Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,172 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:03 AM

SEO: What Search Engines Look For When Ranking Your Site - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / SEO: What Search Engines Look For When Ranking Your Site (4581 Views)

Using Python For Technical SEO: What You Need To Know / Tips For Optimizing A Blog For Search Engines Web Visitors / SEO - What Search Engines Love And Hate About Websites (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SEO: What Search Engines Look For When Ranking Your Site by Gurusblend(m): 6:39pm On Dec 23, 2017
Web indexes are an incredible asset to get visitors to your site. Lamentably, helping web crawlers find and rank your site for consideration in it’s postings is testing.

In the same way as other online procedures, there are tricks and assignments that you can use to enhance your outcomes. In any case, like online networking showcasing, you can invest an over the top measure of energy in website SEO.

In this article, what search engines look for when ranking your sites will be discussed.

Web optimization has turned out to be more required as web crawlers grew more viewpoints to how it positioned rankings.

As the Internet developed, bringing request and dependable outcomes turned out to be more troublesome. There are numerous site owners who utilize blackhat. The issue with this is it implied web search tools weren’t conveying the content web searchers were searching for. Google specifically has been battling this which is useful for web searchers, however more troublesome for site owners.

You can also understand what Google wants from your site, and how you can give Google what it needs from your site, Here is list of what Google looks at when ranking websites.

Keywords: When web crawlers crawl through your blog, they look for keywords in your site, this will enable them deliver results will the searched keyword. so with this, work on your keyword and expect maximum results.

Time Spent Online: New Sites usually have problem with Seo, because their is much competitions and Google favors older sites than new ones.

SSL: Google’s latest policy favors site with https more than sites with http.

Responsive web design: Because so many people use phones or tablets to go online, Google has now included mobile-friendly as one of the aspects it looks for when ranking a site.

Outgoing links: Search engines like to see links to other sites as well as within your site (i.e. linking to other content on your own site).

Incoming links: These are links to your website from other sites. Social media can be very helpful in this, but also, having other quality sites linking to your content goes a long way to improving your ranking.

With all these, you should be able to understand what Google wants from you, and learn how to give Google want it wants. See you at the top.

3 Likes

Re: SEO: What Search Engines Look For When Ranking Your Site by Gurusblend(m): 6:40pm On Dec 23, 2017
Re: SEO: What Search Engines Look For When Ranking Your Site by Wikinaija(m): 7:08am On Dec 24, 2017
Get the answer on link below
Re: SEO: What Search Engines Look For When Ranking Your Site by akeentech(m): 7:08am On Dec 24, 2017
IF YOU DON'T PRACTICE THIS YOU CAN'T GET ANYWHERE NEAR THE TOP.

https://akeentech.com/2017/12/12-important-seo-features/
Re: SEO: What Search Engines Look For When Ranking Your Site by doffman: 7:08am On Dec 24, 2017
H
Re: SEO: What Search Engines Look For When Ranking Your Site by akeentech(m): 7:08am On Dec 24, 2017
Re: SEO: What Search Engines Look For When Ranking Your Site by teamb: 7:09am On Dec 24, 2017
Nice write up

WITHDRAW ALL YOUR FIVERR /UPWORK FUND TRU ME
INSTANT FUNDING CHECK MY SIGNATURE FOR MY NUMBER Nice write up
[color=#000099]Nice write up

INSTANT FUNDING CHECK MY SIGNATURE FOR MY NUMBER [color=#006600]Nice write up
Nice write up

INSTANT FUNDING CHECK MY SIGNATURE FOR MY NUMBER [color=#006600]Nice write up
Re: SEO: What Search Engines Look For When Ranking Your Site by Nobody: 7:10am On Dec 24, 2017
Seo = anoda way failed bloggers scam new bloggers

4 Likes

Re: SEO: What Search Engines Look For When Ranking Your Site by leksmedia: 7:12am On Dec 24, 2017
SEO is a journey and not a destination.
Google always change and update their policies every now and then. So you have to keep up with the eve changing policies.

