Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,465 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:21 PM

Don't Bother Getting A Total Card To Escape The Fuel Queues - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Don't Bother Getting A Total Card To Escape The Fuel Queues (2154 Views)

See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! / How To Check The Fuel Guage To Ensure It's Still Working / A Useful Way To Tell Which Side Of Your Car The Fuel Cap Is Located (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't Bother Getting A Total Card To Escape The Fuel Queues by Piyke: 7:54pm On Dec 23, 2017
Total waste of time!

After all the heaven and earth promises by the dispenser the last time I was at a Total filling station to get petrol; including no need to queue when there's scarcity, I returned to same station today for the preferential treatment and was told "you have Total Card and so?"

Just posting this so you don't fall for the lies.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Bother Getting A Total Card To Escape The Fuel Queues by Somatic(m): 9:03pm On Dec 23, 2017
Pele. Marketing gimmick I guess. Or they were overwhelmed by the pressure of the queues. Tho if that was the manner of approach used in dismissing you, it smacks of poor customer service.
Re: Don't Bother Getting A Total Card To Escape The Fuel Queues by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:11pm On Dec 23, 2017
cc ogunvic41, romeo3
Re: Don't Bother Getting A Total Card To Escape The Fuel Queues by bravolad(m): 4:43am On Dec 24, 2017
Piyke:
Total waste of time!

After all the heaven and earth promises by the dispenser the last time I was at a Total filling station to get petrol; including no need to queue when there's scarcity, I returned to same station today for the preferential treatment and was told "you have Total Card and so?"

Just posting this so you don't fall for the lies.

Well, different strokes for different folks, I guess. I do also guess you got such a response from the miscreants who also pose as their staff just to make to collect money from motorists who are not in line in other to let them in. Though the do this in collaboration with the Total staff. I don't think Total staff will talk to you like that.

Personally, I don't have the Total card but I have seen them several times asking customers with their cards to queue up through the exit gate at least in Abuja.

Fortunately, I have bought fuel from this station a couple of time in the last 2 days even with the very long stretch of queues without much hastle & that's if you know how to go about it, even though their meter is not accurate, but again, there's scarcity and who cares...?

You may need to report to the station manager to see if they can offer some kind of compensation to you.

1 Like

Re: Don't Bother Getting A Total Card To Escape The Fuel Queues by Piyke: 12:13pm On Dec 24, 2017
bravolad:

Well, different strokes for different folks, I guess. I do also guess you got such a response from the miscreants who also pose as their staff just to make to collect money from motorists who are not in line in other to let them in. Though the do this in collaboration with the Total staff. I don't think Total staff will talk to you like that.

Personally, I don't have the Total card but I have seen them several times asking customers with their cards to queue up through the exit gate at least in Abuja.

Fortunately, I have bought fuel from this station a couple of time in the last 2 days even with the very long stretch of queues without much hastle & that's if you know how to go about it, even though their meter is not accurate, but again, there's scarcity and who cares...?

You may need to report to the station manager to see if they can offer some kind of compensation to you.

My brother, I visited 2 Total stations on that day before I opened this thread. I met both station Managers and their responses were not different from those of the attendants.
Re: Don't Bother Getting A Total Card To Escape The Fuel Queues by bravolad(m): 12:23pm On Dec 24, 2017
Piyke:

My brother, I visited 2 Total stations on that day before I opened this thread. I met both station Managers and their responses were not different from those of the attendants.

Wow! That's a poor customer service then. Perhaps, they truly are not what they preach. But priority should be given to these customers.

It also goes to show the terribly poor customer service inherent in our system. Personally, I don't buy fuel at Total because they are fraudulent. The only station I have spent 11,200 to fill up Toyota camry tank.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Bother Getting A Total Card To Escape The Fuel Queues by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:28pm On Dec 24, 2017
bravolad:

Wow! That's a poor customer service then. Perhaps, they truly are not what they preach. But priority should be given to these customers.

It also goes to show the terribly poor customer service inherent in our system. Personally, I don't buy fuel at Total because they are fraudulent. The only station I have spent 11,200 to fill up Toyota camry tank.

77.24liters, did you push the car to the pump? grin

4 Likes

Re: Don't Bother Getting A Total Card To Escape The Fuel Queues by Piyke: 1:18pm On Dec 24, 2017
bravolad:

That's the typical thing a lot of attendants do; won't wipe sale from previous customer. They just pocket the difference

1 Like

Re: Don't Bother Getting A Total Card To Escape The Fuel Queues by bravolad(m): 9:18pm On Dec 24, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

77.24liters, did you push the car to the pump? grin

My dear, it was the same questions I asked the pump attendant & the surprising thing is that the tank capacity is 75 litres. I was extremely angry & disappointed but as I said, I have no choice under the current scarcity.

But for the scarcity, I don't buy fuel from Total.

1 Like

Re: Don't Bother Getting A Total Card To Escape The Fuel Queues by bravolad(m): 9:24pm On Dec 24, 2017
Piyke:

That's the typical thing a lot of attendants do; won't wipe sale from previous customer. They just pocket the difference

Amazingly, the pump was at 00 before he started serving me. While I was haggling over the price, those behind me were hounding me over time wasting. I paid in annoyance & drove off. My wife has also has a similar experience & swore never to buy from them again. Several other people have also complained to my hearing about them. I think it's some kind of metre adjustment. It's consistent with most of their stations.

1 Like

Re: Don't Bother Getting A Total Card To Escape The Fuel Queues by helpishere(m): 9:49pm On Dec 24, 2017
Total, anytime and day. Always fraudulent. There was a guy with Total card this evening at Toyin in Ikeja. They turned him away and refused him entry until they stopped selling and told him to come tomorrow. I just got 25 litres at Sherston and I believe that there will be fuel all night though the meter is suspicious

(1) (Reply)

Brent Tricycle #500000 / Help My 2004 Avalon / LEXUS GX 470 2004 Back Axile Keeps Going Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.