Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,146 members, 7,780,083 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:26 AM

jraushub Is Recruiting An Administrative Assistant - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / jraushub Is Recruiting An Administrative Assistant (2846 Views)

Vacancy: Recruiting An Accountant For A HSE Firm In Lekki / We Are Recruiting An Office Account Manager / Infinix Nigeria Is Recruiting an Internship Moderators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

jraushub Is Recruiting An Administrative Assistant by JARUSHUB: 7:17pm On Dec 23, 2017
jraushub is a fast-growing startup with focus on human capacity development and general internet interests.

We’re looking for an administrative assistant.

DUTIES

The duties of jraushub Administrative Assistant are outlined below:

1. Attending to inquiries by clients and customers both online and offline

2. Exploring online and offline mediums to drive traffic to our websites, jraushub.com, Opinions.ng and HotProForum.com

3. Managing our Facebook, twitter, Instagram and Nairaland pages/handles

4. Offline and online promotion of jraushub’s products and services

5. Creating awareness for and sourcing clients for jraushub Premium Services

6. Coordinating the logistics for events organized by the platform

7. Setting up office for trainings and other events

8. Replying comments and engaging readers on the websites

9. Updating the websites for any relevant information

10. Managing diaries/appointments of management

11. Day to day running of the office

12. Any other duty assigned by the management

QUALIFICATIONS
1. National Diploma (ND) or equivalent.

2. Proximity to Yaba will be an added advantage.

The Administrative Assistant works from our office at Alagomeji, Yaba, Lagos.

WORKING HOURS
Working hours shall be 9am – 4pm Mondays-Fridays. However, we are largely flexible and during off periods, you may not need to come to office at the discretion of the management. There may also be times when you will be required to come to work on Saturdays and/or Sundays, especially when we have training sessions which normally take place on weekends. However, under no circumstances shall we require you to come to work on Sundays before 11am. Where you work on a weekend, you will be given one or two days off in the following week.

Monthly Stipend
A monthly stipend of N15,000 will be paid. However, the candidate will benefit a lot from the exposure and learning associated with the job. It should be noted some of our former Assistants got permanent jobs in Access Bank and internship job in PwC respectively due to exposure they got working with us. Operating expenses are covered by the company.

How to Apply
Interested applicants should forward their CV to jraushub@gmail.com

Application closes December 30, 2017. Shortlisted applicants will be invited for a chat few days after. Successful candidate will resume second week of January 2018.
Re: jraushub Is Recruiting An Administrative Assistant by BiafranBushBoy: 8:00pm On Dec 23, 2017
Jarus sef... wink cheesy

Since 2015, you never increase your salary scale?

Smh!!

Increase am, make I apply sharp sharp.

7 Likes

Re: jraushub Is Recruiting An Administrative Assistant by Nobody: 8:17pm On Dec 23, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:
Jarus sef... wink cheesy

Since 2015, you never increase your salary scale?

Smh!!

Increase am, make I apply sharp sharp.

Lol.

True o.

Economy don hard. cheesy

We will look into it.

3 Likes

Re: jraushub Is Recruiting An Administrative Assistant by BiafranBushBoy: 8:18pm On Dec 23, 2017
Jarus:

Lol.

True o.

Economy don hard. cheesy

We will look into it.

No wahala sha... Keep it up bro. You doing good.

1 Like

Re: jraushub Is Recruiting An Administrative Assistant by funkycutie(f): 9:52pm On Dec 23, 2017
18000 na minimum wage na...haba

1 Like

Re: jraushub Is Recruiting An Administrative Assistant by slam7000(m): 1:27am On Dec 24, 2017
N15,000 a month? To work mon-fri plus Saturdays and sundays sometimes!

Just out of curiosity, can someone actually survive on N20,000 in Nigeria?

No disrespect sir.

9 Likes

Re: jraushub Is Recruiting An Administrative Assistant by johnime: 5:01am On Dec 24, 2017
slam7000:

No disrespect sir.
cry
Re: jraushub Is Recruiting An Administrative Assistant by Gerrard59(m): 8:35am On Dec 24, 2017
slam7000:

No disrespect sir.

