Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,902 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:44 AM

Oke Aro Ogun State Project - A 4 Bedroom Duplex With Saloon - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Oke Aro Ogun State Project - A 4 Bedroom Duplex With Saloon (9462 Views)

Ogun State Project Update / 5 Bedroom Mansion (Duplex) Aba - Abia State Project / Uratta Imo State Project. Construction Of 6 Unit 2 Bedroom Flat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oke Aro Ogun State Project - A 4 Bedroom Duplex With Saloon by n3xt(m): 6:35am On Sep 25, 2020
edoman2016:

When I wrote 19 million naira will build a four bedroom duplex, I meant it.

Which year was this?

I don’t need to see the picture of the house but you can share the dimension.

Please kindly help with the rough figure of the amount spent on the following for learning purpose:

1. Foundation
2. Block Works (Ground & Upper Floor)
3. Slab (Decking)
4. Roofing Woodwork (parapet if inclusive)
5. Roofing Sheet (Aluminium, Slate or Stone-Coated)
6. Electrical Piping (if conduit)
7. Electrical Wiring
8. Plumbing
9. Ceiling (POP, asbestos or PVC)
10. Plastering
11. Windows
12. Doors
13. Burglar Proof
14. Flooring (Tiles, Carpet or concrete)
15. Balustrades (staircase & balcony railing)
16. Kitchen cabinets
17. Toilets, Shower, Wash Basin
18. Lights, Sockets and Switches
19. Septic tank/soakaway
20. Borehole/Well

Don’t bother to estimate for the following:

21. Fence (wall/plastering)
22. Gate
23. Tank Tower
24. Gate/Generator House
25. Change over/Gear switch/Meter board
26. Connection to NEPA
27. Compound flooring (sandfilling, flooring...)
28. Landscaping

______

Here are the constants:

A standard 4 bed duplex will use the following material.

- At least 800 bags of cement (foundation - plastering)
- At least 7500 blocks
- At least 120 tones of granite
- At least 10 tonnes of iron rod (columns, beams, lintel)
- At least 400k on various formworks for decking, lintels and columns (whether rented or purchased)
- At least 200 tons of sharp sand (foundation, block works and slab)

2 Likes

Re: Oke Aro Ogun State Project - A 4 Bedroom Duplex With Saloon by mufutau55(m): 3:45pm On Sep 25, 2020
Dennis3D:

Lol I was wondering how the OP Said he built and furnished a Duplex like this with 8m. And has refused to show pictures. Funny as it may sound

You.no go see any pics... and if there is... you will see level of finishing... contractor or no contractor.
I still repeat.... Finishings get levels.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: Oke Aro Ogun State Project - A 4 Bedroom Duplex With Saloon by Dennis3D(m): 4:26pm On Sep 25, 2020
mufutau55:

You.no go see any pics... and if there is... you will see level of finishing... contractor or no contractor.
I still repeat.... Finishings get levels.

Hajji M.

100%
Re: Oke Aro Ogun State Project - A 4 Bedroom Duplex With Saloon by gabbytabby: 5:04pm On Sep 26, 2020
The average Nigerian no they understate how much they spent on their home oh if anything na to exaggerate.

If him say he spent 8m I am inclined to believe him. Although I also agree say finishing get level. Location also matters.

Personally I know I can do a 10m four bed duplex on half plot. I already spent 7m on a project with 2 three bedrooms one up one down and na for Ajah self.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oke Aro Ogun State Project - A 4 Bedroom Duplex With Saloon by edoman2016: 7:04am On Sep 30, 2020
gabbytabby:
The average Nigerian no they understate how much they spent on their home oh if anything na to exaggerate.

If him say he spent 8m I am inclined to believe him. Although I also agree say finishing get level. Location also matters.

