Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,022 members, 7,807,003 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:27 AM

Christmas Is An Abomination & A Blasphemous Pegan Festival - Reno Omokri - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christmas Is An Abomination & A Blasphemous Pegan Festival - Reno Omokri (30509 Views)

Chris Okotie: Social Distancing In Church Is Like Blasphemous Infidelity / Pastor Kumuyi: Women Who Wear Men’s Clothes Are An Abomination Unto God / It’s An Abomination To Call Your Husband By His Name Or Pet Name - Pastor Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christmas Is An Abomination & A Blasphemous Pegan Festival - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 11:56am On Dec 24, 2017
bobolizim:
moslems too should keep deceiving themselves. We know God uses people to propagate the message... The course for which many Christians died for ... The message of the gospel of Christ. That it had bane of political doing by the white doesnt change the potency of the gospel of Christ that has power to save.

This is not hear say, I have witnessed the power of God. Come , I will tell you history of your life.

Why bring Muslims into This?

Tell him the history of his life when you can't clearly see he's an atheist?

Lol! Power of stupidity is more like it.

4 Likes

Re: Christmas Is An Abomination & A Blasphemous Pegan Festival - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 11:56am On Dec 24, 2017
bobolizim:
moslems too should keep deceiving themselves. We know God uses people to propagate the message... The course for which many Christians died for ... The message of the gospel of Christ. That it had bane of political doing by the white doesnt change the potency of the gospel of Christ that has power to save.

This is not hear say, I have witnessed the power of God. Come , I will tell you history of your life.
you sound psychotic to me grin, tell me the history of my life.
Re: Christmas Is An Abomination & A Blasphemous Pegan Festival - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 11:57am On Dec 24, 2017
mikelbewise:
The same way Arab brought Islam to Africa through slavery.

quote author=plessis post=63562134]Christians should continue deceiving themselves.

You're telling me that, after the white man raped our ancestors and took over 15 million Africans across the Atlantic for slavery, they repented and gave you a book that can give you eternal life when he wouldn't even freely give you visa to his country?....

Wake up black man...

Why are you morons obsessed with Muslims? An atheist made a comment and you're attacking Muslims?

BTW. Islam didn't come through Africa through slavery. Go and read your history books.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christmas Is An Abomination & A Blasphemous Pegan Festival - Reno Omokri by enemyofprogress: 11:58am On Dec 24, 2017
Reno omokri, is it your Christmas? Person cannot celebrate Jesus and chop rice and shekin in peace again?

1 Like

Re: Christmas Is An Abomination & A Blasphemous Pegan Festival - Reno Omokri by Martin0(m): 11:58am On Dec 24, 2017
gypsey:
you sound psychotic to me grin, tell me the history of my life.

Hahahahahah na wa ooogringrin
Come o where be that @ dp
Re: Christmas Is An Abomination & A Blasphemous Pegan Festival - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 11:59am On Dec 24, 2017
The award for "Nigerian Attention Seeker of the Year 2017" is hotly contested. Who would you choose from;

1. Reno Omokri

2. Bobrisky

3. Daddy Freeze

Hard choice to make as they all argurably deserve the award
Re: Christmas Is An Abomination & A Blasphemous Pegan Festival - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 12:00pm On Dec 24, 2017
bobolizim:

is not about religion mate ........he does make a lot of sense
Re: Christmas Is An Abomination & A Blasphemous Pegan Festival - Reno Omokri by genuinechimere(m): 12:00pm On Dec 24, 2017
I don't trust politicians that quote scriptures
Re: Christmas Is An Abomination & A Blasphemous Pegan Festival - Reno Omokri by mikelbewise(m): 12:00pm On Dec 24, 2017
[Sorry bro, no attack on the Muslims here.
Re: Christmas Is An Abomination & A Blasphemous Pegan Festival - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 12:01pm On Dec 24, 2017
Raheemzee:
plain and bitter truth! christianity is a scam from the white man,a certain white man just woke up from his bed one merry morning and decides a day when christians should cook rice and wear new clothes and voila my people accepted...mtcheeeew!