Most of the work will be done from home. Weekends come in during meetings and conferences the firm organises

1 Like

Re: jraushub Is Recruiting An Administrative Assistant by prettyboy5: 10:34am On Dec 24, 2017
Jarus you don't wanna change, 15k in Lagos when the person would spend almost the whole week working for you, no wonder you are always advertising the same vacancy always.

I commend you for always being blunt about the pay though, its better you always state it so people don't get deceived by a façade thinking they would be paid 150k at least coming from how you brag about having the 'best and respected' career coaching firm and all.

1 Like

Re: jraushub Is Recruiting An Administrative Assistant by prettyboy5: 10:36am On Dec 24, 2017
Gerrard59:

Most of the work will be done from home. Weekends come in during meetings and conferences the firm organises

Did you read this part?

"LOCATION:
The Administrative Assistant works from our office at Alagomeji, Yaba, Lagos."
Re: jraushub Is Recruiting An Administrative Assistant by Gerrard59(m): 10:46am On Dec 24, 2017
prettyboy5:

Did you read this part?

"LOCATION:
The Administrative Assistant works from our office at Alagomeji, Yaba, Lagos."

Not everyday.

prettyboy5:
Jarus you don't wanna change, 15k in Lagos when the person would spend almost the whole week working for you, no wonder you are always advertising the same vacancy always.

I commend you for always being blunt about the pay though, its better you always state it so people don't get deceived by a façade thinking they would be paid 150k at least coming from how you brag about having the 'best and respected' career coaching firm and all.

It's not bragging, it's a fact. Who does it better than jraushub?
Re: jraushub Is Recruiting An Administrative Assistant by Finstar: 11:02am On Dec 24, 2017
I nearly fainted when I saw that 15k.. Like seriously? shocked I'm a huge jarus fan, but mehn, that's too poor.. From the job description, I was honestly expecting a salary scale of N50k up.

Anyway, good luck sir.. I love your blog and I pray I attain that height soon..

1 Like

Re: jraushub Is Recruiting An Administrative Assistant by prettyboy5: 11:25am On Dec 24, 2017
Gerrard59:

Not everyday.

It's not bragging, it's a fact. Who does it better than jraushub?

Mr praise singer or should I say ass*licker, the best of the best don't pay peanuts, the best in every field pay high or at worst fairly above average, if 15k for working almost 6 days a week and living in Lagos is good pay to you then return to the gas chamber and detention camps in Germany you seem to be coming from.
Re: jraushub Is Recruiting An Administrative Assistant by Gerrard59(m): 11:37am On Dec 24, 2017
prettyboy5:

Mr praise singer or should I say ass*licker, the best of the best don't pay peanuts, the best in every field pay high or at worst fairly above average, if 15k for working almost 6 days a week and living in Lagos is good pay to you then return to the gas chamber and detention camps in Germany you seem to be coming from.

The best of the best - it's the best. No arguments about it. Question is: Should a company pay more than she can afford? If jraushub's revenue increases, the salaries of her staff will increase. However, we don't know how much she makes and as such cannot stipulate how much she should pay her staff.

Every company reserves the right to gauge how much she should pay her staff, which is commensurate to how much she generates as revenue. jraushub is not a charity organisation, then again, charity organisations will not spend more than they generate.

Businesses reserve the right to pay their staff what they believe is the best and appropriate in commensurate to how much she generates. Applicants on the other hand have the prerogative to apply for such positions.

Capitalism at its finest!
Re: jraushub Is Recruiting An Administrative Assistant by prettyboy5: 12:19pm On Dec 24, 2017
Gerrard59:

The best of the best - it's the best. No arguments about it. Question is: Should a company pay more than she can afford? If jraushub's revenue increases, the salaries of her staff will increase. However, we don't know how much she makes and as such cannot stipulate how much she should pay her staff.