Personally I know I can do a 10m four bed duplex on half plot. I already spent 7m on a project with 2 three bedrooms one up one down and na for Ajah self.
Thank you. Don't mind that nairaland builders like n3xt etc. Imagine 19 million naira can't complete 4 bedroom duplex indeed? My university friend who is a civil engineer just built three bedroom ensuit bungalow for his mother. He spent 4 million naira only. I was amazed at the quality of the house during the house warming for his mother. But nairaland builders will be quoting 13 million naira for bungalow.
Re: Oke Aro Ogun State Project - A 4 Bedroom Duplex With Saloon by n3xt(m): 7:18am On Sep 30, 2020
n3xt:

Which year was this?

I don’t need to see the picture of the house but you can share the dimension.

Please kindly help with the rough figure of the amount spent on the following for learning purpose:

1. Foundation
2. Block Works (Ground & Upper Floor)
3. Slab (Decking)
4. Roofing Woodwork (parapet if inclusive)
5. Roofing Sheet (Aluminium, Slate or Stone-Coated)
6. Electrical Piping (if conduit)
7. Electrical Wiring
8. Plumbing
9. Ceiling (POP, asbestos or PVC)
10. Plastering
11. Windows
12. Doors
13. Burglar Proof
14. Flooring (Tiles, Carpet or concrete)
15. Balustrades (staircase & balcony railing)
16. Kitchen cabinets
17. Toilets, Shower, Wash Basin
18. Lights, Sockets and Switches
19. Septic tank/soakaway
20. Borehole/Well

Don’t bother to estimate for the following:

21. Fence (wall/plastering)
22. Gate
23. Tank Tower
24. Gate/Generator House
25. Change over/Gear switch/Meter board
26. Connection to NEPA
27. Compound flooring (sandfilling, flooring...)
28. Landscaping

______

Here are the constants:

A standard 4 bed duplex will use the following material.

- At least 800 bags of cement (foundation - plastering)
- At least 7500 blocks
- At least 120 tones of granite
- At least 10 tonnes of iron rod (columns, beams, lintel)
- At least 400k on various formworks for decking, lintels and columns (whether rented or purchased)
- At least 200 tons of sharp sand (foundation, block works and slab)

edoman2016

This is my simple question. I know it’s possible. Just give us breakdown. I want learn how you did it and the areas you’re able to save.

It’s just that simple!!

4 Likes

Re: Oke Aro Ogun State Project - A 4 Bedroom Duplex With Saloon by Dennis3D(m): 10:45pm On Sep 30, 2020
n3xt:

edoman2016

This is my simple question. I know it’s possible. Just give us breakdown. I want learn how you did it and the areas you’re able to save.

It’s just that simple!!

Am waiting too. So let's see.
Re: Oke Aro Ogun State Project - A 4 Bedroom Duplex With Saloon by gabbytabby: 10:04pm On Oct 01, 2020
The money na for self manage and self materials sourced project.

If it's going to be project managed by professionals just jejeli add 5m cos all them professional fees, supervision fees and if him watch over materials like I do na stroke matter or he will not do any other project as will have to open and close gate daily.

edoman2016:

Thank you. Don't mind that nairaland builders like n3xt etc. Imagine 19 million naira can't complete 4 bedroom duplex indeed? My university friend who is a civil engineer just built three bedroom ensuit bungalow for his mother. He spent 4 million naira only. I was amazed at the quality of the house during the house warming for his mother. But nairaland builders will be quoting 13 million naira for bungalow.

1 Like

Re: Oke Aro Ogun State Project - A 4 Bedroom Duplex With Saloon by gabbytabby: 10:10pm On Oct 01, 2020
Check my topics I did 6 flats at 15m with detailed costing.

n3xt:

edoman2016

It’s just that simple!!
Re: Oke Aro Ogun State Project - A 4 Bedroom Duplex With Saloon by n3xt(m): 12:01am On Oct 02, 2020
gabbytabby:
The money na for self manage and self materials sourced project.

If it's going to be project managed by professionals just jejeli add 5m cos all them professional fees, supervision fees and if him watch over materials like I do na stroke matter or he will not do any other project as will have to open and close gate daily.

Mama, this answers my first question to edoman2016. I said "Which year was this?"

