Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,881 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:24 AM

A Sincere Review Of Mtn Lumos Solar Electricity - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / A Sincere Review Of Mtn Lumos Solar Electricity (70352 Views)

Please Don’t Buy The MTN Lumos Solar System Until You Read My Review / A BETTER ALTERNATIVE TO MTN LUMOS.NO SUBSCRIPTION PAYMENT / Please Help, I Want To Buy Mtn Lumos Solar Power(pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Sincere Review Of Mtn Lumos Solar Electricity by pobeaf(m): 10:33am On Dec 22, 2017
Being a user of MTN Lumos Solar, I can give you a sincere review of everything you need to know about MTN Lumos Solar: How it works (The Prons and The Cons)

I will say few things here, but those interested and wanting to know more can contact me on Watzap/call 08034794904 for free information and assistance please.

The Prons/Advantages
- Imagine peaceful experience of 24 hours light in your house everyday
- The package comes with 2 phone charger cords (1 android and 1 pin mouth). Charging of phones becomes easy any time
- Charging of Laptop becomes easy. Imagine the relieve it brings if you are into Internet business, you like watching season films, downloading and playing games on laptop and phones.
- It can power all 12volts electronics, all decoders (DSTV, GoTV, Startimes etc),12v LED TV or any LED TV not up to 32 inches. Am using it to watch my own TV plus DSTV decoder.
- It can power your clipper for barbing your hair
- Most importantly, doing my children's assignments, preparing my work at night and cooking in the kitchen have become so easy because my house is well lighted all day.
- If you are in an area with epileptic power supply, PHCN poles far from you house or you haven't done wiring, MTN Lumos Solar power is perfect for you; just go for it.
- For those who are very much concerned about 4,500 monthly subscription, here is a good news. Change your plan to better talk, load #4,500, you will be given extra bonus of 250% which is #11,250. Subscribe with the original 4,500 and continue to enjoy your #11,250 bonus...isn't that great?
To migrate to better talk plan, Send BT as a text message to 131
Or dial * 123*2*1*#
- All these for N150 per day grin

The Cons/Disadvantages
- It's not free, N150 per day (if you can't afford it, MTN Lumos Solar is not for you)
- It cannot power the following appliances: Desktop Computer, Freezer, Old type TV, Pressing Iron, Water heater, A/C, pumping machine and other power consuming equipment
-it can only be charged with sun, for people living where sun does not shine daily, it won't charge up to 100%

To acquire it, you can visit any MTN office closer to you

PRESENT PRICE IS

15,500 - Package
4,500 - 1st Month subscription

Terms&Conditions
- After paying for 5 years, it becomes unlocked for your free use without further payments
- MTN Lumos will be responsible for the (repair and replacement) within the 5 years, just call the customer care line which is toll free.

NEED MORE DETAILS, pictures of the one am using and appliances it could power, call or get me on Watzap 08034794904

I will only answer your questions and enlighten you without asking for a dime.

MTN Lumos Solar has given me peace of mind with no noise at all grin

For those who are very much concerned about 4,500 monthly subscription, here is a good news. Change your plan to better talk, load #4,500, you will be given extra bonus of 250% which is #11,250. Subscribe with the original 4,500 and continue to enjoy your #11,250 bonus...isn't that great?
To migrate to better talk plan, Send BT as a text message to 131
Or dial * 123*2*1*#

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Sincere Review Of Mtn Lumos Solar Electricity by vertueptime: 11:13am On Dec 22, 2017
Its a rubbish device, i once worked for mtn and i can authoritatively say dnt fall for this device. Its not worth it, simply buy ur inverter no matter how small it is, even a good ups is better than this trash

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Sincere Review Of Mtn Lumos Solar Electricity by pobeaf(m): 8:39pm On Dec 22, 2017
vertueptime:
Its a rubbish device, i once worked for mtn and i can authoritatively say dnt fall for this device. Its not worth it, simply buy ur inverter no matter how small it is, even a good ups is better than this trash

Bro take it easy now, you once worked with MTN and I don't have any problem with that...and that does not even make you to know more about it than the person that is actually using it.
Mind you, it's an exaggeration to compare mtn Lumos with UPS, can you charge your UPS with sun? Can your inverter work without any power source, be it generator or PHCN?
I am a user of MTN Lumos solar and I have said so many things about it. Is there any thing you want to fault in what I've said?
I am using the device and am enjoying every bit of it
150 per day for 24 hours electricity is OK for me and my family
It is best for those who don't have frequent electricity supply, people living in rural settings or new sites
Anybody that wants to know more about it can contact me on watzap 08034794904