For your website design visit www.leksmediaconcept.com or call 08173091370

1 Like

Re: SEO: What Search Engines Look For When Ranking Your Site by tstx(m): 7:12am On Dec 24, 2017
And how would u know
Re: SEO: What Search Engines Look For When Ranking Your Site by geniousisrael: 7:18am On Dec 24, 2017
pls anyone with tstv decoder or how to get it should help.09039616860
Re: SEO: What Search Engines Look For When Ranking Your Site by geebehn(m): 7:23am On Dec 24, 2017
yeyerolling:
Seo = anoda way failed bloggers scam new bloggers
The thing tire me too o. You will see some indian sites ranking for huge volume keywords with not too good contents plus the old keyword stuffing methods.
Re: SEO: What Search Engines Look For When Ranking Your Site by freeman95(m): 7:25am On Dec 24, 2017
Nice one
Re: SEO: What Search Engines Look For When Ranking Your Site by Sapiosexuality(m): 7:28am On Dec 24, 2017
Same stories. How do I raise the Alexa Ranking of this blog to be in the first ten in Nigeria. cheesy. www.mortalpoet.com
Re: SEO: What Search Engines Look For When Ranking Your Site by Alphasoar(m): 7:31am On Dec 24, 2017
OP just tell bloggers to go sit down and compose good posts. Everything else will fall in line!
Re: SEO: What Search Engines Look For When Ranking Your Site by Doerstech(m): 7:52am On Dec 24, 2017
Simply and straight
Re: SEO: What Search Engines Look For When Ranking Your Site by kabarka(m): 8:13am On Dec 24, 2017
Thanks for sharing.
Re: SEO: What Search Engines Look For When Ranking Your Site by jitendraforfrie: 8:51am On Dec 24, 2017
Nobody don't know actually what is the process of Search Engines to rank the website on no.1. You will see some sites ranking for huge volume keywords with not too good contents plus the old keyword stuffing.
I think search engines work on Backlinks of your website to rank your. Backlinks are more important to get no.1 position in search engine.
To get Backlinks visit my Blog... http://pratibodh.com/free-backlinks-generator-online/
Re: SEO: What Search Engines Look For When Ranking Your Site by bobjayxyz: 9:12am On Dec 24, 2017
There is no sure fire way to stay ahead of the latest trend in search engine optimization, however, a few of the best practice would help you grow your website. This include using a good seo plugin, a reliable webhost (speed matters), having a sitemap & robots.txt etc.
read more here http://moneyontheweb.ml/2017/12/wordpress-seo-best-practice/
Re: SEO: What Search Engines Look For When Ranking Your Site by pabostt: 11:21am On Dec 24, 2017
leksmedia:
SEO is a journey and not a destination.
Google always change and update their policies every now and then. So you have to keep up with the ever changing policies.

For your website design visit www.leksmediaconcept.com or call 08173091370

You made a lot of sense. One thing I have noticed is that once your content are solving problems and SEO minded you won't have much problem ranking high.
Re: SEO: What Search Engines Look For When Ranking Your Site by pabostt: 11:24am On Dec 24, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
Same stories. How do I raise the Alexa Ranking of this blog to be in the first ten in Nigeria. cheesy. www.mortalpoet.com

Lol... alexa ranking, hmm..... Your number of daily visitors and daily views must be in millions to surpass those already occupying the positions.
Re: SEO: What Search Engines Look For When Ranking Your Site by Sapiosexuality(m): 11:31am On Dec 24, 2017
pabostt:

Lol... alexa ranking, hmm..... Your number of daily visitors and daily views must be in millions to surpass those already occupying the positions.
What if I redirect traffic from Nairaland, LindaIkeji and Vanguard traffic to my blog for a month? wink
Re: SEO: What Search Engines Look For When Ranking Your Site by Nobody: 1:06pm On Dec 24, 2017
smiley

(1) (Reply)

How To Build A Successful Online Brand With Blogging - Naijatechguy / Google Approved My Adsense Application:::: 1month Website / Daily Independent Website Suspended By CoreNetHosting For "Server Overload"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.