Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,769 members, 7,798,575 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:10 AM

Nigeria Survived Past Abuses Only By God’s Grace – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Survived Past Abuses Only By God’s Grace – Buhari (618 Views)

Breaking: Gombe Beats Kano State, As Unbelievable Crowd Grace Buhari's Rally / Soldiers Who Survived Boko Haram Attack In Borno (Pictures) / Army Report: Senior Military Officers Denied US, UK Visas Over Rights Abuses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Survived Past Abuses Only By God’s Grace – Buhari by Ebullience(m): 3:02pm On Dec 22, 2017
President Muhammadu Buhari on Friday said some of the past abuses he saw when he assumed office were unbelievable.

He said Nigeria survived such past abuses only by an act of God.

According to a statement by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Mr. Femi Adesina, the President spoke while receiving his supporters under the aegis of the Governance Support Group at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

“Some of the things I saw here were unbelievable. I still shudder and wonder how a country can survive under such abuses. It is only by an act of God that we survived,” the President told his guests.

He said his administration had ushered in a new era of accountability and responsibility by auditing and correcting the many wrongs of the past that crippled the economy and created an exclusive class.

He promised to consolidate on the reforms he had initiated for change in the country.

Buhari said the long-suffering, commitment and sacrifices of all his supporters over the years would be remembered by posterity.

He urged them to remain steadfast in pursuing the overall good of the nation.

He said he remained “eternally grateful’’ for all the personal and collective sacrifices that culminated in winning the 2015 elections, assuring them that all the efforts would never be forgotten.

“I can never forget your sacrifices and I am grateful for all. You never gave up when things were bleak, and we needed to survive. I can’t express my gratitude enough.

“In spite of the environment you found yourself, you kept believing and pushing. Some of you were really exposed to risks. My consolation is that you voluntarily threw in your lot with me.

“Some of you exposed yourself so much, and I knew it. I urge you to still stick to your principled ways of doing things and our country will be the better for it,”he said.

http://punchng.com/nigeria-survived-past-abuses-only-by-gods-grace-buhari/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Survived Past Abuses Only By God’s Grace – Buhari by captainprogress(m): 3:03pm On Dec 22, 2017
PMB has been an ardent advocate of failure, he failed in 1983 and he's failing today.

Am so surprise that people who claim to be advocate of good governance cannot sweep this incompetent and total disgrace away.

We have all seen the criticism suffered by the then ruling PDP as a result of fuel palaver, even the president and bigwigs of the political sphere condemn the situation and asked that solace be restore to the common man.

It's a pity that what we suffered when the price of fuel was N87 is now worse for an increase price of N145.

A vote cast for PMB is a vote cast for hardship. My fellow Nigerians, let us ATIKULATE come 2019.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Survived Past Abuses Only By God’s Grace – Buhari by castrokins(m): 3:04pm On Dec 22, 2017
Can This Man Just Stop Talking Nonsense Please?

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Survived Past Abuses Only By God’s Grace – Buhari by afbstrategies: 3:05pm On Dec 22, 2017
Nonsense undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Survived Past Abuses Only By God’s Grace – Buhari by Annnonymous: 3:06pm On Dec 22, 2017
Re: Nigeria Survived Past Abuses Only By God’s Grace – Buhari by Angeleena(m): 3:06pm On Dec 22, 2017
bloody bigot..even the devil doesn't want him in hell now,coz he's scared of losing his throne to buhari

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Survived Past Abuses Only By God’s Grace – Buhari by resurgentxtian4: 3:11pm On Dec 22, 2017
An islamic terror sympathizer that is actively pursuing a programme of economic emasculation and strangulation of the country's southern/christian population is offering platitudes on what he has turned the country to.

I laugh in Yoruba....

Only the gullible or muslim citizen still has hope or enjoys the current administration.
Re: Nigeria Survived Past Abuses Only By God’s Grace – Buhari by Amazondepth(m): 3:14pm On Dec 22, 2017
This old hag is not aware dat in another 4 months he would have been 3 years in office. Let him keep rambling maybe he still appeals to the fools who still worship him.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Survived Past Abuses Only By God’s Grace – Buhari by bolanto24(m): 3:25pm On Dec 22, 2017
And it is by God's grace Nigerians are surviving since your tenure began. We will survive till it elapse and send you back to your village.

