Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,786 members, 7,806,179 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:35 PM

What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? (25479 Views)

Man Narrates His Encounter With An Electrician Who Thinks He Is A Prophet / ''Thunder Uproots Fuel Tanks After Land Battle Btw Pastor And Businesman''. PICS / Photo Of A Pastor With Bulge Praying With A Lady Got People Talking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? by bidemz(m): 10:02am On Dec 24, 2017
There was an argument between a friend and i yesterday about the difference between a pastor and a prophet, he said a pastor is a teacher while a prophet is a seer on which i disagreed saying the duo share the same visions
I decided to bring this topic before nairalanders to say your own view on this

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? by LionDeLeo: 10:09am On Dec 24, 2017
The pastor preaches the Gospel, nothing more.

The Prophet is a spiritualist, though uses bible to cover up, to get more clients. Babalawo is another name for these prophet.

Not, I'm not referring to the historic prophets of God. By prophet, I mean the likes of TB Joshua.

15 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? by HallaDaTruth: 10:18am On Dec 24, 2017
For me the major difference Between a pastor and a prophet is the spelling grin

18 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? by Homeboiy: 10:37am On Dec 24, 2017
Onye ukochukwu na

onye Amuma

16 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? by akeentech(m): 11:19am On Dec 24, 2017
One is a thief (pastor) while the other is a scammer (prophet).

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? by victorazyvictor(m): 11:19am On Dec 24, 2017
All these inconsequential questions are always up because children of this age refuses to study Bible..

And is a shame no one here with meaningful answer and they claimed to be Christians. chai

Go and read 1Corinthian 12:1-14
You will understand.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? by akeentech(m): 11:19am On Dec 24, 2017
I'm different from those pastors because I don't extort anybody to make my money

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? by favourmic(m): 11:20am On Dec 24, 2017
A pastor = Alufa
A prophet = woli

grin grin grin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? by MrsNwaAmaikpe(f): 11:20am On Dec 24, 2017
shocked
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? by nickxtra(m): 11:21am On Dec 24, 2017
Prophet is the biblical name or appellation for a Pastor.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? by Bollinger(m): 11:21am On Dec 24, 2017
None. Both are fraudsters. cool

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? by money121(m): 11:21am On Dec 24, 2017
Ok
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? by LadyVv(f): 11:22am On Dec 24, 2017
HallaDaTruth:
For me the major difference Between a pastor and a prophet is the spelling grin
Lols exactly

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? by MrRichy(m): 11:22am On Dec 24, 2017
a pastor preaches, a prophet prophecies

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? by Ojim07(m): 11:22am On Dec 24, 2017

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? by Nobody: 11:22am On Dec 24, 2017
Weda u call yourself G boy, yahoo boy, online businessman, online investor u still be scammer. Same goes for these goons in d pic

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? by adepeter2027(m): 11:23am On Dec 24, 2017
The differences are quite clear.

1. The digits of account balance. Ask TB-JOSH and Co..

2. The strategies, tactics, formations they employ in brainwashing the gullibles. Ask Adeboye and oyedepo

But they share only one thing in common sha - THEY'RE BOTH CRIMINALS

10 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? by Fussbot: 11:23am On Dec 24, 2017
Even pastors need prophets

7 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? by adizzb: 11:24am On Dec 24, 2017
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? by dammiedot(m): 11:25am On Dec 24, 2017
Prophets will tell you your future then later open an head office on your head

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? by nkwuocha: 11:25am On Dec 24, 2017
Your friend is correct. I prefer true prophet of God to pastors. True prophets of God are messengers of God and they are there to solely bring us to God through deliverance. The level of grace they have can't be compared with pastors.There are people that will pray from january to december,yet nothing will happen,but the grace a true prophet of God has can deliver/help you.That's why many of them aren't rich(genuine ones o),It's whatever you have ,and can give they collect. I respect genuine prophets from CAC and white garments ones, although I'm a Catholic.There are charismatic priests that are so strong in the spiritual that could also be called prophets.

Last Christmas, I was fixing my car and a man on white walked up to me and called me aside. I followed him,despite my initial relunctance. He told me flatly that someone deposited something in a new project going on in the village and told me exactly where.He gave me prayers and psalms and went on his way.He refused to take a dime.Out of fear I didn't travel again,but asked someone to check. The person confirmed it exactly the location inside an already erected fence and burnt it.It was a live tortoise tied in red clothes.

Any body can be pastor or pastorpreneur.Anybody can be called a prophet because many are watching their eyes diabolical to see things,but they can never solve your problem without going through same diabolical/devilish means. A true prophet of God eats prayers and fasting like food. They load you with prayers and fortify you with Psalms of warfare and deliverance. They tell you where youve offended God and admonish you to ask for mercy.No be to kneel down say "abeg baba God mercy na",Mba!!Sometimes you need to go through restitutions to repair Some damages,it wont be easy but they will guide you.They don't care about designers suit and hardly take a second look at the things of this world. May God bless genuine prophets of God.Its not easy sincerely. They hardly sleep.

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? by imstrong1: 11:26am On Dec 24, 2017
In the Bible they have different roles but it's so unfortunate now the two is being used interchangeably

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? by akaahs(m): 11:27am On Dec 24, 2017
To me ooo, i think is d way the individual sees himself or herself
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? by Mhizrohzz(f): 11:28am On Dec 24, 2017
cheesy
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? by Tolupage(m): 11:28am On Dec 24, 2017
A pastor is a leader/shepherd who specializes in preaching and teaching the word. Jeremiah 3.15

A prophet is a seer whose calling us to receive spiritual messages from God and deliver to specific person/s Deuteronomy 18.18

join us at http://realgistforum.com

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? by Mhizrohzz(f): 11:30am On Dec 24, 2017
Enemyofprogress shud know Dis... Bia where is d man
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? by Iseoluwani: 11:30am On Dec 24, 2017
bidemz:
There was an argument between a friend and i yesterday about the difference between a pastor and a prophet, he said a pastor is a teacher while a prophet is a seer on which i disagreed saying the duo share the same visions
I decided to bring this topic before nairalanders to say your own view on this

Go and read this book by Kenneth Hagin HE GAVE GIFT UNTO MEN

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? by Blakjewelry(m): 11:32am On Dec 24, 2017
most of the comments up there, they nearly broke my heart lolz

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? by Promiseisaac(m): 11:32am On Dec 24, 2017
both of them are just like bet9a and surebet,

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? by sanerugwei: 11:33am On Dec 24, 2017
Great difference is there
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? by Iseoluwani: 11:37am On Dec 24, 2017
nickxtra:
Prophet is the biblical name or appellation for a Pastor.

Wrong

A pastor is a Shepard, to oversee the flock of God. A prophet must have 3 things to be regarded as a prophet

1. Discerning spirit
2. Words of wisdom
3. Words of prophecy

A pastor is foremost a teacher, and a preacher.

There is a difference between a seer and a prophet

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Chris Oyakhilome Celebrates His 60th Birthday Today / Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness / Pastor David Onyekachukwu Suspended By Mountain Of Fire Over Rape Of Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.