Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,182 members, 7,807,589 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:52 PM

Not Been Paid For 22 Months Now; Expert Advice Needed - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Not Been Paid For 22 Months Now; Expert Advice Needed (25383 Views)

Working In A Hotel For 6 Months Now: My Experience. / Federal Government Workers, Have You Been Paid Your Salary For This Month? / Civil Servants; Have You Been Paid Your September Salary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Not Been Paid For 22 Months Now; Expert Advice Needed by NotBeenPaid: 2:15pm On Dec 22, 2017
Hello Nairalanders,

Please I need your expert advice;
I have been working with a government organization for over six(6) years now as an ad-hoc staff; meaning that the government pays indirectly pays me through funds(IMPREST) released to my office to enable them carryout the activities/duties of the government.

I stopped getting paid since this present government took over because they stopped releasing imprest. My last salary was paid in February, 2016 and up until now I have not received salary; stopped schooling because I couldn't pay my fees anymore and alot more.

Please what steps should I take to get my full salary?

Which agency or organization should I involve?

Because the last strike action that was organized by NLC some months ago never yielded any positive outcome.

I really need your expert advice on this issue please.

Thanks

Nairalanders please help a friend. Thanks

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Not Been Paid For 22 Months Now; Expert Advice Needed by Aniwhyte(m): 3:48pm On Dec 22, 2017
Sorry bro, this was exactly what my dad passed through before he died of bp, ur own is even better, same thing am passing through now, since mid 2015 till date me that used have different calls every now and then, with the handwork i learnt, but not anymore, all my customers have started complaining that there is no money, i remember very well that there was a time last year that i used to eat 50 akpu every day for more than 4 months it's sold for three #50 i will eat one in the morning, one in the afternoon, and one in the evening without any single soup, just so i will not die of hunger, sometimes if i managed to have 80# i will buy bread and makes sure i eat it 3 times in a day, i could also remember that i was doing almost free work, just so i could eat, all my problems started mid last year when i stopped having calls for work i learnt, but i thank God that this year is a little better than last year am fine now. although i voted this govt, and i cried so much tears of joy the day Buhari was announced winner, although i regret everything now, but there are some evil beings who still wants this man to continue ruling and causing havoc on nigerians.

Before Buhari came to power:

I was buying a bag of rice N7,500 but later N23,000. Now N16,000. They said its for my own good, that local farmers are now very rich!
I was buying a bag of Semo N1,550 but later N3400. They said it is just to ensure food sufficiency!

I was buying fuel at N87 per liter, but later N145. Now currently selling from N280-400 They said it is just a temporal hardship for the nation to move on!

I was paying 1,000 NEPA Bill, but later N5,000, they said it is to ensure steady electricity!

I was buying a pack of sugar at N250 but now N500. They said I should thank God for this government!

Sanusi raised alarm about missing $20 billion during GEJ administration, later reduced it to $10 billion, the nation was agog. Under Buhari Kachukwu raised alarm of misappropriation of $26 billion, no reduction but he was asked to go and reconcile with Baru and story ends!
Naira was 178 to $1 under GEJ administration ,but under Buhari administration it went up to N500 to $1 and now exchanging for over N306 to $1 and we are told the economy is the focus of this government!
HoS raised alarm that my president was aware of Maina's return but choses to be quiet, no denial, yet, no reason was given to Nigerians for that!

We used to have presidential media chat in which d president keeps citizens abreast with what's happening, we only had it once under this administration and no reason is given for the alienation of the citizens!

Almost 3 years gone, no single project has been commissioned under a government that has the highest history of budget in Nigeria!

I can go on and on...but, my challenge is that, people keep saying that PMB is the best thing that ever happened to Nigeria, even when this is not his first time in government. I am yet to be convinced." APC AND BUHARI NA SCAM.

343 Likes 46 Shares

Re: Not Been Paid For 22 Months Now; Expert Advice Needed by Annnonymous: 3:48pm On Dec 22, 2017
Odianose13:

Salvage! grin grin

You wicked sha

Its Savage

10 Likes

Re: Not Been Paid For 22 Months Now; Expert Advice Needed by Odianose13(m): 3:48pm On Dec 22, 2017
What were u doing all these while.... for about 2 years. Scared of applying for other jobs? 22 months is much bro.

Do u guys have a supervisor? Talk to him about it and the way forward. I'm sure he has a whole lot of knowledge to go about it. I'm sure you have other colleagues suffering the same fate as u did/doing. Do this before the year runs out. Don't start the new year in dt position bro. Resign and do two things:
1. Apply for jobs/get little jobs to do while applying for comfy jobs.
2. Look for other ways to get paid by your present coy.

In all, leave ur present employment quickly. I was once in such situation. When I took a decision, I thought at first that I couldn't move on. But Alas! I was wrong. I moved on greatly.

Leave bro!

17 Likes

Re: Not Been Paid For 22 Months Now; Expert Advice Needed by monaPhilz: 3:48pm On Dec 22, 2017
embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Not Been Paid For 22 Months Now; Expert Advice Needed by littlewonders: 3:49pm On Dec 22, 2017
I feel your pain op, it is so unfortunate even the cry of commoners are not really heard in this country. Protest still yielded no fruit. I hope you find your quest here, Cos' hundreds are also going through this.

1 Like

Re: Not Been Paid For 22 Months Now; Expert Advice Needed by UD101(m): 3:49pm On Dec 22, 2017
There was a country

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Not Been Paid For 22 Months Now; Expert Advice Needed by alphaconde(m): 3:49pm On Dec 22, 2017
before i help u, answer the below question.

during the 2015 election who did u vote for?

