k budget. if however u are gonna get power in between to charge ur battery, and you are on a tight budget, then look for abt 50ah battery which may be below 30k. With this, ur entire budget may just be abt 40k.

kindly guide me I stay in a farm house I have a original LG led TV power rating is 30watt n 19volt n DVD power rating it just 8watt what kind of inverter+ba3 can I use for it that can serve me for atleast 7hours per day I av a tiger gen that I can use in charging it or can the ups thing work well with the 8k ba3 just that u said ups don't charge fast that just the turn off kindly advice me on what gadget to buy at a pocket fwendly price
Re: A Sincere Review Of Mtn Lumos Solar Electricity by donpata(m): 3:24pm On Apr 11, 2018
tayo52:
kindly guide me I stay in a farm house I have a original LG led TV power rating is 30watt n 19volt n DVD power rating it just 8watt what kind of inverter+ba3 can I use for it that can serve me for atleast 7hours per day I av a tiger gen that I can use in charging it or can the ups thing work well with the 8k ba3 just that u said ups don't charge fast that just the turn off kindly advice me on what gadget to buy at a pocket fwendly price

I think you should look for a 40ah battery for around 20-25k and a 1000 watts inverter with a built in 20amp charger for arnd 13k. a lower wattage inverter will still serve you. say a 500 or 300 watts inverter which may cost abt 8-10k. I think it's better you go for the 1000watts cos it allows for more gadgets and the difference in price ain't much. for the battery, you can go for 2 pcs of 18ah battery (36ah) at 8k each to save cost. if you still got cash to spare, go for a 16k 100watts China solar panel.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Sincere Review Of Mtn Lumos Solar Electricity by tayo52: 1:38am On Apr 12, 2018
donpata:

I think you should look for a 40ah battery for around 20-25k and a 1000 watts inverter with a built in 20amp charger for arnd 13k. a lower wattage inverter will still serve you. say a 500 or 300 watts inverter which may cost abt 8-10k. I think it's better you go for the 1000watts cos it allows for more gadgets and the difference in price ain't much. for the battery, you can go for 2 pcs of 18ah battery (36ah) at 8k each to save cost. if you still got cash to spare, go for a 16k 100watts China solar panel.
baba u too much please what ur location maybe u can guide me if I want to buy them for the solar we Dan enter rainy season so it might not rili function can a tiger gen power 1000watts inverter
Re: A Sincere Review Of Mtn Lumos Solar Electricity by easybussiness: 3:16am On Apr 12, 2018
Get ur mini inverter solarkit for 60,000 no monthly subscription fast chargeing within 5hours with 1000watts inverter 150watts panel call 08166117634

Solar dc tv available in

24inches

Portable laptop DVD also in stock
Re: A Sincere Review Of Mtn Lumos Solar Electricity by donpata(m): 4:43am On Apr 12, 2018
tayo52:
baba u too much please what ur location maybe u can guide me if I want to buy them for the solar we Dan enter rainy season so it might not rili function can a tiger gen power 1000watts inverter

I don't really understand your question abt the inverter and generator. the inverter is meant to convert yr DC from battery, to AC so u can use yr appliances. let me assume you are asking abt charging the battery using tiger gen. Of coz, its possible to charge it using the inbuilt inverter charger but u go buy fuel tire be that. if u get some small phcn power, that will help. What is important is for you not to deeply deeply discharge the battery so that recharging it won't take long and battery lifespan gets extended as well. BTW, I am in Kaduna.

1 Like

Re: A Sincere Review Of Mtn Lumos Solar Electricity by doziej84: 6:31pm On Apr 16, 2018
donpata:

Donpata, i'd like to speak with you. Please check ur mail.
Re: A Sincere Review Of Mtn Lumos Solar Electricity by donpata(m): 10:07am On Apr 21, 2018
doziej84:

Donpata, i'd like to speak with you. Please check ur mail.
sorry my phone went bad. If need be, Mail me here johndogo86@gmail.com
Re: A Sincere Review Of Mtn Lumos Solar Electricity by easybussiness: 8:25am On Apr 30, 2018
Dc tv
17inches dc tv 21,000
24inches dc tv 30,000
28inches dc tv 38,000
32inches dc tv 55,000
Dc iron 150watts 9,000
Dc iron 300watts 15,000
Dc freezer 200litre 170,000
Dc pump 150watts 70,000
epever/morningstar/fangbuson solar controller
12/24 MPPT 10A 18,000 INDIA STANDARD
12/24 MPPT 20A 35,000 INDIA STANDARD
12/24 MPPT 30A 50,000/30A
12/24/36/48/ 30A 120,000
12/24 MPPT 60AH CHINA STANDARD 30,000
PMW 10A 6,000
PMW 20A 9,000
PMW 30A 17,00
pmw 50A 28,000
PMW 60A 36,000
SOLARPANEL 150WATT 25,000 CHINA STANDARD
SOLARPANEL 150WATT 35,000 INDIA STANDARD
SOLARPANEL 250WATTS 35,000 CHINA STANDARD
SOLARPANEL 250WATTS 45,000 INDIA STANDARD
SOLARPANEL 300WATTS 48,000 CHINA STANDARD
SOLARPANEL 320WATTS 65,000 INDIA STANDARD
SOLARPANEL 350WATTS 80,000 AMERICA STANDARD
quanta 150ah 95,000
Quanta 200ah 122,000
mecury battery 100ah 49,000
mecury battery 200ah 90,000
mecury BATTERY 40ah 30,000
mecury battery 18ah 8,000
MECURY 12VOLT 7AH BATTERY 5,000
AMERICA STANDARD CAR BATTERY 75AH 30,000
AMERICA STANDARD GENERATOR BATTERY AVILABLE IN STOCK
3WATTS LED BULB CHINA STANDARD 300
3WATTS LED BULB INDIA STANDARD 800
7WATTS LED BULB CHINA STANDARD 500
7WATTS LED BULB INDIA STANDARD 1200
15WATT LED BULB CHINA STANDARD 800
15WATT LED BULB INDIA STANDARD 2000
Re: A Sincere Review Of Mtn Lumos Solar Electricity by pointstores(m): 7:44am On Jun 02, 2018
solar generator 200watts inverter 18ah battery 50watts panel 30,000

solar generator 500watts inverter 40ah battery 100watts panel 60,000

solar generator 1000watts inverter 100ah battery 150watts panel 100,000

Call 08166117634

2 Likes

Re: A Sincere Review Of Mtn Lumos Solar Electricity by deic9(m): 8:27am On Jun 02, 2018
pointstores:
solar generator 200watts inverter 18ah battery 50watts panel 30,000

solar generator 500watts inverter 40ah battery 100watts panel 60,000

solar generator 1000watts inverter 100ah battery 150watts panel 100,000

Call 08166117634

Please what brand is the inverter and battery, thanks. Pictures also
Re: A Sincere Review Of Mtn Lumos Solar Electricity by pointstores(m): 10:40am On Jun 02, 2018
deic9:

Please what brand is the inverter and battery, thanks. Pictures also

Re: A Sincere Review Of Mtn Lumos Solar Electricity by deic9(m): 5:51am On Jun 06, 2018
Do you have the pure sine wave type of inverter?
Re: A Sincere Review Of Mtn Lumos Solar Electricity by ajaymina(m): 1:56am On Aug 25, 2018
error4040:
@Op what i dont understand is paying of N150 daily when the device uses Sun and solar panel, Abi Mtn now own The Sun ?.
Why not buy solar Panel instead youre busy shouting its just for N150 daily that those who cant Afford to pay N150 the device is not ment for Them, To me thats pure Bullshit! Why ?
Well why dont they give the device for free? but instead they sale the device and still charge you for Using it. or please kindly
do the Math N150 X 30 = N4500

NB: A penny wise Nigerian should boycott this Capitalist company and it device for They are not planning to help but to milk average nigerians

Kai!, bros the anointing oil for your head still fresh scara!...

MTN gives with the right hand and takes it indirectly in multiples folds with the left hand.

