Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,746 members, 7,802,278 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:53 AM

Yuletide: ATMs Frustrate Customers In Jos, Fail To Dispense Cash - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Yuletide: ATMs Frustrate Customers In Jos, Fail To Dispense Cash (11714 Views)

Banks Lose Over N1bn As Hoodlums Wreck ATMs, Branches / Man Spotted Seriously Praying For An Atm Machine To Dispense Out His Money(Pics) / NLC Strike! Long Queues At Atms As Customers Make Panic Withdrawals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yuletide: ATMs Frustrate Customers In Jos, Fail To Dispense Cash by FastestTech(m): 8:18pm On Dec 23, 2017
Residents of Jos on Saturday decried the poor services by banks as many automated teller machines (ATM) in the metropolis failed to dispense cash to frustrated customers on long queues.

Some of the stranded customers, who spoke with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Jos, expressed disappointment at the failure of many bank ATMs to dispense cash.

NAN observed that no fewer than 20 customers were seen clustering round various ATM points waiting to withdraw money.

The bank customers attributed the inability of many of the ATMs machines to dispense cash to network problem and accused bank managements of inadequate arrangements to avert the situation.

Mr Alfred Ibrahim, a businessman, said he was on the ATM queue at Beach road in Jos North for more than four hours, lamenting that most of the ATMs were not working.

He said that bank managements were aware of the usual bottlenecks at the ATM points during festive periods and ought to have made good provision for easy access to withdrawals.

“I was expecting the banks to make adequate preparations for this season but out of five machines in a bank, none is even dispensing cash; that is why there are longer queues where they are operational,” he explained.

Mr Chijioke Okpara, a civil servant, said he went to the ATM at Stefans Rayfield at about 5 a.m. and still met bdozens of people on the queue.

“I went to the ATM around 5 a.m. and left around 8.45 a.m. I just wonder why banks would not ensure all their machines are working and have enough cash, “he said.
Mrs Josephine Dawak, a civil servant, told NAN at an ATM at Secretariat Junction in Jos South that the banks were making deliberate efforts to reduce spending during the Yuletide season.

“They tell us if you are not withdrawing above N100,000, do not come to the banking hall, yet they are hoarding money for the machines when they should all be operational, ” she said.
Mr Ibrahim Isa, who was on transit to another local government, said he had visited several ATMs and was unable to withdraw money due to the long queues.

““I am stranded now for lack of funds to continue my journey, I am coming from Abuja going to Mangu Local Government Area, I have been on my feet without food for more than four hours.
“I came to Terminus, thinking it would be easier but to my dismay, the crowd here is intimidating, you cannot be allowed to withdraw for emergency reasons because everyone is tired of standing, “he said.
NAN reports that many customers blamed bank managements for not adequately stuffing their ATMs with enough cash during the festive period.

“Bank officials knew well that cash is always in high demand during this time and more so salaries have just been paid, so they should have made enough cash available at ATMs,” said a bank customer.
All efforts by NAN to speak with officials of the various banks proved abortive as they all refused to comment.

See more At https://www.brainnewsradio.com/yuletide-atms-frustrate-customers-in-jos-fail-to-dispense-cash/

Re: Yuletide: ATMs Frustrate Customers In Jos, Fail To Dispense Cash by FastestTech(m): 8:19pm On Dec 23, 2017
cc: Lalasticlala
Re: Yuletide: ATMs Frustrate Customers In Jos, Fail To Dispense Cash by MrHistorian: 10:05pm On Dec 23, 2017
That was how I had dispense error at exactly 5:30pm on Friday
. . . My account was debited despite the ATM machine not dispensing.

I almost died. . .

No work on Saturday.

Public holiday on Monday and Tuesday.

11 Likes

Re: Yuletide: ATMs Frustrate Customers In Jos, Fail To Dispense Cash by victorazyvictor(m): 10:07pm On Dec 23, 2017
grin grin grin jungle don mature. the movie is getting interested. am loving this.
Re: Yuletide: ATMs Frustrate Customers In Jos, Fail To Dispense Cash by millionboi2: 10:07pm On Dec 23, 2017
WELCOME TO NIGERIA!

