Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,989 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:40 AM

Harry Kane Equals Alan Shearer Record For Goals In A Calendar Year - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Harry Kane Equals Alan Shearer Record For Goals In A Calendar Year (861 Views)

EPL: Alan Shearer Names Ronaldo, Jay-jay Okocha, Hazard In His Ultimate Ballers / Alan Shearer: I Am Not So Sure Arsenal Will Escape Relegation This Season / Pogba Should Not Have Gone To Greet The Fans - Shearer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Harry Kane Equals Alan Shearer Record For Goals In A Calendar Year by itzblessed: 11:07pm On Dec 23, 2017
Tottenham striker Harry Kane hit a hat trick at Burnley to equal Alan Shearer's record of 36 Premier League goals in a calendar year from 1995.

Kane has hit 36 league goals in 2017; 53 goals for club and country in 2017. Saturday's hat trick was also his seventh in the year.

The England international took 34 games to get to the record, while Shearer did so in 42 games for Blackburn. And Kane can still break the mark in the next week.

And his Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino said he is running out of words to praise Kane.

"I have to congratulate Harry, 36 goals, he has the same record that Alan achieved,'' Pochettino said. "He is such an important player. I always praise him during three-and-a-half years in charge because not only with goals, but with his attitude, professionalism, ethics, how we works on the pitch is fantastic.... <<< read more >>> @ www.galatixnews.com

(1) (Reply)

Ronaldo: Sell Me For £89m As He Want A Move Away From Real Madrid / TOP 10 Highest Paid Youngsters In The World Of Football [2018] / Alex Iwobi Of Arsenal Caught Partying Night Before Arsenal's FA Cup Defeat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.