I've done extremely cheap builds on nairaland platform but as at today "Things are no longer at ease"

I've done a 3 floor project about the same time you did yours for N10m (carcass only) and I did a 4 unit 4 bedroom terrace duplex for N16m (carcass and fence only). Both project had 1.2m raft and we use marine boards for the project.

I've built a duplex in the worst of lekki land with N22m but it's shocking to tell you that I've spent almost N43 million on the same duplex between 2019 and this year and we are not done.

So I understand 16m can work in 2014, 2015 and maybe 2016. I am very sure it wont go that far in 2020. 16mm iron rod is sold 4,200 per length ma

2 Likes

Re: Oke Aro Ogun State Project - A 4 Bedroom Duplex With Saloon by edoman2016: 4:27am On Oct 02, 2020
n3xt:

Mama, this answers my first question to edoman2016. I said "Which year was this?"

I've done extremely cheap builds on nairaland platform but as at today "Things are no longer at ease"

I've done a 3 floor project about the same time you did yours for N10m (carcass only) and I did a 4 unit 4 bedroom terrace duplex for N16m (carcass and fence only). Both project had 1.2m raft and we use marine boards for the project.

I've built a duplex in the worst of lekki land with N22m but it's shocking to tell you that I've spent almost N43 million on the same duplex between 2019 and this year and we are not done.

So I understand 16m can work in 2014, 2015 and maybe 2016. I am very sure it wont go that far in 2020. 16mm iron rod is sold 4,200 per length ma
What do you refer as extremely cheap builds? If a client decide to build his house based on simplicity and functionality rather than luxury and flamboyance? does that mean his house is extremely cheap? Bro, you are mistaken. As far as the structure of the house is sound, habitable and comfortable, you have no right to call it extremely cheap build.

1 Like

Re: Oke Aro Ogun State Project - A 4 Bedroom Duplex With Saloon by n3xt(m): 5:08am On Oct 02, 2020
edoman2016:

What do you refer as extremely cheap builds? If a client decide to build his house based on simplicity and functionality rather than luxury and flamboyance? does that mean his house is extremely cheap? Bro, you are mistaken. As far as the structure of the house is sound, habitable and comfortable, you have no right to call it extremely cheap build.

You have a point there. Not a cheap build. It’s basic yet functional build.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Oke Aro Ogun State Project - A 4 Bedroom Duplex With Saloon by gabbytabby: 3:12pm On Oct 02, 2020
The six flat for 15m was done in 2018
n3xt:

Re: Oke Aro Ogun State Project - A 4 Bedroom Duplex With Saloon by Dennis3D(m): 6:15am On Oct 06, 2020
gabbytabby:
The six flat for 15m was done in 2018

Pls can you share pictures. Thanks
Re: Oke Aro Ogun State Project - A 4 Bedroom Duplex With Saloon by gabbytabby: 10:05am On Oct 07, 2020
Look at about page 7 of my postings and you will find the details including photos.

v
Dennis3D:

Pls can you share pictures. Thanks
Re: Oke Aro Ogun State Project - A 4 Bedroom Duplex With Saloon by Dennis3D(m): 5:00pm On Oct 07, 2020
gabbytabby:
Look at about page 7 of my postings and you will find the details including photos.

v

Ok
Re: Oke Aro Ogun State Project - A 4 Bedroom Duplex With Saloon by Dennis3D(m): 9:23pm On Oct 14, 2020
... Our work
Re: Oke Aro Ogun State Project - A 4 Bedroom Duplex With Saloon by Dennis3D(m): 4:53pm On Oct 15, 2020
Re: Oke Aro Ogun State Project - A 4 Bedroom Duplex With Saloon by Dennis3D(m): 7:29am On Nov 03, 2020
Good morning all
Re: Oke Aro Ogun State Project - A 4 Bedroom Duplex With Saloon by Dennis3D(m): 12:32pm On Nov 11, 2020
Contact us for your designs and construction services
Re: Oke Aro Ogun State Project - A 4 Bedroom Duplex With Saloon by Dennis3D(m): 4:46am On Nov 14, 2020
Contact us on Whatsapp on https:///message/H6PSFGURKGQGE1

