Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:12 AM

All Ye “eye-servicers” By Sassynigerian - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / All Ye “eye-servicers” By Sassynigerian (4195 Views)

Great Advice And Ideas About Eye Care That Anyone Can Grasp / THE VIRGIN Eye(fantasy, Magic, Romance) / Never Look A Nigerian In The Eye (an Essay) By Badiru Kehinde (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

All Ye “eye-servicers” By Sassynigerian by MrThisandthat(m): 2:00am On Dec 23, 2017
Hello darlings,

How are you today? Where I write you from is terribly hot, I hope you’re adapting to the extreme weather condition?. I have observed that we often carry out tasks in the same way and expect the same results forgetting that good things do not come easy. We sometimes compromise our standards and pocket our home training because of the task life throws at us at the moment.

Personally, I don’t believe in pretence because all it does is to turn you into an actor and when the movie is over, you’re virtually left with little or nothing. It suppresses your inner qualities and turns you into something you are not. Pretence is an art,you slowly begin to drift and become the role you are playing. It begins to cut across every sector of your life.

In church, you try to impress all and sundry with your “pepperthem” dressing. If there’s no car to convey you to church then you’d rather stay at home because you don’t want to disappoint your “church fans”. You get up to make pledges that you can’t redeem only so your expensive dress can be admired by all. Sometimes, you suddenly make the pastor dislike true worshippers by feeding him with awful stories about them.

At work, you are everyone’s pain in the ass,constantly poking your nose in people’s business. You do “eye service ” in place of “heart service ” just so the boss will fall in love with your forced effort. Even when you’re exhausted you can’t get to stop if not the “sweet boss” will be disappointed. You won’t dare call in sick because you want to win the most hardworking staff by the end of the year. So you rather take your ailment(s) to work.

When in a relationship, you are the perfect picture of a diligent wife-to-be. He begins to plan,seeing you as the diamond in a rough. You might go on to lie about your age too. Eventually you cage him and forget to keep playing your role in the movie. Just then everything goes south.

Pretence is essentially engaging in a make-believe. It is attending to duties only when watched or supervised. When the head of your institution is coming for a routine supervision in your unit, your boss tells you to lie about the faulty computer and you succumb. What you don’t know is the truth will get the computer fixed. I fully understand that sometimes we are being forced into doing these things and indulge in it because we don’t want to loose our source of income.

Like the saying, “cut your coat according to your cloth”. Do not live above your earnings. Drop that dressing competition you have with that coworker, you might not know if he/she has various sources of income. Lead a simple life. Stop deceiving yourself in general. You can tender your resignation if that job makes you compromise with your honesty and happiness or better still don’t listen to your boss.
Do what is right, do what makes you happy,drop deceit, stop compromising!!
BE YOU.

Yours faithfully,
SassyNIGERIAN.

For Another Nigerian's Blog

Source: http://anothernigerian.com/2017/12/all-ye-eye-servicers-by-sassynigerian.html

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: All Ye “eye-servicers” By Sassynigerian by Wikinaija(m): 6:58am On Dec 24, 2017
http://wepublicisenaija.com/top-artistes-will-available-ukapisua-street-groove

All The Top Artistes That Will Be Available At The Ukapisua Street Groove
Re: All Ye “eye-servicers” By Sassynigerian by ANBAKO: 6:59am On Dec 24, 2017
Unfortunately, the Nigerian debacle can never let one be self.

God bless my people with liters of fuel IJN.

1 Like

Re: All Ye “eye-servicers” By Sassynigerian by tstx(m): 7:00am On Dec 24, 2017
Its a norm
Re: All Ye “eye-servicers” By Sassynigerian by abdeiz(m): 7:01am On Dec 24, 2017
We need to learn how to choose the important things in our lives that we give our fvcks to.

When we give out our fvcks to what everyone thinks about us, we tend to try to please them when in reality they DONT REALLY GIVE A CRAP.

So buckle up, improve your self esteem and do what you want without being caged by the thought of what others think and ensure your fvcks are scarce.

#WORD

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: All Ye “eye-servicers” By Sassynigerian by pejuakinab: 7:01am On Dec 24, 2017
Who go summarize pls
Re: All Ye “eye-servicers” By Sassynigerian by Nobody: 7:03am On Dec 24, 2017
OP, just provide fuel for me and see eyeservice disappear from my life
Re: All Ye “eye-servicers” By Sassynigerian by chuose2: 7:04am On Dec 24, 2017
if u need money simply do what others do as
Sunday Adelaja Exposes Pastor Adeboye Scripture Manipulation and brainwashing for money

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iw8vOYvFq_Y

1 Like

Re: All Ye “eye-servicers” By Sassynigerian by hopefulLandlord: 7:07am On Dec 24, 2017
OP, life entirely is one big acting stage
Re: All Ye “eye-servicers” By Sassynigerian by Pharmtj: 7:07am On Dec 24, 2017
pejuakinab:
Who go summarize pls
Are you that lazy to read?
Re: All Ye “eye-servicers” By Sassynigerian by Pharmtj: 7:08am On Dec 24, 2017
abdeiz:
We need to learn how to choose the important things in our lives that we give our fvcks to.

When we give out our fvcks to what everyone thinks about us, we tend to try to please them when in reality they DONT REALLY GIVE A CRAP.

So buckle up, improve your self esteem and do what you want without being caged by the thought of what others think and ensure your fvcks are scarce.