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Sincere Review Of Mtn Lumos Solar Electricity by vertueptime: 4:10am On Dec 23, 2017
pobeaf:

Bro take it easy now, you once worked with MTN and I don't have any problem with that...and that does not even make you to know more about it than the person that is actually using it.
Mind you, it's an exaggeration to compare mtn Lumos with UPS, can you charge your UPS with sun? Can your inverter work without any power source, be it generator or PHCN?
I am a user of MTN Lumos solar and I have said so many things about it. Is there any thing you want to fault in what I've said?
I am using the device and am enjoying every bit of it
150 per day for 24 hours electricity is OK for me and my family
It is best for those who don't have frequent electricity supply, people living in rural settings or new sites
Anybody that wants to know more about it can contact me on watzap 08034794904

Well man must chop, even in the dark, make i no spoil ur biz, iv had access to its backend application which is more info than any normal user may have. The concept is good but let me stop there.. all the best in ur biz

10 Likes

Re: A Sincere Review Of Mtn Lumos Solar Electricity by pobeaf(m): 8:39am On Dec 23, 2017
vertueptime:

Well man must chop, even in the dark, make i no spoil ur biz, iv had access to its backend application which is more info than any normal user may have. The concept is good but let me stop there.. all the best in ur biz

I was expecting you to make valid points so that people who are following this thread could make an informed decision but you couldn't do that.
All you've said simply shows that you have personal grudge with MTN.

I use it to barb my hair, it charges my laptop, my phones and other devices any time, it lights my house 24 hours and I also use it watch my 26" Lg LED TV all of these for just for 150 naira per day and you are telling me it's not good with no valid points.
Bro am using it and am enjoying it well and if it stops working tomorrow I stop paying, is there any big deal in that?
Erratic power supply in my area isn't giving me headache any more

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Sincere Review Of Mtn Lumos Solar Electricity by d33types: 8:57am On Dec 23, 2017
We do not read terms and conditions ,and that's why somebody will jump into buying this rubbish device which is restricted by daily or monthly subscription.

Imagine 4500 every month for 5 years that is 270,000 minus initial costs. It's not worth it, in my opinion.

There are lots of devices which are more reliable and cheaper with that cost.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Sincere Review Of Mtn Lumos Solar Electricity by vertueptime: 9:26am On Dec 23, 2017
pobeaf:

I was expecting you to make valid points so that people who are following this thread could make an informed decision but you couldn't do that.
All you've said simply shows that you have personal grudge with MTN.

I use it to barb my hair, it charges my laptop, my phones and other devices any time, it lights my house 24 hours and I also use it watch my 26" Lg LED TV all of these for just for 150 naira per day and you are telling me it's not good with no valid points.
Bro am using it and am enjoying it well and if it stops working tomorrow I stop paying, is there any big deal in that?
Erratic power supply in my area isn't giving me headache any more

Ok since uv made it personal,i hv noting against mtn personally, all im saying is that its a good concept but a terrible product. Its a simple inverter like it or not, u can do more with a simple inverter with 1 solar panel. Its still rubbish and i dnt recommend it to any body, readers its penny wise pound foolish dont buy

8 Likes

Re: A Sincere Review Of Mtn Lumos Solar Electricity by error4040: 12:13pm On Dec 23, 2017
@Op what i dont understand is payment of N150 daily when the device uses Sun and solar panel Abi Mtn now own The Sun ?.
Why not buy solar Panel instead youre busy shouting its just for N150 daily that those who cant Afford to pay N150 the device is not ment for Them, To me thats pure Bullshit! Why ?
Well why dont they give the device for free? but instead they sale the device and still charge you for Using it. or please kindly
do the Math N150 X 30 = N4500

NB: A penny wise Nigerian should boycott this Capitalist company and it device for They are not planning to help but to milk average nigerians

20 Likes

Re: A Sincere Review Of Mtn Lumos Solar Electricity by pobeaf(m): 2:28pm On Dec 23, 2017
error4040:
@Op what i dont understand is paying of N150 daily when the device uses Sun and solar panel, Abi Mtn now own The Sun ?.
Why not buy solar Panel instead youre busy shouting its just for N150 daily that those who cant Afford to pay N150 the device is not ment for Them, To me thats pure Bullshit! Why ?
Well why dont they give the device for free? but instead they sale the device and still charge you for Using it. or please kindly

NB: A penny wise Nigerian should boycott this Capitalist company and it device for They are not planning to help but to milk average nigerians

Free as the sun is can you generate electricity from it with nothing? I know how much inverter, solar battery, solar panel and installation cost. So also I know that I will be responsible for its repair unlike MTN Lumos that would be repaired or replaced by MTN for the next 5 years if the need arises.
I recharge my line 4,500 monthly to subscribe the light and receive 11,250 promo on better talk which I use to call all networks...so it pays me
Mtn Lumos is not for everybody, it's for those who don't have regular supply of electricity or those who don't have light at all.
Since morning I've been using my laptop with no disturbing noise of generator or having to think of where to get petrol.