Every company reserves the right to gauge how much she should pay her staff, which is commensurate to how much she generates as revenue. jraushub is not a charity organisation, then again, charity organisations will not spend more than they generate.

Businesses reserve the right to pay their staff what they believe is the best and appropriate in commensurate to how much she generates. Applicants on the other hand have the prerogative to apply for such positions.

Capitalism at its finest!

Look here, quit your epistle and fictitious explanations, you cannot claim to be best and be overly malnourished in regards staff welfare, the best companies in the world pay good or above average because they make good money, and they make money because customers know they are best and hence patronize them accordingly, the firm you are praise-singing for, what's their excuse? Not having much customer base eh? And they are the best?

And quit the capitalist gibberish you are saying to justify crap, so you think the word "capitalism" is not known to other good paying or averagely paying firms that are the best in their fields?

No one who is competent in doing all these duties would take 15k a month while working full time in Lagos. I expect Jarus as always come here to talk about how the position opens the candidate to how to get other high paying jobs and what not, are you employing someone to handle your administrative tasks or someone you are tutoring on getting better jobs?

Well, I'm not surprised, all you get from Nigerian one man firms like this is just plenty big talk and bragging, enslavement of staff and focus only on their personal financial gains, its so funny you are talking about capitalism, I laugh! Even the Americans that are the kings of capitalism would laugh at what you are justifying and defending.

12 Likes

Re: jraushub Is Recruiting An Administrative Assistant by Gerrard59(m): 12:44pm On Dec 24, 2017
prettyboy5:

Look here, quit your epistle and fictitious explanations, you cannot claim to be best and be overly malnourished in regards staff welfare, the best companies in the world pay good or above average because they make good money, and they make money because customers know they are best and hence patronize them accordingly, the firm you are praise-singing for, what's their excuse? Not having much customer base eh? And they are the best?

And quit the capitalist gibberish you are saying to justify crap, so you think the word "capitalism" is not known to other good paying or averagely paying firms that are the best in their fields?

No one who is competent in doing all these duties would take 15k a month while working full time in Lagos. I expect Jarus as always come here to talk about how the position opens the candidate to how to get other high paying jobs and what not, are you employing someone to handle your administrative tasks or someone you are tutoring on getting better jobs?

Well, I'm not surprised, all you get from Nigerian one man firms like this is just plenty big talk and bragging, enslavement of staff and focus only on their personal financial gains, its so funny you are talking about capitalism, I laugh! Even the Americans that are the kings of capitalism would laugh at what you are justifying and defending.

Funny enough, you wrote an epistle, I did not.

You know the good thing about this thread and vacancy? Applicants have the prerogative to apply or not.

Use it!
Re: jraushub Is Recruiting An Administrative Assistant by Finstar: 12:52pm On Dec 24, 2017
prettyboy5

It's okay boss. Any applicant who feels comfortable with that amount will apply. Although I expected more from jarus, but on the other hand, we don't know how much she earns hence, the right amount to pay her staff.
Re: jraushub Is Recruiting An Administrative Assistant by Nobody: 1:05pm On Dec 24, 2017
Finstar:
I nearly fainted when I saw that 15k.. Like seriously? shocked I'm a huge jarus fan, but mehn, that's too poor.. From the job description, I was honestly expecting a salary scale of N50k up.

Anyway, good luck sir.. I love your blog and I pray I attain that height soon..

Thanks bro.

1 Like

Re: jraushub Is Recruiting An Administrative Assistant by prettyboy5: 1:10pm On Dec 24, 2017
Gerrard59:

Funny enough, you wrote an epistle, I did not.

You know the good thing about this thread and vacancy? Applicants have the prerogative to apply or not.

Use it!

Dude I'm not comparing if you wrote an epistle or if I didn't, I only asked you to quit writing your epistle to defend what you know nothing about, using capitalism gimmicks and all to buttress your point, and yes I wrote an epistle to put you in your place! The best of the best bragging and all to justify enslavement doesn't correlate.

