Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,679 members, 7,801,960 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:02 AM

Top 6 Movies Of 2017 - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Top 6 Movies Of 2017 (531 Views)

Top 10 Youngest Hollywood Actresses Of 2017 2018 / 12 Over Hyped Movies Of 2017 / My Most Favorite Films of 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Top 6 Movies Of 2017 by chily11: 10:31am On Dec 23, 2017
Moonlight — a marvellous poem of light and colour

Barry Jenkins’ film follows the growing-up of a shy gay African-American boy. When young Chiron eats as a guest he is seen holding his fork differently than the adult Chiron in the diner at the end of the movie.

A chronicle of the childhood, adolescence and burgeoning adulthood of a young, African-American, gay man growing up in a rough neighborhood of Miami.

What is remarkable about Moonlight is that Jenkins and playwright Tarell Alvin McCraney have crafted a film which has this place so deep in its bones that it strikes me as impossible to separate any aspect of its form from the context

A Ghost Story — unique supernatural fable

Rooney Mara and a bedsheet-draped Casey Affleck star in David Lowery’s radical and poetic tale. I rarely see a movie so original that I want to tell people to just see it without reading any reviews beforehand, , David Lowery's “A Ghost Story” is one of those movies. So I'm urging you to just see it.

Some will say it's pretentious, obtuse, and masturbatory, and they'd be able to find plenty of evidence. But there's so much to love here, largely because the film is something of an inkblot.

Call Me by Your Name is a bewitching story of gay love

Set in Lombardy in a 1980s summer, Luca Guadagnino’s film is truthful and vivid. Call Me by Your Name is a 2017 romantic coming-of-age drama film directed by Luca Guadagnino and written by James Ivory, based on the 2007 novel of the same name by André Aciman, in a place so enchanted, with its bright green gardens, that it belongs in a fairy tale. The location, the opening credits tell us, is “Somewhere in Northern Italy.”

continue here [url]go2pedia..com[/url]

(1) (Reply)

Did You Know How I Can Contact Channels TV Or Any Other News Channel. / Panasonic 32" Full HD Tv For Sale / Ex- Big Brother Africa Housemate, Pokello Reacts To Tobi And Cee-c’s “confusion”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.