wetin b my own sef? as far as i devour that my neighbor fat lapped turkey . no P
true talk! grin but what the heck! if it means i will make more money for selling my expired and unwanted goods making double profit on it also just because poeple feel the need to buy things they don't really need in the name of christmas? then bring it on! infact every should be chritmas!! ***laughing to the bank*** grin cheesy
Re: Christmas Is An Abomination & A Blasphemous Pegan Festival - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 12:02pm On Dec 24, 2017
Horlufemi:

Quote Bible, Stop Assertions!

he is giving u facts of events we all know happened.....the bible is assertions
Re: Christmas Is An Abomination & A Blasphemous Pegan Festival - Reno Omokri by bnovative(m): 12:02pm On Dec 24, 2017
Raymondfayowole:
What most of u all fail to understand is dat u dont worship God based on your own convinent..if u celebrate Christmas just because it is a combination of christ name, hav u ever wondered or researched on it if it is scriptural. The bible made it clear to us concerning the celebration of his death, that we are to celebrate his death evry first day of the week. Acts 20:7, I cor 11:23-26. we are to celebrate his death in remembrance of him every first day of the week.

The bible is silent concerning the date of his birth, anything the bible is silent on, we are to run away from it. Deut 29:29.

If Christ wanted us to celebrate his birth, when and how to celebrate it would be clearly stated in the bible cause the bible is the word of God.
So did christ die in April?
Re: Christmas Is An Abomination & A Blasphemous Pegan Festival - Reno Omokri by saintmark88(m): 12:03pm On Dec 24, 2017
Raymondfayowole:
What most of u all fail to understand is dat u dont worship God based on your own convinent..if u celebrate Christmas just because it is a combination of christ name, hav u ever wondered or researched on it if it is scriptural. The bible made it clear to us concerning the celebration of his death, that we are to celebrate his death evry first day of the week. Acts 20:7, I cor 11:23-26. we are to celebrate his death in remembrance of him every first day of the week.

The bible is silent concerning the date of his birth, anything the bible is silent on, we are to run away from it. Deut 29:29.

If Christ wanted us to celebrate his birth, when and how to celebrate it would be clearly stated in the bible cause the bible is the word of God.

Did d bible tell u d date Christ died??
Re: Christmas Is An Abomination & A Blasphemous Pegan Festival - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 12:03pm On Dec 24, 2017
AlderFadington:

Why are you morons obsessed with Muslims? An atheist made a comment and you're attacking Muslims?

BTW. Islam didn't come through Africa through slavery. Go and read your history books.

its not about religion .........ppl need to look and reason.......he is saying the truth
Re: Christmas Is An Abomination & A Blasphemous Pegan Festival - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 12:03pm On Dec 24, 2017
smiley
Re: Christmas Is An Abomination & A Blasphemous Pegan Festival - Reno Omokri by franzis(m): 12:04pm On Dec 24, 2017
dunkem21:
I like sound reasoning but all the Bible quotes didn't portray your arguments..

You want Christians to celebrate Easter but not Christmas yet you didn't back it up with a Bible verse.. Eccl 7:1 didn't say so.

The day Jesus was born, there was celebration galore that even the king ordered that every two year old male child down should be killed ..

..Remember the three wise men from the east that paid homage to the KING with Gold, myrrh and Francincense..

Allow us to celebrate Christmas bro, if 25th is not OK then suggest a better day for jollification, embibementation, solidification for national peace and Christmas.

I have terribly landed cool

please stop misquoting the Bible, no where in the Bible was it stated that 3 wise from the East , it was just wise men

1 Like

Re: Christmas Is An Abomination & A Blasphemous Pegan Festival - Reno Omokri by Martin0(m): 12:04pm On Dec 24, 2017
gypsey:
true talk! grin but what the heck! if it means i will make more money for selling my expired and unwanted goods making double profit on it also just because poeple feel the need to buy things they don't really need in the name of christmas? then bring it on! infact every should be chritmas!! ***laughing to the bank*** grin cheesy