16 Likes

Re: A Sincere Review Of Mtn Lumos Solar Electricity by pobeaf(m): 2:39pm On Dec 23, 2017
Just imagine the children watching their cartoons with ease.
If you are reading this thread and wants to ask further questions, you can contact me on watzap 08034794904
I will only guide you, am not going to ask you for a dime

4 Likes

Re: A Sincere Review Of Mtn Lumos Solar Electricity by error4040: 4:24pm On Dec 23, 2017
pobeaf:

Free as the sun is can you generate electricity from it with nothing? I know how much inverter, solar battery, solar panel and installation cost. So also I know that I will be responsible for its repair unlike MTN Lumos that would be repaired or replaced by MTN for the next 5 years if the need arises.
I recharge my line 4,500 monthly to subscribe the light and receive 11,250 promo on better talk which I use to call all networks...so it pays me
Mtn Lumos is not for everybody, it's for those who don't have regular supply of electricity or those who don't have light at all.
Since morning I've been using my laptop with no disturbing noise of generator or having to think of where to get petrol.

And why did you not mention this

1. You must pay for a minimum of 20 days in a
month or it will be taken away from you.
2. If you use it even for just one hour in a day you pay the full daily price.
3. It will cost you about N3,000 per month for
very limited power.
Now 4500

4. It is low capacity. With small sized TV it will
run out in not more than 2-3 hours in the night
may be better during the day. On days when it
rains and heavy cloud with little sunshine you will
have no light especially if you exhausted it the
previous night.
5. You will only stop paying after 5 years and by
then, the battery will probably be dead.
Paying outright it would cost N402,000.
If paying over 2 years it would be N447,000 over
the 2 year period.

6. This is just mindless money-making by MTN
and Lumos and I suspect that it will fail for lack of
patronage they may be force to increase their Price later on.

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Sincere Review Of Mtn Lumos Solar Electricity by loadedvibes: 4:52pm On Dec 23, 2017
How is this a sincere review.. You literally just praised the system. Patsy

9 Likes

Re: A Sincere Review Of Mtn Lumos Solar Electricity by pobeaf(m): 5:38pm On Dec 23, 2017
post=63545969:
How is this a sincere review.. You literally just praised the system. Patsy

It's a sincere review from my own experience, I mentioned the pros and cons, that's where the sincerity comes. Is there anything I said that you want to fault?
"I literarily praised the system" Yes I did, because that has being my experience.
If you have any question, pls ask...if not, thank you for reading the post

6 Likes

Re: A Sincere Review Of Mtn Lumos Solar Electricity by pointstores(m): 5:39pm On Dec 23, 2017
I will design like mtn lumor for u for 60,000 no monthly subscription

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Sincere Review Of Mtn Lumos Solar Electricity by pobeaf(m): 5:59pm On Dec 23, 2017
error4040:

And why did you not mention this

1. You must pay for a minimum of 20 days in a
month or it will be taken away from you.
2. If you use it even for just one hour in a day,
you pay the full daily price.
3. It will cost you about N3,000 per month for
very limited power.
Now 4500

4. It is low capacity. With small sized TV, it will
run out in not more than 2-3 hours in the night,
may be better during the day. On days when it
rains and heavy cloud with little sunshine, you will
have no light, especially if you exhausted it the
previous night.
5. You will only stop paying after 5 years and by
then, the battery will probably be dead.
Paying outright it would cost N402,000.
If paying over 2 years it would be N447,000 over
the 2 year period.