Where u will suffer to make money and still suffer to access it.

#Dia was a country.

8 Likes

Re: Yuletide: ATMs Frustrate Customers In Jos, Fail To Dispense Cash by edlion57(m): 10:07pm On Dec 23, 2017
Am in support of selling this country to the highest bidder....who is with me

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yuletide: ATMs Frustrate Customers In Jos, Fail To Dispense Cash by mrborntodoit: 10:08pm On Dec 23, 2017
Well deserved situation.

By 2019,most of you would be easy to shove around by toddlers due to hunger, too weak to go and vote out the dullard grin

Most people thought they were doing Gej, see una life ?

7 Likes

Re: Yuletide: ATMs Frustrate Customers In Jos, Fail To Dispense Cash by oxaxcool(m): 10:08pm On Dec 23, 2017
Re: Yuletide: ATMs Frustrate Customers In Jos, Fail To Dispense Cash by Tascom236(m): 10:08pm On Dec 23, 2017
I thinks it's time the populace conjure and go against all this unregulated banking system and go back to the best, perfect and most secure method of keeping our money in Graveyards, Water storexs, Suckaway where we will be able to have easy to our money and not queing to get our hard earned money.

P.S....Dont thank me for the pricesless idea, just a concerned Nigerian.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yuletide: ATMs Frustrate Customers In Jos, Fail To Dispense Cash by oxaxcool(m): 10:08pm On Dec 23, 2017
Re: Yuletide: ATMs Frustrate Customers In Jos, Fail To Dispense Cash by victorazyvictor(m): 10:08pm On Dec 23, 2017
edlion57:
F

For Buhari

3 Likes

Re: Yuletide: ATMs Frustrate Customers In Jos, Fail To Dispense Cash by kayceshow(m): 10:08pm On Dec 23, 2017
naija bank

Re: Yuletide: ATMs Frustrate Customers In Jos, Fail To Dispense Cash by Nobody: 10:08pm On Dec 23, 2017
In one Access bank, we queued for so long that we began talking about so many things.
Some spoke against Nigerian pastors and others like us backed them up.
We discussed at length, Marriage and other very interesting topics.

After queueing for like 2 hours. The ATM stopped paying, I left for another bank a new topic about the silly attitudes of banks in December... It stopped paying and we finally departed to the last bank where we were paid.

I believe these banks know what they are doing.

11 Likes

Re: Yuletide: ATMs Frustrate Customers In Jos, Fail To Dispense Cash by Nonnyflex(m): 10:09pm On Dec 23, 2017
20 customers are seen in ur ATM's and u are complaining... If other states tell u their scores.. chaiiii... We really entered one chance

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yuletide: ATMs Frustrate Customers In Jos, Fail To Dispense Cash by BuhariNaWah: 10:09pm On Dec 23, 2017
This Buhari sef na wah

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yuletide: ATMs Frustrate Customers In Jos, Fail To Dispense Cash by nkwuocha: 10:09pm On Dec 23, 2017
Worst Xmas ever...I think.
Re: Yuletide: ATMs Frustrate Customers In Jos, Fail To Dispense Cash by oxaxcool(m): 10:09pm On Dec 23, 2017
Re: Yuletide: ATMs Frustrate Customers In Jos, Fail To Dispense Cash by justus7: 10:09pm On Dec 23, 2017
Nija sef...... u wan buy petrol dat 1 na problem
u wan withdraw your money.... nsogbu
Where are we heading to....
the amount of energy we burst just to withdraw my OWN money z more than the energy I used to struggle get d money sef.........