Hahahahahgringringrin na wa oooogrin
Re: Christmas Is An Abomination & A Blasphemous Pegan Festival - Reno Omokri by iamjavadem(m): 12:05pm On Dec 24, 2017
Homeboiy:
your opinion reno
It’s not an opinion, it’s the truth but that should t stop people from celebrating it at whatever time they choose to. Make Reno park one corner jor!!!
Re: Christmas Is An Abomination & A Blasphemous Pegan Festival - Reno Omokri by ClitoPen: 12:05pm On Dec 24, 2017
Thank you. Leave it for us like that. At least it has a fixed date...
Make I go grind my tomatoes....
Re: Christmas Is An Abomination & A Blasphemous Pegan Festival - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 12:06pm On Dec 24, 2017
Martin0:

Hahahahahah na wa ooogringrin
Come o where be that @ dp
train station
Re: Christmas Is An Abomination & A Blasphemous Pegan Festival - Reno Omokri by Martin0(m): 12:08pm On Dec 24, 2017
gypsey:
train station
Oh ok,grin Go check my profile,e get something wey u go seegrin
Re: Christmas Is An Abomination & A Blasphemous Pegan Festival - Reno Omokri by Raymondfayowole(m): 12:09pm On Dec 24, 2017
bnovative:

So did christ die in April?

i celebrate Christ death every fist day of the week which is on sunday not in April
Re: Christmas Is An Abomination & A Blasphemous Pegan Festival - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 12:10pm On Dec 24, 2017
Martin0:

Oh ok,grin
Go check my profile,e get something wey u go seegrin
Okay! so you have finally got a woman and child, grin Good! you are growing up
Re: Christmas Is An Abomination & A Blasphemous Pegan Festival - Reno Omokri by Chetimah(m): 12:11pm On Dec 24, 2017
He needed the attention of the pastor like daddy freeze....naaa traffic he dey expect,@Renor or what is your name you just know this, this year Why don't you say something for the past 6 years or more than today? I beg go sleep and sniff more of your powder..
Re: Christmas Is An Abomination & A Blasphemous Pegan Festival - Reno Omokri by magaji700(m): 12:12pm On Dec 24, 2017
Christianity abolished paganism, but paganism corrupt Christianity. Simple as A,B,C grin grin shocked cool embarassed
Re: Christmas Is An Abomination & A Blasphemous Pegan Festival - Reno Omokri by Martin0(m): 12:12pm On Dec 24, 2017
gypsey:
Okay! so you have finally got a woman and child, grin Good! you are growing up

Hahahahah na wa for u oo,gringrin
That my ex (from SA)the baby belongs to my friend whom she's currently married togringrin
Re: Christmas Is An Abomination & A Blasphemous Pegan Festival - Reno Omokri by adahkennedy(m): 12:13pm On Dec 24, 2017
True........Reno
Very true
Satan is cunning and most people even use the season to fornicate and spend lavishly
I dont celebrate xmas but i celebrate christ in me
Re: Christmas Is An Abomination & A Blasphemous Pegan Festival - Reno Omokri by bnovative(m): 12:14pm On Dec 24, 2017
Raymondfayowole:

i celebrate Christ death every fist day of the week which is on sunday not in April
You mean you celebrate Easter every Sunday?
Re: Christmas Is An Abomination & A Blasphemous Pegan Festival - Reno Omokri by dollyptosh(m): 12:15pm On Dec 24, 2017
babablogger:

http://www.babasalami.com/2017/12/christmas-blasphemous-and-pegan-festival.html?m=1
I think Reno is a smart guy. Even though I disagree with his views on the previous administration.

1 Like

Re: Christmas Is An Abomination & A Blasphemous Pegan Festival - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 12:17pm On Dec 24, 2017
Martin0:

Hahahahah na wa for u oo,gringrin
That my ex (from SA)the baby belongs to my friend whom she's currently married togringrin
Right, see complications o! Anyway, so your friend married your ex right? what hindered you from marrying her yourself?
Re: Christmas Is An Abomination & A Blasphemous Pegan Festival - Reno Omokri by dunkem21(m): 12:18pm On Dec 24, 2017
franzis:
please stop misquoting the Bible, no where in the Bible was it stated that 3 wise from the East , it was just wise men

However, tradition has it that the three wise men who came to seek and honor the infant Jesus were named Gaspar, Balthasar, and Melchior. ... They were philosophers, the counselors of rulers, learned in all the wisdom of the ancient East

http://googleweblight.com/i?u=http://www.bibleinfo.com/en/questions/what-were-names-three-wise-men&grqid=lA3Mfus3&hl=en-NG

Be guided!
Re: Christmas Is An Abomination & A Blasphemous Pegan Festival - Reno Omokri by Ndubuisi1075: 12:19pm On Dec 24, 2017
II. How Did Christmas Come to Be Celebrated on December 25?