6. This is just mindless money-making by MTN
and Lumos and I suspect that it will fail for lack
patronage they may be force to increase their Price later on

All what you mentioned in 1, 2, & 3 has to do with payment which I have earlier discussed before, so I don't care so long I pay 4,500 and I receive a bonus of 11,250 to call all networks. And if you don't pay they won't take it away as you've mentioned in your first point, they will only call to encourage you to pay like dstv...that's all
As regards your point 4...You can always maximize the use, it's not compulsory you exhaust the battery with heavy gadget whenever there is no enough sunlight to recharge the system
As regards your point 5...your arithmetic is wrong. Subscriber will pay 270,000 in 5 years if he is paying 4,500 per month. Pls recalculate
You aren't making any valid point in 6 since the subscriber can discontinue at any point in time

5 Likes

Re: A Sincere Review Of Mtn Lumos Solar Electricity by error4040: 7:44pm On Dec 23, 2017
pobeaf:

All what you mentioned in 1, 2, & 3 has to do with payment which I have earlier discussed before, so I don't care so long I pay 4,500 and I receive a bonus of 11,250 to call all networks. And if you don't pay they won't take it away as you've mentioned in your first point, they will only call to encourage you to pay like dstv...that's all
As regards your point 4...You can always maximize the use, it's not compulsory you exhaust the battery with heavy gadget whenever there is no enough sunlight to recharge the system
As regards your point 5...your arithmetic is wrong. Subscriber will pay 270,000 in 5 years if he is paying 4,500 per month. Pls recalculate
You aren't making any valid point in 6 since the subscriber can discontinue at any point in time
Ok! best of luck sir and do have a nice weekend
Re: A Sincere Review Of Mtn Lumos Solar Electricity by Wizyoung(m): 7:56pm On Dec 23, 2017
To every system, there is always a short term payoff or a long term payoff or it could be both. The mtn lumos like any other solar power system isnt exceptional. Considering the fact that you only had to pay a sub 20k + continuos #150/day for startup cost, one can say that the Lumos unlike any other custom system has a short term payoff with respect to cost. Like 'pointstores' has rightly said, there are custom built systems that cost a lot more cheaper than the overall lumos cost. However, not many Nigerians can afford the one time cost of those systems. To some nigerians, an initial 19500 plus a daily 150naira payment seems affordable compared to a one time payment of say, 60k. I believe the lumos system from mtn is a great initiative for 'some targeted nigerians'. Nigerians who perhaps find it exhorbitant paying for a custom system without realising that the lumos has little to no longterm payoff in terms of overall cost. In addition to startup cost, maintenance cost such as repair and/or replacement of components is another point which the lumos scores over custom systems. With Lumos, you dont have to spend a dime for repair and maintenance (that is mtn's responsibility also note T& C apply)whereas this same burden is on the user in the case of custom system.

In a summary, MTN Lumos is expensive but seems cheap at first while custom systems with similar specifications and capacity seems expensive at first but a lot more cheaper than the Lumos.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Sincere Review Of Mtn Lumos Solar Electricity by tunax5loon(m): 8:57pm On Dec 23, 2017
pobeaf:

It's a sincere review from my own experience, I mentioned the pros and cons, that's where the sincerity comes. Is there anything I said that you want to fault?
"I literarily praised the system" Yes I did, because that has being my experience.
If you have any question, pls ask...if not, thank you for reading the post

You re just a marketer not an end user reviewer.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Sincere Review Of Mtn Lumos Solar Electricity by pobeaf(m): 10:27pm On Dec 23, 2017
Thank you all for reading this thread

1 Like

Re: A Sincere Review Of Mtn Lumos Solar Electricity by pobeaf(m): 9:47pm On Dec 24, 2017
pointstores:
I will design like mtn lumor for u for 60,000 no monthly subscription

This is also a nice idea
Re: A Sincere Review Of Mtn Lumos Solar Electricity by surrogatesng: 9:56pm On Dec 24, 2017
1KVA 1000 WATT SOLAR SYSTEM + 1 FREE SOLAR FAN + 5 LIGHTING POINT

This 1kva (1000 watt)solar system is very economical,durable
and energy efficient.The lighting points are DC 12V low energy
and connected directly to the battery which gives better
performance and longer runtime.It comes with 1 solar standing
fan which consumes very low energy( just 10 watt) but blows
like a turnado.The fan can work 24hrs directly with
nepa,battery and imverter which makes them all weather.This is
truely an efficient solar system.It comes with a 100ah
battery and 150 watt mono crystaline solar panel (mono
crystaline panels are known to perform better than
polyscrystaline panels).It also comes with a 1000 watt
inverter which can be used to charge laptops and also to watch
tv.Our engineer will install it and ensure that the lighting
points are at the designated areas you want them to be in your
home or shop.Also an AC socket will be installed in your room
just incase you prefer watching tv or working on your laptop
in your room.What else do you need to make life comfortable?
Contact us today to get yours.