For more of our works visit our page here using this link...
https://www.nairaland.com/dennis3d or Facebook on www.facebook.com/dennis3ds
Re: Oke Aro Ogun State Project - A 4 Bedroom Duplex With Saloon by Dennis3D(m): 1:19pm On Nov 14, 2020
See this

Re: Oke Aro Ogun State Project - A 4 Bedroom Duplex With Saloon by paparazzi82: 12:53pm On Dec 03, 2020
Dennis3D:

Good Morning
Thank you for contacting us.
The carcass of this took 14.5m between December 2017 to October 2018...

Though that's the saloon and main building.
To build only the main building now. Budget around 12.5 - 13m as at today.

For more enquiries. Call or WhatsApp me on 07038166370...

Last year being 2019, i did carcass of a kobokobo 3bedroom duplex and 2 units of 2bedroom flats all attached including borehole, fence and gate for roughly 10.23million. Lets stop putting fear into people and allow people to invest
Re: Oke Aro Ogun State Project - A 4 Bedroom Duplex With Saloon by paparazzi82: 12:59pm On Dec 03, 2020
This is the pic of the building

Re: Oke Aro Ogun State Project - A 4 Bedroom Duplex With Saloon by Dennis3D(m): 6:21am On Dec 16, 2020
paparazzi82:

Last year being 2019, i did carcass of a kobokobo 3bedroom duplex and 2 units of 2bedroom flats all attached including borehole, fence and gate for roughly 10.23million. Lets stop putting fear into people and allow people to invest

Client is in charge of material in this particular project we did. Looking at the picture you uploaded, already more than 350K is saved from roofing sheets and accessories alone...

I may not know the details used on the inside...

Some people use 16mm to start a Duplex on the foundation and ground floor then continue with 12mm on the first floor. I have seen that too before but this case we used 16mm all through. We used stone dusts too for concrete works in addition to granite... And a lot more specifications. Blocks used are molded at 30 pieces per bag etc.

So we should endeavor to look at the specifics first before concluding. Every build has their unique specifications.

2 Likes

Re: Oke Aro Ogun State Project - A 4 Bedroom Duplex With Saloon by Dennis3D(m): 2:30pm On Dec 21, 2020
We Design and Build
Re: Oke Aro Ogun State Project - A 4 Bedroom Duplex With Saloon by Dennis3D(m): 8:07am On Jan 06, 2021
Resuming this soon
Re: Oke Aro Ogun State Project - A 4 Bedroom Duplex With Saloon by Dennis3D(m): 12:50am On Jan 22, 2021
Contact us
Re: Oke Aro Ogun State Project - A 4 Bedroom Duplex With Saloon by Dennis3D(m): 1:54am On Jan 29, 2021
Good morning
Re: Oke Aro Ogun State Project - A 4 Bedroom Duplex With Saloon by Dennis3D(m): 2:15am On Jan 31, 2021
Good morning...
Re: Oke Aro Ogun State Project - A 4 Bedroom Duplex With Saloon by Barywhyte(m): 10:45am On Apr 04, 2021
Dennis3D:
Good morning...

Where are you based bro? I'm in Lagos but I have a plot in ogun state and wants to have 5 bed flats and additional 2 bed flats infront.

Are u anywhere in SW?
Re: Oke Aro Ogun State Project - A 4 Bedroom Duplex With Saloon by Dennis3D(m): 7:56pm On Apr 04, 2021
Barywhyte:

Where are you based bro? I'm in Lagos but I have a plot in ogun state and wants to have 5 bed flats and additional 2 bed flats infront.

Are u anywhere in SW?

Good evening sir.
Thank you for reaching out.
Am in Lagos. That's where I base

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

3 Bedroom Drawing Open For Criticism / OUR RENOVATION Diary-platinum Row (A New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) / 19 Men Arrested As Land Grabbers Deny Story, Say They Are Construction Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.