A. Roman pagans first introduced the holiday of Saturnalia, a week long period of lawlessness celebrated between December 17-25. During this period, Roman courts were closed, and Roman law dictated that no one could be punished for damaging property or injuring people during the weeklong celebration. The festival began when Roman authorities chose “an enemy of the Roman people” to represent the “Lord of Misrule.” Each Roman community selected a victim whom they forced to indulge in food and other physical pleasures throughout the week. At the festival’s conclusion, December 25th, Roman authorities believed they were destroying the forces of darkness by brutally murdering this innocent man or woman.

B. The ancient Greek writer poet and historian Lucian (in his dialogue entitled Saturnalia) describes the festival’s observance in his time. In addition to human sacrifice, he mentions these customs: widespread intoxication; going from house to house while singing naked; rape and other sexual license; and consuming human-shaped biscuits (still produced in some English and most German bakeries during the Christmas season).

C. In the 4th century CE, Christianity imported the Saturnalia festival hoping to take the pagan masses in with it. Christian leaders succeeded in converting to Christianity large numbers of pagans by promising them that they could continue to celebrate the Saturnalia as Christians.[2]

D. The problem was that there was nothing intrinsically Christian about Saturnalia. To remedy this, these Christian leaders named Saturnalia’s concluding day, December 25th, to be Jesus’ birthday.

E. Christians had little success, however, refining the practices of Saturnalia. As Stephen Nissenbaum, professor history at the University of Massachussetts, Amherst, writes, “In return for ensuring massive observance of the anniversary of the Savior’s birth by assigning it to this resonant date, the Church for its part tacitly agreed to allow the holiday to be celebrated more or less the way it had always been.” The earliest Christmas holidays were celebrated by drinking, sexual indulgence, singing naked in the streets (a precursor of modern caroling), etc.

F. The Reverend Increase Mather of Boston observed in 1687 that “the early Christians who first observed the Nativity on December 25 did not do so thinking that Christ was born in that Month, but because the Heathens’ Saturnalia was at that time kept in Rome, and they were willing to have those Pagan Holidays metamorphosed into Christian ones.”[3] Because of its known pagan origin, Christmas was banned by the Puritans and its observance was illegal in Massachusetts between 1659 and 1681.[4] However, Christmas was and still is celebrated by most Christians.

G. Some of the most depraved customs of the Saturnalia carnival were intentionally revived by the Catholic Church in 1466 when Pope Paul II, for the amusement of his Roman citizens, forced Jews to race naked through the streets of the city. An eyewitness account reports, “Before they were to run, the Jews were richly fed, so as to make the race more difficult for them and at the same time more amusing for spectators. They ran… amid Rome’s taunting shrieks and peals of laughter, while the Holy Father stood upon a richly ornamented balcony and laughed heartily.”[5]

H. As part of the Saturnalia carnival throughout the 18th and 19th centuries CE, rabbis of the ghetto in Rome were forced to wear clownish outfits and march through the city streets to the jeers of the crowd, pelted by a variety of missiles. When the Jewish community of Rome sent a petition in1836 to Pope Gregory XVI begging him to stop the annual Saturnalia abuse of the Jewish community, he responded, “It is not opportune to make any innovation.”[6] On December 25, 1881, Christian leaders whipped the Polish masses into Antisemitic frenzies that led to riots across the country. In Warsaw 12 Jews were brutally murdered, huge numbers maimed, and many Jewish women were raped. Two million rubles worth of property was destroyed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Xenophobia : TB Joshua Weeps In Church As He Composes Song For Africa / Your Top 5 Indigenous Gospel Musicians And Your Favorite Tracks / Catholics Stage The Crucifixion Of Jesus At Ojo Alaba, Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.