Complaining government with no ideas and solutions.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Survived Past Abuses Only By God’s Grace – Buhari by Homeboiy: 3:30pm On Dec 22, 2017
mad man
Re: Nigeria Survived Past Abuses Only By God’s Grace – Buhari by SalamRushdie: 3:31pm On Dec 22, 2017
Yes Nigeria survived you past 1984 abuse by the grace of God but not without grave consequences like generational poverty, entrenched corruption , battered standard of living and increase in crimes yet today you Mr Buhari is still delivering worse performance
.May God save us from Buhari
Re: Nigeria Survived Past Abuses Only By God’s Grace – Buhari by obonujoker(m): 3:32pm On Dec 22, 2017
Foolish islamist... God will continue to punish you ni......
Re: Nigeria Survived Past Abuses Only By God’s Grace – Buhari by SalamRushdie: 3:36pm On Dec 22, 2017
bolanto24:
And it is by God's grace Nigerians are surviving since your tenure began. We will survive till it elapse and send you back to your village.

Complaining government with no ideas and solutions.

What solution do you expect from an incoherent dullard
Re: Nigeria Survived Past Abuses Only By God’s Grace – Buhari by AnodaIT(m): 3:45pm On Dec 22, 2017
The more this man talk the more I am convinced that he is totally out of touch with reality in the country
Re: Nigeria Survived Past Abuses Only By God’s Grace – Buhari by OLADD: 3:52pm On Dec 22, 2017
But the abuse suffered in the last 2 years of your bias and divise rule is incomparable to any other administration in the history of Nigeria including that of Abacha. This man has lost all his conscience.
Re: Nigeria Survived Past Abuses Only By God’s Grace – Buhari by Paperwhite(m): 4:03pm On Dec 22, 2017
And what canyou say about the unprecedented abuses of unimaginable proportion that Nigeria have seen in the past 2 years + now Useless president angry
Re: Nigeria Survived Past Abuses Only By God’s Grace – Buhari by Paperwhite(m): 4:04pm On Dec 22, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Yes Nigeria survived you past 1984 abuse by the grace of God but not without grave consequences like generational poverty, entrenched corruption , battered standard of living and increase in crimes yet today you Mr Buhari is still delivering worse performance
.May God save us from Buhari
Gbam!
Re: Nigeria Survived Past Abuses Only By God’s Grace – Buhari by Jesusloveyou: 4:11pm On Dec 22, 2017
That is very funny

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Survived Past Abuses Only By God’s Grace – Buhari by letusbepieces: 4:15pm On Dec 22, 2017
BUHARI U WILL SOON DIE, WEN U MEET GOD, TELL HIM NIGERIA.

A MENTAL CASE.
Re: Nigeria Survived Past Abuses Only By God’s Grace – Buhari by Jesusloveyou: 4:17pm On Dec 22, 2017
captainprogress:
PMB has been an ardent advocate of failure, he failed in 1983 and he's failing today.

Am so surprise that people who claim to be advocate of good governance cannot sweep this incompetent and total disgrace away.

We have all seen the criticism suffered by the then ruling PDP as a result of fuel palaver, even the president and bigwigs of the political sphere condemn the situation and asked that solace be restore to the common man.

It's a pity that what we suffered when the price of fuel was N87 is now worse for an increase price of N145.

A vote cast for PMB is a vote cast for hardship. My fellow Nigerians, let us ATIKULATE come 2019.
you want to atikulate to hell

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Survived Past Abuses Only By God’s Grace – Buhari by ivandragon: 7:02pm On Dec 22, 2017
pmb's view of a 'working society' is one where the masses are totally subservient to the 'master' & have just barely enough to survive while the master & his chosen 'saints' lord it over others...

that for pmb is a 'progressive society'...

(1) (Reply)

Not For Politics, My Rice Is Only Politically Branded - Governorship Aspirant / FG Awarded $1.1tn Contracts To Unregistered Companies – PDP / If You Become Nigeria President For A Week, What Will You Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.