Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,856 members, 7,802,743 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:34 PM

Is There Any Human Who Can Stage A Chim On One On One Battle - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Is There Any Human Who Can Stage A Chim On One On One Battle (528 Views)

See How PDP Members Fall Down On Stage / We'll Take Igbere Cultural Festival To Global Stage - Orji Kalu Vows / SEKI Dance Drama Live On Stage In Port Harcourt. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is There Any Human Who Can Stage A Chim On One On One Battle by gregyboy(m): 8:19pm On Dec 23, 2017
[/b]is there any human being alive that could battle a chim[b]

read comments here...

Is there a human being alive that could defeat an adult chimp in unarmed combat?

quora.com

Dec 14, 2017 7:15 AM

Kevin Rome

BS Electronics & Computer Engineering, The College and University Experience (1996)

27w ago

Yes! A well trained swimmer could probably defeat an adult chimp that has not learned to swim; as long as he/she can get to a body of water or swimming pool and assuming said chimp was naive enough to follow the person in.

Biologists have documented that some apes have learned to swim, but that took a long time to discover; despite the years of studying them. It likely means it's not common. Also, the only two cases caught on film[1] were raised by humans.

Footnotes

Hunter Johnson

Associate Professor at John Jay College of Criminal Justice (2008-present)

24w ago

My grandfather fought a chimpanzee at a county fair, probably in the 1940’s. The chimp was muzzled and perched on a swing, and the challenge was to pull the animal from the perch. This was in rural Alabama, and obviously many years before animal rights became a popular issue. I assume that the chimp was also wearing boxing gloves, because my grandfather is not disfigured, and we know from the Travis the Chimp encounter that chimpanzees are prone to clawing faces off.

My grandfather was 6′2″, an amateur boxer and a Navy veteran. (On the other hand he was almost certainly highly inebriated.) At any rate this is what happened: The chimpanzee easily threw him to the floor, put its foot in his mouth, and then began tugging at his upper skull, attempting to tear off his mandible. The carnival employee on duty somehow managed to stop him from succeeding, and my grandfather left sore and with a funny story.

Even muzzled and gloved, the animal would have easily killed my combat trained grandfather an a no holds barred encounter.

Incidentally I have heard other stories that compare the feeling of chimpanzee muscle tissue to wood. Their musculature is much more dense than ours. They have sharp teeth and powerful jaws. They have claws and finger strength capable of literally tearing off parts of our bodies. They are evolved to engage in combat with other primates who are much like us, but many times more dangerous (ie other chimps). You can never say never, but I don’t think any human has even the slightest chance.

Ilya Taytslin

27w ago

There is not a human in the world who could defeat a healthy adult chimp unarmed. But give a human (not even a champion athlete, just a fit adult) a stone-tipped spear and some training, and it is entirely different matter.

“Unarmed combat” is as unnatural for humans as “combat while drugged on muscle relaxants” is for chimps and gorillas. Oh, and singlecombat is also unnatural for humans (granted, for chimpanzees too).

This is NOT a natural state of human in the wild:

(1) (Reply)

Oba Of Benin Moves Against Human Traffickers, Cultists / Alaafin Trains With Larry The Boxer In London / THE SILENT VICTIM.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.