1 Like

Re: Yuletide: ATMs Frustrate Customers In Jos, Fail To Dispense Cash by otokx(m): 10:10pm On Dec 23, 2017
He misses Fela
Re: Yuletide: ATMs Frustrate Customers In Jos, Fail To Dispense Cash by Angy55(f): 10:10pm On Dec 23, 2017
It's normal during festive period, especially when it's a day or two to Christmas.
Re: Yuletide: ATMs Frustrate Customers In Jos, Fail To Dispense Cash by Nobody: 10:10pm On Dec 23, 2017
I hope say I never enter yawa as I dey so.

Na 1k cash dey with me.

Oluwa mi o

2 Likes

Re: Yuletide: ATMs Frustrate Customers In Jos, Fail To Dispense Cash by Kennyxton: 10:10pm On Dec 23, 2017
Why can't people plan early? Must you wait for the 11th hour?

Exception to late arrival of funds (anyways)

3 Likes

Re: Yuletide: ATMs Frustrate Customers In Jos, Fail To Dispense Cash by LadyNaija(f): 10:11pm On Dec 23, 2017
Re: Yuletide: ATMs Frustrate Customers In Jos, Fail To Dispense Cash by thickmass: 10:11pm On Dec 23, 2017
grin
MrHistorian:

I almost died. . .

No work on Saturday.

grin
MrHistorian:

I almost died. . .

No work on Saturday.

Re: Yuletide: ATMs Frustrate Customers In Jos, Fail To Dispense Cash by Offpoint: 10:11pm On Dec 23, 2017
you'll see 24/7 written boldly on all of Nigeria ATM boot, but the sh*t barely works 2hours a day. let's just place Nigeria on OLX please.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yuletide: ATMs Frustrate Customers In Jos, Fail To Dispense Cash by Nazzyauri(m): 10:11pm On Dec 23, 2017
Buhari self
Re: Yuletide: ATMs Frustrate Customers In Jos, Fail To Dispense Cash by Lukgaf(m): 10:13pm On Dec 23, 2017
Na every bank. Almost all banks in oyo re not dispensing
Re: Yuletide: ATMs Frustrate Customers In Jos, Fail To Dispense Cash by muller101(m): 10:14pm On Dec 23, 2017
edlion57:
Am in support of selling this country to the highest bidder....who is with me
sell? Which country will buy. Togo should just come and adopt the country

1 Like

Re: Yuletide: ATMs Frustrate Customers In Jos, Fail To Dispense Cash by Nobody: 10:17pm On Dec 23, 2017
the likes of nwachibuzor808 will blame buhari for this.
Re: Yuletide: ATMs Frustrate Customers In Jos, Fail To Dispense Cash by awa(m): 10:18pm On Dec 23, 2017
PH is the worst
Re: Yuletide: ATMs Frustrate Customers In Jos, Fail To Dispense Cash by johnstar(m): 10:20pm On Dec 23, 2017
Na wao

D country juz tire me
Re: Yuletide: ATMs Frustrate Customers In Jos, Fail To Dispense Cash by oshe111(m): 10:20pm On Dec 23, 2017
Been hapenin in WARRI sinx this WEEK....

The queue long reach for filling station

Mrs Nkechi was going to the market where she happened to meet Fr Patrick.

Fr Pat: "Hey you are Nkechi that I got you married in St Joseph" When I was posted there".

"Yes Father" Says Nkechi.

"How is your husband Eche and the little ones ?"

"Husband is fine But so far no children".

Fr. Pat: "Don't worry child I'm going to Rome next week will light a candle for you there."

"Thank you Fr. Pat."

After some years Fr. Pat happens to meet Nkechi again.

"So Nkechi how's everything and What about the little ones."

"Yes Fr I have had Three sets of twins and two singles Total 8 kids".

Fr Pat: Wonderful" Where is your husband I want to see him??

“Oh He's gone to Rome to blow off that candle".������ May God give you double blessings this season. I will see you in 2018

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sporry Info / Economic Crises Force 300% Rise In Food Prices / NCC Raids Bank, Others Over 9mobile’s Service Disruptions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.