Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:40 AM

Melanin: Controversial Clarence-shot Video Banned In Kenya - Music/Radio (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Melanin: Controversial Clarence-shot Video Banned In Kenya (35679 Views)

’jaye Lo’ : Davido Deletes Controversial Video Amid Backlash / (video) Kizz Daniel - Poko MP4 Download (dir By Clarence Peters) / Korede Bello – Melanin Popping (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Melanin: Controversial Clarence-shot Video Banned In Kenya by Nobody: 3:53pm On Dec 24, 2017
biacan:
Eva I can leave anything for you in this life...... but I can't afford to leave Chief for you he my...... mine alone not to be shared with anyone

stay clear off my property

Shey u r seeing this

chiefpiiko

I won't say more than this

this isn't funny.
Re: Melanin: Controversial Clarence-shot Video Banned In Kenya by biacan(f): 3:54pm On Dec 24, 2017
Evaberry:

Shey u r seeing this
chiefpiiko
Chiefpiiko is my sugar daddy so stay clear
Re: Melanin: Controversial Clarence-shot Video Banned In Kenya by Nobody: 3:57pm On Dec 24, 2017
Do I have to call again or you trust me enough?
Evaberry:

Shey u r seeing this

chiefpiiko

this isn't funny.
Re: Melanin: Controversial Clarence-shot Video Banned In Kenya by Martin0(m): 4:03pm On Dec 24, 2017
Evaberry:

Shey u r seeing this
chiefpiiko

this isn't funny.
2best nairaland actress,I like this moviegringrin
But what iz the title
Re: Melanin: Controversial Clarence-shot Video Banned In Kenya by biacan(f): 4:11pm On Dec 24, 2017
ChiefPiiko:
Do I have to call again or you trust me enough?
Chief stop talking to her and concentrate on me.......#slimdaddy
Re: Melanin: Controversial Clarence-shot Video Banned In Kenya by Nobody: 4:16pm On Dec 24, 2017
Noooo, you are my friend. You shouldn't come in between us
biacan:
Chief stop talking to her and concentrate on me.......#slimdaddy

Re: Melanin: Controversial Clarence-shot Video Banned In Kenya by FILEBE(m): 4:28pm On Dec 24, 2017
safarigirl:
which guys are fully dressed? The one on dreads is the Flavour of Sauti Sol, that guy is never fully dressed and same applied to this video, abi you didn't see his chest?

The guy with the last verse has his shirt opened halfway at least, with nothing underneath.

The feminine body is a marvel to many

He has his chest open but he still has a clothe on. He didn't strip down to his brief or pants. You shouldn't try to justify this thing done by women. You are making the men think females have nothing to offer than their bodies. Yes the feminine body is a marvel to many. That's why i won't allow my wife parade nakedly in front of my friends It will lose its essence of marvel if everyone has seen it.
Re: Melanin: Controversial Clarence-shot Video Banned In Kenya by biacan(f): 4:32pm On Dec 24, 2017
ChiefPiiko:
Noooo, you are my friend. You shouldn't come in between us
Nooooo I'm not your friend chief I'm your Mrs...... Eva chiefpiiko is my sugar daddy better stay away from my property
Re: Melanin: Controversial Clarence-shot Video Banned In Kenya by kabaka1: 4:50pm On Dec 24, 2017
biacan:
There is nothing in that video compare to the adulterous lifestyle happening all over the clubs in Kenya they are worst than Nigeria

and Kenyans love their sex parties 2
Re: Melanin: Controversial Clarence-shot Video Banned In Kenya by RedDistrict: 6:38pm On Dec 24, 2017
Great song, Patoranking repped as always
Video was ok for me, depicted the song as it should
Merry xmas to everyone! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Melanin: Controversial Clarence-shot Video Banned In Kenya by codemaniacs: 6:48pm On Dec 24, 2017
zz

1 Like

Re: Melanin: Controversial Clarence-shot Video Banned In Kenya by Nobody: 8:40pm On Dec 24, 2017
codemaniacs:

this is the problem.... we are both responding to each other in a foreign language... If Africans who have genetically proven to be the first people on earth didn't invent education then who invented the indigenous languages of each African ethnic group

history makes me SMH at how bad Africans have fallen all because of material things..

If our forefathers had switched from english and used indigenous languages in schools.. you would never even type this abomination...

now language is the problem, oya find another excuse. Again, that history you read was made up to make you feel good. A race invents education, yes there is no known invention that led to industrialisation in its name. Africans are known for art and culture not education as it were. You don't need to be educated to be an artist or a cultural person. There are so many un educated person thriving in art and culture. The education we talking here is different. Again, an African man can be unclad for only 3 reasons : poverty, culture, ignorance. For some of saying Nudity has been an African thing, would you choose to present nude at a UN meeting? Would you choose to go to your office nude. Times have changed. The fact that you are educated means you agree with the change. It will be silly when you come promote nude scenes promoting sex most especially to the elites because you feel nudity is an African thing. How many village people who are still nude will watch the video upthere?