Price is 135,000 Naira only.
To order call 07067866986,07068410532 or click below to chat on whatsapp

https:///2347067866986
https:///2347068410532
www.nairaland.com/attachments/12002233_banner_jpeg527240edf39824fd5c835e23afd541ae
www.nairaland.com/attachments/12002148_1000watt_jpegad3619f5e4b8b8644a95d6b610a6dc75
www.nairaland.com/attachments/10225923_img201909051844053_jpeg7b42125045ccbd6f597eea57e521a75b

Clicl below to chat with us on whatsapp
https:///2347067866986
https:///2347068410532

TO ORDER
JOYFUL ECHOES AND SYSTEMS
61 Isolo road (Gobi Plaza)
Ile-iwe b/stop Egbe-Ikotun
Lagos,Nigeria
Mobile/Whatsapp: 07067866986,07068410532
Re: A Sincere Review Of Mtn Lumos Solar Electricity by adrusa: 11:02pm On Dec 24, 2017
Like others have said, this is just marketing disguised as a review. I bet this thing will not give you 24 hours light. If OP wants to be sincere, use your TV, a decoder and a fan on the Lumous after 5pm and tell us how long it takes for the Lumous to switch off. Let us know if it lasts for 3 hours.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Sincere Review Of Mtn Lumos Solar Electricity by pobeaf(m): 12:46pm On Dec 25, 2017
adrusa:
Like others have said, this is just marketing disguised as a review. I bet this thing will not give you 24 hours light. If OP wants to be sincere, use your TV, a decoder and a fan on the Lumous after 5pm and tell us how long it takes for the Lumous to switch off. Let us know if it lasts for 3 hours.

When there is good sunlight you can use all you've mentioned but at night you have to use it based on the battery level. I never said am using it for 24 hours because I don't stay at home for 24 hours. All am saying is that it pays me for 150 naira per day because I use it for the most important things to me.
With 150 naira per day, I get value for my money

1 Like

Re: A Sincere Review Of Mtn Lumos Solar Electricity by Buffalo2(m): 9:17pm On Dec 29, 2017
error4040:
@Op what i dont understand is paying of N150 daily when the device uses Sun and solar panel, Abi Mtn now own The Sun ?.

Re: A Sincere Review Of Mtn Lumos Solar Electricity by Buffalo2(m): 9:18pm On Dec 29, 2017
error4040:

Abi OP no go school ni

1 Like

Re: A Sincere Review Of Mtn Lumos Solar Electricity by error4040: 9:39pm On Dec 29, 2017
Buffalo2:
Abi OP no go school ni
Its like the Guy is an MTN agent or Marketer

6 Likes

Re: A Sincere Review Of Mtn Lumos Solar Electricity by olagamalin(m): 10:02pm On Dec 29, 2017
d33types:
We do not read terms and conditions ,and that's why somebody will jump into buying this rubbish device which is restricted by daily or monthly subscription.

Imagine 4500 every month for 5 years that is 270,000 minus initial costs. It's not worth it, in my opinion.

There are lots of devices which are more reliable and cheaper with that cost.

Kindly cite other better alternatives Boss. Im trying to weigh my options

2 Likes

Re: A Sincere Review Of Mtn Lumos Solar Electricity by d33types: 11:08pm On Dec 29, 2017
olagamalin:

Kindly cite other better alternatives Boss. Im trying to weigh my options

Check for luminous batteries and inverter plus other solar panels on jumia to get an estimate.
Re: A Sincere Review Of Mtn Lumos Solar Electricity by Buffalo2(m): 12:38pm On Dec 30, 2017
error4040:
Its like the Guy is an MTN agent or Marketer
Na so
Re: A Sincere Review Of Mtn Lumos Solar Electricity by pobeaf(m): 2:10pm On Dec 30, 2017
Buffalo2:
Abi OP no go school ni
What you say is a reflection of who you are
Re: A Sincere Review Of Mtn Lumos Solar Electricity by Buffalo2(m): 7:51am On Dec 31, 2017
pobeaf:

What you say is a reflection of who you are
Oga, why u carry ds thing for head like afro dey reply every body nah. Must everybody use what you dey use for ya village? The illegal devise wey no fit power 32 inches lcd/plasma na im make I put for house abi? Walahi tiger generator better pass am.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Sincere Review Of Mtn Lumos Solar Electricity by laivwire(m): 3:23pm On Dec 31, 2017
This is not an entirely sincere review OP. It is more of a biased, bigoted review

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Circuit Diagram Of A Simple Inverter, Do It Urself / SHOP ON EBAY & OTHER US ONLINE STORES - Doorstep Delivery In Nigeria / Macbook Original Chargers For Sale in Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.