Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,993 members, 7,799,417 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:45 PM

Facebook Adds Face Recognition Feature Which Notify Users When They Are Spotted - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Facebook Adds Face Recognition Feature Which Notify Users When They Are Spotted (13221 Views)

New Update Whatsapp Android Allows Users To Notify Contacts When They Change The / Facebook Adds Face Recognition Feature Which Notify Users When They Are Spotted / Facebook Now Notify You When You Appear In Someone's Picture, Check It Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Facebook Adds Face Recognition Feature Which Notify Users When They Are Spotted by Nobody: 7:54am On Dec 24, 2017
Some guys up there shouting bad market for scammers up and down, majority of them are into it ooo
Re: Facebook Adds Face Recognition Feature Which Notify Users When They Are Spotted by QTEST007(m): 7:58am On Dec 24, 2017
Okay o, no more Facebook work for yahoo guys.
Bravo

meanwhile,some people go get notifications tire.
Re: Facebook Adds Face Recognition Feature Which Notify Users When They Are Spotted by dominique(f): 8:09am On Dec 24, 2017
This will go a long way in curbing a lot of scamming on Facebook
Re: Facebook Adds Face Recognition Feature Which Notify Users When They Are Spotted by Nobody: 8:16am On Dec 24, 2017
sKeetz:
Which kind wahala be this
G boy spottedgrin
Re: Facebook Adds Face Recognition Feature Which Notify Users When They Are Spotted by Archmage(m): 8:21am On Dec 24, 2017
surveillance gets way easier as people will feed intelligence agencies data in the name of having fun and sharing Thier daily lives with their loved one.... welcome to 1984

1 Like

Re: Facebook Adds Face Recognition Feature Which Notify Users When They Are Spotted by Vacora(m): 8:22am On Dec 24, 2017
It is a slippery slope from here on for privacy and what stops the goverment from monitoring your every move or FB passing your information to unscrupulous individuals. Just my thoughts. I am all for technological advances to help humanity.
Re: Facebook Adds Face Recognition Feature Which Notify Users When They Are Spotted by Reediano(m): 8:23am On Dec 24, 2017
Vacora:
It is a slippery slope from here on for privacy and what stops the goverment from monitoring your every move or FB passing your information to unscrupulous individuals. Just my thoughts. I am all for technological advances to help humanity.

Maybe that's the reason Europe and Canada doesn't support it

2 Likes

Re: Facebook Adds Face Recognition Feature Which Notify Users When They Are Spotted by chiteny(m): 8:48am On Dec 24, 2017
Step by step we are getting there. SINGULARITY. Mark of the Beast.
Re: Facebook Adds Face Recognition Feature Which Notify Users When They Are Spotted by jibs4lv(m): 9:19am On Dec 24, 2017
sKeetz:
Which kind wahala be this

must you cry ontop everything undecided cry cry baby shocked
Re: Facebook Adds Face Recognition Feature Which Notify Users When They Are Spotted by tunary(m): 9:26am On Dec 24, 2017
One door close another door open
Re: Facebook Adds Face Recognition Feature Which Notify Users When They Are Spotted by Vacora(m): 9:42am On Dec 24, 2017
Reediano:

Maybe that's the reason Europe and Canada doesn't support it

You are right. I knew they tried using facial recognition at NHC in London awhile back but the idea was muted do to privacy concerns. With the push for internet neutrality by the US, our privacy is slowly eroding away.
Re: Facebook Adds Face Recognition Feature Which Notify Users When They Are Spotted by Joey6: 10:49am On Dec 24, 2017
Instagram still dey sha
bonifieldstun:
my broda na correct bad market be this o
Re: Facebook Adds Face Recognition Feature Which Notify Users When They Are Spotted by tunde37(m): 10:55am On Dec 24, 2017
there is fire on the mountain. wahala dey oh
Re: Facebook Adds Face Recognition Feature Which Notify Users When They Are Spotted by Elanstechi: 11:58am On Dec 24, 2017
yeyerolling:
Scammers wont lik this. Those using american marines, custom officers and fine gals pics to scam see una life
there will always be a way out
Re: Facebook Adds Face Recognition Feature Which Notify Users When They Are Spotted by kogs(m): 12:32pm On Dec 24, 2017
Hmmmmmm what of the people that are not on facebook but pple still use their face
Re: Facebook Adds Face Recognition Feature Which Notify Users When They Are Spotted by kogs(m): 12:33pm On Dec 24, 2017
Elanstechi:
there will always be a way out
are you one of them
Re: Facebook Adds Face Recognition Feature Which Notify Users When They Are Spotted by Miniano: 12:35pm On Dec 24, 2017
Baaad market ���
Re: Facebook Adds Face Recognition Feature Which Notify Users When They Are Spotted by Raheemzzy99: 12:39pm On Dec 24, 2017
full light in durumi 2 Abuja, here so if u need fuel I will sale the one in my generator for...
Re: Facebook Adds Face Recognition Feature Which Notify Users When They Are Spotted by Nobody: 12:45pm On Dec 24, 2017
smiley
Re: Facebook Adds Face Recognition Feature Which Notify Users When They Are Spotted by Respect55(m): 1:57pm On Dec 24, 2017
Pls how do one enable this feature?
Re: Facebook Adds Face Recognition Feature Which Notify Users When They Are Spotted by dermmy(m): 3:41pm On Dec 24, 2017
False positive alert will be many coz it can't be 100% effective.
Re: Facebook Adds Face Recognition Feature Which Notify Users When They Are Spotted by dermmy(m): 3:43pm On Dec 24, 2017
kogs:
Hmmmmmm what of the people that are not on facebook but pple still use their face

Exactly. I've tot about that too and even those who are using the pictures of celebrities that are not on FB, that mean fb would always alert fake Rihana who is a Nigerian. Lol
Re: Facebook Adds Face Recognition Feature Which Notify Users When They Are Spotted by Fezzolee: 3:53pm On Dec 24, 2017
Lol i laugh, no worry, Nigerian boys? Them go hack am as soon as possible LOL FORGET THAT THING
yeyerolling:
Scammers wont lik this. Those using american marines, custom officers and fine gals pics to scam see una life
Re: Facebook Adds Face Recognition Feature Which Notify Users When They Are Spotted by Reediano(m): 7:23pm On Dec 24, 2017
Vacora:

You are right. I knew they tried using facial recognition at NHC in London awhile back but the idea was muted do to privacy concerns. With the push for internet neutrality by the US, our privacy is slowly eroding away.

Which is a big problem

(1) (2) (Reply)

Skills We’ve Lost Due To Smartphones & Ways To Get Them Back. / Advantages And Disadvantages Of Rooting An Android Phone / 5G License Auction: MTN, Airtel, Mafab Head Into 5th Round As Price hits $215m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.