Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,182 members, 7,807,591 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:53 PM

Omokri Reacts To NBS Report That 10m Nigerians Lost Jobs Under Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Omokri Reacts To NBS Report That 10m Nigerians Lost Jobs Under Buhari (1022 Views)

Buhari Will Take 10m Nigerians Out Of Poverty In 10 Years —Osinbajo / Ezekwesili Reacts To NBS’ Confirmation That 21 Million Nigerians Unemployed / "We Are Not Corrupt!" - Nigerian Police To NBS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Omokri Reacts To NBS Report That 10m Nigerians Lost Jobs Under Buhari by Ehiscotch(m): 8:43am On Dec 23, 2017
Reno Omokri, former aide to ex-President
Goodluck Jonathan, has reacted to report by
the Nigerian Bureau of Statistics, NBS, that
10million Nigerians became unemployed since
President Muhammadu Buhari assumed power.
NBS in its report, had said the number of
Nigerians that became unemployed rose under
the Buhari regime from 8,036 million in 2015
fourth quarter to 15.998 million in third quarter
of2017.

In his reaction, the former Presidential aide
warned against campaigning for Buhari, saying
Nigerians should compare the loss to Buhari’s
campaign promises.

The former Special Adviser on New Media to
Jonathan also advised that those out to
campaign for Buhari may lose their jobs next
year.

Omokri, a fierce critic of the Buhari’s
government and a United States, US-based
Pastor said this in a tweet via his social media
handle.

He wrote, “Compare Buhari’s promise to the job
numbers released today by the Nigerian Bureau
of Statistics.

“A total of 10 million jobs has been lost under
Buhari.

“If you are campaigning for a second term for
him, your job may be one of the jobs he loses
next year!”

https://www.google.com.ng/search?q=latest+nigeria+news&client=ms-opera-mini-android&channel=new&gws_rd=cr,ssl&dcr=0&ei=fog9WrGPI8X4wAK8woHAAg

Re: Omokri Reacts To NBS Report That 10m Nigerians Lost Jobs Under Buhari by Ehiscotch(m): 8:47am On Dec 23, 2017
With the fall in oil prices and lack of savings, no power would have saved those jobs .

I wasn't expecting it not to have serious effects on the economy when we are solely dependent on it.

But the APC government promised jobs and they failed.
Re: Omokri Reacts To NBS Report That 10m Nigerians Lost Jobs Under Buhari by Ehiscotch(m): 8:48am On Dec 23, 2017
“If you are campaigning for a second term for him, your job may be one of the jobs he loses next year!”
LMAO.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omokri Reacts To NBS Report That 10m Nigerians Lost Jobs Under Buhari by SalamRushdie: 8:54am On Dec 23, 2017
Ehiscotch:
With the fall in oil prices and lack of savings, no power would have saved those jobs .

I wasn't expecting it not to have serious effects on the economy when we are solely dependent on it.

But the APC government promised jobs and they failed.

Buhari is losing an average of 4 million jobs a year which means if he spend 8 years over 40 million Nigerians would have lost their jobs which is the entire workforce currently and yet you think its low oil price that caused it , man you are wrong it was caused by very poor thought process of the dullard ..When he attacked Intels for no clear reasons you applauded him and those job losses reflected in the last qtrs report , he recently went after innoson for reasons best know to him and that will also reflect some job losses in the next report ..Buhari os a disaster that must be stopped now before its too late .

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Omokri Reacts To NBS Report That 10m Nigerians Lost Jobs Under Buhari by EDOPRO: 8:55am On Dec 23, 2017
k
Re: Omokri Reacts To NBS Report That 10m Nigerians Lost Jobs Under Buhari by whonamehelp(m): 8:56am On Dec 23, 2017
i stand with Buhari.
Re: Omokri Reacts To NBS Report That 10m Nigerians Lost Jobs Under Buhari by EDOPRO: 8:58am On Dec 23, 2017
we all know buhari is a failure, no going back, his leaving back to daura in 2019.
Re: Omokri Reacts To NBS Report That 10m Nigerians Lost Jobs Under Buhari by Desyner: 9:00am On Dec 23, 2017
Always reacting. He used to be part of the people we reacted to though.
Re: Omokri Reacts To NBS Report That 10m Nigerians Lost Jobs Under Buhari by profosa: 9:23am On Dec 23, 2017
i lost my job with an oil servicing company more than a year ago because of the company near insolvency.is buhari responsible for my job loss?

let me answer the question by analysing how the company got into the mess?

1.Fall in crude prices and subsequent price adjustment by IOC's for existing contract

2Naira-dollar exchange rate fluctuation,dollar loans that can longer be serviced
3.Tax issues and increased regulatory environment.during the boom years of 2009-2014 taxes were not paid and recent increased regulatory activities is forcing companies to pay those money

4.Most oil servicing only make money from trading activities rather than investment.and the trading profits are usually moved offshore whether nigerian or expatriate it is the same
5.abuse of expatriate quota,imagine we had lebanese cooks,chef,baker...

Do i blame buhari then,no,our country is seriously messed up.the changes we need that can.bring jobs back would take alot more time under our democracy.

2 Likes

Re: Omokri Reacts To NBS Report That 10m Nigerians Lost Jobs Under Buhari by EternalTruths: 9:29am On Dec 23, 2017
Buhari na unemployment master.
Re: Omokri Reacts To NBS Report That 10m Nigerians Lost Jobs Under Buhari by Hofbrauhaus(m): 9:30am On Dec 23, 2017
profosa:

i lost my job with an oil servicing company more than a year ago because of the company near insolvency.is buhari responsible for my job loss?

1.Fall in crude prices and subsequent price adjustment by IOC's for existing contract

2Naira-dollar exchange rate fluctuation,dollar loans that can longer be serviced
3.Tax issues and increased regulatory environment.during the boom years of 2009-2014 taxes were not paid and recent increased regulatory activities is forcing companies to pay those money

4.Most oil servicing only make money from trading activities rather than investment.and the trading profits are usually moved offshore whether nigerian or expatriate it is the same

Do i blame buhari then,no,our country is seriously messed up.the changes we need that can.bring jobs back would take alot more time under our democracy.

Buhari is responsible for rendering you jobless...We know you voted him and you would like to believe you made the right decision....But oga, Buhari is a complete failure. Those Buhari Media Cows that are defending him knows....

5 Likes

Re: Omokri Reacts To NBS Report That 10m Nigerians Lost Jobs Under Buhari by Ehiscotch(m): 9:40am On Dec 23, 2017
profosa:

I couldn't have explained it any better.

For an economy over reliant on oil and importation of goods; a fall in oil price which would lead to a subsequent fall in the value of the naira thus causing high inflation and economic recession.

States aren't paying salaries; few monies in circulation.

It is doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that we were doomed from the start.
Re: Omokri Reacts To NBS Report That 10m Nigerians Lost Jobs Under Buhari by Nobody: 9:48am On Dec 23, 2017
Our sophisticated compatriots will never accept that Buhari has failed. We have to find a way to manage a Nigeria and perpetual recycling of bad leadership. This is a constant in the nearest foreseeable future. Buhari will definitely take over in 2019. The only reason he won't take power is when he decides not to run which is very unlikely.
Re: Omokri Reacts To NBS Report That 10m Nigerians Lost Jobs Under Buhari by dodelight(m): 10:50am On Dec 23, 2017
The ignoramus that voted the incompetent must all hide their heads in shame now.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari To Address Restructuring In Second Term – VON-DG / 3 Types Of Buhari Critics / 2019: Bukola Saraki Speaks On Being Offered Automatic Ticket, Oil Well

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.