Mind you, Nairaland is not just a job vacancy posting website, its a forum for discussions, so its not only applicants who have a right to talk about a vacancy, as long as you post content here, its open for discussion, so in case you misplaced your objectivity in accepting opinions of others, go and retrieve it and use it!

6 Likes

Re: jraushub Is Recruiting An Administrative Assistant by prettyboy5: 1:12pm On Dec 24, 2017
Finstar:
prettyboy5

It's okay boss. Any applicant who feels comfortable with that amount will apply. Although I expected more from jarus, but on the other hand, we don't know how much she earns hence, the right amount to pay her staff.

You have spoken well, but I'm only expressing my opinion concerning this as others have expressed as well.
Re: jraushub Is Recruiting An Administrative Assistant by Nobody: 1:21pm On Dec 24, 2017
As indicated in this post, we normally prefer someone that lives in Yaba, probably trekkable distance from our office.

We advertise every year because our Assistants are more like interns. We are not looking for permanent employee - we prefer someone that wants to use us as stop-gap before continuing education (going for HND or DE after ND) or waiting for NYSC.

We do not have the capacity to employ full employee yet.

We make an average of 50k per month. We have other bills to pay (fuel, PHCN, water, office stationery, internet data, annual rent etc), there is no way we can exhaust all our revenue on Admin Assistant pay only. We can only pay what we can afford.

3 Likes

Re: jraushub Is Recruiting An Administrative Assistant by phabulous88(m): 1:33pm On Dec 24, 2017
N15,000 per month? That's about N650/day and N80/hour... We are our own problem!

How about pension and healthcare..?

undecided
Re: jraushub Is Recruiting An Administrative Assistant by databoy247(m): 1:40pm On Dec 24, 2017
Jarus:
As indicated in this post, we normally prefer someone that lives in Yaba, probably trekkable distance from our office.

We advertise every year because our Assistants are more like interns. We are not looking for permanent employee - we prefer someone that wants to use us as stop-gap before continuing education (going for HND or DE after ND) or waiting for NYSC.

We make an average of 50k per month. We have other bills to pay (fuel, PHCN, water, office stationery, internet data, annual rent etc), there is no way we can exhaust all our revenue on Admin Assistant pay only. We can only pay what we can afford.

I think the position is misleading. It should be "intern", not "administrative assistant". Many may not understand that its an intern you need.

On this note, I think N15,000 stipend for an intern living in a close proximity is fairly OK.

Better than working as sales rep in a boutique for the same pay.

On the other hand, why don't you recruit NYSC corp members? You can get 2 of them and pay them stipends of N7,500 each ( in addition to their allowee).

My2cents.
Re: jraushub Is Recruiting An Administrative Assistant by Nobody: 1:46pm On Dec 24, 2017
Jarus:

Better spend this money. We just watched Linda ikeji on CNN. We also want to see Sura on CNN with British accent and clips of people giving Jarus hub testimony. grin
Re: jraushub Is Recruiting An Administrative Assistant by Nobody: 4:10am On Dec 26, 2017
oyb:

Better spend this money. We just watched Linda ikeji on CNN. We also want to see Sura on CNN with British accent and clips of people giving Jarus hub testimony. grin

cheesy we will get there.
Re: jraushub Is Recruiting An Administrative Assistant by Emmaesty(f): 6:12am On Dec 28, 2017
databoy247:

I think the position is misleading. It should be "intern", not "administrative assistant". Many may not understand that its an intern you need.

On this note, I think N15,000 stipend for an intern living in a close proximity is fairly OK.

Better than working as sales rep in a boutique for the same pay.

On the other hand, why don't you recruit NYSC corp members? You can get 2 of them and pay them stipends of N7,500 each ( in addition to their allowee).

My2cents.
It's wrong of you to offer Lagos corps members 7500 as stipends. It just shows that you don't value them and just want to use them.

(1) (Reply)

Retail Store And Packaging Supervisor Wanted - N55k - N60k Per Month / IROKO TV Entry-level Customer Service Reps Recruitment 2018 (300 Positions) / Kscoe Gidan Waya Academic And Non-academic Staff Recruitment 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.