1 Like

Re: Melanin: Controversial Clarence-shot Video Banned In Kenya by codemaniacs: 9:02pm On Dec 24, 2017
zz

1 Like

Re: Melanin: Controversial Clarence-shot Video Banned In Kenya by blacknp(m): 12:03am On Dec 25, 2017
Sanchez01:

You ended up mixing your points up and left a space open. What we should be asking now is, 'was nudity in vogue as at the time the White man introduced clothing and textile to the black man?'

Yes, Africans realised they were naked when the White men came and they wasted no time in carving a dress sense for themselves which was never truly European. It became our thing and wore it with pride.

In a bid to protest against the colonialists, do you go about naked just because it used to be your thing?

If you were given a camera, a crew and some money to shoot an expository video of your very own people, your kindred, would you ask the ladies to go unclad or perhaps make G-strings out of leaves and and shake from left to right? You get the problem now, yeah?

Social media happened and that it is why nudity spread like wild fire. The desperation for attention, social media likes and compulsive Internet trend forced most people to hate their clothes. But then again, the simple logic comes to play; in a bid to fault whatever the white man did/brought, one's body parts was much revered than any other thing in the past.

That you should about the heritage of your people does not mean you must date it back to the days of Adam and Eve, when they walked about all day without knowing they were naked and unashamed about it.

Sex sells faster than anything in the world today and the same thing goes for nudity.
Who told you we were naked in Africa before the white man came?after Adam & eve realized they were unclad they went and made clothes with leaves (fabrics) and it is all common knowledge that Africa is the center of the world,the world started in Africa,the garden of eden is somewhere in Africa or did they not wear clothes in Egypt?
Re: Melanin: Controversial Clarence-shot Video Banned In Kenya by Nobody: 5:51am On Dec 25, 2017
All I want for Christmas is you my love, kiss Merry Christmas my darling
Evaberry:

and yet I'm the one that talks about a dude and hype him.

slim daddy I greet u
Re: Melanin: Controversial Clarence-shot Video Banned In Kenya by Daejoyoung: 3:14pm On Dec 25, 2017
Well, all l can say is.. ln my life l have never seen a melanin so dark..So there's nothing wrong with this video to me.
Dope song, Dope video.

1 Like

Re: Melanin: Controversial Clarence-shot Video Banned In Kenya by taylor88(m): 2:44pm On Jan 04, 2018
biacan:
Chiefpiiko trying to dodge the queen...... it can't happen

#slimdaddy

08066029//////568
Re: Melanin: Controversial Clarence-shot Video Banned In Kenya by biacan(f): 2:46pm On Jan 04, 2018
taylor88:

08066029//////568
So you're an igbo boy Taylor
Re: Melanin: Controversial Clarence-shot Video Banned In Kenya by taylor88(m): 2:49pm On Jan 04, 2018
biacan:
So you're an igbo boy Taylor

Rivers
Re: Melanin: Controversial Clarence-shot Video Banned In Kenya by biacan(f): 2:52pm On Jan 04, 2018
taylor88:

Rivers
Rivers guys are stubborn I'm afraid of them biko
Re: Melanin: Controversial Clarence-shot Video Banned In Kenya by taylor88(m): 2:56pm On Jan 04, 2018
biacan:
Rivers guys are stubborn I'm afraid of them biko

Let's make our chats private

Make use of the cell provided
Re: Melanin: Controversial Clarence-shot Video Banned In Kenya by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jan 04, 2018
You want to give her injection??
taylor88:

08066029//////568

Re: Melanin: Controversial Clarence-shot Video Banned In Kenya by Phut(f): 6:39pm On Jan 08, 2018
safarigirl:
Good day folks, so earlier this month Sauti Sol, a Kenyan group released a highly controversial music video for their hit track, Melanin, which features Nigerian reggae/dancehall rave, Patoranking

While the message of the song is preaching self love and praises the melanated African beauty, the video was met with hostility from some political juggernauts in Kenya who found it crude and a glorification of nudity.

The music video generated much controversy, such that it was eventually banned by the government, but the controversy has earned the video and the song much popularity on the internet. The video on YouTube has garnered 3.7 million views in less than a month and it doesn't hurt that the song is wavy.

It was shot by the Capital Dreams team led by Clarence Peters and I personally find it brilliant, but what do you think? Did the video deserve a ban?

Video: Sauti Sol ft. Patoranking- Melanin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8LFwC1nEpU

Article by: Me

Clarence copied Bryson Tiller’s “Something tells me” video

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

13 Songs Of 2018 That Should Have Been Hits / I Need Site To Download Music Free Of Charge / Tim Godfrey – So Good | Audio Download

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.