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Not Been Paid For 22 Months Now; Expert Advice Needed by pocohantas(f): 3:49pm On Dec 22, 2017
Wristbangle, did you support Buhari?
If yes, come and do something.

3 Likes

Re: Not Been Paid For 22 Months Now; Expert Advice Needed by Flexherbal(m): 3:49pm On Dec 22, 2017
Too bad !

Government matter get as e dey be.
Re: Not Been Paid For 22 Months Now; Expert Advice Needed by tstx(m): 3:50pm On Dec 22, 2017
Open shop

1 Like

Re: Not Been Paid For 22 Months Now; Expert Advice Needed by oshe111(m): 3:50pm On Dec 22, 2017
22months n U were still working

How did U cope

IS YOUR SALARY 5MILLION

9 Likes

Re: Not Been Paid For 22 Months Now; Expert Advice Needed by ottohan: 3:51pm On Dec 22, 2017
Ohhhh..
u stopped receiving payments since the presennt (Buhari) government took over

No vex thats the change people voted for..

next election try and convince ur people to vote APC out of power

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Not Been Paid For 22 Months Now; Expert Advice Needed by olaludea: 3:51pm On Dec 22, 2017
After 22 months? How do you survive?
Re: Not Been Paid For 22 Months Now; Expert Advice Needed by akekelegboghodo: 3:51pm On Dec 22, 2017
Walk away and move on. Abi no be "adhoc" you call am?
Re: Not Been Paid For 22 Months Now; Expert Advice Needed by KingMicky3286: 3:51pm On Dec 22, 2017
NotBeenPaid:
Hello Nairalanders,

I have been working with a government organization for over six(6) years now as an ad-hoc staff; meaning that the government pays indirectly pays me through funds(IMPREST) released to my office to enable them carryout the activities/duties of the government.

I stopped getting paid since this present government took over because they stopped releasing imprest. My last salary was paid in February, 2016 and up until now I have not received salary; stopped schooling because I couldn't pay my fees anymore and alot more.

Because the last strike action that was organized by NLC some months ago never yielded any positive outcome.

Thanks

Your Friend is a mumu for working without pay. Is he a father christmas or Rotimi Amechi that does not like money?

10 Likes

Re: Not Been Paid For 22 Months Now; Expert Advice Needed by Odianose13(m): 3:51pm On Dec 22, 2017
alphaconde:
before i help u, answer the below question.

during the 2015 election who did u vote for?

Savage! grin grin

You wicked sha

14 Likes

Re: Not Been Paid For 22 Months Now; Expert Advice Needed by lsmallacombe4: 3:52pm On Dec 22, 2017

1 Like

Re: Not Been Paid For 22 Months Now; Expert Advice Needed by evansjeff(m): 3:52pm On Dec 22, 2017
NotBeenPaid:
Hello Nairalanders,

I stopped getting paid since this present government took over because they stopped releasing imprest. My last salary was paid in February, 2016
and up until now I have not received salary; stopped schooling because I couldn't pay my fees anymore and alot more.

Thanks

shocked

I hate lies.

You can't be demanding for help and be lying.

Is it February 2016 that this government took over? When you should be worried about why your office stopped receiving imprest, you're here lying and wanting the general public to have the idea that this government stopped imprest to all offices when in actual fact some of us here are government workers

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Not Been Paid For 22 Months Now; Expert Advice Needed by soberdrunk(m): 3:52pm On Dec 22, 2017
22 whole months!!! Are you sure your name is still in the system? You didn't give us enough details like the agency you work for? The state?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Not Been Paid For 22 Months Now; Expert Advice Needed by Saao(m): 3:52pm On Dec 22, 2017
NotBeenPaid:
Hello Nairalanders,

Thanks

u are not a staff rather u r a hussler. my advice go and look for work.

8 Likes

Re: Not Been Paid For 22 Months Now; Expert Advice Needed by wristbangle: 3:54pm On Dec 22, 2017
pocohantas:
did you support Buhari?
If yes, come and do something.

The other day you mentioned my real name and from that moment, I think I know who you are.
Re: Not Been Paid For 22 Months Now; Expert Advice Needed by OLUWAJOBA23: 3:54pm On Dec 22, 2017
Though I never read ur post. But am not sure u are married

2 Likes

Re: Not Been Paid For 22 Months Now; Expert Advice Needed by Ushiefrank(m): 3:54pm On Dec 22, 2017
Network busy
Re: Not Been Paid For 22 Months Now; Expert Advice Needed by Jatinzbusinessc(m): 3:54pm On Dec 22, 2017
Contract staffs are not government responsibilities, from your write up you are not directly employed by the government either state or federal.

Your employer should pay you or tell you the reasons why you have not being paid.

JS. Forward your name to the commission of happiness and couple fulfilment and this matter will be resolved. grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Not Been Paid For 22 Months Now; Expert Advice Needed by moscobabs(m): 3:54pm On Dec 22, 2017
angry
Re: Not Been Paid For 22 Months Now; Expert Advice Needed by phayvoursky(m): 3:55pm On Dec 22, 2017
WHICH KIND EXPERT ADVICE YOU NEED?

WE ARE ALL EXPERIENCING THE SAME ISSUE.

IF I ADVICE YOU NOW, WHO WILL ADVICE ME?

OGA NA SO BUHARI REGIME BE O. I FOR GIVE YOU HALF BAG OF RICE TO MANAGE THIS CHRISTMAS BUT EVEN ME I NEVER SEE MONEY TO BUY MY OWN.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

He Bribed His Way And Got A Job But Got Laid Off By The New Governor / Please Help Review My CV / How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.