4 Likes

Re: A Sincere Review Of Mtn Lumos Solar Electricity by surrogatesng: 9:14am On Sep 16, 2018
Brand new 19 inch solar led television for sale.Works with mtn lumos.Power consumption is just 16 watts.Very compatible with MTN Lumos or small solar systems.Price is 25,000 Naira.To order call 08170368264

Re: A Sincere Review Of Mtn Lumos Solar Electricity by ifnyioj22(m): 10:03am On Sep 16, 2018
Is Op from soweto ne?
Re: A Sincere Review Of Mtn Lumos Solar Electricity by MASTERM(m): 9:18am On Oct 30, 2018
WHY you should ALWAYS buy Sp1230w/any free to use solar lighting kit/generator and WHY you should NEVER buy mtn 419 yellow box that you pays over 400k to use. Sun is a free gift from God....don't get scammed by wicked ones, because of your ignorance of how solar system works oh.

This sp1230w is a free to use solar lighting kit/ generator. It has the same battery capacity and more functions than that mtn yellow box. If you buy it, you will not be paying 4,500 naira every month for five whole years to use it. Because its free and doesn't require daily payment to use unlike mtn yellow box that mtn is using to scam the ignorance ones. They have a wicked policy which they are hiding from the buyers. If you don't pay or use it for one month, they will seize it from you. If you try to bypass their security to use use it for free, they will get you arrested according to their policy. If you calculate how much they will steal from you for that 5years, it will amount to 400,000 naira plus and when you fails to recharge/pay, it will be taken away from you. Because its still their property until after 5year oh.hy you should ALWAYS buy free to use Sp1230w solar lighting kit/generator WHY you should NEVER buy mtn 419 yellow box that you pays over 400k to use. Sun is a free gift from God....don't get scammed by wicked ones, because of your ignorance of how solar system works oh.

This sp1230w free to use solar generator has the same battery capacity and more functions than that mtn yellow box. If you buy it, you will not be paying 4,500 naira every month for five whole years to use it. Because its free and doesn't require daily payment to use unlike mtn yellow box that mtn is using to scam the ignorance ones. They have a wicked policy which they are hiding from the buyers. If you don't pay or use it for one month, they will seize it from you. If you try to bypass their security to use use it for free, they will get you arrested according to their policy. If you calculate how much they will steal from you for that 5years, it will amount to 400,000 naira plus and when you fails to recharge/pay, it will be taken away from you. Because its still their property until after 5year oh.

1 Like

Re: A Sincere Review Of Mtn Lumos Solar Electricity by bobkezel(m): 8:43pm On Nov 15, 2018
MASTERM:
WHY you should ALWAYS buy Sp1230w/any free to use solar lighting kit/generator and WHY you should NEVER buy mtn 419 yellow box that you pays over 400k to use. Sun is a free gift from God....don't get scammed by wicked ones, because of your ignorance of how solar system works oh.

This sp1230w is a free to use solar lighting kit/ generator. It has the same battery capacity and more functions than that mtn yellow box. If you buy it, you will not be paying 4,500 naira every month for five whole years to use it. Because its free and doesn't require daily payment to use unlike mtn yellow box that mtn is using to scam the ignorance ones. They have a wicked policy which they are hiding from the buyers. If you don't pay or use it for one month, they will seize it from you. If you try to bypass their security to use use it for free, they will get you arrested according to their policy. If you calculate how much they will steal from you for that 5years, it will amount to 400,000 naira plus and when you fails to recharge/pay, it will be taken away from you. Because its still their property until after 5year oh.hy you should ALWAYS buy free to use Sp1230w solar lighting kit/generator WHY you should NEVER buy mtn 419 yellow box that you pays over 400k to use. Sun is a free gift from God....don't get scammed by wicked ones, because of your ignorance of how solar system works oh.

This sp1230w free to use solar generator has the same battery capacity and more functions than that mtn yellow box. If you buy it, you will not be paying 4,500 naira every month for five whole years to use it. Because its free and doesn't require daily payment to use unlike mtn yellow box that mtn is using to scam the ignorance ones. They have a wicked policy which they are hiding from the buyers. If you don't pay or use it for one month, they will seize it from you. If you try to bypass their security to use use it for free, they will get you arrested according to their policy. If you calculate how much they will steal from you for that 5years, it will amount to 400,000 naira plus and when you fails to recharge/pay, it will be taken away from you. Because its still their property until after 5year oh.
Can you throw more light on this?
I am interested.
Re: A Sincere Review Of Mtn Lumos Solar Electricity by deic9(m): 5:38pm On Nov 20, 2018
MASTERM:

You condemned one, but advertised yours without complete information.
How do you expect people to understand your grammer?