#WORD
lovely
Re: All Ye “eye-servicers” By Sassynigerian by GREATESTPIANIST: 7:19am On Dec 24, 2017
Nice one Sassy!!! Yaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy!! !! i made FP......... i wish you all a sweet festive period and a yummy happy new year.... .. no queue nor hike can quench our celebrations.........cheers...a special shout out to my future wife....honey hope you are good?

2 Likes

Re: All Ye “eye-servicers” By Sassynigerian by Mankitbod(m): 7:31am On Dec 24, 2017
if I hear
Re: All Ye “eye-servicers” By Sassynigerian by freeman95(m): 7:37am On Dec 24, 2017
Haha them no go kuku hear word

grin cheesy
Re: All Ye “eye-servicers” By Sassynigerian by Frankenstein90(m): 7:37am On Dec 24, 2017
Well said op. As for me We humans
all pretend to be something we aren't. I don't know how long people Can continue with it.
Re: All Ye “eye-servicers” By Sassynigerian by imustsaymymindo: 7:39am On Dec 24, 2017
Nothing bad if the "eye-service" brings more money to your account. Besides, some confuse "eye-service" with hard-work or smart-work and make that as an excuse for their lazy attitude.

1 Like

Re: All Ye “eye-servicers” By Sassynigerian by stanliwise(m): 7:55am On Dec 24, 2017
Mtchew

1 Share

Re: All Ye “eye-servicers” By Sassynigerian by Nobody: 10:02am On Dec 24, 2017
I'm impressed by this post,not some useless Instagram screenshot of a celebrity.

That you shouldn't try to be who you are not doesn't mean you don't indulge in self improvement at all.When you have a habit that's wrong,you don't say you wouldn't correct them because it'll seem like you are copying someone else's personality.

Sometimes,we can learn to imbibe some desirable traits from others,it doesn't mean we are trying to "act" or pretend to be like them .
Re: All Ye “eye-servicers” By Sassynigerian by franchuks(m): 10:11am On Dec 24, 2017
Well said
Re: All Ye “eye-servicers” By Sassynigerian by HowDareU: 11:08am On Dec 24, 2017
It is common with people who have insecurity issues
Re: All Ye “eye-servicers” By Sassynigerian by BotafogoJunior(m): 12:47pm On Dec 24, 2017
imustsaymymindo:
Nothing bad if the "eye-service" brings more money to your account. Besides, some confuse "eye-service" with hard-work or smart-work and make that as an excuse for their lazy attitude.
you sabi!!

1 Like

Re: All Ye “eye-servicers” By Sassynigerian by Nobody: 1:07pm On Dec 24, 2017
wink
Re: All Ye “eye-servicers” By Sassynigerian by kelzgie: 2:48pm On Dec 24, 2017
MrThisandthat:
Hello darlings,

How are you today? Where I write you from is terribly hot, I hope you’re adapting to the extreme weather condition?. I have observed that we often carry out tasks in the same way and expect the same results forgetting that good things do not come easy. We sometimes compromise our standards and pocket our home training because of the task life throws at us at the moment.

Personally, I don’t believe in pretence because all it does is to turn you into an actor and when the movie is over, you’re virtually left with little or nothing. It suppresses your inner qualities and turns you into something you are not. Pretence is an art,you slowly begin to drift and become the role you are playing. It begins to cut across every sector of your life.

In church, you try to impress all and sundry with your “pepperthem” dressing. If there’s no car to convey you to church then you’d rather stay at home because you don’t want to disappoint your “church fans”. You get up to make pledges that you can’t redeem only so your expensive dress can be admired by all. Sometimes, you suddenly make the pastor dislike true worshippers by feeding him with awful stories about them.

At work, you are everyone’s pain in the ass,constantly poking your nose in people’s business. You do “eye service ” in place of “heart service ” just so the boss will fall in love with your forced effort. Even when you’re exhausted you can’t get to stop if not the “sweet boss” will be disappointed. You won’t dare call in sick because you want to win the most hardworking staff by the end of the year. So you rather take your ailment(s) to work.

When in a relationship, you are the perfect picture of a diligent wife-to-be. He begins to plan,seeing you as the diamond in a rough. You might go on to lie about your age too. Eventually you cage him and forget to keep playing your role in the movie. Just then everything goes south.

Pretence is essentially engaging in a make-believe. It is attending to duties only when watched or supervised. When the head of your institution is coming for a routine supervision in your unit, your boss tells you to lie about the faulty computer and you succumb. What you don’t know is the truth will get the computer fixed. I fully understand that sometimes we are being forced into doing these things and indulge in it because we don’t want to loose our source of income.

Like the saying, “cut your coat according to your cloth”. Do not live above your earnings. Drop that dressing competition you have with that coworker, you might not know if he/she has various sources of income. Lead a simple life. Stop deceiving yourself in general. You can tender your resignation if that job makes you compromise with your honesty and happiness or better still don’t listen to your boss.
Do what is right, do what makes you happy,drop deceit, stop compromising!!
BE YOU.

Yours faithfully,
SassyNIGERIAN.

For Another Nigerian's Blog

Source: http://anothernigerian.com/2017/12/all-ye-eye-servicers-by-sassynigerian.html
Yea.. I work with this, no matter how hard you try to impress, someone still gonna come out looking better.. So just chill nd leave freely.. I do that at work.. It's been helping.. I canor be wearing different shoes everyday.. Cos I'm acting IK ogbonna..
Re: All Ye “eye-servicers” By Sassynigerian by beesyb(f): 3:21pm On Dec 24, 2017
This is so very true. If you are living a fake life, everything around you will be fake. #simplelifegang

(1) (Reply)

The Millionaire’s Daughter / Blind Date / God's Errand Girl: A Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.