2 Likes

Re: A Sincere Review Of Mtn Lumos Solar Electricity by buyryte: 8:32pm On Dec 23, 2018
Just think about it for a moment, which one is better...�

� Paying PHCN for light for 30 days and getting light for only 13 days or even less, in a month,� together with cost of fueling and maintenance of your generator ☹

Or

� Joining SECODI and getting 24/7 FREE steady light all through the month (no monthly payment) + cash reward and other incentives? ���

JOIN SECODI TODAY! Whatsapp 08186001619

Re: A Sincere Review Of Mtn Lumos Solar Electricity by val15: 5:00pm On Mar 15, 2019
Ok
Re: A Sincere Review Of Mtn Lumos Solar Electricity by busayo2uk: 9:28pm On Mar 20, 2019
Everything noted by this writer is correct. i now have first hand experience.

error4040:

And why did you not mention this

1. You must pay for a minimum of 20 days in a
month or it will be taken away from you.
2. If you use it even for just one hour in a day,
you pay the full daily price.
3. It will cost you about N3,000 per month for
very limited power.
Now 4500

4. It is low capacity. With small sized TV, it will
run out in not more than 2-3 hours in the night,
may be better during the day. On days when it
rains and heavy cloud with little sunshine, you will
have no light, especially if you exhausted it the
previous night.
5. You will only stop paying after 5 years and by
then, the battery will probably be dead.
Paying outright it would cost N402,000.
If paying over 2 years it would be N447,000 over
the 2 year period.

6. This is just mindless money-making by MTN
and Lumos and I suspect that it will fail for lack of
patronage they may be force to increase their Price later on.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Sincere Review Of Mtn Lumos Solar Electricity by HumphreyBold(m): 7:37am On Apr 09, 2019
Can some explain why does the mtn lumo need subscription, I still don’t get it ?
Re: A Sincere Review Of Mtn Lumos Solar Electricity by Nobody: 12:49pm On May 08, 2019
20k is down payment acquire the gadget. I think this stuff is for people that don't have cash to buy a solar system outright. The only downside of this mtn whatever that made me to forget about it is that you can't use your own power (NEPA or Generator[i][/i]) source to charge it. cool
Re: A Sincere Review Of Mtn Lumos Solar Electricity by NotBeenPaid: 8:34pm On Jul 29, 2019
donpata:

Please pardone my ignorance, Do most inverters have inbuilt batteries please?.

Re: A Sincere Review Of Mtn Lumos Solar Electricity by donpata(m): 3:57am On Jul 30, 2019
NotBeenPaid:

Please pardone my ignorance, Do most inverters have inbuilt batteries please?.

Nope! Inverters don't come with built-in batteries. Batteries are expensive. Infact, they are at the core of any inverter system. By the way, That inverter u posted comes with a built-in battery CHARGER and not battery itself.
Re: A Sincere Review Of Mtn Lumos Solar Electricity by NotBeenPaid: 7:30am On Jul 30, 2019
donpata:

Nope! Inverters don't come with built-in batteries. Batteries are expensive. Infact, they are at the core of any inverter system. By the way, That inverter u posted comes with a built-in battery CHARGER and not battery itself.

Thank you so much.

I intend getting the inverter on the screenshot with x2 18ah batteries just for my laptop and phones.

And would I be needing anything else apart from 1kwatts inverter + x2 18ah batteries for the setup please? Charge controller isn't necessary right?

I don't need solar panel for now though.

Re: A Sincere Review Of Mtn Lumos Solar Electricity by solasola(m): 10:21am On Sep 19, 2019
So far, the basic truth that stands out is that many nigerians need power but want to get it as cheap as possible. That's not an easy task either.
For over Eight months now, I have have lived absolutely on DC lightening 24Hrs, can effectively charge my phones 24Hrs, 12hrs usage of a dc fan and run other moderately powered appliances for 3-4Hrs a day and the system still works. All for not more than 100k.
To achieve this, just think more on DC power usage and high power management especially if you are off-grid like me. Those around you would never understand how come but its simple science.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Circuit Diagram Of A Simple Inverter, Do It Urself / SHOP ON EBAY & OTHER US ONLINE STORES - Doorstep Delivery In Nigeria / Macbook Original Chargers For Sale in Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.